User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 3 May 2004, 00:07   #1
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little
Mm

If I start a new political movement in Newcastle (being basically a better communist party) will you be my campaign manager?
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2004, 00:30   #2
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Mm

I think the Labour Party shoots any of it's members if they do that.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2004, 00:57   #3
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Mm

Leave them. Help me (Obi Wan...)
Unread 3 May 2004, 01:02   #4
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question Re: Mm

What exactly are your current plans regarding this, then?
Unread 3 May 2004, 01:05   #5
skiddy
wild one

I have none at the moment. That's where you come in.

This was really just a spur of the moment thing.
Unread 3 May 2004, 01:08   #6
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

I ahve a spot/cut in my nose
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2004, 01:10   #7
Marilyn Manson
Gone

I see. So basically, we start a political party, in which I am the Campaigns Manager, and you have some as yet unassigned, ambiguous role.

This is the plan?
Unread 3 May 2004, 01:10   #8
skiddy
wild one

We can help you KaneED!

Vote Hall in the next elections and I'll get my right hand man to cut your nose off, ensuring it shall never happen again!
Unread 3 May 2004, 01:12   #9
skiddy
wild one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
I see. So basically, we start a political party, in which I am the Campaigns Manager, and you have some as yet unassigned, ambiguous role.

This is the plan?
Essentially, yes.

What shall happen is that you can arrange stuff as you understand this whole politics thing.

I'll be the friendly face of the people and make inspiring speeches and become loved by the masses.

Then we give back to the people what the state has taken.

We shall be hero's of the revolution!
Unread 3 May 2004, 01:13   #10
Marilyn Manson
Gone

I'm wondering if this isn't going to actually be just a cleverly disguised front organisation for some sort of bizzare bisexual pagan death cult, tbh.
Unread 3 May 2004, 01:14   #11
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Free advice : If you're going to be a "better Communist Party" and you're going to be the friendly face of the party, I would refrain from making speeches calling for the return of Adolf Hitler.

Those minorities are funny like that.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2004, 01:16   #12
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Those minorities are funny like that.
He won't say anything that I haven't approved first, so I wouldn't worry about that.
Unread 3 May 2004, 01:17   #13
skiddy
wild one

Quote:
I'm wondering if this isn't going to actually be just a cleverly disguised front organisation for some sort of bizzare bisexual pagan death cult.
I hadn't thought about that.

We could call the party SAM - Suck A Mate.

It would encourage friends giving each other blow jobs, thus relieving stress upon wives all over who don't like doing it whilst still allowing men to get the pleasures of oral secks.

On a more serious note, I think it would work. I'm very persuasive when I want to be and I have some good idea's.

Either that or we get local media coverage and TV interviews and stuff, so we become locally well known and can use it as a pulling tool whilst out and about. But still, it could be a money making venture - which we would of course then filter back into the community in the form of donations to volunteer organisations.
Unread 3 May 2004, 01:22   #14
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddy
What shall happen is that you can arrange stuff as you understand this whole politics thing.

I'll be the friendly face of the people and make inspiring speeches and become loved by the masses.

Then we give back to the people what the state has taken.
Sort of like the Blair-Mandelson relationship.
Unread 3 May 2004, 01:24   #15
skiddy
wild one

Quote:
...as you understand this whole politics thing.
The Blair / Who relationship?
Unread 3 May 2004, 01:34   #16
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Are you suggesting Mandelson doesn't know how to 'work the game'?

Don't let his inherent propensity towards corruption fool you.
Unread 3 May 2004, 01:37   #17
skiddy
wild one

Actually no, I was more wondering who this Mandelson person is.
Unread 3 May 2004, 01:40   #18
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Gay MP.

And more!
Unread 3 May 2004, 01:43   #19
skiddy
wild one

Oh, erm, yes. Much like that relationship.

So you in or out?
Unread 3 May 2004, 01:45   #20
Marilyn Manson
Gone

I'm in, but don't tell The Dear Leader, or he'll get me locked up in fright.
Unread 3 May 2004, 01:48   #21
skiddy
wild one

I'll keep it quiet.

Only us two know so as long as we don't say anything then it's ok.

Firstly I need to think of the word that means the list of stuff you say you'll do.

Then we can write one!
Unread 3 May 2004, 01:50   #22
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Manifesto.
Unread 3 May 2004, 01:51   #23
skiddy
wild one

Yes, one of them.

I knew you'd be a useful person to have on board.

Can I get a MS Word template for one of them?

Gonna go have a look at some other parties manifesto's and get some tips.
Unread 3 May 2004, 01:55   #24
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Microsoft, being the monstrous capitalist behemoth that it is, does not appear to do manifesto templates.
Unread 3 May 2004, 01:57   #25
skiddy
wild one

I just looked at one on Google. I didn't realise they were so long.

I'll do it tomorrow.

I'll start doing the campaign posters now.
Unread 3 May 2004, 01:59   #26
Marilyn Manson
Gone

What, exactly, are we going to campaign for election to?

We have a war chest of about £2.13 atm, plus any donations we may recieve.

I'm not really sure whether this is actually finacially sufficent to smash the aparatus of the state atm.
Unread 3 May 2004, 02:03   #27
skiddy
wild one

I have £2.90 in my pocket, so we have £5.03 in total, meaning we can get a coffee while campaigning on Northumberland Street.

