User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 17 Mar 2005, 09:39   #51
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: WoW - your experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
I have to say, losing aggression..When I had a long day at work I don't feel much playing wow due to the fact you have to travel around like ages, quests oftenly requires a lot of traveling, it's just not an action game. You can always pvp ofcourse though.

I signed up at the local gym some week ago, works much better to lose your collected 9 till 5 agression
I hit like a girl
Unread 17 Mar 2005, 09:41   #52
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Me too, I've got the strength of a girl and the condition of a grannie, that's why I go to the gym besides releasing some agression.
Unread 17 Mar 2005, 09:59   #53
Kree

Kree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of light

thx for the comments so far, would have loved to hear some stories aswell though - like what happened in pvp, playing with your friends, cool moments etc.

btw the ppl posting without playing it ...and giving not more info than that - bored ?
Unread 17 Mar 2005, 10:00   #54
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kree
thx for the comments so far, would have loved to hear some stories aswell though - like what happened in pvp, playing with your friends, cool moments etc.

btw the ppl posting without playing it ...and giving not more info than that - bored ?
Yes...

Boss from home, programmer on table, bla bla etc etc, you know the drill.
Unread 17 Mar 2005, 18:38   #55
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
cut
There is no way in hell you could grind through TK in a day. Some of the others, perhaps with the use of macro's you could yes, but TK in a day is rediculous.

As for the Krayt hunting, I wish that were true - many a time have I been speeding around unbuffed and come a cropper to one of them beasts.

I was eaten by a rancor yesteday as well. The top creatures are there, and they are spawning more regularly than they used to.

The JTL expansion done alot for the game, and the new publishes have added much - especially with the GCW kicking off and TEF's have been revised.

It's worth playing (in my personal opinion)
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2005, 19:05   #56
Raging.Retard
Street Tramp

Raging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant future

Im still hapilly playing DAoC.

I'm pretty sure I would like WoW, it seems very simillar as far as general game concept, and the proposed battle grounds system is similar. I just don't feel like re-rolling chars when im happy playing DAoC still.
Unread 18 Mar 2005, 13:26   #57
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddy
There is no way in hell you could grind through TK in a day. Some of the others, perhaps with the use of macro's you could yes, but TK in a day is rediculous.

As for the Krayt hunting, I wish that were true - many a time have I been speeding around unbuffed and come a cropper to one of them beasts.

I was eaten by a rancor yesteday as well. The top creatures are there, and they are spawning more regularly than they used to.

The JTL expansion done alot for the game, and the new publishes have added much - especially with the GCW kicking off and TEF's have been revised.

It's worth playing (in my personal opinion)
I'll not get into a cockswinging contest, but it is piss easy to do anything in a day, if you know what you are doing and have the equipment. Sod macros, they're not needed. Good set of Kinetic composite, novice med if you have the free SP's, one nice pair of speedsliced VK's for the unarmed brawler tree, and one pair of damage sliced VK's for when you've got Master Power Techniques. Crazed Gurreck lairs on Endor for the exp, helps having an AT-ST teamed or a large group so you can pull the lairs with the massive spawns (5 spawns a time, 2 spawns after the initial kill, 3.65k exp a gurreck, non social) and watch the exp fly in.

As for the Krayt spawn, that is somewhat dictated by server, and whether some mind numbed cockbrain has put a player city in krayt canyon thus dicking the spawn to high heaven, just out of interest, what server are you on?

Rancors are not a top mob, they're just one of Dathomirs trash mobs. If you want a challenge on Dath, go play with the singing mountain clan, or Axkva Min and her Nightsisters, thats a real fight.

I beta tested JTL, and it was bad, very very bad. I've been told that it has improved a great deal over the beta, but I'm just not tempted to part with 30 quid for a game which I really didnt like.

Have they put in a patch to fix ****ing combat medics yet? That is a wankers profession if ever I saw one.
Unread 18 Mar 2005, 13:47   #58
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddy
The main thing that people have a problem with is the fact that the stuff in JTL and the forthcoming expansion were supposed to be in the game originally, and instead the then-support crew added things that weren't necessary whilst ignoring some vital balance changes. I hear the new support crew is doing much better, but a concensus amongst most people I've talked to has been to wait to see what happens, rather than continue to pay monthly for something that amounts to little more than a beta.

Other complaints include the lack of unique content (hey, this mission to go recover the black box of a downed X-Wing has exactly the same marker as the mission to do, well, anything else, with nary an X-Wing in sight) and the ease people can become the top ranked classes (this especially annoyed the people who played the game initially, as all their work meant diddly squat).

Of course, there are upsides; the entirely player-run economy is a great idea (in theory), for example.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2005, 13:52   #59
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrasyn
Now that is really the first interesting thing I have read here all morning
From what I've heard, it's a hideously unbalanced and unfinished game being rushed out the door for a quick buck. There were some interesting beta-close shenanigans, but that's pretty much staple for all MMO Betas nowadays (except SWG: Disconnect players, give them a message of "The death star has destroyed your planet lololol give us money"), and an experience which will not be replicated in the game proper.
Unread 18 Mar 2005, 14:19   #60
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
From what I've heard, it's a hideously unbalanced and unfinished game being rushed out the door for a quick buck. There were some interesting beta-close shenanigans, but that's pretty much staple for all MMO Betas nowadays (except SWG: Disconnect players, give them a message of "The death star has destroyed your planet lololol give us money"), and an experience which will not be replicated in the game proper.
I wouldn't call 3 years of development & a year of beta testing rushed at all. Especially since it's original release date was supposed to be mid last year.

Nothing I've seen from previews either seem to agree with what you are saying.
Unread 18 Mar 2005, 14:26   #61
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
Nothing I've seen from previews either seem to agree with what you are saying.
I'm basing what I'm saying from comments of goons who played the Beta/Stress Test. It's pretty unanimous that the game needs a lot of work.

"Previews" are generally little more than marketing tools.
Unread 18 Mar 2005, 14:42   #62
Xaphania

Xaphania is an unknown quantity at this point

This is prolly a massive faux pas being that I'm posting on Erin's account here but I just had to throw a few useful digs at Rids here.

