User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 22 Oct 2007, 02:32   #1
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Who we were

Same thread, new round!

You are: A Staggering Mistake (11:4:9) Zik (Clear)
Size: 975 194
Value: 3,180,116 81
Score: 4,156,496 83
XP: 16,273 259

Harpy 2,062 Wyvern 283
Dragon 17 Leviathan 57
Viper 26,904 Beetle 21,979
Black Widow 3,540 Tarantula 2,664
Roach 2,196 Scorpion 342
Mosquito 1,197 Hornet 1,047
Banshee 1,493 Phantom 1,173
Bomber 77 Wraith 27,626
Shadow 1,988 Nightmare 6,481
Illusion 3,555 Vampyre 1,039
Cutlass 6,046 Corsair 117,268
Thief 38,488 Cutter 102,458
Buccaneer 2,709 Pirate 8,534
Rogue 2,311 Marauder 5,763
Privateer 1,539 Ironclad 632
Tycoon 240 Broker 936
Baliff 100

Missed the first 40 odd ticks of the round and started off a bit slow. Used both fr and de attack fleets at the start but my de kept dying stealing stuff so I went fr heavy, although 60% of those cutters I only had for the last 4/5 days. Stole a small amount of emp anti-fr (which you desperately needed as a zik) but I never bothered hiding stuff in prod for cr/co incs so it wasn't really that much. Managed to scrape t100 despite having a fairly dire round planet wise. Zik's fairly shit and uninteresting compared to pre-r20 so I'd hope they do something with it for next round. Was interesting enough being in exi but we had far too many complete faggoting score whores who just ****ing moan all round long for my liking.

So how was your round then?
Unread 22 Oct 2007, 02:47   #2
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Who we were

You are: Ultimate Newbie (6:1:7) Xan (Clear)
Size:399 843
Value:1,401,285 517
Score:1,912,845 653
XP:8,526 723

After an unfortnate gaffe pre-shuffle, when i forgot to update my ruler/planetname, my co-ords were known to pretty much every alliance's DB right away :\ . The good news was that i was intending to be an "amateur" scan planet for Vision this round - start initally as a normal planet and have the beginnings of a fleet, then switch to scanning whilst using that fleet to send defence. Interestingly enough, it seemed to work.

I barely ever got the opportunity to attack (combination of my 3 jobs and Uni meant that i was rarely able to be online around any landing ticks), but similiarly i wasnt attacked all that often either; the result being i (more or less) kept the roids that i started the round with. Which obviously wasnt very interesting, but *shrug*.

Ships (405,000 total) (Ship Analysis)
Banshee 100,000 Phantom 50,000
Bomber 130,000 Wraith 20,000
Shadow 20,000 Nightmare 75,000
Illusion 10,000 Vampyre 5,000

Had about 110-120 amps though, which was enough for scanning for #tranny
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2007, 05:02   #3
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

You are: Gorignak (1:7:3) Ter (Clear)
Size: 1,171 122
Value: 2,193,095 223
Score: 3,624,815 141
XP: 23,862 66

Ships (119,924 total) (Ship Analysis)
Harpy 80,000 Phoenix 14,815
Drake 3,000 Pegasus 12,000
Wyvern 7,000 Dragon 1,209
Demeter 1,500 Leviathan 400

I had an 'ok' round overall. Lost about a week in the middle when my first son was born, and for obvious reasons I went into vac mode. Considering I spent the round fighting exi, playing the second worst race, and being in a marginal galaxy with no exi players in it to protect it the round was decent enough. Like most terrans who were not exi I had to go for XP rather then value, as holding onto roids was a lot of work, especially in a galaxy that rarely cross defended. Would have ended better if I'd been able to land 2 or 3 more attacks the last week, but terran DE got very hard to land with late in the round because of the tons of spiders floating around.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2007, 06:04   #4
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

You are: A lonely adorer (11:4:3) Zik (Clear)
Size: 922 223
Value: 734,209 940
Score: 2,824,009 292
XP: 34,830 8

Ships: hardly any left as i had a nice lemmingrun :-)

Round was quite boring playing zik. It took some time until i got enough co/cr/bs pods to start my usual faking. Thx to that cat landing his cr when i had my 10k marauders hidden in production, heh.
But even with sending fakes all the time i hardly landed any attack. I think finally everybody knows that i send fakes only for about 99% \o/

For next round i want some interesting stats. This stupid roidrace is no fun for me.

NO Prost! yet...... damn work

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2007, 08:38   #5
tobbe

tobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to behold

You are: Suicide Hotline (6:9:3) Zik (Clear)
Size: 1,109 145
Value: 2,339,581 186
Score: 3,386,941 175
XP: 17,456 215

I have to get in line of the "shit boring zik round" group..
Having a kill roidfleet is dull.... Was Cutter heavy as all the rest and never stole any fine fleet (only 32k etd co on a FC with no pods :S ) so i only had fr/de pods entire round....

VisioN Forever!
tobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2007, 09:15   #6
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

You are: The Covert Ops (6:4:11) Cat (Clear)
Size: 340 974
Value: 1,542,388 455
Score: 2,884,708 271
XP: 22,372 90

Ships, I dont know, my account got closed in havoc cause a mate logged in to his account 10 minutes before round ended from my computer.

Top5 covert, top50 cath & top100 xp.

I didnt launch a single attack, nor did i realy have any roids until last tick.
Did 3-4 coverts a day when i remembered, so somewhat happy with result.

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out

Last edited by Allfather; 22 Oct 2007 at 09:33.
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2007, 10:38   #7
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Code:
You are: I Am The Adult Child (12:4:8) Cat   (Clear)
Size:	605		510
Value:	1,710,893	384
Score:	2,891,813	269
XP:	19,682		151 

Spider		100,001	 	Viper	30,000
Beetle		3,750	 	Black Widow	20,000
Tarantula	10,000	 	Roach	17,000
Scorpion	2,005	 	Mosquito 5,000
Hornet		2,000
My round started pretty well, I prioritised hypergate to prevent alliance defence, was top100 for the first 200 ticks or so. Then my attacks started getting defended way more often than I'd like them to, and I stalled.

Around tick 480 I went away for a weekend, and because my fleets weren't at home, I couldn't go into vacation mode. When I returned I'd had 10 waves of incoming, none of which had been covered, lost all my co, half my spiders and had about 80 of my 500 roids left. At this point I'd gotten tired of recalling my co anyway, so I started working on my cr fleet. This went a little better, and I started landing attacks again.

The combination of being cath, not that big, and not wanting to be online every night made it hard to hold on to roids, classic not-so-big cath problem I guess.
I never bothered to build any Scarab, knowing how much anti-cr there was and knowing how few caths chose cr fleets. Despite that obvious hole in my defence, I only got 2 cath cr fleets on me, during the last day (both were covered).

All in all, I don't think I'll ever play cath again. It's boring, slow, I hardly ever killed anything, and if I don't manage come out on top during the first 300 ticks, I'll never get up there.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2007, 11:20   #8
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

Quote:
You are: Now is the winter (1:8:1) Zik (Clear)
Size: 1,366 89
Value: 5,205,870 25
Score: 5,702,070 28
XP: 8,270 747
Managed to steal some nice roaches at the beginning and pretty much never got hit by fr until somewhere near halfway the round. Actually I only received ~50 waves of incomings the whole round which I consider hilariously little for an eXilition planet ending in the top 30. Most of my round I had a pretty defensive fleet and wasn't focusing as much on the attack fleets like those idiot ziks with 200k fr and zero stolen fleet. I think my 1M cutlass were pretty handy for defence during the last days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBG
Was interesting enough being in exi but we had far too many complete faggoting score whores who just ****ing moan all round long for my liking.
You are so absolutely ****ing right.

To sum up the round for me: http://images.despair.com/products/d...aretoslack.jpg
Hude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2007, 12:51   #9
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

You are: Here I am (4:10:6) Xan (Clear)
Size: 1,355 92
Value: 2,791,436 124
Score: 3,272,456 197
XP: 8,017 765
Total Round Roids: 1,789
Total Lost Roids: 434

Banshee 400,000 Phantom 349,999*
Bomber 100,000 CO FR Wraith 100,000
Shadow 50,000 FR CR Nightmare 75,000
Spectre 15,000 DE BA Illusion 25,000
Vampyre 5,000 FR RO

Had a fairly inactive round, with work and all i didn't really have alot of spare time to play properly. I started out 12:9, but due to being far to busy to play the first days after shuffle, i was exiled from my gal. As a result i landed in 4:10, which turned out to be a very nice and active galaxy**.

I spent quite alot of my time defending my gal and alliance, but due to my gal pushing me to grow i started to attack more actively aswell and despite not getting alot of roids grew a fairly nice planet. I was closing in on the top 100 when a week before then end a Zik decided to test my willingness to crash-defend my Bombers against his Cutters (i wasn't willing, but was unable to recall in time). I lost some 300k value in Bombers with almost no salvage due to the target planet having a large part of his fleet at base. Since i was busy the last week of the round i wasn't really able to try and recover from those losses.

I didn't land that many attacks during the round (partly due to my lazyness of not checking scans and realising at eta 4 or lower i attacked a Zik with my FR who had far to many Harpies for my liking, which happened quite a few times), and roughly half (or more) the attacks i landed was on planets totally cleaned out before i arrived or piggied. For some reason i didn't get alot of incs either (i wasn't fat but not really thin either), i was even left alone on some of the rare occassions where the entire gal got incoming.

All in all i had some fun, playing with a fairly tight but active group in xVx. We grew nice, had quite a decent average value which made covering calls alot easier than in previous rounds.

*Due to my math skills i was unable to round this number the way i like it
**Special thanks for this go to mz for exiling me from my first gal (which later turned out to be inactive)!
Unread 22 Oct 2007, 14:26   #10
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Haha
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2007, 15:22   #11
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Rikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really nice

Code:
You are: The Noble Art (1:4:6) Cat   (Clear)
Size:	     898	234
Value:	 988,764	764
Score:	3,408,564	170
XP:	  40,330	3
Started off as scanner and covert operations guy for eXilition which went reasonably well with my inactivity. I got kicked from tag on september 25th which greatly reduced my activity as I couldnt be bothered to scan without alliance funds except for XP or for the people I liked. Then october 10th I got kicked from the channel for being one of rickas group. After that i went attacking random planets for XP with the goal to end top100 in XP and top500 in score and #1 in contributed score in the LDK tag. Mission Accompliced is all I have to say about that

My XP whoring fleet:

Ships (20,589 total)
Black Widow 500 Tarantula 9,307
Roach 9,918 Mosquito 14
Hornet 850

This also happens to be the first round I ever played where my rank graphs move upwards after tick 400

<zhil|reportwrit> Rikard - I dont know you
<zhil|reportwrit> so you're insignificant

eXilition - LCH - Destiny - Conspiracy - Night Witches - eXcessum
Rikard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2007, 16:30   #12
ReligFree

ReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to allReligFree is a name known to all

You are: Ridiculously (of good) (14:7:10) Xan (Clear)
Size: 2,182 25
Value: 5,016,897 29
Score: 5,304,477 34
XP: 4,793 939

Had a fairly slow start as was on holiday for most of the first 2 weeks. Very limited connection from Cyprus hehe. Caught up very nicely in a superb gal with some great people. Started off with xan Fr, before def became so frequent. Then pt600 or so went after Fi big time. Saying that, defence fleets were my priority, and i hoarded resources till i got back from holiday. Then exiled, found the best gal i could have hoped for and then grew + grew, only being roided about 5 times all round.

Fleet end of round was:

Banshee 981,517 Phantom 676,048
Bomber 219,646 Wraith 202,141
Shadow 98,754 Nightmare 117,269
Spectre 20,903 Illusion 44,131
Vampyre 1,918
Unread 22 Oct 2007, 19:42   #13
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

I *was* Cochese of Hippiechicken (Xan)

However, I didn't upgrade and didn't end up messing with my planet since I got busy the day before ticks started...planet wound up being deleted for inactivity I guess

Apparently I didn't miss much this round though.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2007, 20:29   #14
Mortal
Crazy fin

Mortal is an unknown quantity at this point

You are: AkuAnkka (9:7:1) Cat (Clear)
Size: 520 645
Value: 1,693,262 390
Score: 2,706,242 337
XP: 16,883 234

Spider 85,000 Viper 20,000
Beetle 40,143 Black Widow 1,817
Scarab 25,048 Tarantula 5,009
Roach 19,384 Scorpion 2,500
Hornet 743

i was just inactive scanner.

R14-17 - HR
R17-20 - Omen
R21 - Angels
R22 - Jenova
R23 - Exilition
R24 - Excessum
R25 - TGV
R26 - Denial
R27 - Vision
R28 - Carebears / Asc
R29 - Asc
R30 - Omen
R31 - Asc
R32 - Apprime
R33 - Apprime
R36 - Excessum
R38 - [NFI]
Mortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2007, 20:53   #15
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute

You are: keizari (6:4:8) Zik (Clear)
Size: 327 1006
Value: 2,329,810 189
Score: 3,244,870 204
XP: 15,251 286

Drake 655 Pegasus 1,178
Wyvern 348 Dragon 81
Demeter 272 Leviathan 32
Spider 16,622 Viper 21,797
Beetle 26,423 Black Widow 5,685
Tarantula 284 Roach 1,660
Scorpion 837 Mosquito 1,598
Hornet 407 Shadow 1,674
Nightmare 5,570 Vampyre 228
Cutlass 4,963 Corsair 102,717
Thief 12,038 Cutter 20,987
Buccaneer 7,757 Pirate 13,174
Rogue 188 Marauder 2,086
Privateer 991 Ironclad 897
Tycoon 555 Broker 6,862
Baliff 210

Started nicely, haven't played zik in quite a while. At first i would do CO fakes on phoenix-less terrans, those were a couple of landings that were great, then just faked FR as DE on caths attacking with their CO fleets. I also landed a few of those and gave them a nice surprise-sex session killing shitload of spiders coming in to save the day. Managed to stay in t10 total round/lost roids, but being on the wrong side of the war (again) the roid-swap was becoming annoying.
Half way through the round i got a job and changed appartments, so it's about then when i quit.
For the rest of the round i would scan xan planets with FR fleets out and fake CR as BS on them. Never landed any of those though. I'd get in at work too late and all big xan FR fleets would be returning by then.
All in all, zik isn't nearly as nice as it used to be, but compared to the other races, it does provide a tactical advantage and somewhat more fun.
FAKING FTW

edit: corsair ammount

Last edited by voodoo; 23 Oct 2007 at 13:40.
voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 05:54   #16
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

You are: The definition (9:7:6) Zik (Clear)
Size: 2,103 26
Value: 5,964,498 18
Score: 6,441,018 18
XP: 7,942 773

My ships were something like:
Cutlass 130000, Corsair 300000, Thief 80000, Cutter 110000,
Buccaneer 2000, Pirate 60000, Rogue 7000, Marauder 4000
I had a few stolen ships aswell but nothing major.

All in all this was a fairly boring round for me, mainly because i had big problems landing my attack fleets due to bomber\banshee(fake?) in def, and seeing as it was impossible for me to get xp i had to pull pretty much all my attacks the last weeks.

I was a bit dissapointed i didnt manage to steal any nice ships, the only incs i got was pretty much FR. Got a few bs\co incs but they usually landed for free or pulled which sucked.
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 18:12   #17
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

a big terran, with a fantastic fleet

edit - ok i'll add more, terran were pretty awesome this round, luckily i was one of the awesome people that realised the terran frig was absolutely immense, both in attack and defence. I started off my round with the simple fake, faking my de as bs on ziks with hardly any pirates and rogues, worked a treat. I then decided that this was boring so i decided to make a more complex attack fleet, I decided to fake my de as phoenix+chims+dems, and hit ziks. The way it worked so many times it was unreal, ziks would leave rogues home and sometimes even corsairs, just to get smashed, while my lonely 200 dems capped. Occasionally there was spider defence, but sometimes i decided to land anyway and **** some ships. It was fun As i got bigger, 'perfect' targets became harder to find, so then i decided to stick with my 2 attack fleets, real BS and fr+de at ziks. It was funny seeing a terran attack a target with 100k+ ships, one even mailed me laughing, asking if I was attacking with harpies, turns out terran fr+de was a real mother **** to stop.

As i remember my fleet it was something along the lines of:

200k Harpy
75k Phoenix
50k Chimera
54k Pegasus
15k Drake
3k Dragon
7.5k Wyvern
2k Demeter
500 Levithian

I had like 80k Phoenix and 40k Chimera hidden in production aswell.

The whole point of my fleet was to stop caths, and it was a great choice in my opinion, although I did spam harpies early on so that zik fr would get the hell off my back. I did have fun this round, but I also had alot of hassle.

Playing a successful terran is hard, i mean the whole general race is flawed if you cant get big quickly, or cant roid. Luckily that is one of my better attributes as a planet manager, whilst others probably suck in comparison. This round I didnt deserve my rank at all, I was happy with my choice to be closed. I mean terran arent an impossible race they suit me perfectly hence i am them round after round. Once you get over the initial storm.

My advice doesnt really apply to this round as i was a chicken, and will never play that way again due to it being utter wank, but i have done it in previous rounds (2:4 ftw), I was a magnet early on, but once i had a monster fleet that could outflak attackers and once i started shooting its just too painful, and you become a ****ing powerful attribute.

Cheers all for a wierd, funny, shit, painful round <3

Last edited by Alki; 23 Oct 2007 at 18:31.
Alki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 18:35   #18
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

alki=terran=owning!

