As usual, please PA players feel free to comment on our current setup and poke at it because its only with constructive criticism that ASS can continue improving itself
... now back to the reason for this post...
As always, if you are looking for a reliable, well organised, friendly alliance then step over the line and fight the good fight alongside the AlamoSpaceSmurfs!!
... not certain? Then read on about our setup which has been slowly improved over many rounds. If you like what you read then remember to sign up for ASS next round ingame and pop into #ASSpublic and say hi to hang out with us. We have a library of help on our attack site for complete noobs to more experienced players to help get your planets up and running smoothly in ASS.
If you've read last round's setup then the four amendments listed below will bring you up to date with ASS.
****Amendments from last round:****
1 >>> scan points and dc points are now working properly thru chukles so we can finaly implement our scanning & dcing for dp scheme.
- 10 defence calls pasted to chukles for autodcing
- OR 10 scan requests completed through chukles
- OR 20 dp added for defence mission pastes
1 dp will be added to the smurf completeing the tasks
Encourages continued DCing and Scanning as our DCs and scanners (without which we could not defend effectively) can be rewarded for their efforts and top end scanners whose fleets often suffer for their efforts will not be penalised in defence if they are useful scanners
2 >>> Due to discussions over dp fairness based on amount of fleet designated for defence we are changing the dps to reflect the percentage of value used in a defence. - mentioned on last setup however chukles was not ready for the change last round. Will be implemented this round.
DP given will equal the normal dp as per the normal setup blacklisted = 1, ingal = 2, offpeak uni = 3, peak uni= 4. However an extra 1dp will be given if the defence used over a quarter of the smurf's total planet value.
players making a larger sacrifice of their ships per defence to cover calls would be rewarded for doing so and will encourage larger fleets being sent to defence involving less fleets needed to cover each call.
3 >>> Recruitment drive for next round will mean we should be able to fill up to 70 players and so use the inacitvity levels again. Coupled with the extra DP rewards this round the level for removing players from ASS is to be set at 2 points a day (dp or ap) instead of the current 1 point. This activity level will still discount the smurfling time as set out in the ASS setup. All other activity levels are to alter by 1 point respecitvely.
Blacklisting level: 14dp in last 7days
Galaxy Immunity: 2points (ap or dp) per day in ASS
Tool Access Removal & Kicking: no points (dp or ap) in 5days & less than 2points (dp or ap) per day in ASS
Means we are removing players who appear less than once every two days to send three recorded attack fleets OR once every six days to send their three fleets on recorded peak defence missions (universe 2am-7am non-blacklisted).
4 >>> DCs will need to pass a DCing test before access is granted for each DC/HC to add/amend calls through chukles/ingame before every round
To ensure that our standards of DCing are on a level playing field and to ensure all DCs are receiving the correct support prior to being 'left to fend for themselves' as DCing is a hard enough role to play as it is without us reading from different scripts.
****Full ASS Setup for Round 36****
Btw.. if you are planning on joining us then reading our setup is a prerequisite as we like to know all our members know exactly what to expect from ASS and what we expect from them so as not to waste their time in an alliance that might not suit them.
DCs = Defence Commanders
- ASsmurfs that take time to organise defence, guiding ships to the most useful places, making battle calcs and adding dp (aka DCing). Any ASsmurf can becoma a DC with enough enthusiasm and effort as ASS provide literature and on hand help to cover the basics of DCing and how to work the DC tools correctly and more expert info is picked up over time.
- To ensure good standards of DCing and that all DCs are receiving the correct support, before every round, all members will need to pass a DCing test before access is granted to add/amend calls through chukles/ingame .
- If max coverage is not obtained where possible defenders shall be informed to recall at eta 4 or 1 of their choosing.
- First week DCs will add dp for defence missions reported correctly but further `active` dcing wont happen until week 2
dp = Defence point
- a point earned by a ASsmurf sending and reporting correctly `defence` or `fake defence` (so long as its scary
) to another ASsmurf
dp earned per mission:
- 1 - Defending a blacklisted ASsmurf
- 2 - Defending a non-blacklisted ASsmurf in Galaxy
- 3 - Defending a non-blacklisted ASsmurf in Universe at off-peak times (7am-2am server time)
- 4 - Defending a non-blacklisted ASsmurf in Universe at peak times (2am-7am server time)
dp will only be awarded if missions are pasted to an active DC/Puss/ingame mail to ASS by launching tick.
