User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 10 Jan 2004, 19:35   #1
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts
Old yet new [Political]

The political compass is back with an update on the questions

Paste what you score people. If needs also be feel free to nitpick the questionairre till your heart sings. For those who have done this before, it's perhaps interesting to see if your political views have shifted any since :P

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -3.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.10

I'd say resaonably accurate.

p.s. Post if you have taken it only in all seriousness. Nobbers who want to abuse the questionairre just to have a rating for attention should be moderated with any luck *nudge nudge wink wink*

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2004, 19:37   #2
Xaphania

Xaphania is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Old yet new [Political]

Economic Left/Right: -7.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.31

Pretty accurate for me as well, around the same as what I got a few years ago.
Xaphania is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2004, 19:37   #3
TheGreenBlob

TheGreenBlob is an unknown quantity at this point

Economic Left/Right: -4.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.10
rd4 - 161:20:4 - globester of deum - TFD
rd5 - 20:16:9 - black carpet of the floor - TFD/FA/hirr/Silver(Ag)
rd6 - 7:3:4 - glubs falling of my hands - Silver/WP
rd7 - 19:7:13 - sorry of i forgot - WP/MDK
rd8 - forgot:/ - eh? :/ - MDK
TheGreenBlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2004, 19:45   #4
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -6.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.05

It would be interesting to see how many of us are similar to each other.
Unread 10 Jan 2004, 19:48   #5
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

<Usual complaints like about the spanking question>

Economic Left/Right: 8.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.38
though I change from day to day.

Also:
http://www.libertarianunderground.com/quiz.php
Total Inefficiency: 36.1%
Authoritarian: 10%
Anarchic: 50%
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2004, 19:54   #6
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This time:

Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.28

Pre-Updated Questionairre One Month Ago:

Economic Left/Right: -4.00
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.38

Compared to two years ago :

Authoritarian/Libertarian: -1.85

Ive remained vaguely similar over the last 2 years.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2004, 20:08   #7
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Economic Left/Right: -4.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.97
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2004, 20:09   #8
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Your political compass
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.72
Unread 10 Jan 2004, 20:13   #9
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

I think we've banned all the righties

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit

Unread 10 Jan 2004, 20:14   #10
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -5.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.00

Gandhi is my man.

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2004, 20:15   #11
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Economic Left/Right: -1.12

didnt cahange much. i think i used to be slightly more libertarian (5.50-6.00)
Unread 10 Jan 2004, 20:17   #12
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax

didnt cahange much. i think i used to be slightly more libertarian (5.50-6.00)
i assume you vote for red?

Unread 10 Jan 2004, 20:20   #13
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Today:
Economic Left/Right: 2.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.03

Last Time:
Economic Left/Right: 3.25
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.26
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2004, 20:27   #14
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Economic Left/Right: -4.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.38

Last time was more -4,-4.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2004, 20:30   #15
Deciduous

Deciduous is an unknown quantity at this point

Economic Left/Right: -7.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.46
Deciduous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2004, 20:31   #16
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin
i assume you vote for red?
how red?
Unread 10 Jan 2004, 20:34   #17
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Economic Left/Right: 1.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.87

I've swung a bit more the Right ( I used to be Left, then dead centre), also I've become a bit more authoritarian.
Unread 10 Jan 2004, 20:38   #18
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough

Our race has many superior qualities, compared to other races.

What race? The human race? The caucasian race?
Superior in what way?

The rich are too highly taxed.

Where?

Our civil liberties are being excessively curbed in the name of counter-terrorism.

Our? Who is "us"?

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: 2.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.85

Seriously, I don't see the relevance of many of the questions, and alot I am sure take my answers the wrong way. I am sure I could answer honestly and get values all over the range, depending on how literal I took the questions, and how much I answered based on the intent of the question.
Unread 10 Jan 2004, 20:42   #19
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

"Many personal fortunes are made by people who simply manipulate money and contribute nothing to their society." is the worst question I think.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2004, 20:45   #20
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by queball

Also:
Quote:
Total Inefficiency: 64%

What it means: A high inefficiency score indicates that you favor policies that make people more unhappy than they could be otherwise.
Hell yeah. It is not the purpose of laws to give people happiness.
Quote:

Anarchic: 90%
Great test, tho the end text is unnecesarilly moderate.
Unread 10 Jan 2004, 20:52   #21
Evergreen
the merciless

Quote:

Also:
Your Results

Total Inefficiency: 53.9%
Authoritarian: 70%
Anarchic: 30%

Unread 10 Jan 2004, 20:54   #22
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -1.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.00

0!??!
Also surprised economic one is negative - very!
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2004, 20:57   #23
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

Also:
51%

60%
40%

Bizarre, given that I didn't choose anything I thought was 'authoritarian', or at least not significantly.
Unread 10 Jan 2004, 21:02   #24
Evergreen
the merciless

Mark's almost like me *squeal*

Unread 10 Jan 2004, 21:09   #25
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

around -3 -3 again
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2004, 21:14   #26
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Total Inefficiency: 71.1%

Anarchic: 100%

The bias of the test is shown though - the question about provision of medical services is merely empirical, not ethical - yet I think that's where my 10% "authotarian" comes from.

edit : I don't do the Political Compass one anymore, last time I got the maximum possible negative scores tho.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2004, 21:23   #27
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Total Inefficiency: 45.3%

Authoritarian: 40%

Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2004, 21:34   #28
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Economic Left/Right: 2.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.26

I think I was further right when I last did this a few months ago.

Your Results

Total Inefficiency: 51%
Authoritarian: 60%
Anarchic: 40%
Unread 10 Jan 2004, 22:15   #29
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Last time i took it, I was about -0.5, -0.5, now -2.38, -0.56 which is probably due to the rewording of some of the questions- a lot of the questions that previously seemed to be asking to agree/disagree with what seemed to me to be an established fact, now have an opinion element in them.
Unread 10 Jan 2004, 22:24   #30
Zharkov
Twang Twang

Zharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud of

Economic Left/Right: -6.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.87

im nelson mandela!
Unread 10 Jan 2004, 22:31   #31
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Economic Left/Right: -0.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.46

Total Inefficiency: 65.2%
Authoritarian: 70%
Anarchic: 60%

Whoa. I'm apparently more Authoritarian than Anarchistic

Last edited by Leshy; 10 Jan 2004 at 22:44.
Leshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2004, 22:32   #32
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -5.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.72
Unread 10 Jan 2004, 22:35   #33
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

i think somehow one the first set of results contradict the second

Economic Left/Right: -2.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.51

Total Inefficiency: 44.7%
Authoritarian: 60%
Anarchic: 20%
Unread 10 Jan 2004, 22:36   #34
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
how red?
kanzler red

Unread 10 Jan 2004, 23:08   #35
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin
kanzler red
thats not all that red, is it? (and crap as he might be, still better than the alternative)
Unread 10 Jan 2004, 23:09   #36
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Economic Left/Right: -8.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -9.33

70%
60%

that second test is stupid. seriously.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 00:02   #37
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Economic Left/Right: -8.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.95

The second test is made by evil, baby-eating capitalists
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 01:35   #38
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute

This time:
Economic Left/Right: -9.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.54

Last month:
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.31

Last august:
Economic Left/Right: -5.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.38

Summer 2002:
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.08

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 01:44   #39
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

It's true. Being part of the PA hierarchy makes you dislike authority.
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 01:45   #40
Deciduous

Quote:
Originally Posted by W
Our race has many superior qualities, compared to other races.

What race? The human race? The caucasian race?
Superior in what way?
Since the questions are directed at you, surely whichever race you are. If you want to get pedantic and compare the human race to a race of half reptile, half simian hermaphrodites then feel free to do so.
What is YOUR definition of superior, and can you apply it to the question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by W
The rich are too highly taxed.

Where?

Our civil liberties are being excessively curbed in the name of counter-terrorism.

Our? Who is "us"?
If you read the FAQ it says:

Some of the propositions are culturally biased

Right. That's why the Compass is being promoted in western democracies. We don't pretend that, for example, the responses of a citizen of a rural region of China can undergo the same evaluation process.
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 01:46   #41
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

either that or when you get older you stop being a cyamsnt
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 02:02   #42
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Economic Left/Right: -4.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.41
(same as last time)

Total Inefficiency: 57%
Authoritarian : 80%
Anarchic : 10%
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 02:17   #43
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Your political compass
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.38

could someone actually explain in really really simple terms what it means? (ps it's ten past 1 in the morning, what the hell am i doing here?)
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 02:19   #44
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
Your political compass
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.38

could someone actually explain in really really simple terms what it means? (ps it's ten past 1 in the morning, what the hell am i doing here?)
Read the site.
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 02:22   #45
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

i have, all it gives me a load of names, half of which i've never heard of or know very little about (especially, like i said just now, at 1 in the morning)
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 02:25   #46
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

It does explain it.

However...

The first one is your economic placing. On one side is (basically) the free market, the other communism (ie individual effort vs collectivism).

The second is to do with state authority (again, basically). At the one end is the facist system, where there are many restrictions on liberty, controlled by the state, at the other end anarchy, with individual choice taking precedence over that of the state.
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 02:34   #47
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.38

Last time was more -4,-4.
you are green
ouch!
Economic Left/Right: -1.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.62
mine
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 03:04   #48
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Did it properly this time:

Economic Left/Right: -2.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 05:47   #49
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deciduous
Since the questions are directed at you, surely whichever race you are. If you want to get pedantic and compare the human race to a race of half reptile, half simian hermaphrodites then feel free to do so.
It's hardly pedantry to see there are multiple uses of the word "race". Ethnicity would have been better if they were trying to tell if you were a racist.
Quote:
Right. That's why the Compass is being promoted in western democracies. We don't pretend that, for example, the responses of a citizen of a rural region of China can undergo the same evaluation process.
Even inside Western Democracies tax rates for high earners vary significantly. Again, they could have simply said "Is a tax rate of 50% too high for the wealthiest in society?" or something like that.

Plus, you can't opt out of the questions. "Are the rich taxed too highly?". I don't support the idea of the rich or taxation. Which box do I tick?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 06:34   #50
Deciduous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
It's hardly pedantry to see there are multiple uses of the word "race". Ethnicity would have been better if they were trying to tell if you were a racist.
If the purpose is to determine if the reader is RACIST, then surely RACE is the perfect word to use.

Quote:
Even inside Western Democracies tax rates for high earners vary significantly. Again, they could have simply said "Is a tax rate of 50% too high for the wealthiest in society?" or something like that.
I suppose it was wrong of them to assume that people might use their brain and perhaps subsititute the country/region where they live/work/etc into this question.

Quote:
Plus, you can't opt out of the questions. "Are the rich taxed too highly?". I don't support the idea of the rich or taxation. Which box do I tick?
Just because you do not support either idea, does not mean they do not currently exist. There are undoubtedly rich people in your country, and they are being taxed. The question is not "do you support taxation". Feel free to invent your own questions though if it makes you feel better.