User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 7 Dec 2002, 21:27   #1
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
You're all morons

I may be regurgitating a few of my old posts here, but lets face it, you're morons.

Anyone could see that bar act of Zeus the conclusion of the round was inevitable. Hell, I saw it before Scouse would admit it. Sure, Fury and Friends could still have won a few battles, but even with the entire universe piling behind them they couldn't have worked up a victory. That said they could have made the victory less clear.

That said, Titans/LDK's victory stands as only marginally more legitmate than nos/WP's 'victory' back in round 6, if for other reasons. No one likes ****heads winning, and while rubbing up against eachother may feel good, don't expect to enjoy or join in on your little circle jerk.

Part of winning in Planetarion has always been dominance, and the yoke of oppression had not been laid down on the universe yet. And before someone screams 'but we weren't losing roids', even dominating alliances could lose roids (Legion did in late round 3). Whether or not you lose roids during a given night means little. I could probably point out nights in early r6 when Deus lost so little it would constitute 'non-loss', but that doesn't mean Deus had won. So without dominance, no total victory.

Without Total Victory, no Victor. And the louder you yell 'we won' the less people will accept it as true.

Well done, you allied with some of the best when others played 'for real'. You may count numbers, others count attitudes. And inevitably, this tainted your round more than Credit Card fraud or bot accusations ever could.

Jester
Unread 7 Dec 2002, 21:38   #2
Schleng

Pld
Unread 7 Dec 2002, 22:03   #3
Darkness
NoS forever

Darkness is an unknown quantity at this point
*waiting for flaming squad*

[NoS] forever
Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2002, 22:10   #4
Fist
in your ass

Fist is an unknown quantity at this point
heh

Round 2 - 4:18 [C4E] #9
Round 3 - idle, played a few weeks
Round 4 - semi-idle somewhere in p19 [TGS] + [p19a]/[R0CK]
Round 5 - idle, played a few weeks
Round 6 - 15:12 [Iliad] then no allie
Round 7 - 12:16 [Blackice]for a few weeks + [VtS] #46
Round 8 - 15:5 [Adelante] + [DTA] + [ETY]
Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2002, 22:20   #5
[m00]MAX

yes i'd say we are all morons for playing this game, some more than others.
Unread 7 Dec 2002, 22:44   #6
Auro
I AM OSCAR WILDE

Auro is an unknown quantity at this point
we're all morons for wasting our time. yes. that is true. did i tell you i tried to card people too?
Unread 7 Dec 2002, 22:46   #7
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Why isn't Jester a mod?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2002, 22:48   #8
Obfuscator
Antediluvian

Obfuscator is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
Why isn't Jester a mod?
If I had to wager a guess, it's because he'd probably delete every thread.
Reduco ad Honore [RaH] r8
Obfuscator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2002, 23:26   #9
Fraggle

every thread deleted eh? boards may be worth reading then ^^
Unread 7 Dec 2002, 23:49   #10
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quick Scouse! Tell Jester667 again how Titans/LDK were the biggest in the whoooooole universe!

(sorry, couldn't resist )
Unread 8 Dec 2002, 02:37   #11
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Ahriman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
Quick Scouse! Tell Jester667 again how Titans/LDK were the biggest in the whoooooole universe!

(sorry, couldn't resist )
You only said that cos you're Furry!!!!!
Unread 8 Dec 2002, 03:21   #12
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Jester is my 'mate', and he's called me worse than a moron before. *kisses* Jester.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2002, 03:26   #13
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
Bitter has some issues, a round in Scouse's gal wasn't too good for him

oops, did I say bitter? I meant Jester ofcourse.
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2002, 08:15   #14
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: You're all morons

Quote:
Originally posted by Jester667

Without Total Victory, no Victor. And the louder you yell 'we won' the less people will accept it as true.

