User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 3 Feb 2011, 16:43   #51
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold
Re: PT 403, ND Stands Alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
I would but my trustworthy sources inform me your mother had sex with a goat to produce you and my mother always told me to never trust goat-people
Calling Theam a goat is a bit harsh.

And it's always nice to see people moaning about how they stoped hitting an alliance too early. You always search someone to blame. Instead whining on the forums you should look back and learn from your mistakes. God, AD is like a re-run of most of the rounds 3x.
Unread 3 Feb 2011, 17:06   #52
Demort
Anarchy Shadow

Demort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really nice

well nd asking rock to hit ct as soon as we stopped hitting app which we declined and hit ct anyway but that's besides the point we knew from then that nd was not to be trusted true the fake logs didn't help and i was also ct the round nd screwed us so yeah i got bad blood with nd and i was already having hard time trusting them.

as to be honest nd don't deserve 2nd which is all they will get if they lucky this round as true rock came into this round aiming for 5th and we still on for that goal its a training and building process we wanted to have fun and so far this round has been fun.

if nd hadn't asked us to hit ct and simply hit nd then asked for our help we could have helped then as we would see that as not backstabbing ct as we felt we was helping ct at that point and to talk behind a friends back is dishonest.

EX

Legion, Fury, Xanadu, Wolfpack, NoS, TSU, LKSAB, Vgn, F-Crew, CT, Insomnia, Angels, VsN, Gross, Osiris, ROCK, XvX, Faceless, Unsullied, Haven, Carisan, RaGe, Carnage, Kittenz and EC

Currently

In ODDR Command
Demort is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2011, 17:16   #53
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demort View Post
and i was also ct the round nd screwed us so yeah i got bad blood with nd and i was already having hard time trusting them
Which round?
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2011, 17:19   #54
Demort
Anarchy Shadow

Demort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really nice

ask a ct'er ive been around so long it feels like i been playing 1 long round now forever

EX

Legion, Fury, Xanadu, Wolfpack, NoS, TSU, LKSAB, Vgn, F-Crew, CT, Insomnia, Angels, VsN, Gross, Osiris, ROCK, XvX, Faceless, Unsullied, Haven, Carisan, RaGe, Carnage, Kittenz and EC

Currently

In ODDR Command
Unread 3 Feb 2011, 17:23   #55
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

If you're referring to r38, it was CT who back stabbed ND.
Unread 3 Feb 2011, 18:09   #56
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
well nd asking rock to hit ct as soon as we stopped hitting app which we declined and hit ct anyway but that's besides the point we knew from then that nd was not to be trusted true the fake logs didn't help and i was also ct the round nd screwed us so yeah i got bad blood with nd and i was already having hard time trusting them.

as to be honest nd don't deserve 2nd which is all they will get if they lucky this round as true rock came into this round aiming for 5th and we still on for that goal its a training and building process we wanted to have fun and so far this round has been fun.

if nd hadn't asked us to hit ct and simply hit nd then asked for our help we could have helped then as we would see that as not backstabbing ct as we felt we was helping ct at that point and to talk behind a friends back is dishonest.
Ok, someones being dishonest here and i dont think its ND...

Lets look at rocks reasons for ending the block:
ND and CT planned to backstab Rock.
ND planned to backstab CT but Rock refused.
CT planned to backstab ND but rock refused.
Rock is just playing for fun and went where the roids were.

4 distinctly different reasons, surprisingly all put Rock in a positive light! I think at the end of the day, you're struggling to realise the reason you ended the block as you ended it for multiple conflicting reasons based on rumours.

Rock doesnt deserve 5th this round, you'll get it not due to any skill or any decisions but simply due to your higher membercount. You've got to be the worst alliance in history to finish below 5th (unless theres an overwelming force constantly hitting you with that aim). So in effect, Rock is happy they were able to finish in the last place they could possibly finish? That doesnt absolutly awesome for a top-tiered alliance and as Assassin has said multiple times, thats what rock is.

You also say, you did what you did to 'help' CT? that sounds odd, considering the first target you picked when you ended the block was CT?

Im also facepalming that you said that this is a 'building' round for Rock, its almost as if you've took the entire CT playbook from there failrounds and decided to use it as your basis for politics. Which is everytime you fail, just say its a rebuilding round!
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

Last edited by Light; 3 Feb 2011 at 18:14.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2011, 18:58   #57
Donar

Donar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post

4 distinctly different reasons, surprisingly all put Rock in a positive light! I think at the end of the day, you're struggling to realise the reason you ended the block as you ended it for multiple conflicting reasons based on rumours.

Rock doesnt deserve 5th this round, you'll get it not due to any skill or any decisions but simply due to your higher membercount. You've got to be the worst alliance in history to finish below 5th (unless theres an overwelming force constantly hitting you with that aim). So in effect, Rock is happy they were able to finish in the last place they could possibly finish? That doesnt absolutly awesome for a top-tiered alliance and as Assassin has said multiple times, thats what rock is.

You also say, you did what you did to 'help' CT? that sounds odd, considering the first target you picked when you ended the block was CT?

Im also facepalming that you said that this is a 'building' round for Rock, its almost as if you've took the entire CT playbook from there failrounds and decided to use it as your basis for politics. Which is everytime you fail, just say its a rebuilding round!
I like the one where rock comes out best, stop being emo and start playing yourselves, being oddr HC we joined a CT/ND block for one round, and only thing they did was target our members after they couldn't land. Strange that we haven't had the same problem with app the past rounds.
Unread 3 Feb 2011, 19:45   #58
Clouds

If Apprime fall, ROCK/ODDR will fall also.

Did ROCK/ODDR pick the right side? Hmm.

Last edited by Clouds; 3 Feb 2011 at 19:57.
Unread 3 Feb 2011, 19:57   #59
Donar

Donar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
If Apprime falls, ROCK/ODDR will fall with them.
Atleast it would be in good company
Unread 3 Feb 2011, 20:54   #60
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:

Have you delibretley ignoring my post replies to you? I pasted ROCKs round history ending in the top 10, which pointed out rock has ended 3rd as its highest rank. I noticed you didnt comment on this as before hand you claimed you doubted ROCK had even ended in the top 5? And as i said before in a previous post too i am getting sick and tired of your stupid campagne to make ROCK look like the alliance which ruined the round. ROCK has ALWAYS been known for its honesty in pollitics, have you read the pa wiki on ROCKs history yet which i told you too?

Also as i mentioned above YOUR HC started all this (Newdawn) pasting logs of Conspiracy HC so as i said before stop commenting on somthing you know sod all about light. As your really just repeating yourself and now sound like CBA (ie a typical troll)

You have shown 0 respect on this forum for ROCK which as i said was around before you even graced us with your PA presence. You told me on IRC you were actually impressed with the way ROCK did attacks/defence (although last night i think anyone can see our defence was terrible which i am happy to admit as i am HONEST!) but when it comes to the forums and public you seem intent on bad mouthing ROCK with every chance you get. ROCK even had at one point the top 4 planets for a fair chunk... but of course this means nothing for a 'training' alliance as you put it. Give it a rest Light as your like a broken biased record and for the love of god as i told the other guys who pmed me go speak to your HC (perticulary DZ) and ask him why ROCK might of stopped trusting both of the alliances... see what he says. ie ACTUAL FACTS!

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2011, 21:09   #61
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I can only imagine that anything said by DZ that was actually relevant to what everyone's talking about was idle speculation at best. Of course people are going to talk about possible plans. I used to make plans for situations that hadn't even happened yet. As should be fairly obvious to anyone with two functioning brain cells to rub together it's totally irrelevant though.

