User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Closed Thread
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 11:30   #1
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light
[Declined] Free PA!!!!

ok calm down,....

For two weeks(maybe 3) run a free PA game. Basic stuff, 1-2 races, no cov-ops, etc. Might have to rent another server for this i expect, but u can make stick in ya pop ups for some money from it. This might be somthing to look at for near the end of the round, going into when it's over.

Advertise it around,... people can try out this free vershion, with everyone on the same footing, and once they have a taste for it, the game ends, thus if they liked it, and want more, they'll be more inclined to join the main game (round 15 by then).

Not a well written idea i think (looks up) but i think u get the gist,...
anyway, just a thought,....
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 11:52   #2
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Free PA!!!!

They kinda do a lot of freebies when they get chance to like the free speedgames between round 12 and 13 and the free one after round 13

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 11:53   #3
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light

true, buts thats for people who already play the game, those that dont, dont know about it, plus, it's not a reall representation of the game itself
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 12:21   #4
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Well, if they could afford to advertise the free speedgames they probably would.
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 13:34   #5
Rocko

well i dont know about these things,.... are they just NOT advertising? Do i just not SEE the advertising? or can't they AFFORD to advertise??
Unread 4 Jul 2005, 13:57   #6
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

The problem I always think PA has on the advertising front is where do you advertise. Sadly the normal places to advertise have been damaged almost beyond repair from the past round. PA's name is simply not worth much any more as word of mouth has been so bad. As such advertising the game in these circles would be fruitless and its really going to be word of mouth that will change this and this isnt something thats going to happen overnight rather something which needs a number of rounds of good thing being said
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
Unread 5 Jul 2005, 03:02   #7
The Master

they are finding it hard to get new players because there are no graphics in the game, its hard to get set up in an alliance if u dont know anything or where to look, and HCT limits on free accounts REALLY suck.

Unread 5 Jul 2005, 17:44   #8
Think
Yeah I hear you

Think is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Master
they are finding it hard to get new players because there are no graphics in the game, its hard to get set up in an alliance if u dont know anything or where to look, and HCT limits on free accounts REALLY suck.
I belive that a bit more graphics would get a few more new players to come and check it out.

The thing you say bout an alliance is not really such a problem, since most ppl are glad too help new players in their gal to know the way around in PA, forums and irc. (at least those I have played in gal with the last rounds)

And there have to be some limit on free accounts, but it could have been a bit higher.

Another thing is the wait. There are most likely ppl who never have tried this game before that tries to log in between rounds and just give up there couse they can`t log in over a longer period of time so after trying a few times they give it up.
Unread 6 Jul 2005, 09:58   #9
Rocko

thing is, PA NEVER had good graphics,.. but it had thousands in the earlier days.
Granted it was free then,.... but these people need to pay the bills somehow to be fair.
Unread 6 Jul 2005, 14:17   #10
kamikaze69
[F-crew] member

kamikaze69 is an unknown quantity at this point

swirve seems to manage not charging for gameplay and yet has been up and running for the last 5-8 years, so I wonder how they do it???

I want what is rightfully MINE . I have much, but need MUCH MORE !!!

R13 - [F-CREW]
R14 - [F-CREW]
Unread 22 Aug 2005, 13:08   #11
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

decliend - this would take to much coding effort, and we don;t ahve the budget for advertsing such an event

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Closed Thread