User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 Dec 2003, 13:33   #1
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
keiko

so that stupid fish is finally dead, but not before people waste 20 million on freeing him.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3315519.stm
i wonder if he would still be alive if people would not have tryed to 'free' him and how many enviromental projects could have succeeded with that money.

im just happy that finding nemo is an animation film. else people would have spend x million to free a stupid goldfish.

PS i do know that a whale isnt a fish, but that doesnt change anything.
Unread 13 Dec 2003, 13:45   #2
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: keiko

Ha. Stupid dead whale.
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 06:55   #3
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts

The headline of my next article:

Nordic scum slay beloved movie star fish
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 08:28   #4
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

Mr Phillips said it had still not been decided whether he should be buried on land or at sea.

"My preference would be to bury him on land," he said.

"If you bury him on land we could still recover his skeleton and that might have some value in a museum or something, but that is still being worked out."

ew fs
hasn't the poor thing suffered enough?
it's all about money isn't it :\
he's a sea mammal.. throw him in the ocean and let the sharks have him
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 15:26   #5
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I belive nobody is free untill everybody is free, and that includes animals, so freeing a animal is not stupid.
However, the method was quite stupid. And, there are more important issues at hand then freeing some big whale.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 15:36   #6
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

That article made me sad
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 15:45   #7
Insane. Badger
Baby Eating Capitalist

Insane. Badger can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
so that stupid fish is finally dead, but not before people waste 20 million on freeing him.
How the hell does it cost $20 million to throw a bloody fish in the sea?
I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I traveled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer. - Benjamin Franklin
Insane. Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 15:48   #8
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snurx
I belive nobody is free untill everybody is free, and that includes animals
So I'll always be opressed until all the chickens are freed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryn
hasn't the poor thing suffered enough?
It's dead, I think it's "suffering" is pretty much over.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 17:09   #9
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: keiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Report
The six-ton whale
Fat bastard.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 17:20   #10
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
So I'll always be opressed until all the chickens are freed?
Will you feel completely free untill every human being is free? I wont, and (for me) it's the same whit all kind of oppression, be it chickens, humans or aliens.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 17:25   #11
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Will you feel completely free untill every human being is free?
No, but chickens (or dogs, etc) aren't human beings. Dogs, cats, plants, rocks, etc can't be "oppressed" in the sense humans (or intelligent aliens) can.
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 17:32   #12
Snurx
Dirte

"The act of oppressing; arbitrary and cruel exercise of power"
They can. Just beacause they can't voice their opinions in our "democratic" ways, does not mean that they can't feel pain, for instance. Or, that they like companionship. Putting them in cages, and analyelectrocuting them for their fur so that rich ladies can feel even more luxurius, is oppression. At least i feel that way. Is that right? Is it right to put chickens in those tiny cages and kill them by using horrible means to create a "better" and more efficient butchering system?
Of course, the struggle for free humans is more important (for me).
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 17:42   #13
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute

He's only a whale, no use blubbering about it

(sorry, couldn't resist)

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 17:51   #14
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Stupid Euros, whales are mammals.

Lets see know what PETA is crying about.
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 17:54   #15
Intrepid00

Well, I found nothing about the stupid dead whale.

Though I did find something surely to piss of the Catholics.

http://www.goveg.com/feat/a-immaculate.html
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 17:59   #16
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Is it right to put chickens in those tiny cages and kill them by using horrible means to create a "better" and more efficient butchering system?
Yes.
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 23:17   #17
Snurx
Dirte

Why?
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 23:53   #18
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Needs more Homer
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 00:59   #19
Intrepid00

Glad to see I am not the only one pleased with the results.
Quote:
Subject: Re: That Stupid "Free Willy" whale died

YES!!!

[email protected]
http://maddox.xmission.com

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003, Richard wrote:

> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3315519.stm
>
> What a waste of 20 million dollars.
>