VtS on WoW atm are a long running joke... their own faction picks on them on the forums even. They are notorious for bringing twice the needed amount of players for any content outside of MC/Onyx, MC is notoriously easy, guilds on my faction are farming 11-12 epics a day from it...

Why just the other day, I put together a 15 person horde raid that steamrollered VtS's 20 person raid on kargarth for a good hour and a bit... we didn't even have any lvl 60 priests (we had a lvl 53 and a lvl 49) they possessed 3 lvl 60 priests, in fact I could swear they were all lvl 60. Yet they got steamrollered repeatedly on mass res after mass res.

VtS have got the bad joke of being the guild on my server that refuses to fight unless they have a 2:1 ratio, in fact when they finally fleed like cowards the retreated a good 5-10 minute ride away to an area where they reinforced their numbers to 30, at which point we weren't going to give them the satisfaction of revenge, given we had been killing them pretty much from 7:40 am till 10:20 am EST.

As it stands most of the alliance are asking why they take 20-30 people to do 10-15 man raids etc... VtS seem to lack a LOT in the skill department, and a lot of their town raids merely succeed on the fact most of them are on-line while most of america is at work :P

That said rids wasn't in attendance so he couldn't exactly defend VtS there, but let's just say there are no roids to gain from farming tarren mill guys!

Mass launch before the tick seems to be strong with this guild!

But yah the alliance on my server, even though they outnumber us by at least 3000 players, are so notoriously poor and lack a strong leading guild that many of the skilled lvl 60's alliance players are actually going as far as to reroll as horde on my server and bagging a spot with a guild that can play (and isn't shit scared of the current raid content).

Anyway as for how good WoW is... it's seriously wonderful, it's release was way too early, but we can blame Vivendi and in some parts the tech boom for that (as it allowed them to accquire blizzard with silly money they didn't really have and then farm them for all their worth when the market crashed to bouy their company), if it had been given the time it needed, the first impressions this game would be giving would be a tonne better.

They haven't had time to put in a proper pvp reward system yet, but that is coming in two forms, and I feel would be like playing a whole new game when they are fully implemented.

As for reaching 60 and having little/nothing to do, you could always play the content that was available at 60 as was intended, instead of exploiting content that wasn't to be raided in a raid(or in the same numbers)... the player caps on dungeons that are coming next patch were needed at release I'm afraid... this would have saved a lot of the moaning we are experiencing now from the 'power gamers' who just had to cheap all the content they could in whichever way they could.

Those Criticisms aside, starting up now on WoW is going to be a much better experience imo than those who started back in november.

p.s. Roll Horde if you wanna pvp with adult teammates rather than children and the children that never grew up, and yes I know it sounds hypocritical coming from me, but perhaps I took my own advice?

Last edited by Xaphania; 18 Mar 2005 at 14:49.
Xaphania is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2005, 15:06   #63
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm basing what I'm saying from comments of goons who played the Beta/Stress Test. It's pretty unanimous that the game needs a lot of work.

"Previews" are generally little more than marketing tools.

I wont disagree that previews are not necessarily representative of the game. However, comments I've seen say it's quite good, and as far as my own experience goes, I've been involved as far as one can without actually playing the beta (even to the point as I said in an earlier thread of being accepted into the beta), and none of what I've seen looks bad.

I'm open that it could well turn into a dud, but until the full commercial game is out and all the servers are up & running properly I'm not going to pass judgement on it. At worse, it couldn't be more dire than SWG or WoW.
Unread 18 Mar 2005, 15:32   #64
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

I haven't played WoW yet, but it seems rather harsh to put it into the same box as SWG.
Unread 18 Mar 2005, 16:23   #65
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Yeah well at least their marketing clowns don't spam this forum.

*COUGH COUGH*
Unread 18 Mar 2005, 16:26   #66
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: WoW - your experiences

Quote:
Yeah well at least their marketing clownshoes don't spam this forum.

*COUGH COUGH*
Fixed.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2005, 16:29   #67
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Yeah well at least their marketing clowns don't spam this forum.

*COUGH COUGH*
Who exactly are you talking about here?
Unread 18 Mar 2005, 17:28   #68
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of

Lol @ Mm
Unread 18 Mar 2005, 17:47   #69
Xaphania

Heard Matrix on-line really isn't anything but novel filler during downtimes of other mmo's, given their beta client was leaked onto tonnes of torrents almost instantly, everyone has been picking and playing at the game a bit in their spare time already, sounds like it has as much absorption potential as games like sims 2 etc.

At least from listening to the people on the vent servers I hang on.

I certainly would not believe the hype behind it, games like WoW itself actually sold on community feedback from the people who had played the beta, from what people who are playing the MxO beta are telling me, it's hardly making me even want to entertain pissing around on it for free.
Unread 18 Mar 2005, 19:28   #70
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

****.... I just drove into town to get me copy of WoW... they're all sold out and won't get any new till half April. They claim it's got something to do with limited editions and server load and stuff but I don't care and just want to play that game.

I'll just go play HL2 Deathmatch again I guess...

BTW... I went over 5000 posts... hurray...
Or not...

5000 posts on an internet forum... gosh that's sad.
Unread 18 Mar 2005, 22:04   #71
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

sp@m0r
Unread 18 Mar 2005, 22:13   #72
djbass
mmm.. pills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaphania
Heard Matrix on-line really isn't anything but novel filler during downtimes of other mmo's, given their beta client was leaked onto tonnes of torrents almost instantly, everyone has been picking and playing at the game a bit in their spare time already, sounds like it has as much absorption potential as games like sims 2 etc.

At least from listening to the people on the vent servers I hang on.

I certainly would not believe the hype behind it, games like WoW itself actually sold on community feedback from the people who had played the beta, from what people who are playing the MxO beta are telling me, it's hardly making me even want to entertain pissing around on it for free.
I couldn't see how that would be possible, even if the beta were available on torrent, they wouldn't have a valid account to play it with.
Unread 18 Mar 2005, 22:50   #73
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
This is prolly a massive faux pas being that I'm posting on Erin's account here but I just had to throw a few useful digs at Rids here.

