User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 16 Oct 2003, 09:25   #1
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
Explain for me

Quote:
'United we stand... fleets grounded until RollBack | Ğragons, Eclipse, FaNG, Elysium, Hippler, ND, NoS, ToT, Vision, WP, RaH, seraphim, HR'

Why would anyone want a rollback again?

Who actually thinks there will be a rollback now that Spinner is gone?
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 09:51   #2
Treveler
Its time to roll the dice

Treveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant futureTreveler has a brilliant future
Re: Explain for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabult
Be course some have gotten roids they should not have, some had there fleets out in the midle of nowhere and couldnt defend themself or their mates. A rollback is just as justified now as it was the first time.

Quote:
Who actually thinks there will be a rollback now that Spinner is gone?
If its not I`m not sure I would bother to play anymore even tho I was not affected by the "loco" fleets myself. I doubt there will be a rollback tho
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 10:02   #3
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

I guess there wont be an anything anymore :-)
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 12:08   #4
rnd|One
100% irresistible

rnd|One has a spectacular aura aboutrnd|One has a spectacular aura aboutrnd|One has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Some had their fleets killed due to being attacked, not being able to get defence and not being able to move them out of the way. I'd say that's reason enough, as it was due to the game not the person that this happened.
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 12:45   #5
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Cool i can go out and attack planets in the knowledge they will get no defence cos their alliances fleets are grounded....?

lolly roffle
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 13:56   #6
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

back to the orignial topic...

defence is allowed under the fleet grounding, but attacks are not...

as to wether there will be a roll back.... this has been severly affected by the lack of creators... although i think most people would agree that it would have been the fair thing to do.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 14:35   #7
Waku
a simple pe0n

Waku has a little shameless behaviour in the past

lets rollback to tick 1 and all start over again

#newdawn

Don't Trust Anyone

Proud to have served with the guys of 2:10 in PaX

We are the Elysium Support Center
Waku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 16:05   #8
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohm
It is not solely the pa-crews responsibility to have a fair game....that responsibility rests also on the big alliances.

It would take them a second to tell their members not to abuse the flaw, instead their leaders contribute to destroing the game...

You are false and unreliable, I feel sorry for you and your mates taking advantage of this in the most cynical way.

If its a comfort to you poor people, you will never see me again...

Major retailer in computer games: Hey, how much for the Soul Caliber 2?
Supplier: £10 each
Major retailer in computer games: Hm, what about £7.50?
Supplier: £10 or you don't get any.
Major retailer in computer games: Fine. £10 it is.

MEANWHILE, ELSEWHERE...

Toy Store: Hey Mr.Mystery, how much for the Soul Caliber 2?
MysterySupplier: Hm, well since you're already getting £4000 worth of Lego, I suppose we can do it for £5 each
Toy Store: Done deal.

LATER

Computer games retailer sells game for £39.99
Toy Store sells game for £29.99.

Computer games retailer goes because if they sell it for less they get rubbish profit. (sometimes a loss).

MORALE OF STORY:

This example is to prove that sometimes you use different techniques to undercut competition. In this example a toy store can get the game cheaper through different connections whilst the games retailer is stuck at a high price. The games retailer suffers because they deal specifically with games, whilst the toy store prospers.

In other words the toy stores will attempt tp suffocate other retailers. In business, you always try to compete and undercut your competition. Be it by doing price checks everyday, posing as customers to competitors, buying games really cheap and selling for quite alot and so on.

RELATION TO THIS GAME:

As you've noticed, PA has no morality. I don't know what youve been playing where PA has had a spirit and alliances have been responsible for abuses within the system - but its not been the same PA I've played.PA has been abused since r1 - the major alliances becoming major due to finding ways to play the game that others do not. You cant hold the alliance HC responsible for anything since they are only performing within the rules of the game - morality doesnt question into it otherwise you could debate the entire notion of alliance spies.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 17:27   #9
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Just out of interest, what tick is it that ppl want to rollback to, or what day?
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 17:28   #10
Eventh
Retired?

Eventh is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt
Just out of interest, what tick is it that ppl want to rollback to, or what day?
Tick 737, the tick the first rollback went to, and when the fleets got stuck..
Eventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 17:39   #11
Jykke
Estharian

Jykke has a spectacular aura aboutJykke has a spectacular aura aboutJykke has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
some pretty question
hi dabult,
you been spammin the boards lot lately :tongue:

[Blue Tuba] -> [Fury] -> [Eclipse] -> [1up]
rounds that I have played; 3-10 and 16.
....."Never Defeat,
.....Never Despair,
Welcome To Esthar"
Jykke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 18:37   #12
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough

Not much else to do Eldan, nowhere to send def and own when i cba to attack anymore :tongue:
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 20:04   #13
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Major retailer in computer games: Hey, how much for the Soul Caliber 2?
Supplier: £10 each
Major retailer in computer games: Hm, what about £7.50?
Supplier: £10 or you don't get any.
Major retailer in computer games: Fine. £10 it is.

MEANWHILE, ELSEWHERE...

Toy Store: Hey Mr.Mystery, how much for the Soul Caliber 2?
MysterySupplier: Hm, well since you're already getting £4000 worth of Lego, I suppose we can do it for £5 each
Toy Store: Done deal.

LATER

Computer games retailer sells game for £39.99
Toy Store sells game for £29.99.

Computer games retailer goes because if they sell it for less they get rubbish profit. (sometimes a loss).

MORALE OF STORY:

This example is to prove that sometimes you use different techniques to undercut competition. In this example a toy store can get the game cheaper through different connections whilst the games retailer is stuck at a high price. The games retailer suffers because they deal specifically with games, whilst the toy store prospers.

In other words the toy stores will attempt tp suffocate other retailers. In business, you always try to compete and undercut your competition. Be it by doing price checks everyday, posing as customers to competitors, buying games really cheap and selling for quite alot and so on.

RELATION TO THIS GAME:

As you've noticed, PA has no morality. I don't know what youve been playing where PA has had a spirit and alliances have been responsible for abuses within the system - but its not been the same PA I've played.PA has been abused since r1 - the major alliances becoming major due to finding ways to play the game that others do not. You cant hold the alliance HC responsible for anything since they are only performing within the rules of the game - morality doesnt question into it otherwise you could debate the entire notion of alliance spies.

And the relevance to a Roll Back is what?
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 21:01   #14
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

rollback to R2.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 17:58   #15
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Rollbacks are the stupidest thing that has ever happened to Planetarion. It ruins the game, cause noone, NOONE, will ever be satisfied. The fact is that there will allways be whiners no matter what. If they get their way every time. For me a rollback means hours of MY time, wasted just because some brat wanted his way, and convinced others to join him in his ghandi way of demanding a rollback.

If one of my CD-games freezes, and windows crash on my computer, i don't Mail the company that made the game, and microsoft, demanding them to send me fixed versions of their software, and the ability to pick up in the game exactly where i was when it crashed..... i accept the game the way it is. We all know that the ticker will go down, the servers will struggle, every damn round. We all know what we paid for. I never read anything about rights to demand rollback when i read the agreement etc when i signed up and paid.... stop demanding everything, accept the game for what it is.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 18:10   #16
Andy_r
X$X

Andy_r is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, people will whine no matter what happens.

The difference is that the some of the pro-rollback people are whining about losing their entire fleet, and the anti rollback people are whining about having to re-do a day or two's play.

What PA actually needs is a quicker response to the inevitable problems, and more information for the players about what is happening. If we knew that the server would automatically detect the abnormally low number of pages served when there was a problem and would automatically halt the ticker, everything would be fine. The whole process could be automated without the need for rollbacks if the ticker auto-restarted when the number of pages served returned to normal levels.
R3 172:21:12 | R 4 136:8:5 | R5 30:25:12 | R6 11:5:1 | R7 40:25:17 | R8 30:1:5 | R9.5 36:10:14 | R10 1:5:9 Boldness of Helvetica

Proud to have been [YHQ] until the end of YHQ [VtS] until the end of Legion [Titans] until the end of Titans and |R6B| for Speedgames
Andy_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2003, 20:34   #17
LEFF|pm
Lord of the Boards

LEFF|pm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l

... what a pathetic and restricted point of view. Where do you take the arrogance from to equate Fury with Planetarion? ... I would have fully agreed if you stated, that your alliance had no morality and therfore was great in "finding ways to play the games that others do not".

Let me rephrase your euphemistic wording: its not a great deal to find the ways but more to lower yourself to break these new grounds. Can you even imagine, that some alliances around simply are too proud to pay up a #1 planet with their dignity and regard abusing and backstabbing their allies, blocking and lieing on the boards as beneath themselves ?

PA DOES HAVE a morality... maybe its not much left of it, and maybe some players even claim proudly to never have played fair and moralic, but I do. And as well I feel responsible for every action my alliance takes. Its the High Council who decides and me who give the orders, and im sure at least in this special case FAnG isnt too different from other alliances.

Last edited by LEFF|pm; 18 Oct 2003 at 23:56.
LEFF|pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2003, 19:59   #18
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

wtf is wrong with backstabbing???? thats what makes the game unpredictable and fun..... everything else i'll call stagnation. The largest alliance never liked backstabbing or blocking, but what other weapons does the medium/small alliances have to rock the boat????

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote