User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 11 Apr 2005, 12:05   #1
paolo
Kwaak

paolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to all
[Discuss] Attacking in your own galaxy

This is more a suggestion for a speedround or maybe even havoc.

Switch the targets from universe to galaxy only. You can only attack in-gal and maybe even only defend in-gal.

The galaxy setup:

- Buddy packs of about 4 people (1 for each race)
- 20-30 ppl in each galaxy
- Room for about 4 or 5 buddy packs in each galaxy and fill it up with random people

The way i propose it works:
You can decide if you want to be the king of the galaxy and roid everybody, work together with just your buddy pack and roid the rest of the galaxy, you could team up with other ppl in the gal and roid the rest, etc.

After you are done in the gal and feeling brave or are just being bashed by everyone else, exile yourself or exile your entire buddy pack (Offcourse you can exile other ppl if they get too big or small for your liking by working together with the rest of the gal) to try and find new targets in other galaxy's or create an opening in your own gal.
Maybe there should also be an option to exile an entire buddy pack, but i leave that decision to you.

The Buddy Packs will apear as the alliances so you can decide if you want to play for top ranks with your Buddy Pack, top planet or both.

So what do you think?
paolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 12:13   #2
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts
Re: Attacking in your own galaxy

erm, in short no.

Speedround - What if you out grow your inactive galaxy. You then cant win the round as there is noone you can attack.
Havoc - The whole point of havoc is to get revenge on those who attacked you, so the people not in you gal
Played r4-present missing only 1 round so sad...
Rc mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 12:18   #3
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Speedround - What if you out grow your inactive galaxy. You then cant win the round as there is noone you can attack.
You exile.

Quote:
Havoc - The whole point of havoc is to get revenge on those who attacked you, so the people not in you gal
Says who? I know I wasn't alone in using havoc to attack people in my alliance for a bit of a laugh. I can see people not liking the 'only attacking your gal' for havoc, but removing the ban on doing so can't do much harm.

It's not a bad concept, but I don't see it as being so different to abolishing galaxies completely, and there's a thread about this already
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 16:58   #4
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

Rc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these partsRc mayhem is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMM
You exile.
and who would you get in return? no players start halfway through a speed game so you would only get a bunch more of inactives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMM
Says who? I know I wasn't alone in using havoc to attack people in my alliance for a bit of a laugh. I can see people not liking the 'only attacking your gal' for havoc, but removing the ban on doing so can't do much harm.

It's not a bad concept, but I don't see it as being so different to abolishing galaxies completely, and there's a thread about this already
it would have to be at standard universe eta though or gals could gang up on each other, which may be a good idea, may not be though
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 18:17   #5
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc mayhem
and who would you get in return? no players start halfway through a speed game so you would only get a bunch more of inactives.
He means self - exile
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 19:04   #6
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Moron.
Quote:
it would have to be at standard universe eta though or gals could gang up on each other, which may be a good idea, may not be though
It's havoc, who gives a shit?
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 20:49   #7
Rc mayhem
Un-retired by request

[quote=SYMM]Moron.
[quote] no need for that mr perfect.
Quote:
It's havoc, who gives a shit?
well you obviously do.
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 21:04   #8
paolo
Kwaak

paolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to all

Well the thought behind it was to have something different in a speedround, make it fun for the smaller teams or selfish guys

Also to be able to create a team in every galaxy you land. Great politics, backstabbing and plain fun. The game will be very fast because everything could happen. You could be the king of your galaxy and then the #1 of the universe exiles himself in your gal.
paolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 22:09   #9
Goafer LX

Goafer LX has a little shameless behaviour in the past

what rc mayhem said is true bout how havoc is for gettin your own back
but maybe this could be played as the second speegame... they usually have a few between rounds...
thats a fair compromise... it does sound uber fun

[INS]Goafer
Goafer LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2005, 14:12   #10
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

I think the CTF stuff aounds a lot better than this

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2005, 01:49   #11
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold
Re: [Discuss] Attacking in your own galaxy

yep CTF is better. But, for a normal round, allowing ingal attacks would be good fun and it could well... boost cooperation within the gal (read detterence). it would also make the political game more interesting and give more importance to the Ministers. Nothing like a good brawl to become real buddies (at least that's what hollywood movies have always shown )
Unread 12 Jun 2005, 06:04   #12
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I dont think being able to attack in-gal would be beneficial. Remember back to the start of this round when everyone was in a gal with hostile planets. Those hostiles would just make your life hell, and maybe lean into you and roid/kill/steal your planet to nothing - without any external help.

not being able to attack in-gal makes encourages co-operation - as if you cant attack them, you might as well work with them to help eachother out. There would be none of that incentive for a gal that can attack itself.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2005, 09:14   #13
Rocko

Rocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of lightRocko is a glorious beacon of light

In-gal co-operation is quite a big part of the game,... it's your last and sometimes best line for deffence (being able to get ships for fi+co incomming for example, that your alliance can't send). In gal attacks would just bring back the days of farming,....

As for this in havoc,.. it cuts down your choices and range for attacks,.. instead of giving you many options, it forces you to only have a few options of who to attack,..
Unread 12 Jun 2005, 11:03   #14
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I think i'd be in favour of being able to attack your own gaalxy during havoc only - as at the end of the round i had this sudden urge to wipe out a Zik in my gal who had got fat solely from defending me with stealers (mostly) all round .

but other than that, i cant say that i am a fan...
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2005, 16:29   #15
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm I like the idea of attacking in galaxy during havoc because yes its havoc and I would love to launch my fleet at cypher or elviz
But to do this in a normal game or speedgame and actually just restrict it to attacking only in gal sounds daft.
But during this CTF(R) round I wouldnt mind the alliance page being turned off completly and not being able to defend outside galaxy because seems a bit daft tbh when CTF(R) is a sorta galaxy thing.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote