User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 31 Jan 2004, 16:35   #1
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
I Hate My Retarded Son

I don't have one, but seriously I'm worried that I would if I had one. I can't imagine I'd be very accepting if my son turned out to be retarded, and it makes me worry that i'm a horrible person. I see other people who have had retarded children, and raise them well and dedicate their lives to his/her welfare. But I don't think I could do it, and if I did I know I'd be a little bitter* about the whole thing.

would you be okay with that? is it just me? I get frustrated with grad students on a daily basis. I'm perhaps the most impatient person in the world.

*hate that little tard's guts
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2004, 16:42   #2
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future
Re: I Hate My Retarded Son

i know what you mean. However you're not a parent yet, and from what ive seen and heard, that when you get a child a whole new"bond" will be created. Right now you can speculate about hating something you've never had, but i think when you're old enough to parent and old enough to father your OWN child, you'll look upon him/her with mroe love even if they are retard.

I don't want children tho :/
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2004, 16:43   #3
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i think the same thing. A friend of one of my mums friends has a retarded kid called Gerard. Its not Gerard i feel sorry for, hes perfectly happy, as he has no concept of many unhappy things - its his mother, who looks constantly tired, distraught, etc.

No, i couldnt deal with it myself. But i suppose someone will tell you "its different when they are yours" or something, parenthood is hard to comprehend until you experience it

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2004, 16:50   #4
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

I'd hate to have a retarded kid, for their sake and my own.

I've seen the way I look down on retards, and I'd probably think differently if it was mine, but it would still be scorned upon by other children, which is understandable. Unfortunately some kids are harsher than me and would take the piss directly, and the spastic wouldn't be developed to take it normally.

And for me, well, the 10 times extra work would be really harsh.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2004, 17:31   #5
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Well I guess your not unique in thinking that but you never know what you'll think unless the situation arrises in real life.
My aunts sister (no relation to me) has a girl with downs syndrome. The kid is obliviously happy all the time and actually a really nice kid. I worried how I'd react to her but that all seems distant now. Sure she takes looking after more than other kids but her parents love her.

Just dont worry about it.
Unread 31 Jan 2004, 17:48   #6
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by acropolis
I don't have one, but seriously I'm worried that I would if I had one. I can't imagine I'd be very accepting if my son turned out to be retarded, and it makes me worry that i'm a horrible person. I see other people who have had retarded children, and raise them well and dedicate their lives to his/her welfare. But I don't think I could do it, and if I did I know I'd be a little bitter* about the whole thing.

would you be okay with that? is it just me? I get frustrated with grad students on a daily basis. I'm perhaps the most impatient person in the world.

*hate that little tard's guts
I'd be happy with the thought that all the time I waste raising him lowers the chances of me passing on my retard genes to the generation after next.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2004, 20:00   #7
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You could always put him/her up for adoption.

also lolling at queball
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2004, 23:30   #8
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

I find it a little bit unfair to spend a lot of money raising something that will never give anything back to the society while there are lots of poor people around which need attention.
Unread 31 Jan 2004, 23:39   #9
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: I Hate My Retarded Son

There's so many things that can go wrong with children besides retardation: disease and accidents to name two... then there's psychological and antisocial behavior problems... then there's the one every parent dreads: the child who grows up but never leaves home.

If you're going to focus on everything that could wrong you probably shouldn't have children; or get out of bed for that matter.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2004, 23:42   #10
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

Use a condom :Cool:
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 02:26   #11
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Morte
I find it a little bit unfair to spend a lot of money raising something that will never give anything back to the society
I doubt most people choose to spend their time based on purely what will give something to the society as you put it.

Plus, even if your child is retarded it could still make some sort of achievement.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 03:32   #12
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I find it a little bit unfair to spend a lot of money raising something that will never give anything back to the society while there are lots of poor people around which need attention.
Yet you waste time on the internet, when you could be giving them attention.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 04:34   #13
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Voted Stephen Hawking for death.
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 10:56   #14
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

lol@jbg

I suppose i'd love him, but kind of be sick that he's not normal.
All depends how retarded he was. Some of the greatest mind of all time have been autistic and heavily dyslexic though. Which is seen as being retarded amoung quite a few.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 12:32   #15
Deciduous

Deciduous is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Oddly enough he's not retarded, and was confined to a wheelchair some time after leaving the care of his parents (after his Ph.D)
Deciduous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 12:41   #16
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute

Stephen Hawking has motor neurone disease, he wasn't born like that.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 14:00   #17
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Apparently he got beat up by his wife. I died laughing.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 15:26   #18
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Yet you waste time on the internet, when you could be giving them attention.
I dont waste. This makes me a better person.
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 15:36   #19
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I dont waste. This makes me a better person.
If it matters, I think in the estimate of most people, caring for a retarded child makes you a "better person".

If I met two people (equal in every other way) (1) who had spent several years single handedly raising a child with special needs, and (2) who had spent some time posting about how chicks wouldn't have sex with him, I'm pretty sure who I'd rate as worthier.
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 16:42   #20
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

I only hope you could forget about stereotypes.
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 16:47   #21
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Seconded.
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 16:54   #22
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I doubt most people choose to spend their time based on purely what will give something to the society as you put it.
This is why people are too selfish for commumist utopia
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 16:54   #23
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
I only hope you could forget about stereotypes.
The comment would equally apply to someone who discussed evolution or communism (lo me) on a forum too.
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 16:58   #24
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante Hicks

if you work or study you are already contributing to society
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 17:04   #25
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
[/i]

if you work or study you are already contributing to society
I know of noone, ever, who has an office job and took it because it was 'good for society!'
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 17:06   #26
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
This is why people are too selfish for commumist utopia
It's all . The mind control ray will solve that one.
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 17:07   #27
Nodrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
I know of noone, ever, who has an office job and took it because it was 'good for society!'
I know of noone, ever, who bought a new car because it was good for the economy.
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 17:09   #28
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
If you work or study you are already contributing to society
So it's OK to look after your retarded son if you do it in your spare time, yeah?

edit : I'm not sure if you can realistically say people studying contribute a lot to society. They may eventually do so, but they're generally "net recepients" whatever that means.
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 17:18   #29
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
I know of noone, ever, who bought a new car because it was good for the economy.
Yep. People don't do things like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante
is the issue.