Well done, you allied with some of the best when others played 'for real'. You may count numbers, others count attitudes.
Im curious, what alliance do you think won rounds 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7? Or are you saying that Titans/LDK never won this round, and no alliance has previous won a round since r1? Im confused.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2002, 10:00   #15
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Re: You're all morons

Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
Im curious, what alliance do you think won rounds 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7? Or are you saying that Titans/LDK never won this round, and no alliance has previous won a round since r1? Im confused.
Oh no!

Dont start him off

*threatens Jester with an event of lightsaber destruction*

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2002, 11:20   #16
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve

But...... I thought you're nice these days

Btw, I pity those who thought that this thread is exclusively directed to titans/ldk.
furssie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2002, 14:18   #17
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Ahriman
You only said that cos you're Furry!!!!!
Damn straight
Unread 8 Dec 2002, 15:49   #18
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
*snip*
It's quite clear that Fury and Legion won round 3. Round 4 was less of a clear cut case, some claim that Xanadu was the victor, some claim that nos and Xanadu shared the title. In the end Xanadu did have the top planet and gal, though to me that was a bit hollow as they were both donated to the top. The round ended to early for a clear cut victory, but I'm a bit biased in who I'd call 'winners' then.

Round 5 was a another clear case of domination by Fury and Legion.

Round 6 depends on how you look at it. If you go by mission statements, Deus wins 'because no one won' and because the round never really stagnated. If you go by pure planet and rank nos and WP 'won'. But no one accepted them as winners, so I think the general consensus is that 'Deus won' or 'we all did well'.

Round 7 would've been clearer if people had ****ed around less and shown 'their true colors' earlier. I believe Fury and Legion picked up that 'win' as well though, as no one else was really involved in the fight for the top spots.

As for this round, yes Titans and LDK 'won'. But the more they blow their horn about it, the less it seems that way. If you have to tell people that you won, that sort of indicates that it wasn't a very clear victory, doesn't it?

Jester
Unread 8 Dec 2002, 18:29   #19
VVV
[***]

VVV is an unknown quantity at this point
Are you so SLOW that you need 1-2 months of stagnation to determine the winner of the round ?
VVV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2002, 22:56   #20
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Quote:
Originally posted by VVV
Are you so SLOW that you need 1-2 months of stagnation to determine the winner of the round ?
No, I'm just saying that it has become tradition that Domination is part of what defines a Victor.

Jester
Unread 8 Dec 2002, 23:23   #21
Lord_Dain

Re: You're all morons

Quote:
Originally posted by Jester667
I may be regurgitating a few of my old posts here, but lets face it, you're morons.

Anyone could see that bar act of Zeus the conclusion of the round was inevitable. Hell, I saw it before Scouse would admit it. Sure, Fury and Friends could still have won a few battles, but even with the entire universe piling behind them they couldn't have worked up a victory. That said they could have made the victory less clear.

That said, Titans/LDK's victory stands as only marginally more legitmate than nos/WP's 'victory' back in round 6, if for other reasons. No one likes ****heads winning, and while rubbing up against eachother may feel good, don't expect to enjoy or join in on your little circle jerk.

Part of winning in Planetarion has always been dominance, and the yoke of oppression had not been laid down on the universe yet. And before someone screams 'but we weren't losing roids', even dominating alliances could lose roids (Legion did in late round 3). Whether or not you lose roids during a given night means little. I could probably point out nights in early r6 when Deus lost so little it would constitute 'non-loss', but that doesn't mean Deus had won. So without dominance, no total victory.

Well done, you allied with some of the best when others played 'for real'. You may count numbers, others count attitudes. And inevitably, this tainted your round more than Credit Card fraud or bot accusations ever could.

Jester
did you lose too?
Unread 8 Dec 2002, 23:24   #22
Lord_Dain

Quote:
Originally posted by VVV
pld \o/
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 00:49   #23
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord_Dain
did you lose too?
I was in Scouse' gal. Didn't play very much though.

Jester
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 01:30   #24
Silva baby
sexy honky chic

Silva baby is an unknown quantity at this point
i agree with Jester rd 3 winners were not in doubt ever =p
mebbe we need another roudn lyke that domination

Ex-Silver BC
Forever in Elysium

i have [FAITH] in myself, [FAITH] in my galaxy, and [FAITH] in my alliance
do you?

[FAITH][SILVER]
Silva baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 08:24   #25
RooKie
Boy without a toy

RooKie is an unknown quantity at this point
1. If the winner is the top planet, then a number of alliances could have won.
2. If the winner is most top 5 or 10 planets then I guess 3-4 could have won.
3. If the winner is best average score, then LDK/Titans didnt win.

On a sidenote: LENIN and Jester for mods!!

WC 2 Winners "TiG's Terrific Tribe" 3:21

Quicknet Webdesign & Neteffects Søkemotoroptimalisering
RooKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 11:20   #26
Little Timmy
Winker

Little Timmy will become famous soon enoughLittle Timmy will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by RooKie

On a sidenote: LENIN and Jester for mods!!

You got to be joking !!!

He'll need a full frontal lobotomy, removal of his sense of humour
and wont be able to be nasty to everyone and slag everyone off.

Vote Jester for Devils Advocate not a mod

Yeah so what Im an Original Pr0nstar

some of us have serious jobs
Little Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 11:33   #27
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Little Timmy
You got to be joking !!!

He'll need a full frontal lobotomy, removal of his sense of humour
and wont be able to be nasty to everyone and slag everyone off.

Vote Jester for Devils Advocate not a mod

ur married...dont talk bout devils advocate then :P

pld jester
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 13:05   #28
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

I'd love to know who beat us then. Since average score isn't opinionated, it's fact.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 13:10   #29
Gargle
drunk as usual.

Gargle is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
I'd love to know who beat us then. Since average score isn't opinionated, it's fact.
Olmit beat you. 666-0.
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 13:36   #30
Stals
Retired

Stals is an unknown quantity at this point
I lub you too Jester!!
R5 Legion member
R6 Legion BC
R7 Legion BC
WC2 TiG's Terriffic Tribe (winner galaxy!)
R8 Plush member
R9 ToT/LCH BC
R9.5 LDK Scanner
R10 Ðragons BC
R10.5 Didn't play
R11 1uP (winner galaxy!)
R12 1uP MO (winner galaxy!)
R13 Not playing
Stals is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 14:39   #31
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
This is basically the age-old question of "what defines a round winner?".

Personally, I believe that the sides of the argument can be reduced to three major schools of thought:

Pure rankings-based

People who are of this opinion look directly to the rankings for their answer. In particular, they look at specific rankings - #1 planet or #1 galaxy.

The advantage of this is that if everyone judges the winner by planet/galaxy rankings, it creates an incentive for alliances to compete. If alliance victory was determined purely by planet rank, would Legion have attacked Singu in r3? Or would Fury have attacked Ish in r5? By creating a criteria for 'victory' that only one single alliance can meet, it prevents any possibility of a 'joint victory'. However, it can also be somewhat unfair and unrepresentative of alliance power. It's not impossible for an alliance to get a single planet or even galaxy to #1, and keep it there, either by donations or political chicanery, even if that alliance isn't really the strongest.

Interpreted rankings-based

People who use this method to judge winners also go by the rankings, but they interpret the results differently. For example, they might say that the winner is the alliance with the most top 100 planets, or the highest percentage of the top 50.

This is probably a fairly balanced way of judging things. By looking at the 'big picture', the judgement is made on overall alliance strength rather than the performance of a small, elite subset of the alliance. The problem with this system is that, without the publication of member lists, it's not always immediately obvious who is winning. It's also slightly vague and open to interpretation. For example, LDK might have had the most top 10 planets, but Titans had more top 250 planets. Are LDK 'better' than Titans? This kind of ranking is only really useful for reinforcing already-established opinions - it can prove that Titans/LDK were beating Fury, but everyone knew that anyway.

'Deserved' victory

This viewpoint doesn't have much to do with the rankings, but has a lot to do with who 'should' have won. It's entirely subjective and depends completely on who you ask. An example of 'deserved' victory might be Deus in r6 - despite not really winning the score race, they still achieved their goal of creating a round in which the politics remained fairly fluid throughout. Another example might be hirr, who win because they have fun and don't care about winning.

The problem comes when you start confusing 'deserved' victory with scores - you end up with a r7 scenario. 15:19 'deserved' to win because Fred shouldn't have been deleted, 26:2 'deserved' to win because TU shouldn't have been deleted, 10:8 'deserved' to win because none of their members were actually deleted etc. etc.

My personal opinion is that the 'winners' should be determined by something like percentage of top 50 planets. Something which can be fairly easily counted, and gives an accurate overall representation of alliance strength. If alliance A wants to beat alliance B, they have to get more planets into the top 50, or knock some of alliance B's planets out.

If we judge winners purely by subjective methods, then pretty much anyone can claim to win, and you end up with the 'circlejerk' problem, as Jester put it. Alliances can claim joint victories, or pretend that they did a lot better than they actually did ("alliance A might have had higher scores, but we were better because we were attacked more" is an example of this). If 'victory' is determined purely by scores and rankings, it makes it clear to everyone exactly who is winning, and exactly what must be done in order to beat the currently winning alliance.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 14:43   #32
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Just a follow-up thought... with the possible exception of r6, the #1 planet has accurately reflected the strongest alliance in every round
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 14:50   #33
Stals
Retired

Stals is an unknown quantity at this point
Fury wasn't the strongest alliance in round 7, even tho they got #1 planet. Legion was stronger!

Legio Victor!!
Victori te Saluto!
R5 Legion member
R6 Legion BC
R7 Legion BC
WC2 TiG's Terriffic Tribe (winner galaxy!)
R8 Plush member
R9 ToT/LCH BC
R9.5 LDK Scanner
R10 Ðragons BC
R10.5 Didn't play
R11 1uP (winner galaxy!)
R12 1uP MO (winner galaxy!)
R13 Not playing
Stals is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2002, 11:12   #34
Cryptic
Retard Magnet

Cryptic is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by DaRk_anthraX
Fury wasn't the strongest alliance in round 7, even tho they got #1 planet. Legion was stronger!

Legio Victor!!
Victori te Saluto!
you are a bit of a spaz aren't you

Fury had clear lead in top 100 representation of both galaxy and planets.
..... never mind sharing top gal ( which fury had the most players in ) and have the top 2 planets

rnd 7 wasn't disputed other than some silly sods trying to claim that the gc of the top gal was legion so they won ( see above )

If you get tired of the crap , baby move over here and maybe buy some of mine

R1 c7R / Fury co-founder / annoying bully / Propaganda mechant.

Crypto Inc Comics

Last edited by Cryptic; 10 Dec 2002 at 11:30.
Cryptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2002, 11:42   #35
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
At the end of round 7, Fury was losing it.
Knight Theamion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2002, 11:52   #36
Cryptic
Retard Magnet

Cryptic is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Knight Theamion
aren't you that nobody board muppet that didn't have a clue about what was actually going. Something due to a complete lack inclusion in any important circles of intel

If you get tired of the crap , baby move over here and maybe buy some of mine

R1 c7R / Fury co-founder / annoying bully / Propaganda mechant.

Crypto Inc Comics
Cryptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Dec 2002, 23:07   #37
ÐarkÅngel
Innocent..

ÐarkÅngel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by ParraCida
Bitter has some issues, a round in Scouse's gal wasn't too good for him

oops, did I say bitter? I meant Jester ofcourse.
F.U.C.K. O.F.F

Jester is sooo not bitter,.. he is sweet fs
ÐarkÅngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2002, 01:15   #38
Iceaxe
Blood

Iceaxe is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Knight Theamion
Maybe they were losing something but it certainly wasn't the round.
Iceaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2002, 15:04   #39
jornx

jornx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Cryptic

aren't you that nobody board muppet that didn't have a clue about what was actually going. Something due to a complete lack inclusion in any important circles of intel
aren't you that muppet that posts nothing but badly written propaganda?
r3 jornx of Vegeta III (83:14:19)
r4 Kah'less of Klingon Home World (47:7:1) [Ely]
r5 Talak'Talan of Jem'Hadar (30:4:1) [RYB] [Ely]
r6 Odo of the Founders (33:17:2) [RYB] [VtS]
r7 Steve Orenstein of Wicked Pictures (20:20:1) [RYB] [VtS]
r8 The unbearable lightness of being (31:3:3) [RYB] [Titans]
r9 The beauty of silence (40:5:1) [RYB]
r9.5 ruler_27_3_9 of planet_27_3_9 (27:9:3) [RYB]

[RYB] forever
jornx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2002, 15:06   #40
DarkAngel
Nothing Is Forever.

DarkAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
You're all morons
thanks
Unread 11 Dec 2002, 15:17   #41
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Quote:
Originally posted by jornx

aren't you that muppet that posts nothing but badly written propaganda?
Wow. I haven't seen this much irony for at least the last 12 hours.

If you're going to criticize someone for poorly written propaganda, I suggest you begin by making sure your own propaganda is well written. For example:

aren't is better spelled Aren't. You'll also want to add a comma after nothing.

In addition, the lack of a structured argument makes your post seem like a simple flaming, one-liner. I'm quite sure it would be better if you added a sentence or two, maybe even a paragraph, so that people thought there were was actual substance in your argument (after all, an argument without substance is only an expressed opinion). Perhaps you should draw attention to Fury's lack of intel during the previous rounds. For example:

Considering Fury's once powerful stance in the field of Planetarion Intel and it's fall under your command, do you not feel that you are throwing stones from within a glass house in stating that certain individuals whom I regularly fed with Titans Intel last round are not included in important circles of Intel?

You will also want to draw attention to the fact that the quoted poster himself is not considered in high esteem by the viewing public. This will reinforce their previous negative opinion and leave them much more open to your own suggestives.

We all know that all you do on the boards is troll, if not against hostile alliances then against women.

If somewhat short, it should definitely cover the grounds needed.

At this point we can begin to draw a conclusion:

So in fact, you are the nobody board muppet who posts nothing but poorly written drivel meant to somehow bolster your own ego, while in fact only drawing scorn from those whose art you are defiling?

I'm sure you can take these lessons to note, and do your best to make AD worth reading again.

Jester
Unread 11 Dec 2002, 15:33   #42
Andy_r
X$X

Andy_r is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
1. If the winner is the top planet, then a number of alliances could have won.
Sorry, but the only way La Ketchup could have been taken down is if war broke out between LDK and Titans, and there is no way on Earth that was going to happen before December 23rd, as both sides had too much at stake.

Quote:
2. If the winner is most top 5 or 10 planets then I guess 3-4 could have won.
Look back over the past few months, and see how few planets have been knocked out of the top 10. Out of many dozens of attempts, only a tiny few worked. I don't believe anything really significant would have happened in the top 10 in the last 21 days of the round.

Quote:
Which is why average score is meaningless. Any half decent alliance could 'win' by that measure, simply by kicking out enough small players on the last day of the round.

LDK wanted no.1 planet, they got it, and the no. 1 planet was incrasing it's lead.

Titans wanted more top 10, top 50, top 100 and top 250 planets than anyone else, they got that, and they were increasing their lead there too.

I'd say that gives LDK/Titans a better claim to have won than anyone else has this round.