Think about it, a little over a week ago ND, CT and ROCK all felt they needed to team up to hit apprime. Although apprime lost some roids and a bit of ground they're already back ahead of CT on average roids. Does anyone in rock actually think they'd get backstabbed now, or in the near future, given we're back in the same situation again? Why would either ND or CT backstab rock anyways? There'd be nothing to gain and lots to lose.

In the end I think it comes down to priorities. I don't think rock, or oddr for that matter, care about #1. Or care enough to actually do anything about it.

Assassin, here are some 'actual facts' for you. Rock were the ones to pull out of the agreement. Rock targeted CT and then ND on consecutive nights after doing so. It's not exactly surprising that people might not be best pleased with this.
Unread 3 Feb 2011, 21:35   #62
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
Have you delibretley ignoring my post replies to you? I pasted ROCKs round history ending in the top 10, which pointed out rock has ended 3rd as its highest rank. I noticed you didnt comment on this as before hand you claimed you doubted ROCK had even ended in the top 5? And as i said before in a previous post too i am getting sick and tired of your stupid campagne to make ROCK look like the alliance which ruined the round. ROCK has ALWAYS been known for its honesty in pollitics, have you read the pa wiki on ROCKs history yet which i told you too?
Ok, in #planetation when you was arguing that Rock was a top-tiered alliance and i said i doubted that they were top-tiered for the majority of rounds.. I then asked if they had ever ended 1st? Now, a top-tiered alliance which has been around in PA for most of its history would of at least finished 1st once? but no, i find out.. that they've finished 3rd? once? and you're trying to use that as an argument that Rock is and always was a top-tiered alliance?

Yes, ive tried to make Rock look like the alliance which ruined the round by stating that Rock pulled out of a block which was needed to stop Apprime from winning. Im not denying that.

However, I dont understand your honesty in politics? Im not saying you lied about pulling out of the block and are actually in it? or that you lied about being in the block in the first? Im saying, you made a bad a political move which has given Apprime the round before the half-way point. The only time ive implied Rock has lied is to the reasons they left, as Rock has given multiple reasons for it (which are all conflicting).

Quote:
Also as i mentioned above YOUR HC started all this (Newdawn) pasting logs of Conspiracy HC so as i said before stop commenting on somthing you know sod all about light. As your really just repeating yourself and now sound like CBA (ie a typical troll)
Im getting conflicting views here? afew posts up.. Wasnt Demort saying the exact opposite that it was ND's fault as ND was going to backstab Rock? but you're saying that its ND's fault as CT was planning on hitting you?

Either way, when ND found out you was planning on leaving the block, didnt Rock get the offer of a nap?

Quote:
You have shown 0 respect on this forum for ROCK which as i said was around before you even graced us with your PA presence. You told me on IRC you were actually impressed with the way ROCK did attacks/defence (although last night i think anyone can see our defence was terrible which i am happy to admit as i am HONEST!) but when it comes to the forums and public you seem intent on bad mouthing ROCK with every chance you get. ROCK even had at one point the top 4 planets for a fair chunk... but of course this means nothing for a 'training' alliance as you put it. Give it a rest Light as your like a broken biased record and for the love of god as i told the other guys who pmed me go speak to your HC (perticulary DZ) and ask him why ROCK might of stopped trusting both of the alliances... see what he says. ie ACTUAL FACTS!
You dont get respect from me for just existing. It does not matter to me how long your alliance has been around for, why is that an argument for how good Rock is? You've been around this long and havent even finished 1st or 2nd yet?

Yes, ive been impressed with Rocks attacking this round although that has dipped abit now you've got incs but thats to be expected.

When it comes to the forums, in a thread about r40 or a thread about ND's reaction to Rock backing out of the block.. Im obviously going to post my view about rocks decision and politics this round, it just so happends i think Rock played some shit politics.

