User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 18 Nov 2006, 01:14   #1
Lord Vetinari

New XP Idea

I have an idea, and i'm sorry if this has already been sergested, if we want defending and attacking to be even, then xp must be equal, now how do we do this?

At the moment we get XP for each roid you take, how about you get XP for each roid you protect?

The cap is 25%, and i'm no coder so i don't know how well this would work, but if before the battle the cap that is theoretically possible be it 3, 5, 10 or 25% for that battle (for all combined attack fleets) is worked out, then for each roid you save you get xp for that.

Now i have two ideas for this, a set xp say 2 or 3xp points per roid saved, or like in attack, you can work out the xp due to attack value (for the tick) agenst the defense fleet value so if 2 or 3 little defenders work together or smartly, they get more xp. This will also stop people being too worried about loosing there fleet in defense as you get more than just salvage but a rise in xp and therefor score.

I'm sorry if someone has already put forward this idea, i don't often read or write on the forums.

So feel free to slate, or agree to this at will, as i know you will anyways.
Unread 18 Nov 2006, 01:41   #2
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: New XP Idea

Could potentionally be exploited (farmed) by having people attack you with ships you know you can stop.
Unread 18 Nov 2006, 06:13   #3
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

If you give XP for defence based on defending fleetscore, that doesnt promote efficient defending, it promotes inefficient defending as you are rewarding more fleetscore to protect the same amount of roids.

Plus, Nadar's concerns are quite important.

btw, in future, you might consider posting suggestions on the Suggestions forum.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2006, 16:08   #4
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

nah higher xp for def would actually get the selfish bastards left playing to actually build an ok deffleet and send now and then, oh nadar we got mh's for that stuff
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2006, 16:14   #5
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

It shouldn't be hard to code an efficient XP for defense solution the way that Lord Vetinari suggested it.

Basically:

1) See how many roids can be capped (already being done to get the 25% max cap limit or what it is)
2) See how many roids actually get stolen (already being done as well)
3) If capable roids > stolen roids then we can hand out XP per roid saved. The XP formulae could be the same as for attacking, just calculate the average score / value for attackers and defenders you're done.
Unread 19 Nov 2006, 01:19   #6
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

That is actually a quite brilliant idea, Heartless. I Like.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2006, 04:33   #7
Raging.Retard
Street Tramp

Raging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
It shouldn't be hard to code an efficient XP for defense solution the way that Lord Vetinari suggested it.

Basically:

1) See how many roids can be capped (already being done to get the 25% max cap limit or what it is)
2) See how many roids actually get stolen (already being done as well)
3) If capable roids > stolen roids then we can hand out XP per roid saved. The XP formulae could be the same as for attacking, just calculate the average score / value for attackers and defenders you're done.
And if you play Cath ... you just get your "friend" to pod you everynight, whilst keeping enough EMP home to stop the pods. Yay free XP, and no loss. You could do the same in return. XP farm to the max, with no roids or ships ever being lost!
Unread 19 Nov 2006, 04:53   #8
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging.Retard
And if you play Cath ... you just get your "friend" to pod you everynight, whilst keeping enough EMP home to stop the pods. Yay free XP, and no loss. You could do the same in return. XP farm to the max, with no roids or ships ever being lost!
farming is against the eula so i think its not gonna be that common
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2006, 06:41   #9
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Quote:
But how do you keep your zik gal mates from stealing your friends ships? It's exploitable but its also a bad idea if you want to keep your friends.

I don't know if this is the answer but xp for def could be more than a flat 100 for defending.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2006, 11:02   #10
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Cool. If my friend is a lot smaller than me than I aint gaining xp anyway.

Apart from that I am still the opinion that farming should be allowed again.
Unread 19 Nov 2006, 19:09   #11
Raging.Retard
Street Tramp

Raging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
But how do you keep your zik gal mates from stealing your friends ships?
You do the same thing as if you were a zik, and don't want your xan gal mate nuking your incoming attackers before you steal them....

i.e. send them a mail, or tell them on irc not to defend.