VtS on WoW atm are a long running joke... their own faction picks on them on the forums even. They are notorious for bringing twice the needed amount of players for any content outside of MC/Onyx, MC is notoriously easy, guilds on my faction are farming 11-12 epics a day from it...

Why just the other day, I put together a 15 person horde raid that steamrollered VtS's 20 person raid on kargarth for a good hour and a bit... we didn't even have any lvl 60 priests (we had a lvl 53 and a lvl 49) they possessed 3 lvl 60 priests, in fact I could swear they were all lvl 60. Yet they got steamrollered repeatedly on mass res after mass res.

VtS have got the bad joke of being the guild on my server that refuses to fight unless they have a 2:1 ratio, in fact when they finally fleed like cowards the retreated a good 5-10 minute ride away to an area where they reinforced their numbers to 30, at which point we weren't going to give them the satisfaction of revenge, given we had been killing them pretty much from 7:40 am till 10:20 am EST.

As it stands most of the alliance are asking why they take 20-30 people to do 10-15 man raids etc... VtS seem to lack a LOT in the skill department, and a lot of their town raids merely succeed on the fact most of them are on-line while most of america is at work :P

That said rids wasn't in attendance so he couldn't exactly defend VtS there, but let's just say there are no roids to gain from farming tarren mill guys!

Mass launch before the tick seems to be strong with this guild!

But yah the alliance on my server, even though they outnumber us by at least 3000 players, are so notoriously poor and lack a strong leading guild that many of the skilled lvl 60's alliance players are actually going as far as to reroll as horde on my server and bagging a spot with a guild that can play (and isn't shit scared of the current raid content).

Anyway as for how good WoW is... it's seriously wonderful, it's release was way too early, but we can blame Vivendi and in some parts the tech boom for that (as it allowed them to accquire blizzard with silly money they didn't really have and then farm them for all their worth when the market crashed to bouy their company), if it had been given the time it needed, the first impressions this game would be giving would be a tonne better.

They haven't had time to put in a proper pvp reward system yet, but that is coming in two forms, and I feel would be like playing a whole new game when they are fully implemented.

As for reaching 60 and having little/nothing to do, you could always play the content that was available at 60 as was intended, instead of exploiting content that wasn't to be raided in a raid(or in the same numbers)... the player caps on dungeons that are coming next patch were needed at release I'm afraid... this would have saved a lot of the moaning we are experiencing now from the 'power gamers' who just had to cheap all the content they could in whichever way they could.

Those Criticisms aside, starting up now on WoW is going to be a much better experience imo than those who started back in november.

p.s. Roll Horde if you wanna pvp with adult teammates rather than children and the children that never grew up, and yes I know it sounds hypocritical coming from me, but perhaps I took my own advice?
So quiet for so long, and then the biggest pile of bullshit the forums have seen in a long to make up for it. Some things never change.

VtS are a long running joke... Yes, because we arent by far the most powerful alliance guild on the server. Wow, people mocking their own faction on the forums, you never see that happen to Horde guilds, stop being full of shit you dire troll. MC is notoriously easy, you're on the horde side, you have the biggest cookie cutter class in the game to help you through instances. The only fight in MC where I can see the alliance having an advantage is Magmadar because of Fear Ward.

I hate to break it to you, but we steamroll other guilds about 10 times more than they steam us. We just dont need to go around acting like utter faggots on the forums everytime we accomplish something. Oooh Oooh, we killed Lucifron, lets make a post about how leet we are. Or, oohh oooh, we managed to wipe out 5 VtS members with our team of 30, VtS suck.

Your 2-1 Ratio accusations are shite, really. We're a huge guild, 140 members+, 80 or so level 60's. When it comes down to it, we ARE going to have more numbers, not because, we need them, but simply because we are the biggest guild on the server. Sorry, in future we'll tell our members they are not allowed to do anything, because, oh my god, the horde doesnt like being outnumbered. So ****ing sorry.

We take 30 people to 15 man raids, because we dont feel like excluding people. Having the extra people allows us to blitz through instances faster, and get the same amount of loot as if we had split groups. Your accusations about lack of skill are ****ing retarded, how can you, who never has teamed with a VtS member in raids, who has never seen any of play, handle aggro, heal, etc, accuse us of having no skill? What do you base your information on? You're posting here to bait me, get a clue son.

Why I rise to your obvious trolling and baiting I'm not sure. You are entitled to your opinions, of course.

Have a nice day.
Unread 19 Mar 2005, 09:22   #74
Xaphania

lol generic denial response.

You complain about there not being enough content at lvl 60 when it's obvious that you have exploited the content already by bringing 2-5 times the amount of neccessary players to do quests. (Something that you will no longer be allowed to do in the next patch as it wasn't intended for players to repeatedly do content in numbers that large for an extended period of time)

You aren't a credit to your faction, unlike other guilds that put up a fight, you engage in a battle and when you lose fairly you keep on calling reinforcements until you can win, this takes up to three hours sometimes and requires 30 people just to beat 15. While you are fully entitled to do that as a guild, given that there is no reward for pvp'ing atm, no-one is interested in ever giving your guild the satisfaction of revenge, and you've still to do anything of actual worth than raiding TM repeatedly, where you will not find the majority of the best players on the horde side.

It's like VtS players dunno how to hit anything bigger than what would look like a roid farm in planetarion and flee otherwise. The good news about WoW is that you can't agree non agression pacts with horde guilds and as such you are getting beat on a lot by everyone... and as such you are not the top dog on this server, not by a long shot, even though your guild carries 2-3 times more members than any other guild on either faction on the server, even in terms of lvl 60 players.

As for never posting about anything, you sure fool me, every second post on the mannoroth forums is usually Waywatcher trying to act cool.

The pathetic responses coming out of the VtS machine as of late are the equivalent of VtS stating in planetarion that they were never interested in featuring in the top 100 galaxies or planet lists in planetarion because they have no planets or galaxies featuring there, just so people who aren't involved in WoW can see the analogy I am very accurately drawing here.
Unread 19 Mar 2005, 10:01   #75
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Page sent!
Unread 19 Mar 2005, 14:53   #76
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

this thread is sliding towards clownshoe corner
Unread 20 Mar 2005, 01:44   #77
Rids
The Bad Guy

Quote:
lol generic denial response.

You complain about there not being enough content at lvl 60 when it's obvious that you have exploited the content already by bringing 2-5 times the amount of neccessary players to do quests. (Something that you will no longer be allowed to do in the next patch as it wasn't intended for players to repeatedly do content in numbers that large for an extended period of time)

You aren't a credit to your faction, unlike other guilds that put up a fight, you engage in a battle and when you lose fairly you keep on calling reinforcements until you can win, this takes up to three hours sometimes and requires 30 people just to beat 15. While you are fully entitled to do that as a guild, given that there is no reward for pvp'ing atm, no-one is interested in ever giving your guild the satisfaction of revenge, and you've still to do anything of actual worth than raiding TM repeatedly, where you will not find the majority of the best players on the horde side.

It's like VtS players dunno how to hit anything bigger than what would look like a roid farm in planetarion and flee otherwise. The good news about WoW is that you can't agree non agression pacts with horde guilds and as such you are getting beat on a lot by everyone... and as such you are not the top dog on this server, not by a long shot, even though your guild carries 2-3 times more members than any other guild on either faction on the server, even in terms of lvl 60 players.

As for never posting about anything, you sure fool me, every second post on the mannoroth forums is usually Waywatcher trying to act cool.

The pathetic responses coming out of the VtS machine as of late are the equivalent of VtS stating in planetarion that they were never interested in featuring in the top 100 galaxies or planet lists in planetarion because they have no planets or galaxies featuring there, just so people who aren't involved in WoW can see the analogy I am very accurately drawing here.
Generic Sunday8pm being a useless **** response.

I dont see the difference between doing the same 4 instances over and over with 15 men, or 40 men, the point still stands, there are only 4 high level instances which can be done on a regular basis, period. You have no idea about what its like to be in Legion, so dont even bother with your shit trolling. We can do Stratholme, LBRS, UBRS or Scholo in groups of any size, and often do during the day when most of our US members are not online. The new patch is not going to affect us, we have enough warriors and priests to schedule multiple raids at once, just now it means those raids are going to take longer and be more boring.

I've been in 15 man groups that decimated raid groups twice our size, we dont need the numbers, we have the skill. As for raiding TM repeatedly, what? Yes, every night we organise a 40 man raid to farm the TM guards for phats, stop being a ****. Let me here your enlightened opinons on who beats on us regularly? 12p? Bloodlust? any other overrated horde guild who needs a conquest guide to PvP? All you do is cry about numbers, maybe you're a little upset about getting your ass handed to you often?

As per usual, you're full of shit.
Unread 20 Mar 2005, 10:14   #78
Xaphania

I did, with a handful of skilled pvp'ers and a handful of nobodies who weren't even close to 60.

We steamrolled you for 2 hours...

You were also crying on the board about 12p thumping you guys again in burning steppes.

I think you may of missed it, but a group of 15 lvl 49-60 players had the better of 22 vts lvl 60's for around 2 hours, before you retreated a good 5 minute run away to boost your numbers to 30, at which point you were denied satisfaction of revenge, Ask Sike, Georg, Nosejob (lol I disarmed him just for the irony that he'd never get to swing his precious arcanite reaper once during the battle.... yes he never did live longer than 10 seconds) Rascal (who prolly started this cause I'm guessing blue is her alt and I was all over her on my alt even though she had a gank start on me lol), Cabaria, Quamie, Edwoodster... list goes on, they were totally trumped though.

Tell you what though, next time I'll even the field and I won't call upon a handful of some of the best horde pvp'ers to come show you guys how it's really done.

I'm afraid the direction the game is taking however is that your mass numbers != rewards. Your style of play is turning many alliance away to the horde side as well. It's like you are negating the 3k person advantage the alliance have on our server.

I'm all for it though tbh. I'm looking personally forward to you guys having to brnig 60-80 players for the new raid bosses, lose, and then again state that the pve content is not what you are competing for lol. I mean you do know your guild is doing that right? pvp honour and battlegrounds are a long long long way way away, and guess what.... their systems will set you up against even numbers, or punish those who operate in massive zerg like quantities.

p.s. Most of the top guilds don't even consider you worth our time, I think most of them just prefer to rate Waywatcher cause he can actually come and duel with the horde from time to time and not call in 60-70 vts everytime he loses. Anyway we'd rather spend time mocking macabre, cause the alliance already mock you enough.
Unread 20 Mar 2005, 10:19   #79
Xaphania

Quote:
Originally Posted by excellent satire of WoW customer Support to put this thread back on track which has been ninja'd from their forums
WoB: Welcome to World of Burgercraft. Would you like a PVE value meal, a PVP value meal, or an RP value meal?

Car 1: What is the difference between the PVE and PVP meals?

WoB: The PVP burger has onions. The PVE burger does not. Except sometimes. You can add onions if you want. And we sneak some onions in toward the end of the PVE burger but you don't have to eat them. You can skip that part of the burger.

Car 1: What about the RP burger?

WoB: Vegetarian.

Car 1: What do I get besides a burger?

WoB: Fries and your choice of beverage.

Car 1: I'll have a PVE meal with a diet coke.

WoB: WoB does not support diet coke but recognizes that some of our eaters prefer it. Under our end eater license agreement, you are permitted to consume diet coke as part of you meal but you must download your own diet coke from a third party source. In the future, WoB plans to make available its own low calorie, caffeinated, cola beverage that will be integrated into the WoB eating experience and help bolster WoB's reputation as the premier provider of immersive dining solutions.

Car 1: Huh?

WoB: We got no diet coke.

Car 1: What do you have?

WoB: We have coke.

Car 1: You said I had a choice of beverage.

WoB: You can choose coke or get your own diet coke.

Car 1: Do you have anything else? What about sprite?

WoB: Sprite does not conform with WoB's vision of immersive dining. Your use of sprite would be unfair to other diners as it would deprive them of the same experience you are having. Therefore, the use of sprite in conjunction with this meal is strictly prohibited by the EELA.

Car 1: THAT IS INSANE!

WoB: Shouting angers the filet o' fish.

Car 1: Fine. I'll have coke.

WoB: Please pull up to the service window

Sign: We are aware that some of you are experiecing difficulty accessing our service window. We believe we have identified the problem as a stress failure of a service window retraction rubberband. We are currently testing a new rubberband and hope to have it in place soon. Thank you for your patience.

Car 2: OMG! WoB suxx0rz teh b1g one!111!!

Car 3: Shut up, troll. WoB meals are the best! This isn't their fault.

Car 2: Shut up, fanboi. I'm cancelling my order and going to Der EQ2chnitzel.

Cars 3-99: Then leave. Shorter line for the rest of us.

Car 3: Der EQ2chnitzel meals suck. WoB meals are so much better.

Car 2: Yeah but at least you can actually eat a Der EQ2cnitzel meal. Here you just sit hungry. OMG

Cars 3-99: Are you still here?

WoB: Thank you for your patience. The replacement rubberband did not meet our expectations so we have reverted to the old rubberband which has been patched. Here is your order.

Car 1; Thanks.... uh, you forgot my french fries.

WoB: There are no french fries

Car 1: You said it came with french fries

WoB: No, we said it came with fries.

Car 1: The difference being?

WoB: French fries are made with potatoes. Fries can be made with any starchy tuber and hot oil. At WoB we are constantly developing new and exciting fries. If you refer to the EELA, you will see that potatoes are never mentioned in connection with our fries. After our fries have been thoroughly tested and meet our standards, we will release our fries to you. You're gonna love 'em.

Car 1: So when do I get my fries?

WoB: We are not prepared to commit to a time when your fries will be ready. If we were to do so and fail to deliver as promised, you might be disappointed.

Car 1: Um, I'm pretty disappointed now. Can't you just please ask the fry guys? I promise I won't get mad.

WoB: The fry guys and the fryer array are located off-site. As I said, we are not prepared to commit to a firm fry delivery time window.

Car 1: Fine, I will eat my burger and wait for my fries....

Car 1: You forgot the pickles on my burger

WoB: No, we didn't

Car 1: There are no pickles on my burger. Look for yourself.

WoB: We are aware that some customers are reporting missing condiments during periods of service window rollback cause by the recent rubberband elasticity failure. We are unable to verify the presence or absence of condiments on burgers and cannot provide replacement condiments to our users. Doing so might result in an unscrupulous customer receiving extra pickles and ruining the eating experience for everyone. Thank you for your patience.

Car 1: There is no mustard either.

Car 2: d00d!11! You just started your meal. What makes you think you have EARNED mustard? Mustard is for the 1337 eaters who have every meal here.

Cars 3-99: Are you still here? Why do you care if he gets mustard? How does it affect your meal?

Car 1: OMG. There is a $!$%roach in my burger!

WoB: We are aware that some customers are reporting disagreeable insects in their meals. It is our experience that these insects accompany our diners to WoB in their cars and are in no way the fault of WoB. We recommend that you take the following steps, in order, if you encounter one of these insects. Check for the continued presence of the insect after each step.

1. Roll up all car widows
2. Open and close are doors firmly
3. Wash your car thoroughly inside and out.
4. Turn off your stereo, headlights, and windshield wipers.
5. Change the oil
6. Check the tire tread
7. Rotate the tires
8. Get new tires
9. Get new brakes
10. Get an alignment
11. Replace the starter solinoid
12. Replace the transmission
13. Replace the engine
14. Renew your driver's license
15. Renew your registration
16. Renew your insurance
17. Replace the car

If none of these steps fixes the problem, the insect never existed and you are making it all up to get attention.

Car 1: I did everything you said. I bought a new car. The $!$%roach is still there.

WoB: We are aware of incidents in which customers insert insects into their meals in order to gain an unfair eating advantage. We do not tolerate this behavior and will confiscate any meal found to have customer inserted insects. Further, we will cite the offeding eater for trespassing and ban them from future meals at WoB.

Car 1: I didn't put the $!$%roach in the burger.

WoB: Maybe you did and maybe you didn't. But a smart person would know when to shut his gob, wouldn't he?

Car 1: Can I have my fries now?

WoB: No.
Unread 20 Mar 2005, 12:25   #80
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

its like planetarion all over again
Unread 20 Mar 2005, 12:50   #81
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

"Excellent Satire"?

Now that's humour.
Unread 20 Mar 2005, 21:45   #82
Grendel

Grendel is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
a load of bs
Frustrated?
Unread 20 Mar 2005, 22:03   #83
Rampage
over 9000

Rampage is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow , I thought the chance that a whiney horde, on mannoroth, being an (ex) pa player would be slim to none. Guess I was wrong.
You're obviously so disgruntled about us you feel the need to post shit about us where-ever you go.

To get some facts straight about the so called "ownage" of a vts group in badlands.

-It started when 2 of our members were being harassed by a level 60, quickly turning into multiple players after the single horde got waisted. Which led to both people caling in more people, etc, etc, in the end you get ww3.
-We didn't have 22 people by far, infact were eventually outnumbered which resulted into us dying, thus the camping began.

Now instead of spirithealing when being outnumbered like a good horde, or ressing/running away, we choose to stick around to try out a number of things, as in what to do when you have a large(r) group hanging at your corpse.
We had alot of fun trying out a number of tactics - how often do you have people willing, and an oponent sticking around enough to try out new things? -, yes we died alot but that wasnt a suprise at all considering:

- When you res you start at half hp/mana while a large group of horde is at your corpse fully healed and buffed up.
- Most of the time we did not have a single plate/mail user, while our oponents had numerous warriors, shamans and a fair number of rogues. Keeping in mind the previous point, a squad of cloth users goes down pretty quick, especially if outnumbered.

It just disgust me that I see people boasting about this, claiming the victory , claiming how "shit" we are.

I also see you claiming numerous things regarding our guild makeup, how our guild works, how we supposedly do raids , how we pve, how we pvp . Since when are you a Member of Legion?
Oops, right, you forgot to mention those claims don't have a base at all. Infact they are the most biased, untrue bunch of bullshit i've ever read on these boards.

-Rampage, aka Georg,
60 priest

Last edited by Rampage; 20 Mar 2005 at 22:16.
Rampage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2005, 22:27   #84
Xaphania

First, I had the pleasure of dueling Rids today in peace and quiet, tbh given some of the class mismatches in duels I'm not going to lord it, just be confident that I didn't let myself down

Hey it's Georg, the guy who turned up to make it 7 v 4 at one point when they were losing at 5 v 4(in VtS's favour). You guys could of left it there, I think Rascal musta been on the flow at the time and didn't want to let it drop, had you left the area instead of calling on reinforcements again and again and again I doubt it would of led to the massacre of VtS that is was.

So Georg, We all know the numbers that day, the ones you are pretending didn't exsist and the ones we were tallying as we all argued over people getting the killshots on you guys.

I wouldn't say you got outnumbered though, I mean I am counting the fact that we were killing all your incomming and fleers that couldn't mass res with you guys cause well you seemed a bit disorganised.

AS for the claims... A lot of them are coming from what I'd consider reputable alliance players.

Tbh I'm disappointed you posted and let me know you were georg, I was hoping that it was mainly the lackeys of your guild who let you down that day.

I'd have to admit this is the first time I've actually posted about you guys, you kinda went from good to bad quickly in my books when enough of you had zerged to 60 to start harrassing players instead of leaving people doing pve content that wasn't in your level range. Hell I piggybacked a ride back in the day onto Ancient Egg, which you brought 10 too :P (note I'm poking fun at you here, if you take this seriously you need to hit the chill pills).

Anyway perhaps in future you should allow some of your more skilled members spearhead any future raids, Sin, Ugabuga(spelling) and Waywatcher seem to know what they are doing.

Anyway, It's Sunday8pm (aka Evergreen in game) seeing as you don't seem to be aware, that you are addressing.

p.s. we had three warriors, one of which left halfway through and one shaman... I'm sorry I know the horde can really pull punches and make it seem like there are a lot more than there really is.

p.p.s. It started when 5 of your players started harrassing one player over spawns, who then got assisted by a 60.. which you in turn, turned into a lost war.

p.p.p.s. one time you only had 2 people at you when you mass ressed you still lost explain please.

p.p.p.p.s. how many of these do I need to make to list the inaccuracies in your original post that I didn't want to detract from my reply.

You were never, ever, at one point, outnumbered in that raid.... you had the numbers... if you are even considering counting a group of lvl 40's that were bystanders in the centre of kargarth, dueling amongst themselves, as our numbers, that you foolishly may of attacked, that didn't contribute, as our numbers, you are sorely mistaken.
Unread 20 Mar 2005, 22:29   #85
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Welcome to Sunday8PM, gentlemen.

[edit]

Posted this before I noticed he stated his identity.

Last edited by MrL_JaKiri; 20 Mar 2005 at 22:38.
Unread 20 Mar 2005, 22:30   #86
Xaphania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavius
guys, this is GD

not WoW forums

please behave, we're a family forum!
Why do people say 'family' like it means nice and pleasent and communicative and non hostile.

From the experiences of what most people post, what most popular media jests about etc etc, is that families are generally horrible to each other.
Unread 20 Mar 2005, 22:35   #87
Xaphania

Quote:
my parents love eachother, they love me too and we go to family events together and we live a happy joyful family experience together full of love and happiness

beat it freak!
I wouldn't describe you as typical, and what might seem loving to you, might be a step too far for others.
Unread 20 Mar 2005, 22:39   #88
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
my parents love eachother, they love me too and we go to family events together and we live a happy joyful family experience together full of love and happiness

beat it freak!

[edit: CLOSE THREAD. BAN ACCOUNT. BAN IP. DELETE USER]]
Unread 20 Mar 2005, 22:46   #89
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Bring forth the banning stick!
Unread 20 Mar 2005, 22:53   #90
Geeza
Dances With Sheep

Geeza is on a distinguished road

Quote:
VtS on WoW atm are a long running joke... their own faction picks on them on the forums even.
Apart from the WoW forums being full of mostly useless retards, the biggest whiners in the game and people on ego-trips, i'd have to call you out on this one. There are the odd thread here and there about vts, aswell as the odd post within threads..... but for the most part those posts are from Horde folks disgruntled at being killed - or wishing to make fun of VtS' because we're a "large" guild on an MMOG PvP server....it's just normal.

The most inter-racial hatred and arguing that goes on is on the horde side - there seem to be a lot of horde that don't like each other.

The people who get the MOST crap on the forums are 12p. Who are (at the very least) the most advanced PvE guild on the server, having done more content and more bosses first and before any other horde or alliance guild. So im not sure the forums are exactly the best tool to use to judge a guild by.

Not that it means much, but we've also been mentioned several times by Horde guilds as being one of the only alliance guilds they respect, aswell as the insults you see - we equally get compliments. Go figure.

I realise that many people - especially those who really really get far too involved in computer games than is healthy - get stuck in the idea that the people playing against them are somehow evil and different to them.... that for the most part "the other side" is worse and attracts all the kids and the people who suck.

Most adults however, realise this just isn't true...it's just a game, the people on both sides are fairly similar for the most part. We're all people sat here on the other side of the screen, probably with similar lives and similar problems. If you met some of the folks from game you'd probably hate and like people from both sides equally.

if you played as alliance from the start, you'd probably be making a post right now about how all the horde sucks, how they never pvp with equal numbers, how you "wtfpwned" them on xxx day with xxx numbers.

I leave you with my thoughts..... that you really need to take a deep breath and try not to get so worried about what other people do in a game. Do what we do....enjoy the game, try not to worry so much about what other people are up to and just relax. It's far more productive than trolling and whining like a girl.
Of godlike hardship tells me I must die
Like a sick eagle looking at the sky.
---
Zak
Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2005, 23:05   #91
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What the ****? This thread has worse drama than the goddamn WoW forums, and believe me, they are the largest collection of crap that prove Darwin wrong as they should have been weeded out by evolution ages ago.

No one gives a ****ing crap about whether your shitty 4-man group got omgwtfganked (BLUE PLZ!) by the evil Legion 7-man Paladin (NERF PALADINS!) Ganking Squad. So shut the **** about about who owns who harder, or go duke it out on the WoW forums.

Jeez.
Unread 20 Mar 2005, 23:20   #92
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

Get me Dreadnought then I can have a go at him about ATUK attacking Xanadu and the Fountain Alliance in EvE!!!!!!!!!

I WANNA BE COOL TOO
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2005, 23:23   #93
Xaphania

I love how they use Adults, Whine and Girl when they are talking about a game where they get het up about their reputation and self image.

Tbh the only reason I started criticising VtS is that Rids was giving a very power gamers review of a game that is focussed at a massive userbase of casual and hardcore inclusive.

A lot of the constant modifications being made to the game are because some people who take this game way too seriously, exploited the content on offer to a degree that caps and restrictions were needed so that the proper intended lifespan of the content delivered (and it's intended challenge) stays intact. A lot of the PVE content in this game also makes the difference between winning a pvp battle and not winning when it comes down to how you are armed when you are faced with equal skilled compatriots, call PvE the tiebreaker if you must in a pvp game.

Being able to control ones enviroment the best and get the most from it will condusively help the long-term efforts of your pvp plans. Coming to war equipped with artillery cannons when your opponent can only bring archers is going to be what it comes down too in most power gamer scenarios, the wow community is sufficiently massive enough that no-one seems to be getting that comfortable big fish in a small pond feeling like you could enjoy in other games.

The problem is the majority of your users still behave like they are the big fish in a small pond when they can't deliver that impact, too frequently are situations that you seem intent on winning turn out too hard except for when you dare people in tarren mill, or fight during what is low concurrency user times. I have greater respect for guilds that can push their weight around at the peak concurrency user times, when the maximum challenge can be met, VtS are however usually missing from the main battlefields. Yes timezones do seem to be playing a part, but you cannot blame them just cause you were impatient about teh european release.

While rids and yourself and perhaps a couple of others could boast of comfortably running a lot of the content as it was intended to be run at the intended levels of equipment and resources you would of had, a lot of your guild do seem to be carried, however with regards to the way the game is structured, even in mass raids, it requires a lot of focus and personal skill on the part of everyone in a raid to make it successful, if you have one or two people letting you down in a group, you swiftly notice.

Btw Leshy you have it wrong, it's Nerf Frost Shock.

p.s. You seem to be contradicting yourself, your members whine equally as much as anyone else that you complain about getting killed yadda yadda...

p.p.s. As much you state there seems to be a lot of inter racial hate amongst the horde, you'll find frequently when it comes down to it and it's raid time, everyone shuts the **** up about goading each other about accomplishing the elite of the PvE content and unites against kicking the ass swiftly of the common foe. I've not seen either of the 4 guilds shy away from assisting each other honestly in a raid situation.
Unread 20 Mar 2005, 23:30   #94
roadrunner_0
cynic

christ almighty
Unread 20 Mar 2005, 23:32   #95
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

i once more call upon thee almighty,

bring forth the banning stick!
Unread 20 Mar 2005, 23:53   #96
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

Thread over. Leshy wins.
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 00:31   #97
Geeza
Dances With Sheep

Geeza is on a distinguished road

I realise i haven't posted on these forums for a Looong time, I didn't even realise my account was still active from all those years ago heh - and im sure 99% of you are wishing it stayed that way so i'll try and make this my last post to make you guys happy so you can get back to your normal discussions. This might end up being long, because my posts usually are.
Quote:
I love how they use Adults, Whine and Girl when they are talking about a game where they get het up about their reputation and self image.
First, there is no "they". That was just me. Second... Ok, fair point - im not here to insult you or call you names, I dislike it when i see others calling people a "kid" and my comment was no better, apologies. However the point is still valid - a lot of people get stuck in the zone where they attribute negativity to people just because they chose a different side in a game, which is just really sad.
Quote:
Tbh the only reason I started criticising VtS is that Rids was giving a very power gamers review of a game that is focussed at a massive userbase of casual and hardcore inclusive.
Legion is a guild of many different people - some are hardcore casual players , some power gamers...I don't see the point of criticising an entire guild because you disliked 1 members style of review, which was based on his own experience. Legion is no longer a guild of power gamers that stays up till 4am - we're a guild of old folks with jobs and kids heh :-/
Quote:
A lot of the constant modifications being made to the game are because some people who take this game way too seriously, exploited the content on offer to a degree that caps and restrictions were needed so that the proper intended lifespan of the content delivered (and it's intended challenge) stays intact.
Bit of a low blow "exploit" is not the correct term. I know this is cliche, but if Blizzard had never intended 20,30,40 people to go into instances the option wouldn't be there. They didn't seem to foresee it happening, they didn't realise that people would take 2x the required people to an instance in order to do it quicker or they didn't realise it would turn out to be useful. It was never an exploit though. As a guild, we preferred to do 1 quick run with everyone involved than 2 slower runs. It was personal preference and it didn't leave us with a MASSIVE discrepency in our members equipment in our favour, quite possibly the opposite. Blizzard decided to change the way high end instances worked thats all. It will affect us, but not a whole lot.

Quote:
A lot of the PVE content in this game also makes the difference between winning a pvp battle and not winning when it comes down to how you are armed when you are faced with equal skilled compatriots, call PvE the tiebreaker if you must in a pvp game.
Yes it does - however if the implication here is that doing 20 man instance runs somehow leaves a guild "overpowered" in terms of equipment of members, then i heartily disagree. It's simply not true. You raid faster, but have to do more runs to make up for it.

Quote:
The problem is the majority of your users still behave like they are the big fish in a small pond when they can't deliver that impact, too frequently are situations that you seem intent on winning turn out too hard except for when you dare people in tarren mill, or fight during what is low concurrency user times. I have greater respect for guilds that can push their weight around at the peak concurrency user times, when the maximum challenge can be met, VtS are however usually missing from the main battlefields. Yes timezones do seem to be playing a part, but you cannot blame them just cause you were impatient about teh european release.
This is completely made up, conjecture and your opinion. It has no basis in reality or facts. Your understanding of legion leaves a lot to be desired - I would never claim to understand how horde guilds think, my meetings with them are so far and few between that it would be impossible. I think the actual problem here is that you want legion to behave in a certain way, and so you attribute those characteristics and Especially motives to actions that are completely un-related. It's easy to do, but impossible to prove and often turns out to be wrong. I see a horde level 60 in SM and i might complain to everyone he's camping to kill low level alliance, when he's actually there to help guild mates.

With virtually NO communication possible in-game (except for the extremely retarded leet speak which im thankful they're removing) you cannot possibly begin to conceive what legion members are thinking and their attitudes to the game. You also have to remember that with 100+ members, we will have some people that will "clash" with other players, we will have some people that will annoy others - thats just the law of averages We know we're not big fish here, and it doesn't bother us one bit - but then, we don't see any guilds as big fish to be honest. We're here to have FUN as a group of people who love to play together. We really don't care if Reformation does UBRS with 40 people or if they do it with 4. We don't care if 12p completes MC with 3 shamans and a rogue.... and we really find it hard to believe that other people get so worked up about how we decide to complete instances.

We chose a pvp server because in all honesty, MMOG content at high levels almost never keeps up with player demand - and so pvp usually ends up AS the content.

We have a large member base, we have a lot of experienced/skilled players and a lot of people new to MMOG's, those who have limited pvp skills etc. We don't mind losing a fight, we enjoy winning them. But you never (hopefully) see us posting brag threads about winning. Because it's lame.

Quote:
p.s. You seem to be contradicting yourself, your members whine equally as much as anyone else that you complain about getting killed yadda yadda...
Well, perhaps im just biased or miss those posts... but i don't see all that many threads created by legion members where we either complain about being killed or brag about killing someone or something.
Quote:
p.p.s. As much you state there seems to be a lot of inter racial hate amongst the horde, you'll find frequently when it comes down to it and it's raid time, everyone shuts the **** up about goading each other about accomplishing the elite of the PvE content and unites against kicking the ass swiftly of the common foe. I've not seen either of the 4 guilds shy away from assisting each other honestly in a raid situation.
I was simply using it as a point that you've re-inforced. There is a lot of hostile bitching on the forums between different horde members and guilds - yet i have no idea how those people actually interact in-game and as it turns out - the forums aren't a good source of information, as you've stated here, you guys get on ok in-game, so for you to base your opinion on VtS on the odd post here or there you read about us on the same forums.... is not wise. heh

-The end
Of godlike hardship tells me I must die
Like a sick eagle looking at the sky.
---
Zak

Last edited by Geeza; 21 Mar 2005 at 00:39.
Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 00:36   #98
Rids
The Bad Guy

Dear christ, zak the forum monster strikes again, I'll not post in this thread anymore and leave it all to him!
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 04:18   #99
Xaphania

I never said it did leave yah overpowered in terms of equipment, I was more implying that in Rids original analysis of the game, the content that was suppose to have greater longetivity and more challenge was shamelessly exploited for the sake of rushing out people with a few lvl 60 quest items... some of the high end quest rewards are definately viable gear long term for raid content and pvp alike (at least with the horde). However not to detract from the main point, you will find yourself not so bored with the game if you don't succumb to choosing 'easy' mode that's available at the moment.

That said while you argue that not needing to post about winning is neccessary, you seem to take winning very seriously, a good guild would know when to quit, know when they have met their match, know when they have possibly exceeded neccessary boundaries in a situation that provides no rewards, this is blatantently obvious in your style and manner of play to the majority of the horde who happen upon your guild lately in enviroment, perhaps the communication could be improved on, I'm pretty sure more than one of your guild is prolly 'enhancing' how situations occur, but you are most certainly coming across as the guild that are bad losers in war, we don't particularly look to revel in the win, it's usually not a very satisfying fight, you turn up, we steamroll, you call on more, until we are overwhelmed by an army of ants, we more revel in the fact you haven't lost this bad loser mannerism at the current moment. Other guilds seem to know when to let is slide, and a very select few of you who I occassionally happen across also seem to be able to let it slide but they are definately the minority.

I hope I don't have to start repeating this in 27 different languages until something actually get's through.

To Surmise:

- You rushed the end content and removed the challenge of it and it bothers me that a lot of the users who complain about the lack of end content are usually the ones at fault for it being over so quickly by taking the 'easy' options on a game that had it's release pushed early (blizzard were still very much in the middle of working out limits for such instances people have been raiding cause it did not have enough beta time to be honest).

- Actions are louder than words, you definately come across as bad losers on the battlefield, perhaps review your policies or communication within the guild, you have members even recently in lack of displaying it on the battlefield now complaining on the realm forums, you seem to be in denial of this.

- Get lost frenchies and go play on your euro carebear servers and let us have our freedom!
Unread 21 Mar 2005, 04:46   #100
Icewolf
starside ftw

Icewolf is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
- Actions are louder than words, you definately come across as bad losers on the battlefield, perhaps review your policies or communication within the guild, you have members even recently in lack of displaying it on the battlefield now complaining on the realm forums, you seem to be in denial of this.
Can you pls point us to any member whining on the forums? You get a free kill if you can find any...

Quote:
- Get lost frenchies and go play on your euro carebear servers and let us have our freedom!
Again you prove you have no idea about Legion and our members, looking forward to see you ingame

cu starside
Ice

PS: either i forgot my old rd5 board account or it has expired meanwhile
Icewolf is offline   Reply With Quote