User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 12 Jan 2003, 00:46   #1
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Illinois governer clears death row.

I can't see any other threads on this which surprises me but for once someone got it right [bbc.co.uk].

After several recent miscarriage of justice cases the governor of Illinois (the day before his term ends) has commuted every single death sentence to life imprisonment.
Quote:
"I'm going to sleep well tonight knowing that I made the right decision," said Governor Ryan.

"Because the Illinois death penalty system is arbitrary and capricious - and therefore immoral - I no longer shall tinker with the machinery of death," he said
Whether it was done on the last day of his term or not (insert future political motive here), it's a massive boost for human rights in the US. As long as the judicial system is fallible we simply cannot justify a death penalty in any country.

Congratulations George Ryan, no matter what else you've done you did good with this one..
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote