User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 9 May 2004, 18:01   #151
rshih
Aaranaf's Master

rshih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nice
Re: Official Phraktos Statement

Weren't that many ex-dragons in Phraktos..... like 10/83 or 1/8
R3: nub R10: 12:9:1 to 9:7:3 G Rank #14 P Rank #194
R4: 275:6:13 R10.5: 17:9:9 quitter
R5: 4:8:4 to 35:11:x R11: 15:4:9 G Rank #10 P Rank #32
R6: 22:22:11 R12: 29:8:9
R7: 8:16:9 G Rank #52 R13: Forgot
R9: 52:6:5 for a week R14: Forgot
R9.5: 12:7:17 G Rank #17 R17: 14:3:6 G Rank #6 P Rank #9

[1up] Peon
rshih is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2004, 18:01   #152
RealJames
Retired at the top

RealJames is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
You don't expect people to believe that do you? Mistu were hardly built from the ground up this round. You already had many bonds already forged and a core membership. When Eclipse disbanded, that helped you even more.

Also, I think you misunderstand my point really. I know very well that you and adastra have put effort into Mistu, but is hardly a great achievement considering the easy ride you've had.
I'd never take away any credit from the NFU war because the enemy were so bad.

"That's what the internet's for - slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards, J&SBSB
RealJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2004, 18:56   #153
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
It was built from the ground-up actually Zhil. You weren't around at the beginning of the round, so don't presume to claim you know what happened. The people in mistu private channels when it started were those who knew each other in real life. We took in players from all areas. It wasn't a case of going "now Fury is disbanded, fancy coming to Eclipse where all your friends will be?".

In a round where the number of new players is minimal, and most others are settled nicely into their own alliances, a new alliance is difficult to forge. Phraktos took mainly ex-Dragons, but MISTU had no core to draw from. Eclipse only disbanded a week or two before this round started.
Come on mate. Now you're just being silly. I have nothing against Mistu and am completely indifferent towards them but let's not pretend that a siginificant chunk of Eclipse didn't go that way when Mistu split away and even more went over when Eclipse disbanded. I have no problem with it but let's not be saying things that blatently aren't true, eh?

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2004, 19:00   #154
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames
When was this decided and why wasn't I notified?
Whether it's public knowledge or not we all know that this is even more of a foregone conclusion than tomorrow being Monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realjames
There was a gentleman's agreement of mutual avoidance. When WP were party to an (unsuccessful) many-wave attack on ada's and my own galaxy MISTU took this as WP wishing to no longer honour the agreement. Personally I have many friendship ties with WP, but you can't mix business with pleasure.
You sure it was WP? I'm not saying it didn't happen but I haven't seen a single attack on your gal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by realjames
You know how hard it is to get a new alliance off the ground Zhil. Unlike Eclipse, MISTU did not inherit any sort of memberbase. Our struggle may not have been a military one, but to say we didn't put in effort I find disappointing.
You didn't inherit a member base but you sure took one with you, or at least a significant start to one. Like I said in a previous thread, I got no problem with this apart from the innacuracy of statements like this. You know a decent chunk of the Eclipse memberbase went with you.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
Unread 9 May 2004, 19:44   #155
adastra
Nothing but me

adastra is on a distinguished road

Actually, to start with our memberbase was god awful. Those there at the start can recall the days where we had 11 people on our server and 20 members total. We worked extremely hard to build up a memberbase, and did our best to not poach from any single alliance. We wanted a fresh memberbase, not to inherit someone else's. When Eclipse folded, we had maybe 5 or so people who joined us, only because Eclipse was no longer around and they needed somewhere to go, and they knew the HC so they chose us. Indeed, you'll find that many former Eclipse members went elsewhere; several of you went to Wolfpack for instance, several more I know of went to Phraktos. Anyone can look around MISTU at this point and see that it is by far not an Eclipse core. Furthermore, it could have been more difficult in some ways, but we had our own battles to deal with. Trying to convince the members we were worth it, handling relations between Phrak/FAnG, doing the tech from the ground up, dealing with a low number of officers. And there were, actually, quite a few rough nights in there, as my jealous teddy bear can attest to.

As for incoming on our gal, we did have it, and it was WP. I have no idea how deliberate this was, nor do I care. There is also a difference between a NAP and an ally. It's one thing for either side of a NAP to break, which is a lesser agreement, or to my understanding through all rounds is usually never meant to be permanent, and breaking up an alliance with people you deliberately shared galaxies from the start of the round with.

Nor was I whining about Phraktos, I said that it bothered me that it happened the way that it did.

I'd best stop posting or I risk my post count going into double-digits before too long.. Eeek!
adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2004, 19:44   #156
RealJames
Retired at the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
Whether it's public knowledge or not we all know that this is even more of a foregone conclusion than tomorrow being Monday.
Tomorrow is a second Sunday for me, I don't work Mondays.
Quote:
You sure it was WP? I'm not saying it didn't happen but I haven't seen a single attack on your gal.
It was the universe and their mother, there were WP planets amongst the attackers. Either they were organised or they were sheep, but I know as much as you do here.
Quote:
You didn't inherit a member base but you sure took one with you, or at least a significant start to one. Like I said in a previous thread, I got no problem with this apart from the innacuracy of statements like this. You know a decent chunk of the Eclipse memberbase went with you.
I totally disagree. There was a strong anti-MISTU sentiment in Eclipse, I think before Eclipse folded ~10-15% of Eclipse members had left for MISTU.

"That's what the internet's for - slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards, J&SBSB
Unread 9 May 2004, 23:15   #157
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Tomorrow is a second Sunday for me, I don't work Mondays.
git

Quote:
It was the universe and their mother, there were WP planets amongst the attackers. Either they were organised or they were sheep, but I know as much as you do here.
Musta been sheep - it's certainly not someting I noticed. An in truth I don't think hitting an MPF HC gal would be a stretegy the WP HC would subscribe to.

Quote:
I totally disagree. There was a strong anti-MISTU sentiment in Eclipse, I think before Eclipse folded ~10-15% of Eclipse members had left for MISTU.
Then we havea different opinion of what makes a memberbase. To me taking 15% of an alliances players (plus the hc/officers you started with) is a good start to a quality memberbase. And in terms of the anti-mistu sentiment I'm sure someone filled you in on my post on the Eclipse forums as to my feeling towards the people that joined Mistu post-disbandment and the huge amount of evident hypocrisy coming from thier direction having heard the glowing terms in which they spoke about Mistu

Quote:
Unread 9 May 2004, 23:26   #158
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
MISTU was a group of players playing in either a private galaxy or a battle group on the Fury/Eclipse side since R4.

At the end of R10 adastra, Fork and myself decided to leave Eclipse and run MISTU as an alliance in its own right.
So how do you claim you are from the 'ground up' then?
Unread 9 May 2004, 23:28   #159
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by adastra
Actually, to start with our memberbase was god awful. Those there at the start can recall the days where we had 11 people on our server and 20 members total. We worked extremely hard to build up a memberbase, and did our best to not poach from any single alliance.
I wonder why I distinctly remember private messages from members and other command warning me of attempted poaching by Mistu then. It must either be my memory and that of other Eclipse or the fact that is 'bullshit'

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2004, 23:31   #160
Cayl

Cayl has a spectacular aura aboutCayl has a spectacular aura about

You can't take away from Fang and Mistu becaus they didn't have quality opponents. They showed up to play, its not their fault that nobody else did. If this bothers you so much, put together an alliance and show them how its done.

I especially find this amusing from certain high ranking ex-Fury members who know that we had it easy during some rounds ourselves (but we got the chance to prove ourselves later on). Mistu hasn't had that chance....

--Cayl
--Fury Executive
Cayl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2004, 23:38   #161
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayl
You can't take away from Fang and Mistu becaus they didn't have quality opponents. They showed up to play, its not their fault that nobody else did.
--Cayl
--Fury Executive
I wholeheartedly agree. No-one is stupid enough to think that Mistu don't have a very high quality of player, but the structure of the alliance a a whole needs testing as, I'm fairly sure, the standard of player in Phraktos was fairly high and that worked out about as well as the millenium dome.

Quote:
If this bothers you so much, put together an alliance and show them how its done.
Gah, I might just do this.

I shall call it Eclipse2 fs and together we will rule the world!!!!111oneone

Quote:
Unread 9 May 2004, 23:40   #162
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
You can't take away from Fang and Mistu becaus they didn't have quality opponents. They showed up to play, its not their fault that nobody else did. If this bothers you so much, put together an alliance and show them how its done.

I especially find this amusing from certain high ranking ex-Fury members who know that we had it easy during some rounds ourselves (but we got the chance to prove ourselves later on). Mistu hasn't had that chance....

--Cayl
--Fury Executive
Not really, Fury proved itself in r2 alongside Legion. r3 was large, yet STEL didnt seem to pose much of a threat in the end. r4 beyond had the Fury-Xanadu wars. R9 had three wars in. R10 had a long lasting war.

I see differences still between this round and any other. I do agree that Mistu has not proven themselves yet though.

PS: I'm not taking away their win.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2004, 23:41   #163
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

r3,5,7 seemed pretty straightforward for fury. Maybe r2 if you consider that Tuba and WaC were the opponents.

r6 is prob Fury's best round performance wise from my side of the fence. The advantage we have with older alliances is that we know what they are capable of when they are really under the cosh, but we're still more than willing to look at todays alliances, compare and guess (although prob quite rightly) that those alliances around today would prob get mullered.

The point that digs about FAnG and MISTU most is not that their opposition was garbage but that they've chosen to sit on their arse rather than do something positive and try to aim for a solo win.
Unread 10 May 2004, 02:48   #164
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

this blows, i got my computer pretty much ****ed up this weekend and left it on friday night and went fishing instead, and ofc when i come back i find stagnation gone, with no being able to involve my fleet Tho i did find 10 mill of each res

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 10:14   #165
RealJames
Retired at the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
So how do you claim you are from the 'ground up' then?
In R10 the MISTU BG had ~8 active members, and four of those are now MISTU HCs.

Unread 10 May 2004, 10:15   #166
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

/me smiles

How many phraktos members have left alliance in game anyway?
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 10:35   #167
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Dark-Strider is on a distinguished road

Well lets hope next round is better.
Unread 10 May 2004, 10:36   #168
Waku
a simple pe0n

Waku has a little shameless behaviour in the past

40 dropping every tick

#newdawn

Don't Trust Anyone

Proud to have served with the guys of 2:10 in PaX

We are the Elysium Support Center
Waku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2004, 11:09   #169
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waku
40 dropping every tick
hero's to zero' in 24 hours

LOL

sorry - i do feel sorry for the phraktos members though - left up shit creek without a paddle by a arrogant hc.

I wonder if they will still be here next round :~)
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote