User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions > Departing PA Messages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 22 Jul 2004, 18:20   #1
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

Brimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the rough
another retirement

As of now, i formally, completely, totally and utterly retire from PA, and all things related.

I have not enjoyed playing PA for many rounds, and have stuck around mainly because of friends coaxing me along. Many of the friends i continued for have now retired themselves.

Also, i plan to take up a degree within the next 2 months, and dont think i can do both realistically. (I struggled with A-Levels!)

Having been here since Round 1, those dark days of thousands of accounts, (most of them multi's) to this, a stylised community, where the people who thrive are those that can waste every available hour of their lives here, treading on the toes, hands, or heads of all in his way. There is little skill left, simply who you know, and how much time you have. I have watched PA struggle through hardships of money, organisation, lack of servers, and survive, only to be beaten by ppl who will do anything to win.

I have given most of the the last 2 years helping those less experienced, originally by running a junior wing of an alliance, to being given the priveledge of joining the mentor team.

I have never tried to win, simply have fun, and help others. The game has now evolved to such a point that there are less tactics involved, and the simply answer is who can muster the most amount of ships.

Im not in the mood for much of a rant now, so i'll just say my goodbye. I may yet return in the future, but only time will tell.

Should any of you find the need to contact me for anything, i will still retain my forum account for random posts every now and then. I shall no longer be found on IRC.

Good luck to all, and happy roiding.
regards,
Jack Brimstone

The Last of the experienced N00bz
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 18:26   #2
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute
Re: another retirement

good luck dude, i hope all the best for you
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 18:28   #3
xontas

xontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the rough

show your face in here sometimes :-)
xontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 18:30   #4
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

Brimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the rough

i might do.

see if i can get my forum posts up a bit. for someone who's been here since the beginning, i dont talk enough.
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 22:11   #5
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Dont uninstall IRC, there no reason you cant pop in from time to time
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 22:12   #6
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

the last time i tried that i rejoined the following round. If i return, i return with a fresh start. anyone who i want to know who i am, will know.
Unread 22 Jul 2004, 22:41   #7
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Brimstone, wherever you disappear off to - you'll have seen PA go through some good and bad times, but I hope over all you're largely left with fond memories!
Shame to see you go, but I guess there comes a time for everyone when they have to leave it all behind.
So long!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote