User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 23 Nov 2002, 12:20   #51
Vince McMahon

The last level of Dune II (with Atreides) was almost impossible iirc - I don't think I ever completed it. Every minute or so the enemy would nuke your base, meaning most of the stuff you had built would be destroyed, and you wouldn't have enough funds to replace it.

Also, a mention has to go to the last level of Syndicate on that Oil Rig.. that was pretty damn hard without any cheating.

There is another but I can't remember who/what it was... I'll remember later.

note: I only tried these when I was like 13 or so.. maybe younger. I could probably do them easily now (hopefully).
Unread 23 Nov 2002, 14:06   #52
Seed of Chaos
Pr0f3ss10na1 P30n

Seed of Chaos will become famous soon enoughSeed of Chaos will become famous soon enough
Re: Hardest Video Game "Boss"?

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Skragg
After reading the funniest Video Game character thread, i thought, "Fk funniest, who was the hardest boss of all time?" Here are a few of my ideas:

[]Skedar Emperor, Perfect Dark
[]Ruby/Emerald Weapon, FF7
[]The Slogra, Castlevania 4
[]Gene Wurm, Half Life: Opposing Force
[]Majora's Spirit, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
[]Mizar, Jet Force Gemini
[]Gravedigger, Resident Evil 3 (Hard Mode)
[]Overmind, Starcraft
[]Hind D, Metal Gear Solid
[]Last Boss (dont know name), Cybernator
[]Voldemort/Quirrel, Harry Potter and the Philosophers/Sorcerers Stone
[]Ultima Weapon, FF8

Add more if you wish. This should be interesting....
not sure about the others, but the overmind in starcraft isn't that hard - I did it first go, and I'm not that good a starcraft player. You get to control terrans AND protoss, so you get the benefit of both races.
Unread 25 Apr 2004, 02:45   #53
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Not just the boss (Jaws), but the entire level.... Double O Agent on Aztec, on Goldeneye. Teeth-grindingly hard.
Unread 25 Apr 2004, 02:47   #54
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

18 months later........
Unread 25 Apr 2004, 09:50   #55
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

you are still posting /o\..

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2004, 10:17   #56
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Dark-Strider is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane_in_da_membrane
That was pretty tough, it was s'pose to be harder than Final Ultimecia...but I found it a lot easier :-/

as for the easiest boss, SIN on FFX (I think it's called SIN, the thing that looks like a small retarded purple squid with 2 pagodas either side)
Thats Yu Yevon actually, and yes he is piss easy as you have auto potion on so you cant die.
Unread 25 Apr 2004, 11:41   #57
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Not just the boss (Jaws), but the entire level.... Double O Agent on Aztec, on Goldeneye. Teeth-grindingly hard.
Nice bump moron.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2004, 11:56   #58
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I never even got to the end boss of Alex Kidd in Miracle World.

The castle is as far as I've gotten
Unread 25 Apr 2004, 11:57   #59
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Ditto =(
I was shit at Alex Kidd.
Unread 25 Apr 2004, 15:03   #60
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i ****ing hated alex kidd
Unread 25 Apr 2004, 15:06   #61
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Nice bump moron.

Is bumping really that bad?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2004, 15:14   #62
JBOY
Retired

JBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to all

Quote:
jaws was actually a doddle if you lured him into the little side corridor stood right infront of him, and inside the range of the AR-33's and then just fired away. Activating the shuttle launch after that was a pain in the arse with all the moonraker laser bad guys kicking about.

Giant Baby Bowser on Yoshi's island was mildly annoying on the SNES.
Unread 25 Apr 2004, 15:21   #63
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Skragg

[x]Ruby/Emerald Weapon, FF7
[]Gravedigger, Resident Evil 3 (Hard Mode)
[]Overmind, Starcraft
[]Ultima Weapon, FF8
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2004, 15:31   #64
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

street fighter bosses can be bastards, not the normal ones, the secret ones (ie shin akuma most of the time). unless youre great like me

as for single player games... the cyberdemon in doom was a bit of a bugger, as was the endless monster spawning thing at the end of doom2... well, on the second to last level anyway (i never got to the end of doom2 on nightmare )
Unread 25 Apr 2004, 15:51   #65
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernova9
I hope you mean Omega weapon, not Ultima.

Ultima (the one at the base of the deep sea research centre) wasn't really that hard, just use Squall's lionheart after casting the aura spell, then you're sorted.
I beated him before I upgraded to lionheart, costed me 3 or 4 tries. Damned beam killing 2 our of 3 teammembers in 20sec
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2004, 16:54   #66
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

ok, whoever said golden axe is crap. There are games of that genre i found much more difficult, though i cant remember any off the top of my head.

the harry potter boss was quite hard, yeah, agree.

i did the sonic 2 boss... but yeah, also very very difficult.

id still cite shin akuma as the boss who has pissed me off and caused me more aggro than any other
Unread 25 Apr 2004, 18:16   #67
Raging.Retard
Street Tramp

Raging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant future

Double Dragon (I had on Amiga, but im sure it was on other formats.)

IK+ was pretty hardcore too.

Those are oldskool though, so not sure if many will remember.
Unread 25 Apr 2004, 18:19   #68
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Spinderella on Dynamite Heady
Kintaro in Mortal Kombat
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2004, 18:32   #69
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Spinderella on Dynamite Headdy
that game was elite :|
Unread 25 Apr 2004, 18:36   #70
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirai
No, I believe the final boss in Duke Nukem 3d was the hardest boss I've ever encountered.
pfft you just use that jet shit and finito, easiest boss, considering that you couldnt really use the jet pack with the others

the hardest one, without a doubt, is the one from doom2. It is impossible, and i never managed to kill it without cheat (of course i only play in the only decent difficult level, ultraviolence).
It was a very boring boss and utterly unimaginative. Its a shitty "mario" boss which youcant hit directly and you have to do some stupid unrelated shit to kill the boss, pretty much like the one found at the first episode of quake, the game with the most sucky bosses ever, specially that sub nigguratt crap which was a major turnoff.

A decent boss was the cyberdemon, from episode 2 in doom 1. That really rocked the house.

And why would one put the overmind as a respectable boss? Starcraftwise you should say torrasque or zeratul....
Unread 25 Apr 2004, 18:57   #71
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The last level of Warcraft 3 on Hard Setting is quite tricky, too.
Unread 25 Apr 2004, 19:15   #72
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Quote:
Kintaro in Mortal Kombat
yes!

and he was even before shao kahn in mk2... i got to shao kahn once and lost, but i still got the feeling he wasnt as hard as kintaro. who was just scum.
Unread 25 Apr 2004, 19:34   #73
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Actually all the mortal kombat games had stupidly hard second-last bosses. Motaro or whatever he was called was also rather tricky.

Also since we're talking about 'end of game opponents in 1 vs 1 games' rather than 'bosses' per se, I'm going to throw in black slime from slime volleyball.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2004, 19:36   #74
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Kintaro in Mortal Kombat
The above implied statement is objectively true.
Unread 25 Apr 2004, 19:52   #75
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

mk1 had a fairly easy boss... both goro and shao tsung (was that his name?)

never played any of them after mk2 to any length though
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 16:10   #76
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

Quote:
The last level of Warcraft 3 on Hard Setting is quite tricky, too.
This stoopid. I cant get the crappy hippos to carry archers. Its pretty un-possible to do it without air support, considering the sheer might of foot troops the undead keep bringing. In the multyplayer i can, in the game i cant, which made me go
But some glitch made me possible to end the game. It has a video of what i think starcraft3 will be like....
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 17:12   #77
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Morte
This stoopid. I cant get the crappy hippos to carry archers. Its pretty un-possible to do it without air support, considering the sheer might of foot troops the undead keep bringing. In the multyplayer i can, in the game i cant, which made me go
But some glitch made me possible to end the game. It has a video of what i think starcraft3 will be like....
I just used my heroes to hold them off at the human base, and concentrated all my other units to build a big stockade at the orc base, which held them off ok

Took me bloody ages though.
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 17:14   #78
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road

[X] The 2 tigers from Pitfall
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 19:26   #79
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd like to throw in just getting to the last guy in FarCry. SOB I mean damn, and I thought Crow was hard the first time around.
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 19:28   #80
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I found beating LeChuck in Monkey Island 2 pretty hard.

Mainly the timing thing with cutting his beard off in the lift door.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 21:25   #81
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Hardest Video Game "Boss"?

That ****ing thing in the basement of Durlag's Tower in BG1.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Apr 2004, 23:22   #82
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Quote:
I just used my heroes to hold them off at the human base, and concentrated all my other units to build a big stockade at the orc base, which held them off ok

Took me bloody ages though.
I tried that, didnt work... the blockade caused my troops not to move while the building got twated. And thats why you need air support.
Once i realized that there would not be any air units, i just went and logged at battle.net.
Im not going to bust my ass with something that i wont get nothing from.

I actually found that dude behind the wall in the game "crackhouse cleanup", from www.stickdeath.com to be one of the most formidable opponents.
Unread 27 Apr 2004, 01:06   #83
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

it took me about 15 tries i think morte

clicking random places and wasting my time on shit
Unread 27 Apr 2004, 19:56   #84
Emperor Rozenski
Generic funny comment.

Emperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to allEmperor Rozenski is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirai
No, I believe the final boss in Duke Nukem 3d was the hardest boss I've ever encountered.
Nah, very easy when you know how!

1. Shoot the Duff Beer blimp floating high over the centre of the American Football field to release a ton of weapons.
2. Stand behind one the of the goal posts which will block all of the boss' fire and since he is unable to leave the playing field he can't move around to you. He's so wide that you can still hit him from this safe position.

My hardest boss would probally have to be Marduk from the final level of Sacrifice. Once you manage to get a good number of souls you can start to turn the tide, but it doesn't help that he can instantly pick up your fallen souls and you have to spend a minute to get his to your alter and then many minutes more to convert them. Grrrr! Satisfying when you do beat him though.

Kick the Baby! - did we rock your world?
Emperor Rozenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2004, 20:06   #85
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Skragg
After reading the funniest Video Game character thread, i thought, "Fk funniest, who was the hardest boss of all time?" Here are a few of my ideas:

[X]Ruby/Emerald Weapon, FF7
[X]Gravedigger, Resident Evil 3 (Hard Mode)
[X]Overmind, Starcraft
[X]Ultima Weapon, FF8

Add more if you wish. This should be interesting....
Hind D was piss easy. So was Gravedigger although I had 5 goes at it to finally beat it. Voldermort/Quirrel.?? Pfft !

What I find difficult is bosses in any Sega MegaDrive game. Just takes the piss everytime. You lose, start from scratch. Thank God for memory cards.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2004, 20:08   #86
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
the last boss in Doom 2 was just stupid although it didn't help that the slow down would screw up the whole thing.
I just cheated on that. Went through the wall and killed it. I was just a stupid kid back then.
Unread 27 Apr 2004, 20:12   #87
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging.Retard
Double Dragon (I had on Amiga, but im sure it was on other formats.)
OMG! That was so hard when I was little. I never got to finish it until .... well I've lost interest in it since better games with "better graphics" came out.