User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 2 Mar 2014, 18:39   #51
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Re: Congrats faceless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l View Post
I love how people keep on blaming Forest or think this round is some slight to Forest in particular.

It isn't.
I havent seen anyone blame Forest here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhil
Perhaps if more people didn't conduct petty politics than Planetarion would be more popular and we would see more activity and less blocks.
YOu play politics in the environment you are given. Wishing for unrealistic scenerios is deluded. Everyone else does fine round on round.

Quote:
Congratulations on Faceless for winning, but I disagree on a number of points that has been raised in this thread. (I agree mostly with what mz has said for the record)
Not surprised, the amount of mz cocksucking on here is riduclous

Quote:
I disagree strongly that I was 'outplayed' as many seem to ignore the facts or the complex situations that Spore has been in for this round. All these armchair "HC" should know it was never a simple "drop NAP, hit Faceless". Certain alliances had already decided who they wanted to win based on our participation against Ultores (which may I add, respect to Ultores for putting up a fight even if I disagree with how you conduct yourselves)
Again i havent seen anyone say 'drop nap, hit faceless'. Everyone has said you decided to get off your fence way too late. Tbh tho it is as easy find 3-4 alliance (yourself + Vikings and Apprime coordinated would have dented Faceless) and then drop your NAP and get your block on.

Quote:
Maybe I will be remembered as the HC that wasn't ruthless enough but my politics for Spore are always fair as people in other alliances can attest. I always think to the long-term rather than the short.
You think as you like. RexDrax is a prime example of a fair and non ruthless HC, ask Vikings how many round wins they have chucked away.

Quote:
At the end of the day, I am proud of Spore's conduct this round and to how it took out of tag to clinch the victory away from us at the last possible moment.
They probably could have added those planets a week or so earlier, they just waited that long for effect. Again tho against an alliance 3/4's of your size it should never have been an option.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2014, 18:57   #52
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

I find it amusing how some people on here assume that its easy to get other alliances to hit who ever you want then to hit.
Planetarion aint won by politics, people that belive this dont know what they are talking about

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2014, 20:16   #53
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
I find it amusing how some people on here assume that its easy to get other alliances to hit who ever you want then to hit.
Planetarion aint won by politics, people that belive this dont know what they are talking about
It's a combination of everything. The definition of 'politics' being used here is very limited, because it's more than just avoiding incoming - it's also about eliminating your biggest threats, but few people seem to understand that. Some even take it personally. For every alliance that wins by avoiding incoming, you get three or four more who get roided out of existence.

When the margin is 7 million and the loser has quite a few crashes amongst other bits of indiscipline, then to rant on about politics is missing the point a touch. Combine that with Faceless' knowledge of the game mechanics to maximise their score then inch by inch, you get the difference between winning and losing.
Unread 2 Mar 2014, 20:41   #54
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar View Post
Correct, no alliance can take on 3 others and be victorious. Ult never fight alone, they always send in their puppets first, this round it was HR and Rock. EVERY time Spore got Ult incs, there would be mass targeting of Spore by HR and Rock 2-3 ticks before Ult came, this despite the fact that Spore was never particularly hostile to either (according to HR HC, Spore targeted HR for 2 whole nights during this round, yet HR targeted Spore every time Ult launched at us).

I see an awful lot of people claiming that Ult were forced to block and that nobody dares fight them alone, yet of the two rounds I have played with Ult partaking, Ult was the first to form a block in both. Contrary to popular belief, Spore did not enter this round with any deals (we haven't started a round with deals yet), and from the early ticks the only 2 deals we had were App and Vikings. We didn't form a deal with ND until later when we joined the war against Ult and to my knowledge, we never had a deal with CT at all (though a short temporary one could have existed whilst I was on holiday). We simply worked with CT vs Ult because it was in both of our interests to do so; clearly at this point hitting CT would be counter-productive, but there was no agreement that we wouldn't.

Yes, Ult are a very strong alliance and they are seen by the community as a threat to victory, but that is more down to the way they manipulate other alliances into soaking defence ahead of them than any higher player quality nowadays.

Spore was our 2nd top hostile while i still was around.
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Mar 2014, 00:48   #55
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
It's a combination of everything. The definition of 'politics' being used here is very limited, because it's more than just avoiding incoming - it's also about eliminating your biggest threats, but few people seem to understand that. Some even take it personally. For every alliance that wins by avoiding incoming, you get three or four more who get roided out of existence.

When the margin is 7 million and the loser has quite a few crashes amongst other bits of indiscipline, then to rant on about politics is missing the point a touch. Combine that with Faceless' knowledge of the game mechanics to maximise their score then inch by inch, you get the difference between winning and losing.
FL said there political choices were based on misunderstandings with Vikings.
If this is the truth, how can their politics be anything but random chance?
The outcome couldve been totaly diffrent based on a simple misunderstanding.
Does politics count for anything? Most likely very little.
What matter is being able to give your best throughout the round, and if chance let you, you will be able to win.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Mar 2014, 01:42   #56
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
FL said there political choices were based on misunderstandings with Vikings.
If this is the truth, how can their politics be anything but random chance?
The outcome couldve been totaly diffrent based on a simple misunderstanding.
Does politics count for anything? Most likely very little.
What matter is being able to give your best throughout the round, and if chance let you, you will be able to win.
Faceless politics was methodical. The reasons given for their actions are also part of the method. Actually every alliance often are the same.
Unread 3 Mar 2014, 08:50   #57
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah

Hunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Its not hard.
Unread 3 Mar 2014, 09:56   #58
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterrrr View Post
Its not hard.
Apprime politics: "hit them or we hit you!"
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Mar 2014, 19:11   #59
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Apprime politics: "hit them or we hit you!"
also "let's hit them for no reason at all for 3 days because cardi a dream about those 2 numbers"
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2014, 21:09   #60
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice

this was the lol i needed
ManiacMagic is offline   Reply With Quote