User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 Apr 2004, 14:18   #1
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
[YAY] Desktop Screenshots Again!

We havnt had one of these for 'yonks'
so

http://jammyjim.doesntexist.com/aprildesktop.jpg

heres mine.

post below

(yes i am bored)
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 14:24   #2
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of
Re: [YAY] Desktop Screenshots Again!

JammyJim, why don't you just go the whole hog and get a Mac?

Here's mine: www.belgy.co.uk/images/desktop130404.png
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 15:01   #3
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

where is the best place for free hosting atm?
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 15:37   #4
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Mine sucks in comparison.

http://www.ap-x.co.uk/pics/desktop.jpg
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 15:39   #5
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Mine sucks more but I have nowhere to host it!
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 15:42   #6
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Stew - are you back in sheffield yet?

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 16:13   #7
Flayer
Wankoverable

Flayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath The Sorcerer
hey I remember that level from my nintendo times

anyway here's mine: http://flayer.toker.be/mydesk.JPG
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 16:23   #8
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
Stew - are you back in sheffield yet?
No I'm not back to the start of term - I would go back this weekend, but I'm off to Tenerife.

(I do however havea library book due back 2moro :/)
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 16:34   #9
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Yeh... whatever... Sorry excuse for a desktop... I'm more into the functional stuff than the looks.
http://www.structweb.com/workfolder/desktop.jpg
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 16:46   #10
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
Yeh... whatever... Sorry excuse for a desktop... I'm more into the functional stuff than the looks.
Hot diggidy din - that is a functional desktop innit!!
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 16:48   #11
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
<3
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 16:50   #12
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

mine sucks
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 17:06   #13
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Backgrounds are for losers.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 17:09   #14
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

what's that useful looking toolbar that both MrL and Structural Integrity have?
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 17:10   #15
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Winbar
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 17:13   #16
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Winbar
"ta" typed 1-X as he started the download.
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 17:15   #17
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
"ta" typed 1-X as he started the download.
MrL considers this third person talk to be rather noir.
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 17:17   #18
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

I was about to ask the same thing, it looks rather ace.

I shall get it this coming eve.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 17:32   #19
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

samurize is better
tis more customizable.
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 17:38   #20
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
Hot diggidy din - that is a functional desktop innit!!

Windows' active desktop is quite powerful really. You can make anything in the desktop you can make in interweb explorer. I haven't tried if you have write/read access with javascript to files from the desktop, though I wouldn't be surprised if you had. Someone in my class has interweb radio on his desktop . Though I have winamp and my winbar.
Strokeit (mouse gestures for Windows) is also very recommendable if you want to put some time in it. You can configure it in such a way that you can control any application from any place. For example I can forward my winamp with a gesture without even touching winamp itself.
At work I configured my strokeit in such a way that I (in theory) can program in Visual C++ with only my mouse .
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 18:34   #21
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

Here's mine (635kb)

http://www.wbbstyles.com/attachment....entid=407&sid=
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 18:43   #22
1-X
overtired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
Access to this page has been denied for one of the following reasons:
You are not logged in. Some pages are restricted to users only. To login, fill in the information below. To register, click here.
Your account is closed or not activated. Please contact the Administrator in this case.
You are trying to access a page restricted to certain user groups. You do not have permission to enter this page.
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 19:14   #23
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough

slightly weighty, but oh well
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 19:31   #24
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

mine
(i know thats a linux-wallpaper, but who cares? i like it)
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 19:37   #25
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough

left side program bar...that'd drive me nuts heh
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 19:40   #26
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

at work they say the same, but i got used to it. now i dont get along if its anywhere else.

(so that dyndns-thing seems to work )
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 22:19   #27
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
mine
(i know thats a linux-wallpaper, but who cares? i like it)
Sacred is

schon durch?

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 22:21   #28
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Those winamp buttons (if that is what they are) are a slap in the face to pretty much every single advancement in effective GUI design made within the last 25 years.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 22:38   #29
JammyJim
Godfather

i wanted tiny ones above the name/percentage of thing listened too but as of yet havnt bothered to add them in so im using someone elses design.

it does save having to look for winamp tho.
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 22:56   #30
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I bet you never ever use them to control winamp. Its probably the worst size and location possible to use with control buttons :/
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 23:09   #31
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute

My desktop currently looks like this

The background's here if anyone wants it.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 23:09   #32
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

i want a cool desktop too
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2004, 23:10   #33
JammyJim
Godfather

actually i use them all the time.

however yes they are hideously big.
Unread 14 Apr 2004, 01:38   #34
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

Mine is fairly boring I guess
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2004, 01:45   #35
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nondescript Human
my god..enough icons? heh
Unread 14 Apr 2004, 01:49   #36
JammyJim
Godfather

thats one hell of a lot of icons you have there...

and to answer noddy :

http://jammyjim.doesntexist.com/noddeskapril.jpg

thats done in samurize now. ive got a 'mini' version too but i quitel ike the buttons being visible etc
Unread 14 Apr 2004, 01:56   #37
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

there can never be too many icons.
except maybe when they cover the entire screen
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2004, 01:56   #38
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

That was done a while ago as an experiment about what can be done with Active Desktop-ery. Still sits there though. Was planning on ripping off the SphereXP concept but making it, you know, 'work' at some point but that's blue-sky thinking or so I'm told.
Unread 14 Apr 2004, 01:59   #39
Nodrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
thats one hell of a lot of icons you have there...

and to answer noddy :

http://jammyjim.doesntexist.com/noddeskapril.jpg

thats done in samurize now. ive got a 'mini' version too but i quitel ike the buttons being visible etc
Thats even worse, the point wasnt that the buttons were too big; they were too small, they didnt bleed into the side of the screen, and now youve not even got them in a corner. The idea of good point-and-click design is that you should be able to click on something with very little effort whatsoever - theres no way you could land your mouse pointer over those buttons in one movement; youd have to fiddle around for quite a few seconds before you were able to actually click one of them.
Unread 14 Apr 2004, 09:31   #40
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin
Sacred is

schon durch?
how can anyone possibly finish it? that must take weeks if not month, given the size of that map.
but yes, its . ascaron makes lots of games. im waiting for port royale II
Unread 14 Apr 2004, 11:56   #41
JammyJim
Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Thats even worse, the point wasnt that the buttons were too big; they were too small, they didnt bleed into the side of the screen, and now youve not even got them in a corner. The idea of good point-and-click design is that you should be able to click on something with very little effort whatsoever - theres no way you could land your mouse pointer over those buttons in one movement; youd have to fiddle around for quite a few seconds before you were able to actually click one of them.

how long does it take to click winamp on the taskbar. then find where its poppued up. Then hit the button usually?

Surely having a few 'well used' buttons on the task bar is a far better alternative.
Unread 14 Apr 2004, 13:06   #42
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Hooray for keyboard media shortcuts.
Unread 14 Apr 2004, 13:26   #43
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
We havnt had one of these for 'yonks'
so

http://jammyjim.doesntexist.com/aprildesktop.jpg

heres mine.

post below

(yes i am bored)

aha - jammy whats that thing at the bottom, ive been looking for that for quite a while but didnt know the name

in fact just generally what mod are you using because im getting bored of the apple mod (mac os X mod im using), yours looks much nicer

oh and:

http://www.burgesshouse.f2s.com/pub/background.jpg

ty

Last edited by Zar; 14 Apr 2004 at 13:44.
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2004, 13:46   #44
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

mine is here
Unread 14 Apr 2004, 14:19   #45
JammyJim
Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
aha - jammy whats that thing at the bottom, ive been looking for that for quite a while but didnt know the name

in fact just generally what mod are you using because im getting bored of the apple mod (mac os X mod im using), yours looks much nicer

oh and:

http://www.burgesshouse.f2s.com/pub/background.jpg

ty

Ok to make windows look 'cooler' download Flyakite5.1 from
http://www.osx-e.com/carbonfiber/FlyakiteSP151.exe

Im using windowfx for the shadows on the windows.

Windowblinds or StyleXP should be able to give you a good theme thing. Look for the 'milk' theme. Youll also need to get OBFont from Crni and manually modify a windowblinds theme so that it uses that in the taskbar instead of lucida grande. OR if your really wanting to make it look like a mac download Objectbar from stardock and use one of crni's themes found at http://free-st.htnet.hr/crni/Index.html

http://www.aqua-soft.org and http://www.aquaxp.com/forums are good places to start looking for stuff. So is http://www.osx-e.com

The dock at the bottom is called Yzdock. Its available somewhere although youll have to do some hunting for it now. Apple sued the maker and all distribution has been halted. A few sites still have it. Alternatively you could use avedesk or objectdock. Both do the same thing. I think Yzdock just has a smaller memory print.

The icons i got from all over the place. Most of them are available at deviantart. I got the full panther suite from somewhere which has a good thousand icons for pretty much every app you could ever need.
Unread 14 Apr 2004, 14:20   #46
JammyJim
Godfather

oh word of warning. Flyakite will replace all of your windows system files. Obviously you can unisntall but you might want to look at some screenshots first...

http://flyakite.msfnhosting.com/osx/
http://flyakite.msfnhosting.com/osx/screenshots.htm
Unread 14 Apr 2004, 14:56   #47
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

yes, let me replace my PC with a mac look...blah. all that white hurts the eyes.
Unread 14 Apr 2004, 14:59   #48
JammyJim
Godfather

you dont have to have a white style. they do black,grey, cappucino coloured etc etc.

all the colours of the rainbow
Unread 14 Apr 2004, 15:06   #49
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Grrr, self-hating PC owners.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2004, 15:14   #50
*donkie*
Affectionate Nickname

*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light

JammyJim is a god.