User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 24 May 2004, 17:40   #1
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Insomnia

As mentioned in the other thread I had a 3 hour exam at 9am this morning for which I had to get up at 7am for (get prepared, it was a way away etc). Anyway I went to bed really early hopin for 7ish hours sleep to be all prepared and ready. I was tired anyway as I'd been hungover all day.

What time did I finally get to sleep? 4 ****ing 30. That gave me 2 and a half hours sleep before an exam thats 1/12th of my degree - how fkin annoyin is that! I just lay there gettin more and more frustrated. The exam would have been fine had I been awake and able to think

So - just wondered -does anyone else suffer from insomnia? (Surely 5-6 hours to get to sleep counts as insomnia?!) And more importantly, how can I beat it without strong sleepin tablets.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2004, 17:56   #2
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Insomnia

I find reading in bed normally makes me fall asleep. The more you worry about the exam and how you aren't getting enough sleep for it, the more difficult it becomes to get to sleep. Reading will give you something else to think about, and take your mind off the morning. Just don't read anything too interesting, otherwise you won't want to stop and go to sleep.

(Also, I find going to bed abnormally early before an exam is very unhelpful. It's very difficult to get to sleep, because you generally aren't tired enough, and by the time you are tired enough you've become far too worried to sleep because you've been lying awake for hours.)
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2004, 18:28   #3
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute

I suffer from insomnia.
I've as yet found no effective way of dealing with it.
I average 4-5 hours a night.
I have panda eyes

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2004, 18:30   #4
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

My mate had insomnia for a while. Didn't sleep a wink for 6 weeks.

Now that's insomnia
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2004, 18:30   #5
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Gutting, I know what it is like though unfortunatly . I didn't get to sleep until 3am either heh, just lay in bed for 2 hours. Would feel wide awake in bed then if I got up to revise I would be falling asleep again. During the exam I literally was falling asleep. For most the exam even though I had stuff I still wanted to write I sat there drawing as I really just couldn't be arsed.

Still, not as bad as last week. i had a 9am exam and went to bed at gone 6am. Was up by 7:15 and surprisingly was wide awake all day. That seems to be the exception though as most the time I am knackered when I wake up, more or less used to it though as I seem to suffer all year not just exam time.
Unread 24 May 2004, 18:31   #6
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Holy shit - 4 hrs every night?!
I really didnt think I was ever gonna get to sleep!
Unread 24 May 2004, 18:33   #7
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Another thought: try getting up really early the day before. Not so early that you'll be too tired to do last minute revision, but early enough that you'll be exhausted by the time you go to bed. This, of course, would only really work for one-off occasions where you really need to get lots of sleep, as it wouldn't be much fun to do on a regular basis.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2004, 18:35   #8
Stew
Made of Twigs

Good thinkin Prot.
At school I used to have probs most sundays cos I'd get up late and go to bed early.
Unread 24 May 2004, 18:38   #9
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

ha coincidence. i had the same problem last night. i wanted to get 7 hours sleep i could spend this entire day revising... that hasnt gone too well anyway im chatting away on pa. Back to topic i didnt get brilliant sleep and i "woke" up with that i called puffy eyes

therefore last night i had puffy eyed sleep - its the name i give to sleep when you wake up with your eyes feeling all puffy cause you havent had a proper sleep (you were half way there the entire time)
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2004, 18:41   #10
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus
Another thought: try getting up really early the day before. Not so early that you'll be too tired to do last minute revision, but early enough that you'll be exhausted by the time you go to bed. This, of course, would only really work for one-off occasions where you really need to get lots of sleep, as it wouldn't be much fun to do on a regular basis.
I have tried that, it doesn't work. For me anyway. I feel tired but just can't sleep anyway.
Unread 24 May 2004, 18:49   #11
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

i tend to not sleep to much during the week, maybe 5 hours max - but then saturday night when i return from whatever i have been upto i sleep loads and catch up - i dunno why im like this but i enjoy having real long days, im rarely tired aswell

Stew get really stoned, you will fall asleep then, not the most practical solution though
Unread 24 May 2004, 18:54   #12
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madina
Stew get really stoned, you will fall asleep then, not the most practical solution though
That's true but I prolly wouldnt be up at 7 all awake!
I had a couple of weak sleepin tablet things but I didnt want to take too many cos I knew I'd be tired today! Clearly I should have had a few pro plus this mornin but didnt want to risk it!
Unread 24 May 2004, 18:57   #13
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

remember red bull is your friend (in small amounts or you will **** up your heart quite badly)
Unread 24 May 2004, 19:01   #14
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

In my experiance going to sleep when you wont get a decent amount is the worst thing you can do as it just meakes you feel like death. If you just stay awake I find I hit a point where my body actually adjusts to being tired and it becomes less of a problem.
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2004, 19:04   #15
Stew
Made of Twigs

I was contemplating this, but thought it was a bit more risky.
I was definately more awake then than I have been all day though!
Unread 24 May 2004, 19:05   #16
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madina
i tend to not sleep to much during the week, maybe 5 hours max - but then saturday night when i return from whatever i have been upto i sleep loads and catch up - i dunno why im like this but i enjoy having real long days, im rarely tired aswell
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote