User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 23 Nov 2002, 00:23   #1
Steve_G

Steve_G is an unknown quantity at this point
dont you hate gamer pussies

(Counterstrike)

i challenge a guy in a clan to a 1 on 1, he accepts, its his server with mostly his clan on it, he refuses to let us 1 on 1 there, his clan starts talking ****, so i challenge them all to a 1 on 1 one at a time, they accept, then kick me (i was like 15-3 and they all had negative scores)

god, if its not 1 thing its another

i doubt if they remembered but they practically begged me to join them like 6 months ago too
Unread 23 Nov 2002, 00:33   #2
Lord Boredom

I'd agree.
but I'm on a 28.8k connection...so no
when I get back on broadbang maybe..g
Unread 23 Nov 2002, 15:26   #3
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
I don't understand those gaming people who completely mess up their colloring/gamma and FOV to play a game.... I mean, when I play a game I play it for the pretty scenes and occasionally whacking ones butt, not for a green night-goggle screen while having a panorama 180degrees FOV....
Unread 23 Nov 2002, 15:56   #4
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Structural Integrity
I don't understand those gaming people who completely mess up their colloring/gamma and FOV to play a game.... I mean, when I play a game I play it for the pretty scenes and occasionally whacking ones butt, not for a green night-goggle screen while having a panorama 180degrees FOV....
heh.. actually the gamma thing has always been a pet hate of mine also. "Oh **** dude! that one corner of the room over there with no lighting is too dark, something might attack me unaware.. turn up the fricking gamma quick!!!"

it makes me wonder how many sad *******s will decide to kill the atmosphere when Doom III comes out by ramping up their gamma to see the monsters/players better

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 23 Nov 2002, 16:39   #5
Lord Boredom

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Boredom
I'd agree.
but I'm on a 28.8k connection...so no
when I get back on broadbang maybe..g
wow. What the hell is that post doing there?
Wrong thread methinks.
Unread 23 Nov 2002, 16:44   #6
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
FOV 90 is almost unplayable once you get used to something wider. It feels really really slow, and you cant say people standing off to your sides.

Good graphics are for single player games. Ive never really cared about graphics in games where youre actually competiting - they make no difference whatsoever.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2002, 16:56   #7

It's very annoying in AA when half your team are campers on assault and after you've died trying to...ASSAULT (gasp) then just stand in front of the door you went through waiting for the other guy to go through first.
Unread 23 Nov 2002, 17:17   #8
menth0l
dim like a fox

menth0l is on a distinguished road
(QW)
no way i could play with a fov under 120.

it's like looking through a tube fs, can't see ****.

the gamma bit i agree with. it's right up there with scripts on my "lame tuff that's not cheating but ****ing annoying" list.
---------------
ph33r TPE plz. thxbye.
menth0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2002, 17:32   #9
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Pfft. Theres nothing wrong with playing about with gamma, and changing the colour of player skins/models to be a bit more 'noticeable' than normal. As if every Q3 player doesnt use force_model tank_jr or whatever it is.

Just as long as you arent having 100 foot spikes coming out the ends of rockets/players or what have you.
Unread 23 Nov 2002, 17:42   #10
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Basically I think it's sad that people have to tweak games to do well. It reminds me of old console PvP games where you could assign a handicap to one of the players to compensate for skill of the other, heh.

Having to fk around with FoV, Gamma and models only shows you lack the skill to play the game as it was originally created.
Unread 23 Nov 2002, 17:51   #11
Nodrog

Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
Basically I think it's sad that people have to tweak games to do well.

Having to fk around with FoV, Gamma and models only shows you lack the skill to play the game as it was originally created.
Play football wearing trainers, do you?
Unread 23 Nov 2002, 17:54   #12
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
Play football wearing trainers, do you?
Hm?
Unread 23 Nov 2002, 18:04   #13
Nodrog

Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
Hm?
Changing your settings in a game like quake to give yourself an advantage (while staying within the rules of the game), is no more 'lame' than wearing a pair of good football boots while playing soccer to boost your performance.
Unread 23 Nov 2002, 18:10   #14
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Changing your settings in a game like quake to give yourself an advantage (while staying within the rules of the game), is no more 'lame' than wearing a pair of good football boots while playing soccer to boost your performance.
Football shoes don't magically increase your performance or footballing skill.

They keep you from falling over.
Unread 23 Nov 2002, 18:20   #15
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Originally posted by Flavius
They help u notice the enemies camping at the dark corners.
It helps you see things you would normally not see.
Unread 23 Nov 2002, 18:28   #16
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
(while staying within the rules of the game)
within rules of the game, like a room with little or no lighting should be dark and difficult to see in perhaps? otherwise, why have lighting at all, we could just go back to the days of allbright rooms \o/

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 23 Nov 2002, 18:49   #17
raffe
pw04r!

raffe has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
0wning a game gives greater satisfaction in the end imho, and those gamma/enemycolor/fov/...-settings help @ that. Beauty of a game is nice for single player, but for me personally it's very low priority in actual mutiplayer games.
raffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2002, 18:58   #18
Cocaine

Games arent about how skillfull you are or winning. They are about fun. After years of trying, that how i play. If i win i win, if i lose i lose, i frankly dont give a crap which.
Unread 23 Nov 2002, 22:36   #19
Steve_G

ive always been a fan of high gamma, just because i HAVE to see everything, not just in games, but everywhere, tho i will admit i turn up my monitor brightness when i play CS, theres still dark corners, but i can see in them a bit better
Unread 23 Nov 2002, 22:40   #20
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
The worst gamers are those that say "you only beat me because you have a good ping". These people should die.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2002, 22:57   #21
Steve_G

Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
The worst gamers are those that say "you only beat me because you have a good ping". These people should die.
depends on the ping difference tho
if you were an actual gamer you would know that the smallest thing can cause the difference between winning an losing, my friend is one of the best q1 players out there

but if hes not at home sitting at his desk and chair that hes used to, hes only above average
Unread 23 Nov 2002, 23:18   #22
Steve_G

was just 10-0 and i got kicked because i must be hacking

thats another reason why CS is so gay, any lamer noob can and will kick you just because your better then them
Unread 23 Nov 2002, 23:46   #23
dex-dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve_G
was just 10-0 and i got kicked because i must be hacking

thats another reason why CS is so gay, any lamer noob can and will kick you just because your better then them
play q3 then, its much more skilled as the gameplay is about 6 times the speed.
Unread 23 Nov 2002, 23:53   #24
Steve_G

nah i still wouldnt trade in my CS for quake, i just dont like the quake gameplay or engine or weapons
Unread 24 Nov 2002, 00:03   #25
dex-dragon

also, having diff gamma/detail settings in FPS games can affect your gameplay; for instance, in q3 the higher fps you have the better jumps you can get from the game. so 90% of the players play with lowest possible settings, this isnt considered lame in any way.

example here with the low detail settings (which i use) the enemy player stands out more (enemy model and colour and present in both to show the difference, the colour and model were forced) and the fps is alot higher.
Unread 24 Nov 2002, 00:35   #26
Taratang
Superluminal Mod(retired)

Taratang is just really niceTaratang is just really niceTaratang is just really niceTaratang is just really nice
Haha, you play counterstrike.
Taratang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Nov 2002, 04:42   #27

Quote:
Originally posted by TheMightyGoat#7

This type of thing goes on in Alcoholics Anonymous?
Yes, all the time.

Another thing that pisses me off is people who constantly say "I'M GETTING 160 FPS WITH MY 1337 GEFORCE 20 NYAH NYAH!!!" etc
Unread 24 Nov 2002, 19:11   #28
Raging.Retard
Street Tramp

Raging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant future
As you increase the FoV you increase the fish eye effect, which gives me a headache. I like geometry to transform properly, not gold fish style.
Unread 24 Nov 2002, 19:22   #29
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Cocaine
Games arent about how skillfull you are or winning. They are about fun. After years of trying, that how i play. If i win i win, if i lose i lose, i frankly dont give a crap which.
yeh, indeed...

and even when you lot use all your l337 FOV/gamma settings, I'll still own you at battlefield1942, no matter the ping I have.
In games like UT I'm average-ish even without any fancy FOV's or gamma's.... BEAT THAT!!!!
\/