Top 4 planets at that point in the game is pretty meaningless. Especially as the period i think you're thinking of, is when the block was/had taken down Apprimes planets in or close to the top5. I called Rock a training alliance at the start of the round, then i called it a training alliance afew days ago as i genuinly thought that the Rock HC's were new players you were training to become HC's for future rounds, when its to be expected they make bad decisions. I now understand i was wrong and your HC's were just having an off day.

Here's the reality Assassin... Why would you trust any of those alliances in the first place? You was in a position for fight for 1st (not favourite but still in the hunt) and certainly in a position to try to grab 2nd or 3rd. Apprime/CT/ND/Rock/ODDR all had the potential at that point to get 1st and should be prepared to fight for 1st.. After the block had done its businesses, it wasnt just going to be a roidrace until the end of the round with us all holding hands, obviously war was going to break out. The thing you're forgetting though, is if we had stopped Apprime from winning, it would of been CT and ND as the most likely to go to war (as they'd be the 2 favourites).

I dont quiet understand what you're implying with the 'no trust'? You could trust ND and CT to keep hitting Apprime for as long as was required, as it was in there best interests. So the only time trust would come into it? Is if you expected ND/CT/Rock block to last the entire round and that was what Rock was playing for?

Also please note at this time, Rock had a nap with ODDR which could be viewed by CT or ND as Rock having a plan for when the block ends and having an ally. You could argue, that you made ND and CT paranoid about your intentions when the block ended.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Unread 3 Feb 2011, 21:43   #63
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
If Apprime fall, ROCK/ODDR will fall also.

Did ROCK/ODDR pick the right side? Hmm.
No they'll be irrelevant and can pick whichever side they want. Planetarion doesn't work like that - fire will no doubt be focussed on apprime and reducing their ability to function. Once the opposition are satisfied of this, they will start to make serious moves on each other to win the round rather than care about either of those two alliances.

Last edited by lokken; 3 Feb 2011 at 21:55.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2011, 22:17   #64
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donar View Post
Atleast it would be in good company
I knew it that greg and Co would flak for Apprime... And the Fact you had CarDi on board aswell clearly tells me that Greg Cant wield him.
I Would have considered taking up greg's invite had it not been for that.

My sixth sense has served me well again.
Unread 3 Feb 2011, 23:05   #65
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

Light is ND now?
Unread 4 Feb 2011, 00:05   #66
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Light is Ascendancy is in ND, so yes.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2011, 03:14   #67
Demort
Anarchy Shadow

as i said logs were reported off nd saying ct wanted to hit us ct gave logs of nd wanting to hit us but enough foul mouthing now its getting tiresome.

look to the future and see what it brings as things you say on here can cause consequences for your ally even if your not an official spokesperson for your ally remember that.

no one likes being slated or abused even on forums im not pointing fingers but im sure ya know who ya are.

as for saying gifting apprime win don't make me laugh ct still first with score and value lead on apprime so currently its ct's round to lose it has nothing to do with what rock does or doesn't do.

EX

Currently

In ODDR Command
Unread 4 Feb 2011, 07:06   #68
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
I would but my trustworthy sources inform me your mother had sex with a goat to produce you and my mother always told me to never trust goat-people
The sheep shagging is an Irish thing right ?

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2011, 12:44   #69
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
as i said logs were reported off nd saying ct wanted to hit us ct gave logs of nd wanting to hit us but enough foul mouthing now its getting tiresome.
Here's the thing though, CT wanted to try to get you to hit ND after the block had finished and ND wanted to try to get you to help CT after the block had finished. I dont really understand where the problem is?

CT and ND would be favourites to win if Apprime had been knocked out of the running (but note that Rock still had potential to win), so it was obvious that both of those alliances would want Rock on there side or at least not against them. Rock had the choice to be the 'king maker' if they wanted and could pick either side, or they had the choice to fence after Apprime had been taken down and let CT/ND war each other while Rock gains value (You could also play dirty politics and keep switching sides when it looks like one is going to win, to prolongue the war and give you more time to build value). Either one of those choices, would of resulted in minimal incs for Rock while giving you a good shot at #1.

Instead, you decided CT/ND were untrustworthy (as they both wanted you as an ally? lol) and left the block early, then you started co-ordinating with Apprime which eventually backfired when you realised that Apprime were infact blatently using you as flak to keep ND at bay.

Quote:
look to the future and see what it brings as things you say on here can cause consequences for your ally even if your not an official spokesperson for your ally remember that.
Not really, If Rock decides to base its politics based on what one person says on the AD forums.. that'd be LOL.

Quote:
no one likes being slated or abused even on forums im not pointing fingers but im sure ya know who ya are.
Dont make bad decisions, I think even Apprime if they was honest would admit that they were surprised Rock buckled out of the block so early and that it was a gift to Apprime.

Quote:
as for saying gifting apprime win don't make me laugh ct still first with score and value lead on apprime so currently its ct's round to lose it has nothing to do with what rock does or doesn't do.
First off, CT being #1 on value and score does not mean anything at this stage. How many rounds has CT or ND been 1st on score/value due to fencing, and how many times do they end up losing. Apprime is stronger than CT and Apprime has ODDR backing them up (and so im told, xVx). It is not CT's round to lose, as they arnt in charge of the round now.. They know they've got to fight but they need allies to help them, ND seems up for the fight.. but is Rock?

As Apprimes politics have backfired on them alittle bit and alienated Rock, the round may become open again but it depends on Rock again.
Unread 4 Feb 2011, 15:45   #70
tulsa
Registered Loser

tulsa will become famous soon enoughtulsa will become famous soon enough

Whatadoosh. Light seems to be making a lot of ASSumptions about how ROCK should behave. Perhaps ROCK helped bring Apprime back into reach only because they're playing for FUN and could give a rat's ass who wins the friggin' round. ND and CT, as alliances who are playing to WIN, should be kissing ROCK's ass instead of flaming them on the message boards.

Apparently, because ROCK has numbers they should expect to play for the win? If so, Asc players should simply have merged with horde this round as that is clearly the key to universal domination.
tulsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Feb 2011, 16:40   #71
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Light is Ascendancy is in ND, so yes.
What?
Unread 4 Feb 2011, 16:50   #72
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Dark-Strider is on a distinguished road

Asc members are playing in various tags this round, as we did not have the activity to play as a full alliance this round.
Unread 4 Feb 2011, 17:22   #73
Buly

ummmm....why the fk does Light even wanna play in ND tag after all the shit she's been posting of them like what....withing 1-2 weeks before the round started?
Unread 4 Feb 2011, 17:33   #74
Clouds

Quote:
I like the one where rock comes out best, stop being emo and start playing yourselves, being oddr HC we joined a CT/ND block for one round, and only thing they did was target our members after they couldn't land. Strange that we haven't had the same problem with app the past rounds.
Do you enjoy being Apprime bitches?
Unread 4 Feb 2011, 17:39   #75
Donar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
I knew it that greg and Co would flak for Apprime... And the Fact you had CarDi on board aswell clearly tells me that Greg Cant wield him.
I Would have considered taking up greg's invite had it not been for that.

My sixth sense has served me well again.
we haven't flakked for app this round. Previous rounds yes, this round no
Unread 4 Feb 2011, 17:41   #76
Donar

Quote:
Do you enjoy being Apprime bitches?
Apprime has always had an honest and open relationship with us, unlike ND that screwed us over in the past.

better being their bitch then an nd whore.
Unread 4 Feb 2011, 18:48   #77
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Strider View Post
Asc members are playing in various tags this round, as we did not have the activity to play as a full alliance this round.
Oh, JBG said he'd gotten the asc tag to join ND, so I figured that was everyone. My bad.

Quote:
You could also try not being anyone's bitch. Who knows, might even be more fun!
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 4 Feb 2011, 19:42   #78
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
we haven't flakked for app this round. Previous rounds yes, this round no
Don't give me your pish. you have co-incided your attacks with apprime.
Greg doesn't have the leadership skills to wield cardi effectively (who is old school apprime) and
ODDR will likely go the same way vsn,p3ng and osc did when they flaked for app
Unread 4 Feb 2011, 20:19   #79
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Dark-Strider is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Oh, JBG said he'd gotten the asc tag to join ND, so I figured that was everyone. My bad.

The majority are in ND, but a few are spread out in various ally's such as ODDR/xVx/CT/Apprime/WHH etc.

Timpayne tried to join thehorde but was rejected.
Unread 5 Feb 2011, 00:28   #80
Mzyxptlk
mz.

I have always had a lot of respect for thehorde.
Unread 5 Feb 2011, 01:24   #81
tulsa
Registered Loser

Quote:
I have always had a lot of respect for thehorde.
Agreed. They kicked my but in havoc 3 rounds ago!
Unread 5 Feb 2011, 02:06   #82
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Greg doesn't have the leadership skills to wield cardi effectively (who is old school apprime) and
unlike vsn, p3n and osi, ODDR have allways been apprimes bitch (or should i say overflow tag this round?), so i suppose their history shows that they are capable of being apprimes bitch and stay around/

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2011, 02:57   #83
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
wow... really..

seems to me that your still getting it in the rump and giving the money to someone else... not sure that's a situation I could live with for my alliance

personal opinion, of course
Unread 5 Feb 2011, 04:34   #84
Firebird

Jesus whats with the hate fest on ODDR just cos they dont wanna hold your hands and show you how to walk doesnt need to say you should whine about there choices! Lets face it they are the only reliable ally in this Game to stick to there word well they should be credited ODDR has brought good players into a game full of egos
Unread 5 Feb 2011, 05:52   #85
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

only alliance in the game to stick to their word? really?

and no other alliances have good players who can be team players?
Unread 5 Feb 2011, 06:05   #86
tulsa
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk View Post

not sure that's a situation I could live with for my alliance
If you have the intestinal fortitude for CT then you're a stronger man than I. My brief CT experience was a lot like driving past a cattle yard...a distinct smell of bullshit in the air.
Unread 5 Feb 2011, 09:39   #87
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

hell you shoulda stuck around longer, you'd have gotten a full whif of bs

and GM's sheep
Unread 5 Feb 2011, 11:23   #88
Donar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
unlike vsn, p3n and osi, ODDR have allways been apprimes bitch (or should i say overflow tag this round?), so i suppose their history shows that they are capable of being apprimes bitch and stay around/
wow that's like half a compliment
Unread 5 Feb 2011, 18:40   #89
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice

Quote:
Lacking the required testicular fortitude hurts the chances of this happening. Limited brain power kills the chances for this happening.
ManiacMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2011, 19:07   #90
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsa View Post
Whatadoosh. Light seems to be making a lot of ASSumptions about how ROCK should behave. Perhaps ROCK helped bring Apprime back into reach only because they're playing for FUN and could give a rat's ass who wins the friggin' round. ND and CT, as alliances who are playing to WIN, should be kissing ROCK's ass instead of flaming them on the message boards.
I wasnt making assumptions, i just posted 3 alternative political decisions Rock could of done which would of been better for Rock in the short and long term to show that Rock chose to do the worst possible thing it could.

Ive never understood the notion of playing for fun means you're not playing to win. I mean, you can certainly have fun and not want to win but if you've got to choice to win? why wouldnt you take it? I dont see why you'd turn around and go 'no thank you, were playing for fun.. so we dont want any high ranking planets, the best galaxy or to finish in the top3'.

xVx isnt aiming for #1 alliance this round but if something happends and for some reason theres a real possibility of them finishing 1st, they wont just go 'no, we dont have that aim'.

Quote:
Apparently, because ROCK has numbers they should expect to play for the win? If so, Asc players should simply have merged with horde this round as that is clearly the key to universal domination.
No, As Rock has the potential to win you should at least try. Its not a case of playing for fun and playing for the win, most people play for fun but if they get the chance to win, why wouldnt they go for it?

And even if we look at rocks politics from a fun point of view? How did going to war with ND help with rocks fun? The DC's certainly werent having fun, infact you even had a night with no/little DC coverage, your members who were getting roided werent having fun. I mean, if you get your fun from war, why would you be afraid of fighting for #1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buly View Post
ummmm....why the fk does Light even wanna play in ND tag after all the shit she's been posting of them like what....withing 1-2 weeks before the round started?
Im in Asc, Asc voted on which alliance tag we should join.. ND won the vote, i joined ND with Asc. Doesnt change my stance that in some previous rounds they've been shit but in this round.. they seem up for war

Quote:
From what i got told, theres a joint channel with Apprime and ODDR in (Rock used to be in it) where they co-ordinate which gals to hit and that channel has existed for quiet some time this round.

but on your case of ODDR going the war of Vision? You mean winning a round, then disbanding due to the main HC quitting Planetarion (and not to do with politics or members)?
Unread 5 Feb 2011, 19:41   #91
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
From what i got told, theres a joint channel with Apprime and ODDR in (Rock used to be in it) where they co-ordinate which gals to hit and that channel has existed for quiet some time this round.
First of all that channel didn't get created this round, it has been a channel where ROCK/ODDR been cooperating in past 3 rounds.
And was created during rounds our tag was alot smaller, and coordinating attacks was a way to improve our attack strength.

Last round we added our friends from Fudd, and used it mainly for FC's.

Now your updated on the actual use of the channel, oh and ROCK is still in it

Finally retired
Unread 5 Feb 2011, 19:47   #92
HeimdallR

Quote:
That is just an easy poke at Greg's expense don't you think?
still have to meet an hc team that can control cardi, and having full controll over an alliance and its members is basically just an illusion we never tried to live up to.

as for vsn, p3n and osc (osc ??), if i might recall, ODDR was considered app Flak during those rounds as well, but were still around, they are not.
Its not the side you chose that determines the future of the alliance.
Its having a solid and stable hc team with added core that can work through the bad rounds.

Finally retired
Unread 5 Feb 2011, 19:52   #93
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

Quote:
Ive never understood the notion of playing for fun means you're not playing to win. I mean, you can certainly have fun and not want to win but if you've got to choice to win? why wouldnt you take it? I dont see why you'd turn around and go 'no thank you, were playing for fun.. so we dont want any high ranking planets, the best galaxy or to finish in the top3'.
Quote:
No, As Rock has the potential to win you should at least try. Its not a case of playing for fun and playing for the win, most people play for fun but if they get the chance to win, why wouldnt they go for it?

And even if we look at rocks politics from a fun point of view? How did going to war with ND help with rocks fun? The DC's certainly werent having fun, infact you even had a night with no/little DC coverage, your members who were getting roided werent having fun. I mean, if you get your fun from war, why would you be afraid of fighting for #1?
Winning is fun.. much moreso than losing.. imo
Unread 6 Feb 2011, 01:33   #94
tulsa
Registered Loser

Quote:
Light, you're making the assumption that your idea of playing for fun and others' ideas of playing for fun are the same. Personally, I believe that playing Planetarion for fun and playing to win are mutually exclusive. To me playing for fun means putting family, friends, work, food, sleep, sex, other hobbies, and 'real life' in general ahead of Planetarion. There are many people here playing to win, and toward that end they sacrifice a lot of real life activities. If I am to win this game I think it's fair to assume (my turn ) that I must make the same sacrifices. That is the exact point where I'm no longer playing for fun but playing to win, and I choose fun.

