User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 11 Jun 2003, 00:05   #1
cookiemay
Cooki-Monster

cookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the rough
Bittorrent

any1 use this program if so can u recommend any sites to get torrent files
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 00:07   #2
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
www.tvtorrents.co.uk

Most o' da damn major torrent searches be still waaay down, google be some badass startin' point.
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 00:24   #3
JamMak
Cynical Optimist

JamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud ofJamMak has much to be proud of
SuprNova

But is currently down

And Piracy is bad m'kay
JamMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 01:02   #4
MrBrick
Gone

MrBrick is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by JamMak
And Piracy is bad m'kay

Bluebeard says "**** off!" to you.
MrBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 11:16   #5
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Weeks
BitT is ace.

but i can never find anymore sites since torrentse.cx went down :\
is this like the ****** of the torrent world?

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 11:48   #6
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
http://www.bytemonsoon.com
http://btfiles.no-ip.com/

however

only download things you have already as backups.
otherwise its illegal.

capice?
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 11:49   #7
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
i know of a few places.

But torrentse and tvtorrents are the best public ones i know of
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 22:37   #8
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by JammyJim
http://www.bytemonsoon.com
http://btfiles.no-ip.com/

however

only download things you have already as backups.
otherwise its illegal.

capice?
HAHA
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 22:44   #9
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by idimmu
there is no bittorrent
There's no macaroon.
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 22:45   #10
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by idimmu
there is no bittorrent
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 22:45   #11
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I downloaded the 1993 South African and Brazilian F1 races using Bittorrent

Kinda cool

Vaio
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 23:26   #12
cookiemay
Cooki-Monster

cookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the roughcookiemay is a jewel in the rough
use a forum i found.
Can get more or less any album just need to request and its usually up within a day or 2
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 03:43   #13
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
wow.

I love my BT. But it does not exist!

And kids, remeber not to download pirated material, as then YOURE DOWNLOADING COMMUNISM, and we did not win ww2 to let those red's in, did we?
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 04:22   #14
Dr Wakka

Dr Wakka is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
wow.

I love my BT. But it does not exist!

And kids, remeber not to download pirated material, as then YOURE DOWNLOADING COMMUNISM, and we did not win ww2 to let those red's in, did we?
Didn't you? I'm freezing out here! Lemme in!

Oh, and BT is nice, in a non-existant way, of course. Not that I'm using it. Not at all.

By the way, I'm downloading the Manifesto of the Communist Party right now. I did it just to say "HA! I am in fact downloading Communism, you anarchist twat!" With Marx being dead for a few years, he probably won't sue me.
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 18:33   #15
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
hmm i'm getting a really **** download speed from those sites ppl listed

(just upgraded to NTl 1mbit line)

anyone care to pm me?

Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 18:37   #16
poshphil
Little Bitch

poshphil is an unknown quantity at this point
I have always got **** download speeds off it to be honest. Trying to download a 2.5gb file at 4kbs is fun. Especially when I can theoretically get up to 1mbs on this line.

It was at 17kbs for a minute earlier. And I think the fastest i've ever had bittorrent running is about 40kbs.
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 18:42   #17
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
I'm currently at 18kB/s, which is above what I'd get off a normal server (on average).

Generally though, BitTorrent gives me crap speeds of 6-10kB/s.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 18:49   #18
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
It waries greatly. Just now, im downloading a home movie from a friend of mine at 15kbs, but a hour ago i had 190kbs on the same movie..
Its about seeding. If everybody would seed when the've fininshed, it would not be a problem. But people are lazy/greedy/ignorant (or something else) and therefore, sometimes you get ****ty speeds.

Generally, i get 50-100kbs whit bittorent. The fastes i've had have been 350kbs, i think.. So it rocks if used properly (by everybody)

(of course, don't download copyrighted material. If you wonder why, see my above post! FIGTH COMMUNISM!!!!!111)
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2003, 11:12   #19
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
(of course, don't download copyrighted material. If you wonder why, see my above post! FIGTH COMMUNISM!!!!!111)
if Bill Gates has a copy of Windows for free, then everyone should have a copy of windows for free.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2003, 22:39   #20
cookiemay
Cooki-Monster

got the new italian job in less than a day just over gig and half burned as 2 vcds already.
Really depends on what the file is and how many people r seeding/downloading.
Gettin the cradle 2 at 40kb/sec atm about an hour to go on it.
If u want a good place to download and request files pm me and ill tell you the forum i use for torrent files
Unread 14 Jun 2003, 03:43   #21
Raging.Retard
Street Tramp

Raging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant future
I normally get 1/200k/s from BT. Managed to link with a decent ish transfer the other day, dled 7.7gb constant at 500k/s so there are decent seeds out there.

Guess it depends on the community you get them from. SA is pretty good for BT.