User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Aug 2003, 11:28   #1
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I'm looking for a digital camcorder

Now i know dixons do them, but theres an extremely wide range, and the prices are from £330 - £1400 almost.

Id appreciate anyones help who knows anything about digital cameras to help me.

My use isnt professional: what i want is to be able to film my nights out, and make short (perhaps only as long as 20-30 minutes) films. We did this in Media studies last year, and it was _fantastic_ fun. Id frankly like to do it at uni too, but i know id end up regretting it because so many people would be doing the course, etc.

But at the very least id like to do it for my own amusement.

What i need is a reccomendaton of a DV camcorder, with a screen, with (or where to get the) software and USB cables. Itd be good if i could get at least a couple of hours recording time from each tape too. Id prefferably like it to cost as little as possible - if its under £500 +/- i can buy it at the weekend (As i get paid - although im not sure what exactly ill get paid, itll be around £500).

Thanks in advance

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2003, 11:34   #2
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
Don't make the mistake that I did and buy a JVC camcorder (£1000). They're ****, well they're okay. BUT you can't find anything to do with JVC at most shops, I can't get any bigger batteries or microphpones or anything, and currently my camcorder is ****ed and nobody can fix it becuase JVC suck!

You want a Sony or Panasonic
Unread 4 Aug 2003, 11:51   #3
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Not sure this one is what you want;

Brand: Sony
Model: DCRTRV245
Category: Digital Camcorders

In Stock - Ready for despatch
Standard delivery is £7.99
Features
2.5" LCD screen, LP rec., nightshot olux
i-Link DV out, built-in light, batt. inf
PC appliaction software supplied
Steadyshot,700x digital/20x optical zoom
12bit/ 16bit PCM stereo
Unbeatable price
£296.99

How about this one?

Model: DCRTRV22

Awaiting stock from supplier
Features
2.5" LCD, touch oanel, 800k pixel CCD
Supersteady shot, USB terminal/streaming
USB cable. analogue input, m/stick slot
120x Digital 10x opt zoom, 113K colour viewfinder, tape photomode, DV out/in
Unbeatable price
£511.99
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2003, 12:10   #4
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by CrashTester
Not sure this one is what you want;

Model: DCRTRV245

In Stock - Ready for despatch
Features
2.5" LCD screen, LP rec., nightshot olux
i-Link DV out, built-in light, batt. inf
PC appliaction software supplied
Steadyshot,700x digital/20x optical zoom
12bit/ 16bit PCM stereo
Unbeatable price
£296.99
Phwoar

URL?

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2003, 12:56   #5
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
Phwoar

URL?
http://www.unbeatable.co.uk

Let me know how it goes.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2003, 15:46   #6
Sad Loser Geek
We have so much in common

Sad Loser Geek is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi friend.

Go to www.firebox.com and look at that DVC that is in the top 10 list.

It is a digital camcorder for under £100 with all the features you will need for filming nights out.

People have even made their own movies and submitted them to that site.

my sig was deleted by a mod who couldn't handle the truth - in the style of Tom Cruise, from A Few Good Men!
Sad Loser Geek is offline   Reply With Quote