...btw, YHQ just wanted to hang out in irc and fill out silly surveys on their forum, they achieved that, and were increasing the silliness of the surveys... so YHQ is an winnar too :-)
R3 172:21:12 | R 4 136:8:5 | R5 30:25:12 | R6 11:5:1 | R7 40:25:17 | R8 30:1:5 | R9.5 36:10:14 | R10 1:5:9 Boldness of Helvetica

Proud to have been [YHQ] until the end of YHQ [VtS] until the end of Legion [Titans] until the end of Titans and |R6B| for Speedgames
Andy_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2002, 21:22   #43
revolv3r
:|

revolv3r is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Jester,

I was hoping you were going to call everyone morons for still sticking around PA while it's so crap. You have disappointed me though. Shame on you and your small penis.

Regards,

pistool
Unread 11 Dec 2002, 22:08   #44
GavGull
Here Today

GavGull is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by revolv3r
Hi pist,

Why steal my rank? :|
GavGull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2002, 22:13   #45
revolv3r
:|

revolv3r is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by GavGull

Hi pist,

Why steal my rank? :|
I like the rank?
Unread 12 Dec 2002, 14:16   #46
RooKie
Boy without a toy

Quote:
Originally posted by Andy_r

Sorry, but the only way La Ketchup could have been taken down is if war broke out between LDK and Titans, and there is no way on Earth that was going to happen before December 23rd, as both sides had too much at stake.

He could have been taken down, no doubt about that. I dunno how hard you think that would be for Fury/FAnG/ToT/WP/Elysium/MadCowS/hirr/KoN/NoS?

Quote:
Look back over the past few months, and see how few planets have been knocked out of the top 10. Out of many dozens of attempts, only a tiny few worked. I don't believe anything really significant would have happened in the top 10 in the last 21 days of the round.
You really underestimate the abillity of what this group could do if they wanted only that.

Quote:
Which is why average score is meaningless. Any half decent alliance could 'win' by that measure, simply by kicking out enough small players on the last day of the round.
Someone suggested that was the parameter that Titans won by. I dont say its the way to count it.

Quote:
LDK wanted no.1 planet, they got it, and the no. 1 planet was incrasing it's lead.

Titans wanted more top 10, top 50, top 100 and top 250 planets than anyone else, they got that, and they were increasing their lead there too.

I'd say that gives LDK/Titans a better claim to have won than anyone else has this round.
Noone is saying anything else, if the round actually was announced finished. What is beeing discussed is if this group of alliances could have changed the state of the uni. If number 1 planet or top 10 is the parameter, then surely they could do something. If top 50 or top 100 is the parameter, then it would have been much harder.

Unread 15 Dec 2002, 21:22   #47
lrytas
[LDK] Head

lrytas is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
He could have been taken down, no doubt about that. I dunno how hard you think that would be for Fury/FAnG/ToT/WP/Elysium/MadCowS/hirr/KoN/NoS?
Very hard.
Fury were attacking us from time to time, later when they get roided they stopped it.
Fang were also affraid, they had been attacking smaller alliances.
ToT wouldnt attack LDK.
WP - Yep they were a threat, they wanted a nap later, but they got killed as well.
Elysium - also a threat, but they havent had big players, except a few.
MadCows - no idea, they havent had a lot of big planets as well
hirr - same as madcows
KoN - THey would doubtfully attack us.
NoS -
________
Yamaha rx-135

Last edited by lrytas; 26 Feb 2011 at 19:16.
lrytas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 06:48   #48
RooKie
Boy without a toy

hehe, I love you lrytas...but you were actually our main target according to my plan. We would go after all ur mid sized planets draining you and killing off your defence shield for your top planets.

It would have been very hard as I know u kick ass, but I had good hopes of giving you a lot of anxiety.

Unread 16 Dec 2002, 09:27   #49
Predat0r
Commander of Pies

Predat0r is infamous around these parts
\o/ Jester I love it when you talk dirty \o/

How Rare
Predat0r is offline   Reply With Quote