At the moment I'm setting my sights on local MP. Then we can think of higher. See this is where you come in, as I don't really know how any of this works. There is a woman who lives down the street who is a Labour MP and she's like our local person for this area. I plan on taking her place.
Unread 3 May 2004, 02:09   #28
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Well, first we'd need an administrative structure, supporters, members, and finances. Then we'd need a campaigning machinery.

Then we'd need several hundred pounds to pay for our deposit when the election comes about. We'd then need to get at least somewhere in the region of 15,000 to 20,000 votes to win the seat, or at least more than 2% (Or 5%, I can't remember which.) to retain our deposit.

That's about it, really.

Oh, and we'd need to register as a party, but I forget how we would go about that.
Unread 3 May 2004, 02:13   #29
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think it's 5%. That's the target the various far left losers I've assisted in the past have spectacularly failed to reach.
Unread 3 May 2004, 02:13   #30
Marilyn Manson
Gone

btw, what's our position on The NE? I say we go for independence.
Unread 3 May 2004, 02:19   #31
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
I think it's 5%. That's the target the various far left losers I've assisted in the past have spectacularly failed to reach.
When the revolution comes, the cynical, whinging intellectuals will be the first against the wall.
Unread 3 May 2004, 02:19   #32
skiddy
wild one

Right, well the supporters, members and finances can in theory come later. Right now we need to get some stuff on paper about what we plan to do etc etc (the Manifesto). I can sort out the money thing, so that's not a problem.

Define Administrative Structure. What will that entail, or is that simply like who deals with what?

I'm not sure when the next local elections are, but I'm thinking it's probably better to go for the ones after that - give some time.

The voting part will be whatever happens on the day. At the end of the day, its a fun experience and if I loose the deposit I'm not that bothered.
Unread 3 May 2004, 02:21   #33
Marilyn Manson
Gone

So you want to run as an independent?
Unread 3 May 2004, 02:23   #34
skiddy
wild one

Quote:
btw, what's our position on The NE? I say we go for independence.
Regional Government? Yeah - its better for the NE if we have a regional government as it will allow us to make decisions for the people of the NE as opposed to following on a lead with whatever Westminster decide to do. It will allow us to implement strategies based on whats happening in our region so we can effectively deal with problems that arise before they spiral.

Or something like that.
Unread 3 May 2004, 02:24   #35
skiddy
wild one

Quote:
So you want to run as an independent?
Yeah.
Unread 3 May 2004, 02:25   #36
Marilyn Manson
Gone

No no, I mean full indepdence. Seccession. The works.
Unread 3 May 2004, 02:27   #37
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Yeah.
Is there any local issue that is particularly vexing to the locals, or is the MP a real shit, anything like that?
Unread 3 May 2004, 02:28   #38
skiddy
wild one

You mean as in declaring the NE as a country in itself?
Unread 3 May 2004, 02:29   #39
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Yeah. I think we should claim Cumbria and Yorkshire all the way to Leeds as well.
Unread 3 May 2004, 02:37   #40
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Anyway, I'm going to bed now to keep my political cunning in peak form.
Unread 3 May 2004, 02:37   #41
skiddy
wild one

That could be slightly ambitious at this stage, although as a long term goal it sounds reasonable for the North East. Perhaps Yorkshite and Cumbria could join of their own accord, but 'claiming' them could be classed as a 'hostile takeover', thus encurring the wrath of the British Armed Forces.

Probably not that much of a good thing.
Unread 3 May 2004, 02:41   #42
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

There's enough northern blockheads in the army that you could recuit for your NE army.
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2004, 02:46   #43
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Devolution is a case of backwards mechanics of chicken shit people scared of the sacrifices of progress.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2004, 09:54   #44
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen
Devolution is a case of backwards mechanics of chicken shit people scared of the sacrifices of progress.
You speak craziness, as usual.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2004, 12:56   #45
Deciduous

Deciduous is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Yeah. I think we should claim Cumbria and Yorkshire all the way to Leeds as well.
Hey wait hang on a second.

Actually complete segregation from the south can't be a bad thing... I'm with you
Deciduous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2004, 15:20   #46
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

this thread delivers
Unread 3 May 2004, 18:27   #47
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Communists parties will never ever work, and everybody's understood it but the Communist Parites.

Like we black devils say, "If voting would change anything, they would make it illegall".
Yeah.
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2004, 18:39   #48
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snurx
Like we black devils say, "If voting would change anything, they would make it illegall". Yeah.
Snurx, you fool, people don't form political parties of this sort to win elections. They enter elections to increase publicity for the cause, and to potentially gague strength of support in a particular region.
Unread 3 May 2004, 18:41   #49
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Snurx, you fool, people don't form political parties of this sort to win elections. They enter elections to increase publicity for the cause, and to potentially gague strength of support in a particular region.

Dante, you oldie, when im young and rebellious, I won't hear more of your babble! Since im a teenager, listen to hardcore-music, and have read at least four books in my life, I know everything, so please shut up!
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2004, 19:13   #50
Marilyn Manson
Gone

I fear that Skiddy was being serious now.