And for others fun takes on another meaning. I've seen GoSu lemmings crash for fun instead of the win. I've seen Ascendancy ruiners (as pronounced by Stewie Griffin ofc) play for ruining fun instead of the win. Playing for fun takes on many forms, to be interpreted by the individual and not dictated by Light.

That being said, if a significant portion of your alliance are playing for fun, then why not play the politics for fun as well?

Quote:
Tbh I generally avoid the greater political landscape, but this round I've tried to get a little more engaged because ROCK HC has done such an incredible job of keeping all members apprised of what's going on (insert hearts and fluffles and shit here). We had an off night recently and some of us lost some roids and that sucks, but one battle does not a war make...

My real loss that night was respect for the ND in my galaxy. I had tried to avoid ND targets to that point out of respect for my galaxy (and had mentioned as much to them) but I don't guess that type of consideration is valued in New Dawn. I know there are no p'naps in the greater alliance scheme, but I haven't seen ROCK hit our galaxy yet and I'm not the GC (or even a minister) like the ND in my galaxy. I certainly won't make the mistake of showing ND respect going forward.

post script: I just wanted to add a special thanks to those who do put Planetarion first. To those who've woken from deep slumber to send my sorry ass defense. Or those who have been out drinking with friends and took a moment to check PA from their phone to see if anyone needed their help. To those who sacrifice their time to organize the masses into armies. And especially to those who have made PA their RL and work to keep the game alive. I have admittedly taken more than I'll ever likely give back to this game over the years, so THANKS to all who contribute to the fun!

Last edited by tulsa; 6 Feb 2011 at 05:34. Reason: ty
Unread 6 Feb 2011, 02:23   #95
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

vuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to all

Quote:
this was the most lul thing i ever read (paragraphs saved from pointing out the obvious)

H-A ODDR Apprime xVx VisioN HEROES Ultores
vuLgAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2011, 02:54   #96
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

Quote:
Light, you're making the assumption that your idea of playing for fun and others' ideas of playing for fun are the same. Personally, I believe that playing Planetarion for fun and playing to win are mutually exclusive. To me playing for fun means putting family, friends, work, food, sleep, sex, other hobbies, and 'real life' in general ahead of Planetarion. There are many people here playing to win, and toward that end they sacrifice a lot of real life activities.
I disagree that the two are, or have to be mutually exclusive. I don't, and have never put any of your examples you listed above playing Planetarion. My family, and real life reponsabilities ALWAYS come before an online game, or any recreational activity. Yes, in contrast to your suggestion, I play to win and I sacrifice nothing.

I have 4 basic goals where my activity and participation is concerned, winning is at the top of that list

1 winning.
2 improve my ability in playing the game
3 be a part of, and pull my weight in an effort to maximise my alliances teamwork and efforts
4. mainaining,relationships I've built with some good people over 39+ rounds, andpossibly even creating new ones.

personally I've never met anyone who goes into a situation, when involved in any gaming environment, or playing a sport, who doesn't want to win. I doubt very much that I'm in the minority there.

edit: spelling

Last edited by aNgRyDuCk; 6 Feb 2011 at 16:39.
aNgRyDuCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2011, 04:58   #97
tulsa
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk View Post
winning is at the top of that list
Obviously I have a lot to learn here. And please pardon my ignorance, but how many rounds have you won now?
Unread 6 Feb 2011, 12:30   #98
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
Obviously I have a lot to learn here. And please pardon my ignorance, but how many rounds have you won now?
AngryDuck was 1up HC refer to
http://www.clawofdarkness.com/pawiki....php/Main_Page
Unread 6 Feb 2011, 14:48   #99
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

Quote:
three or four rounds post PAX. That isn't the point though. Winning is the goal, no one achieves that goal, every time, the point is, striving for it is whats important.

Last edited by aNgRyDuCk; 6 Feb 2011 at 16:43.
aNgRyDuCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Feb 2011, 15:56   #100
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Your ignorance is unpardonable!