User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 8 Feb 2004, 00:56   #1
BeeKiller
Theh Muffin Man \o/

BeeKiller is a jewel in the roughBeeKiller is a jewel in the roughBeeKiller is a jewel in the rough
Red Bull Can Kill!!!

I don't know if any of you, like my friends and i, drink loads of red bull and other random energy drinks but we managed to work out how to kill yourself with red bull. Drink 52 cans and you'll have had enough caffine for it to be lethal, however is it even possible to drink that much without the earlier cans contents going through your system? I know your stomach can't hold anywhere near 52 cans of redbull, 12 litres, so is our theory flawed in the sense that you could never actually commit suicide, or even generously murder (52 cans costs a lot!) someone with red bull?
R4: Seal left to ReCon then TRT (ReBorn)
R5-8: Don't remember exact order, but, ReBorn, Silver, Legends
R9: Didn't Play
R9.5-11: FAnG Defence Genius & later HC
R12: LCH Defence Genius
R13 and beyond: Angels Genius
BeeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2004, 00:58   #2
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Red Bull Can Kill!!!

Eat a whole tray of pro plus in one go and spend the next day lying in bed shaking and afraid to turn over cause it will be too much for your stomach to take and will lead to you throwing up.

But it never killed me.
Ebany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2004, 00:58   #3
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

<@Superfly> http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=175107 << discuss, or i'll murder u with caffine :P

yes
[/discussion]
;P
Appocomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2004, 00:59   #4
Jezz84
DDK

Jezz84 is an unknown quantity at this point

96 proplus is the lethal dosage too
a student worked it out and then comitted suicide

was in the papers - seemed appropriate to tell us the ammount?

DDK - Death Defying Killaz
JoV - Joy of Villainy
FAnG - Furious Angels Next Generation
Eclipse - Eclipse
CT- Conspiracy Theory
VS - Volkstaat
Urwins - Urwins
NoX - NoX

Jezz84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2004, 01:20   #5
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You're assuming that caffine = water, for the purposes of absorbance and removal, which is obviously incorrect.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2004, 01:24   #6
BeeKiller
Theh Muffin Man \o/

BeeKiller is a jewel in the roughBeeKiller is a jewel in the roughBeeKiller is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
You're assuming that caffine = water, for the purposes of absorbance and removal, which is obviously incorrect.
true, but is it physically possible to drink 12 litres of red bull and absorb all the caffine before any of it is used and therefore no longer in your system?
Unread 8 Feb 2004, 01:26   #7
Jezz84
DDK

Jezz84 is an unknown quantity at this point

i read a report on it sumwhere it takes ages for the caffine to enter ur system and to leave ur system dunno if u cud drink 12 liters tho

DDK - Death Defying Killaz
JoV - Joy of Villainy
FAnG - Furious Angels Next Generation
Eclipse - Eclipse
CT- Conspiracy Theory
VS - Volkstaat
Urwins - Urwins
NoX - NoX

Jezz84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2004, 01:29   #8
KraKto$is8
Lurker

KraKto$is8 is infamous around these parts

It takes ~10g of caffeine to kill someone.
Unread 8 Feb 2004, 01:40   #9
BeeKiller
Theh Muffin Man \o/

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraKto$is8
It takes ~10g of caffeine to kill someone.
having googled this you seem to be right, my friend seems to have told me the wrong amount, he thought it was 4g! so ~130 cans of red bull to overdose!
Unread 8 Feb 2004, 02:17   #10
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

Actually the ammout i saw on a discovery programme was 1g or one drop.
You could find that in 100 coffee cups
Unread 8 Feb 2004, 02:34   #11
Deciduous

Deciduous is an unknown quantity at this point

You would probably die from water intoxication or ruptured internals before the caffeine got you.
Deciduous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2004, 03:11   #12
KraKto$is8
Lurker

1g of caffeine shouldn't kill you. If that was true I'd already be dead.
In a strong cup of coffee there's about 130mg of caffeine. Tea can range from 30mg-170mg, depending on variety and how you brew it.
Unread 8 Feb 2004, 04:12   #13
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

speed is the way to go...

4 cans of red bull in a few hours makes me pace uncontrollably, never had much more than that.

52 cans does seem a HELLUVA lot to drink though
Unread 8 Feb 2004, 04:26   #14
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute

A can of red bull contains 80mg of caffeine, whereas an average cup of coffee contains 85mg.
Tea contains 40mg, so two of those and you're red bulled up.
So there you have it.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2004, 05:17   #15
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

a cup of coffee contains the same amount of caffeine as red bull?

that seems very strange to me as red bull has far more of an effect on me. Maybe its that taurine stuff... whatever it is...
Unread 8 Feb 2004, 07:03   #16
meaple
Pretend Faggot

meaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the rough

How much caffeine in Bawls then?

[ ripper ] I told u I was hardcore
meaple is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2004, 08:17   #17
Crackmonkey
monkey on crack

Crackmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

You could just cut/break one can in half and use the sharp edges to cut yourself. Or you could just ask someone to beat you to death with the can.

By the way bawls has 80 mg/12 oz. according to this. Apparently Mountain Dew doesn't have caffeine in Canada, is that true?
Unread 8 Feb 2004, 08:50   #18
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackmonkey
You could just cut/break one can in half and use the sharp edges to cut yourself. Or you could just ask someone to beat you to death with the can.
or just swallow it while still in the can and choke to death
Unread 8 Feb 2004, 09:04   #19
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
a cup of coffee contains the same amount of caffeine as red bull?

that seems very strange to me as red bull has far more of an effect on me. Maybe its that taurine stuff... whatever it is...
Depends on the cup of coffee and how it was prepared. Instant for example has far less than a brewed cup. Also, though taurine and guarana are chemically simular to caffeine it may be broken down slightly differently for each person. I'm the opposite, coffee has an instant effect on me but I feel no different after an energy drink such as redbull. <>

Also, lethal dose for caffeine varies according to body weight. <>

The most I've ever had personally was 4 cups of strong coffee in 30 minutes which would have been ~400-520mg caffeine. Though I didn't feel ill I was certainly out of it and my pulse was mega and not really a feeling I'm looking to repeat.
Unread 8 Feb 2004, 11:05   #20
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Coffee doesn't really make me feel any more awake when i drink it, I only notice the effects when I try to go to bed, feeling really tired but unable to sleep.
Unread 8 Feb 2004, 12:12   #21
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

caffeine doesn't affect anything and is just a poor excuse
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2004, 19:17   #22
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

humm
10g then... thats a lot
livin' n' learnin'
Unread 9 Feb 2004, 00:38   #23
KraKto$is8
Lurker

Quote:
Apparently Mountain Dew doesn't have caffeine in Canada, is that true?
Yup. In Canada, caffeinated beverages have to be brown.
Unread 9 Feb 2004, 02:03   #24
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I'd presume you'd puke up alot of the Red Bull before you'd ever get near killing yourself. 10g,jesus thats alot.

I find coffee perks me up and energy drinks just make my heart pound and make me sweat.
I drink alot of Tea though,actually I made the mistake of drinking two cups about half an hour ago so I'm not gettin to sleep any time soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebany
...whole tray of Pro Plus...
Holy crap,any particular reason for that? How many in the tray? 16?
Unread 9 Feb 2004, 02:12   #25
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

hmm

also, pro plus doesnt have much an effect on me, which is a shame, as its so cheap.

i have snorted pro plus before though, and i THINK it had an effect on me, not sure though, there was other stuff in my system at the time.
Unread 9 Feb 2004, 02:20   #26
Crackmonkey
monkey on crack

Crackmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraKto$is8
Yup. In Canada, caffeinated beverages have to be brown.

Well that makes a whole lot of sense. Any idea why?
Unread 9 Feb 2004, 03:04   #27
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Apparently Mountain Dew doesn't have caffeine in Canada, is that true?

It doesn't contain caffeine in Australia either, the majority of the US imports we get have all the fun stuff removed from them.
Unread 9 Feb 2004, 04:00   #28
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
i have snorted pro plus before though
]

Ouch surely?

I always get the soggy biscuit

Veni Vidi Codi
SbOlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2004, 08:33   #29
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod
Holy crap,any particular reason for that? How many in the tray? 16?
There were 12 in there, and it was to try to keep me awake. It rarely worked, it just made me feel 100x worse in the morning.
Ebany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2004, 11:31   #30
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I could do with a red bull drip right now.

pro plus just makes me jittery and stops me sleeping, doesn't make me any less tired.
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2004, 17:30   #31
KraKto$is8
Lurker

Quote:
Well that makes a whole lot of sense. Any idea why?
I believe the twisted logic behind it is "so the public know that if a beverage isn't brown it doesn't contain caffeine." Conventionally, caffeine was only in tea, coffee, and cola, all brown, but recently there have been non-brown caffeine drinks (like mountain dew, irn bru etc). It's as if the Canadian government think their people are a bunch of idiots who can't read "ingredients" labels.
Unread 9 Feb 2004, 18:24   #32
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

I heard the stupid French are banning it

lol.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2004, 03:13   #33
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeKiller
I don't know if any of you, like my friends and i, drink loads of red bull and other random energy drinks but we managed to work out how to kill yourself with red bull. Drink 52 cans and you'll have had enough caffine for it to be lethal, however is it even possible to drink that much without the earlier cans contents going through your system? I know your stomach can't hold anywhere near 52 cans of redbull, 12 litres, so is our theory flawed in the sense that you could never actually commit suicide, or even generously murder (52 cans costs a lot!) someone with red bull?
Yes, caffinee like other drugs you can OD on. Congrats on just figuring this out. I believe its like 60 cups of coffee to OD.
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2004, 03:58   #34
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SbOlly
]

Ouch surely?
snorting always hurts And it leaves a nasty taste just at the back of your throat for ages.

snorting pro plus is great though, there is probably some crazy way to change it to a liquid and inject it too. Instant high.
Unread 10 Feb 2004, 14:02   #35
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

red bull is overpriced shit
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2004, 17:57   #36
KraKto$is8
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
I heard the stupid French are banning it
I think the intelligent French are banning it too