> ... an extra 1dp will be given if the defence used over a quarter of the player's total planet value.
Earning Extra DPs:
- 10 defence calls pasted to chukles for autodcing
- OR 10 scan requests completed through chukles
- OR 20 dp added for defence mission pastes
1 dp will be added to the smurf completeing the tasks.
A smurf that has earned less than 14dp in the last 7days in blacklisted.
The defence needs of a blacklisted smurf are not advertised on IRC/ingame and their defence calls are set to `closed` on the defence screen ingame. Also a smurf defending a blacklisted call is only awarded 1dp.
BCs = Battle Commanders
- members of alliances used to: 1) choose targets & 2) aid members with attacks. ASS doesnt use them as:
1) each night targets choices are shortlisted using a calculation based on galaxy sizes the alliance member`s values and galaxy fatness. This shortlist is then filtered to remove any galaxies with Smurf Galaxy Immunity and any galaxies that have been hit in the last 5days by ASS. THe few remaining galaxies are then discussed with those who wish to join in.
2) info on attacking is available on the ASS webby and any specific help needed for attacks can be asked for in #alamospacesmurfs where there is usually someone around to help or even offer a piggyback for an attack or two to help out.
A smurf with more than 2points (ap or dp) per day in ASS has Galaxy Immunity.
A galaxy containing an ASsmurf with Galaxy Immunity will not be attacked by ASS on a scheduled attack unless specifically asked to do so by the ASsmurf in the galaxy.
ap = Attack Point
- a point earned by a ASsmurf, for supporting ASS attacks, for claiming a LT(LandTick) on a planet in the ASS scheduled attack, launching the mission correctly and not recalling the fleet until after the first scheduled jgp (jumpgate probe scan) is done for the attack.
ap earned per mission:
- 1 - attacking without an ASsmurf partner in crime on the ASS attack where claimed
- 2 - attacking with 1 or more other ASsmurfs on a targ (the target claimer must agree to the team-up)
Rules of Engagement:
- unless agreed by the target claimer, no ASsmurf should land on a LT&planet claimed by another ASsmurf (no-one likes a piggy on a good calc
- three fleet attacking is allowed, however, to avoid heavy losses, guidelines given by ASS should be kept to. Also, an attack point does not equal a defence point on defence priority rules so long term three fleeting would harm an ASsmurf`s defence status in ASS.
- double tapping (taking two consecutive waves on the same target) is accepted, but is frowned upon if done regularly as if the attack is so good for one ASsmurf there is probably another ASsmurf that would like a share of the target too
- hitting smaller planets in value and score is allowed (some planets are just asking to have their roids taken). However, ASsmurfs should remember that less xp and max cap is awarded for landing on smaller planets, so generally its better to team-up on a bigger target than hitting smaller ones.
- ASS does not endorse hitting players with less than 250 roids, therefore attacks arranged through ASS for ASS players will only include scans for LTs on planets expected to have above 250 roids at eta1.
- Revenge Attacks: Players leaving ASS within the round will be added to the alliance attack page for a night within the 48hrs delay between departing ASS and joining another alliance. The attack would have unlocked waves - dependant on jgp availability - (250 roid attack rule would be ignored for this attack only).
- Attacks (with scans) go on the webby as close to 19:00 servertime as possible and open for all ASsmurfs to select LTs on targets as close to 20:00 servertime as possible. This is as regular as possible so that attacks are reliable.
- news scans are expected to be used for the first couple of attacks to detect defence (done at eta 1 for each target). However, ASS always aims to get jgp for the first attack and au for the second/third attacks.
- jgps will be done generally at eta 4 of the last wave and eta 2 of the first wave of an attack for the rest of the round, an estimated eta for scans going on the webby will be posted each night so that peeps are aware of jgp time
- if jgp are needed earlier than the scheduled jgp time advertised, puss can be asked if it is possible for the scan to be made in time.. ASsmurfs should only use this if it is not possible to be on for the normal jgp time as puss cannot do this all the time
- weekday attacks follow ASS value attacking gals within ASS value range covering two gals whenever possible to gain maximum target variety and still keeping a tight attacking formation.
- weekend attacks may sometimes involve joint attacks on a higher value galaxy for xp but these will not be political and will still stay within a range of double teamup values to not overstretch our fleets and to still a normal amount of time needed for calcing so that ASsmurfs can still play the attack around rl.
Dealing with Inactivity:
- the first 150ticks an ASsmurf is in ASS each round is taken as the training/building time. In which time the ASsmurf is building their planet & getting used to how ASS works so as they can get prepared to be a useful ASsmurf. Therefore for these first 150ticks a ASsmurf cannot become blacklisted or lose tools/galaxy immunity access.
- ASsmurfs earning no points (dp or ap) in 3days with no prior warning of inactivity will receive a msg from HC to try and establish reasoning for the inactivity and give guidance on any issues that can be helped with
Tool Access Removal & Kicking:
- Scan access is only granted while taxes are being paid by the ASsmurf (unless sanctioned officially by HC)
- Scan access may also be taken away temporarily as a sanction for misbehaviour in ASS (breaking one of the few rules we have or excessive behaviour that upsets other ASsmurfs continuing after being warned etc.)
- ASsmurfs earning no points (dp or ap) in 5days & less than 2points (dp or ap) per day in ASS will have ASS tool access removed. These players may then also be removed from ASS without warning if no correspondance occurs between them and ASS HC to discuss issues causing inactivity. ASsmurfs will only be removed if an applicant is ready to take their place in ASS; giving ASsmurfs that go on holiday or get sick without warning as much chance as possible to not have their ASS status harmed by their time away.
- if HC are warned prior to low activity of a ASsmurf then an exception may be made so as the ASsmurf does not lose tools access
Is for alliance scans, and trading once it is established. Each trade must be messaged to the ASS mail ingame so as the fund may be levelled up so all ASsmurfs can continue using it. The fund is not for donations for crashing|fleet catches as not all players can be donated to. Guidance on how to avoid big ship losses is given to all so it shouldn`t even be a need to use scan|trading funds to increase a members value.
Scanners DCs BCs HCs : Any ASsmurf willing to put in a few hours a week to help ASS that has shown reliability and responsibility in the way they cooperate with other alliance members can be trained up to take these rolls. These titles are not a hierarchy of power but of responsibility and training level, hence anyone can make it up the training ladder given time and patience
Intel & Politics:
Ass collects intel based mainly on jgps gal statuses and galaxy overviews as with most other alliances. The information is collated and worked on through our trusty bot. Generally this knowledge is used as a warning for if we are ptargetted (as we found sneak attacks are imminent in this game
) and jus for fun for players to know what is going on.
ASS do not nap with other allliances or cooperate beyond joint attacks on xp galaxies on a weekend. We do not support blocking and believe that an alliance should gain rank off its own merits in training its members and providing tools for them to have successful attacks and defence rather than through removing alliances as threats from the universe through cooperation.
The guidelines set out here are set for the round and are to be adhered to by all no matter what training level they get to. Any members wishing to change the guidelines needs to put forward their proposal in time for the end of round 36 to be discussed as a possibility for round 37.
Prerequisites for joining ASS:
> Setup read (copy available at www.alamospacesmurfs.net/setup.php & same as above).
> applied to ASS tag ingame.
> have at least 53 roids (help on doing so with a new planet before round starts is at www.alamospacesmurfs.net/roids.php )
>have a pnick... it isnt essential to be on irc all the time but it really really helps so getting ur pnick sorted asap and access to the members channel may just save ur butt (get a nick and password for this by signing up at www.netgamers.org - hotmail email isn't accepted for this site registration but googlemail is)
> apply for tools access at alamospacesmurfs.net (register there)
>go say hello to an ASS HC either by ingame mail to ASS or by popping onto #ASSpublic and poking them all --- also use this time to ask any questions you have about the setup before you are accepted by the alliance ingame and have your access set up for the tools
Ok end of another humongous post
Looking forward to another great round