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Oct 2007, 19:23   #19
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

You are: The Lust (7:4:7) Zik (Clear)
Size: 1,395 82
Value: 2,685,683 134
Score: 3,441,083 166
XP: 12,590 445

lost net access for 2 weeks so played using the phone which was ****in expensive but an enjoyable enough rd

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2007, 05:05   #20
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough

You are: Vicious Hivemind (13:3:4) Xan (Clear)
Size: 1,627 55
Value: 3,106,132 87
Score: 4,384,372 67
XP: 21,304 120

I realized how much easier it is to play any race but cathaar this round...
its nice not having 6-9 waves of incoming every raid

Plus, I liked preying on the fat cathaars with my fighter fleet which got quite sizeable (it kinda had to to compete with 200-300k beetles).

Slow start for me, but still a good finish

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Bubert Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2007, 08:35   #21
Macaroth

Macaroth will become famous soon enoughMacaroth will become famous soon enough

12.4.2 rank 35

the one who exi/vs loved to try and attack so much lolzorz
Macaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2007, 09:13   #22
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macaroth
12.4.2 rank 35

the one who exi/vs loved to try and attack so much lolzorz
you should've won the round with the amount of def you leeched, go figure
Hude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2007, 09:45   #23
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Too true, leeching as much def in one day as most do in a round is a nice feat
Unread 24 Oct 2007, 12:00   #24
Ceadrath

Ceadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to all

You are: tumty (8:1:9) Cat (Clear)
Size: 569 557
Value: 1,469,194 490
Score: 2,431,594 433
XP: 16,040 266

180k spider, about 100k co all told, 30k scarab and 5k scorps.

switched to scanner a few weeks in, ended up with 113 amps though i had a messed up bunch of cons because of it. only really the last week that i went over 250 roids as i spent about 3 weeks doing not much else but defending. Switched to building spiders/scarab/scorps as i couldn't keep up value wise with co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Religfree
only being roided about 5 times all round.
knowng the guy who roided you 40% of the time it wasn't that hard, i did lol when you got roided by 10k illusions, then again when the viper def was fake

-Cead
Ceadrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2007, 13:54   #25
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

DJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the rough

Code:
Rubber Duck of Bath Time Fun (14:7:11) Xan
Size:    352    951
Value:    2,015,765    277
Score:    2,257,805    514
XP:    4,034    983 

Banshee    200,000         Phantom    500,000
Bomber    200,000         Wraith    50,000
Shadow    20,000         Nightmare    45,000
Illusion    60,000         Vampyre    6,000
Spent the two weeks moving to uni w/o net access and got exiled into a rather nice gal (*waves to them all*) then cruised through the round, didn't attack as much as i probably could and didnt attack at all for the last 2 weeks (really could not be bothered to claim, launch, scan).

A few good lands with my FR got most of my roids, although had some success with FI (wraith defence usually put me off). My bomber were out most mornings as 2 defence fleets for ROCK/in-gal.

Overall one of my best rounds considering how little effort i put in, maybe if i had attacked those last 2 weeks i'd have made top200 score.
Unread 24 Oct 2007, 17:24   #26
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

i thought there was only 200 planets playing
Unread 24 Oct 2007, 18:19   #27
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

200 players

Unread 24 Oct 2007, 21:08   #28
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese
I *was* Cochese of Hippiechicken (Xan)

However, I didn't upgrade and didn't end up messing with my planet since I got busy the day before ticks started...planet wound up being deleted for inactivity I guess
Yeah, my planet got deleted for inactivity this round too. Sux. PAteam should disable that 'feature'.
Unread 25 Oct 2007, 23:49   #29
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
you become a ****ing powerful attribute.
To whom exactly ? All I remember of u this round is that u were a fenceriding, ego, defsink that didnt even join our attacks. :|
Unread 26 Oct 2007, 16:26   #30
Alki
Drink is Good

well done for reading the sentance you got that from

edit - defsink and a fencerider?
Unread 26 Oct 2007, 16:36   #31
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

I think its two songs from Johnny Cash.

Unread 26 Oct 2007, 18:10   #32
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
well done for reading the sentance you got that from

edit - defsink and a fencerider?
Shockingly u managed to do both as u still had incs from Destiny etc (hellshines lame attempt at getting back at u for defending against him).. :\
Unread 26 Oct 2007, 22:28   #33
Alki
Drink is Good

if you say so, i can name several people who leeched far more defence than myself