User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Oct 2006, 03:31   #1
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold
Political systems (again)

I'd like to re-suggest a previous idea, I think it is not difficult to implement and would bring something extra to R20.
Galaxy Political Systems

Basically the GC can choose a political system for the whole galaxy. It will give a bonus on the output of a construction for every planet in the gal.

-Democracy: better Finance Center
-Authoritarian: better Refinery (M, C or E at random)
-Communist: better Security Center

The political system will be shown by using the above colour code on the gal name

Once a political system is chosen it can't be changed for a period of X ticks, unless there is a new GC elected.
If no choice is made, or there is no GC
Anarchy: no bonus
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 04:28   #2
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold
Re: Political systems (again)

nah. its to easy to exploit and doesn't have much variation.
Early round do Communist, for those pesky covert oppers. Mid round do better Refinery. Late round when people have many Finance centers do better finance center.
Boring.
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 07:50   #3
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
nah. its to easy to exploit and doesn't have much variation.
Early round do Communist, for those pesky covert oppers. Mid round do better Refinery. Late round when people have many Finance centers do better finance center.
Boring.
I'm not so sure... if you increase the differences and mak eit all more subtle add in a few more politcal systems etc it would be possible to make the choice harder to make. You could also make it so that the GC doesn;t actually control the system - its throguh galaxy votes - if their is no majority decision - you get anarchy - and none of the advantages of any politcal system.

In short I think the idea itslef is very interesting and might be fun, but it needs developing further.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 10:36   #4
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
- its throguh galaxy votes - if their is no majority decision - you get anarchy - and none of the advantages of any politcal system.
I demand that anarchy have bonuses as well. Anarchy has nothing to do with voting, so getting it based on the fact that there is no majority is just stupid.
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 11:58   #5
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
Early round do Communist, for those pesky covert oppers.
I would have thought that clearly the best course of action would be to select the Refinery one first right at the start of the round, as mines = 6 roids and whatnot.

I'd really only swap to security centres if alot of people were getting hit by major covert ops (the information blackout or the factory killing ones - structures get really expesive towards late in the round), and/or if a major jammer h0e was getting n00bed by covert ops, then swap to "communist".

But whilst just having three might be boring, i think that having more variety would be better. Things such as an oligarchy promoting "corporate" ideals could improve research times, or Monarchy improving the bonus on Engineering setups for everyone, etc. As such, i find myself in agreement with Kal (!!!!!! - yes, i will now go wash my mouth out with soap ).

An additional avenue to pursue, is that if a galaxy strongly/unanimously "votes" to have just one governmental system, then the bonus is higher than if there is dissent. That could be a better way of expressing "anarchy", as planets who are not 100% behind the system of government wont be quite so willing to be democratic, and as such wont receive the same bonus.

What do you think?
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 12:33   #6
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
I would have thought that clearly the best course of action would be to select the Refinery one first right at the start of the round, as mines = 6 roids and whatnot.

I'd really only swap to security centres if alot of people were getting hit by major covert ops (the information blackout or the factory killing ones - structures get really expesive towards late in the round), and/or if a major jammer h0e was getting n00bed by covert ops, then swap to "communist".

But whilst just having three might be boring, i think that having more variety would be better. Things such as an oligarchy promoting "corporate" ideals could improve research times, or Monarchy improving the bonus on Engineering setups for everyone, etc. As such, i find myself in agreement with Kal (!!!!!! - yes, i will now go wash my mouth out with soap ).

An additional avenue to pursue, is that if a galaxy strongly/unanimously "votes" to have just one governmental system, then the bonus is higher than if there is dissent. That could be a better way of expressing "anarchy", as planets who are not 100% behind the system of government wont be quite so willing to be democratic, and as such wont receive the same bonus.

What do you think?

I agree that if the base proposal had a lot more variation then it would be interesting. I in no way agree with "voting" or anything of the nature as there isn't even enough activity to merit this as the same gals that do well, will continue to do well because they have activity. Now it only is magnified because the active gal have a mining bonus over the inactive ones.

No vote. GC decides flat out, and there is more variation along the likes of your monarchy and oligarchy, then it could be a benificial asset to the game.

Making any new features to this game, at its current state, that are in correlation with activity is bad.
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 15:36   #7
myk
PA Team

myk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to beholdmyk is a splendid one to behold

Again, following Kal and Ultimate Newbe, I find myself in agreement, this would be a great addition to Round 20. I think that it does need a lot more development to make it worth while and it needs to be developed in such a way that perhaps, with each form of government, the GC's options change and so does the galaxy's. A very interesting idea.

-myk-

[email protected]
myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 16:05   #8
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

i like the basic idea of this too
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 17:52   #9
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

I like Sov's idea for an anarchy replacement.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 18:36   #10
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I agree. At the moment, the GC does pretty much nothing except change the gal name and picture (and organise for people to be exiled).

The Ministers of Development/War/Communication are the same. They do pretty much nothing (except Development, who can turn on or off the gal fund).

This would be a way of bringing them into the game again.