User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 30 Apr 2004, 17:26   #1
Borg
Proud NoSser

Borg is on a distinguished road
is this the end of PA :(

look guys/girls, its time it was said, we are in trouble here. Blocks have always been the greatest threat to PA and again they are proving to be its death call, its time that blocks went away

I cant say that its going to be easy, because it wont, its going to take everuthing that YOU can give and a little bit more, that quick drink tonight, say goodbye to it if YOU want to be playing the game for fun in the future

K, iff all you want to do is sit around and moan a bit about how badly you been bashed, then do it, just not to us, .

The true PA player is NEVER going to bow down to the forces of evil or tyrany that rule the game as we know it now, instead we are going to make it a game where all again are equal, a game where instead of waking to look at a red screen day after day after day, we will be able to wake, go get breakfast and then login, to see perhaps some red showing not the red of the biggest block around, a red thats so red is like blood oozing from your veins, that its unholy in its deepness, instead it will be the red of that guy you roided last week, who just rebuilt enough and grabbed a mate to help out

The changes that MUST be made are going to happen, and we are going to be in the forefront of making it happen

Each of us now must look deep inside ourselves and ask this question "Do we want to live in fear of a major block, of getting to the point where giving up and walking away from the game is the only way to avoid the nightly reign of terror that is currently being inflicted upon each of us"

if you really can answer yes to that question, then plz dont let the door smack you in the arse on your way out if however you wanna say "NO, we will not lay down and go quietly to our death, we will not give up that which we have worked so hard to build, we are true PA players not some candy assed lil n00b who doesnt know how the game was and can be "then as from today, from NOW I ask, we ask that you give it everything that can be given, and then we beg you to go the single step firther

together we are a mighty force, together we can topple the evil that walks amongst us
alone we are nothing, barely a flicker of light in the night sky
are you willing to be a flicker of light, or do you want to be a rising sun, glaring brilliantly down upon a fresh new world

Now its your choice, you the people of the game must make your own decisions,
stand up now with me, walk forwards at my side into the light, let it not be a single voice that cries out FREEDOM, let it be a chorus of voices, a multitude of voices all screaming to gether ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
PA is dieing, we al know it even tho we would prefer not to admit it, and its up to poeple like us, people who care , no, people who love this game to stand up and be counted.

Its time now to stand back and think

Somebody once started a phrase " ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country", now I say that we must apply that to PA, dont ask what the game can do for us, we alreday know what it gives us, a community of friends, but a community that grows ever smaller as people walk away from what was a great game and now is ruled by the biggest group who can block together the soonest to make themselves unattackable

let us now move forward together and say, NO, break the blocks, smash them apart, bring back the PA where the n00b had as good a chance as anybody, where people would give advice to a n00b to help him, not to make him a quicker roid farm.

Perhaps what I am saying doesnt really affect you, then its too late, the game is as good as dead. And thats something which fills me with sorrow

Proud to be NoS

My views are my personal views and are not a statement from NoS

Last edited by Borg; 30 Apr 2004 at 17:32.
Borg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 17:41   #2
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of
Re: is this the end of PA :(

/me claps his hands and hands Borg a sweet candybar

Make next round random, easier to avoid blocks, and it makes it more excusable to break the block if someone should form it after all.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 17:52   #3
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

as things stand, the only ones who can stop blocking are the players themselves unfortunately. the alliances that are blocking ( and you KNOW who you are ) should be ashamed of yourselves
"we`re only blocking because x,y,z are " ISNT an excuse in my opinion
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 18:59   #4
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

clearly the way forward is to ban everyone who's ever cheated - get down to a hardcore playerbase of 20 or so and build up from scratch, eh xontas? must sound like your idea of heaven.

oh and phil^, correct me if I'm mistaken, but you shouldn't be (ab)using your mod powers on forums that don't directly concern you? - as in closing that other ace thread about emotionally imbalanced people who think being called a paedophile on IRC is a hangable offense - on a forum you're not a MOD on, nor an admin - and also didn't even read the whole thread if you think I like FT. Please in future, stick to just doing what your job entails in PA.

thanks.
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 19:24   #5
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts

leik whoa... im not sure that there really is anything that can be done.... I dont expect that PA will ever reach its peak again... new rounds are going to keep current players slightly interested.. but not bring new players in. As for the power-blocking.. not going to change unless you take alliances and galaxies out of the game.. then whats the point.

Are you sh*tting me? You mean my negrep is SOO LOW my opinion is worthless?
Qdeathstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 20:04   #6
thomas4
CHICKEN DIPPHAAAAZ

thomas4 is an unknown quantity at this point

And then the players that are good group their alliances together so you still get blocks. That doesn't really solve anything.
R4: [30:21:11] n00b
R5: [31:24:10] TFD
R6: [04:02:06] Xylem
R7: [27:20:11] Lithyn
R8: [29:02:05] Lithyn \ Elysium
R9: [05:05:09] WolfPack \ Sapientia (while it lasted...)
R9.5: [XX:XX:XX] Enjoying random inactivity...

Ex-Lithyn [\] †
thomas4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 21:09   #7
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

if ppl dont realise it yet pa sucks because its dying since a few rounds.
hardly anyone plays and those who play play it to win (understandable)
Once you create a game again which can attrack atleast 10k players you can try to influence ppl how they should play "your" game before that you should better waste your time on the product you try to sell.

On a sidenote pa never did need policies on how to play in the past but imo many ppl try to find just lame excuses why this game isnt successfull anymore. This other game (you all know the clone) has blocking and it has more players and infact is growing so the presented logic fails already.
The noob will have no chance in this game unless there are enough targets around and ppl can recover after beeing bashed and not just having constant incomings. To achieve this you need more players, if you reach 10k you can be sure youll have some time to breath after a knockout.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 22:08   #8
xontas

xontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the roughxontas is a jewel in the rough

yeah your right newt

heaven

no cheaters

now if you are retired..........please stop nagging in here ta

now, on with the game
xontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 22:53   #9
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

if everyone that was "retired" stopped posting on these forums, the place would be the internet equivalent of a graveyard. or an even better analogy for you, the forums equivalent of planetarion.

But I'll keep posting anyway. The stupidity, not to mention naivety, of people like you has got me hooked.
Unread 1 May 2004, 08:26   #10
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Planetarion has made a steady string of bad moves for a long time. No one who ran it ever fully understood how it worked and it showed. It must now either reinvent itself or settle for being small game played by very few.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2004, 10:10   #11
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt
if everyone that was "retired" stopped posting on these forums, the place would be the internet equivalent of a graveyard. or an even better analogy for you, the forums equivalent of planetarion.

But I'll keep posting anyway. The stupidity, not to mention naivety, of people like you has got me hooked.
if everyone who had retired stopped posting then we might actually have a rough idea of what the current players actually want.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2004, 15:24   #12
newt
Banned

thats a bit retarded tbh. You shouldn't be looking at ways to make the current game even more attractive to people who already play it. You should be thinking of ways to make people want to play it that don't already - and try to get back players who are "retired" for no other reason than the game is shit now (ppl like me)

That is supposing that you want a larger playerbase than the 200 or so active players you have at the moment? I would be inclined ot think so, but then chaps like xontas appear into the fray.
Unread 1 May 2004, 16:25   #13
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Why should the blocks break up, just because you are getting bashed?
Unread 1 May 2004, 16:46   #14
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

because they are stagnating the game
Unread 1 May 2004, 17:18   #15
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: is this the end of PA :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
because they are stagnating the game
And from this we infer they'd rather win a stagnated round than risk losing.

This isn't the first time the winning block has made this choice. Why is anyone surprised by this?
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2004, 18:11   #16
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactitus
And from this we infer they'd rather win a stagnated round than risk losing.

This isn't the first time the winning block has made this choice. Why is anyone surprised by this?
I don't think it's the stagnation that everyone is sick of, it's simply the level. I have played since rnd 3 and I have no memory of a round as stagnated as this one. In every other round there has been stagnation to some degree but iirc there has been at least one other war and at the very least there have been more players to have mini wars between themselves.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2004, 18:42   #17
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

Ok this would be a game and a game that someone needs to win!

Correct me if I’m wrong here but even the winning side dislikes stagnation?

Then if all sides agree that one side have the upper hand and can’t be beaten, so
declare them winner then and put it up in the PA history books!

Then break up the “fort” and let all enjoy and have fun again.
I know about shared gal etc… but since you got your declaration and place in the history book
your goal are reached, right?

It usually takes longer time for one side to be accepted as winners but this time it took just a few weeks and stagnation broke her ugly face pretty quickly.
Stagnation as we all see it comes with a lot of bad things as; moaning members from both sides, inactivity and people leaving to play other games etc etc.

Why is this so hard to understand and accept, you won – break up and let the community have some fun the last few weeks?

BTW nice post Mr Borg
Unread 1 May 2004, 18:53   #18
newt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
I don't think it's the stagnation that everyone is sick of, it's simply the level. I have played since rnd 3 and I have no memory of a round as stagnated as this one. In every other round there has been stagnation to some degree but iirc there has been at least one other war and at the very least there have been more players to have mini wars between themselves.
Surely r9 is worse than this? vvomm collapsed after the first few waves of incs - only 5 or so galaxies continuing to play against the 30+++ enemy galaxies. I can't remember but I don't think the big bad ToT/ely and co. split up? and even if they did it was far too late into the round to avoid the worst stagnation ever. [and I ended up in the #1 vvomm galaxy .. so god knows what the vast majority of the rest of vvomm thought of that round]

mmm I spose thats a little bit of a digression. Oh no, I'll make a relevant point too ...

... despite getting attacked twice a day every day, the round was still a lot of fun (till my allies ****ed me over (hi dreamy!!)). You people give in too easily these days; should make a fight of it instead of giving in after the first sign of trouble like 95% of the ****s in vvomm did.
Unread 1 May 2004, 19:16   #19
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
should make a fight of it instead of giving in after the first sign of trouble like 95% of the ****s in vvomm did.
And you are 100% sure you was in r9 vvomm?

Alot gave in yes... but there were still alot fighting aswell... nar gave up way easier then vvomm did considering nar's position in numbers/size to weet compared to vvomm against narweet. And tbh if every gal that belongs to your block gets incoming every day there are so many defence fleets needed that it will always look like everyone gave up.

And in the current rounds things are about the same as narweet / vvomm, numbers are not the problem (anymore) but size difference clearly is, and apparently the will to fight among alot of ppl is gone by now aswell... should say pld FPM for this brilliant show of political skills, but all they are doing is killing the last bit of pa, which i don't give them any respect, thnx or congratz for.. they are just a lame bunch of pussies
Unread 1 May 2004, 19:27   #20
newt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandows
And you are 100% sure you was in r9 vvomm?
erm lemmie think ... yeh, I was. Bless, can even remember my coords - 14:8:7 was me

Maybe vvomm didn't give up as soon as I said, but a hell of a lot did after a week. this was best seen not by the lack of defense, but mostly by the lack of participation in attacks. After a few weeks, the very few remaining top vvomm galaxies joined together to form a bg - sn0w leading it, and we had a bit of fun attacking the enemy - obviously losing more roids than we gained. But it was fun.

My galaxy was inactive, only 5-6 of us playing properly, none of cus could get defense from our alliances/friends (apart from Mitre ofc, and sporadically a few others like kilroy) - but yet we still finished high up.

So I'm inclined to think that if playing like that with constant incs, to still finish ranked 61st - the rest of you musta given up or just been extremely shite.
Unread 1 May 2004, 19:36   #21
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Surely r9 is worse than this? vvomm collapsed after the first few waves of incs - only 5 or so galaxies continuing to play against the 30+++ enemy galaxies. I can't remember but I don't think the big bad ToT/ely and co. split up? and even if they did it was far too late into the round to avoid the worst stagnation ever. [and I ended up in the #1 vvomm galaxy .. so god knows what the vast majority of the rest of vvomm thought of that round]

mmm I spose thats a little bit of a digression. Oh no, I'll make a relevant point too ...

... despite getting attacked twice a day every day, the round was still a lot of fun (till my allies ****ed me over (hi dreamy!!)). You people give in too easily these days; should make a fight of it instead of giving in after the first sign of trouble like 95% of the ****s in vvomm did.
r9 had stagnation, but in a lesser degree than this by miles. The block actually split up. Three wars happened, the first was heavily biased against Vvomm, but the second and third could have hurt both sides (again if Vvomm had actually bothered to join in the second one to a better degree). I would say thus say this round is much more stagnant and boring, moreso than r9 and r5.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2004, 19:59   #22
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Newt, how can you claim that r9 was worse when you're retired and not playing this round? This round stagnated more or less after a week, now we're at tick 1k+ and ppl get mighty bored, i for one just keep my account here while i play ********, not retired tho, just given up on this round and on fpm/wp. Offtopic, Newt, are you a 14 year old thats not getting any at all? you sound like such an arseh0le, glad i dont know you in RL.

* We do not exist *

Unread 1 May 2004, 20:03   #23
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking
Offtopic, Newt, are you a 14 year old thats not getting any at all? you sound like such an arseh0le, glad i dont know you in RL.
He's an incredibly cool guy in real life .
Unread 1 May 2004, 20:15   #24
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

in contrast of online where he mostly confront ppl he dont know or have to see face to face :\
wish less ppl would put on such an act just to show that they are not navive but more cynical, saddens me to see newt coming off as a "supporter of cheating/stagnation/hacking/namecalling/hostility/etc" just because he doesnt want to come off as "naive" as he calls it. Also, i cant see why ppl who say "Planetarion is dead, has been for rounds" bother to keep posting here, cause if you feel it is dead, then it is nothing to save. And your attitude doesnt help save any goddamn thing.

* We do not exist *

Unread 2 May 2004, 01:49   #25
newt
Banned

Attacking me personally is very mature isn't it? Now be a good little boy and go read the rules of the forums--> You've jsut broken a rule - you should be banned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or does breaking rules only apply to relatively inconsequential little games like planetarion?

But anyway, since you're obviously lacking sufficient brain power to read my posts - digest the material - and understand it all, here you go:

I am against cheating - any round I play at all properly (logging in more than once a day) I will never cheat (anymore) in and it pisses me off that others do. However I won't preach about it because I have cheated in the past. I find it very annoying that people like forest not only preach but take a huge moral highground about it all as well. Oh, and anyone who thinks that all cheaters should be banned cos they're scum etc etc etc, I'm afraid to say is either naive or fkin retarded. On the evidence I've seen so far, its more likely the latter of the two though.

What was next?

Supporter of stagnation????? All I said was that I had fun in r9 and made the most out of a bad situation instead of being a little girl (yeh, I'm a sexist twat too) and whining about the big bad bullies on the forums.

hacking - if you're stupid enough to be hacked by being sent programs then tough shit. 'Proper' hacking I am of course not in favour of, and I would like you to show me any post or comment anywhere that suggests I am :\

namecalling - well, good god! Get a grip and grow some balls! In public channels, its to be expected. As I've kept on saying; public channels really are shit, and notoriously unfunny. I am against name calling (thus don't frequent those channels / freak shows) - but I have no sympathy for sad cases that cry like a baby when a 17yr old with nothing better to do with his time calls him a few names. Jesussssss....

hostility - lolly roffle?? its the internet you freak. Get a grip (again).

Go attend a course in basic reading or something after you've read the rules, and hopefully delete your account in shame at yourself.

ps. erm, lol? just read your post on that hicks thread, what a class A plonker you really are.
Unread 2 May 2004, 01:58   #26
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
(again if Vvomm had actually bothered to join in the second one to a better degree).
You really did miss VvomM being outnumbered 5:1, and everyone just calling it quits. The NARSWEETFS block took a fairly long time to break up, no one in VvomM cared enough to wait about it, and then the breakup consisted of EET dropping allies and picking them off one by one.

In terms of blocking, R9 still holds the crown by a mile.
Unread 2 May 2004, 03:11   #27
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

Quote:
Attacking me personally is very mature isn't it? Now be a good little boy and go read the rules of the forums--> You've jsut broken a rule - you should be banned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or does breaking rules only apply to relatively inconsequential little games like planetarion?
I asked if you were a 14 year old with troubles getting laid....i didnt say you were
Quote:
Oh, and anyone who thinks that all cheaters should be banned cos they're scum etc etc etc, I'm afraid to say is either naive or fkin retarded.
Cheaters are supposed to get account closed no? or did i miss planetarion policy somewhere?
Quote:
Supporter of stagnation?????
Didnt say you where, i said you were so cynical that you come off as one(sounds like one)
Quote:
hacking - if you're stupid enough to be hacked by being sent programs then tough shit.
Not everyone is a computerfreak like you and dont expect ppl destroying their comuter/software over a game, ofc i use firewall etc, but doesnt mean that all ppl spend 50$ a year to keep their computer clean.
Quote:
'Proper' hacking I am of course not in favour of, and I would like you to show me any post or comment anywhere that suggests I am :\
Proper hacking or hacking, its still violation of other ppls property and illegal no?(no matter if you personally grade each case)
Quote:
namecalling - well, good god!
Ofc namecalling comes from stupid twats(including me), but still doesnt mean we need it in this game does it?(at least not when it turns into a fest where 10+ ppl constantly harass a person)
Quote:
hostility - lolly roffle?? its the internet you freak. Get a grip (again).
Call me a hippie in a wargame.
Quote:
Go attend a course in basic reading or something after you've read the rules, and hopefully delete your account in shame at yourself.
I'll do that.
Quote:
ps. erm, lol? just read your post on that hicks thread, what a class A plonker you really are.
Did you just attack me as a person aswell calling me a class A plonker....thought you said such things was against the rules....

* We do not exist *

Unread 2 May 2004, 03:24   #28
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Stagnation happens every round.

Every round the losing side moans and moans that they have been beaten because the others block. If it was the other way round, it'd be us moaning, and you'd be going "oh shut up".

Still, even though it happens every round (and don't give me that rubbish about this round being the worst - it's hardly like FPM holds every planet in the top 50 is it? - also it has been less than a week since we declared war on WP), we all come back to play another.

Mazz and Zhil, I like you both, but since WP has been dropped as an unofficial side in FPM, your posts are very stuck-record like, flaming every reply from anyone in the FPM block. I'm sorry you both chose the wrong alliance, but it really isn't our fault.
Unread 2 May 2004, 08:18   #29
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat

Every round the losing side moans and moans that they have been beaten because the others block. If it was the other way round, it'd be us moaning, and you'd be going "oh shut up".

Still, even though it happens every round (and don't give me that rubbish about this round being the worst - it's hardly like FPM holds every planet in the top 50 is it? - also it has been less than a week since we declared war on WP), we all come back to play another.

Mazz and Zhil, I like you both, but since WP has been dropped as an unofficial side in FPM, your posts are very stuck-record like, flaming every reply from anyone in the FPM block. I'm sorry you both chose the wrong alliance, but it really isn't our fault.
How did we choose the wrong alliance?

If you think anything I've said here isn't true then feel free to disprove it. And yes, I like teasing FAnG - like you never did?

And if you want to hear some real moaning you should been there when me and Zhil were laying into the WP HC for being mindless, fencesitting, useless and other such niceties.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2004, 08:29   #30
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Some people never learn indd.

Quote:
Now you realize that, you might even start to realize there is a problem there.

Quote:
The fact that the player base is decreasing (we don't all come back to play another round) might indicate there is a problem here that needs to be solved.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2004, 13:16   #31
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
i suggest taking the top 25 players from this round and then making them hc of an alliance each then when players sign up for the next round, they are randomly distributed in to an alliance with galaxies being seeded so they only have members of 3 or 4 alliances in them

completly random all the way!
Idi for president!

(In case people think i'm not taking this thread seriously, i think it's a radical but great idea.)

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2004, 14:49   #32
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushroom
Idi for president!

(In case people think i'm not taking this thread seriously, i think it's a radical but great idea.)

I love your avatar <3
Unread 2 May 2004, 15:52   #33
newt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking
I asked if you were a 14 year old with troubles getting laid....i didnt say you were
You broke the mighty forum rules.

Quote:
Did you just attack me as a person aswell calling me a class A plonker....thought you said such things was against the rules....
You really don't have much brain power in that head of your's do you? Thanks for amplifying one of my points though. I'm not against minor breakings of rules, and yes I see them as guidelines, which I break often. You on the other hand take rules to be the be all and end all, and in that other thread, insinuated you apply that line of thinking to everything, not just PA. I know its sad, but I like showing people to be hypocrits. Its so fkin easy to do on these forums too.

Back on topic, I have nothing to say But we seem to have this argument round after round after round and nothing ever happens about it. So expect blocks next round too Blocks or not, PA will die. We simply just need more players. Once read somewhere about having 2 universes - one for us PA-experts and another for free sign ups to play amongst themselves, maybe give 100-200 planets to experienced players who want to help the game along. Get those people playing in a free universe interested in the game on a level playing field - instead of expecting people to come into the 'real' PA - get bashed all the time by people 3 times their score and quit.

edit: with no account restrictions and would clearly need a lot of new players to sign up .. etcetcetc I know it'd never work and is impossible to put into action, but had to say summat relevant to the topic for once
Unread 3 May 2004, 01:28   #34
Mad Matte
Elysium Shepherd

Mad Matte is an unknown quantity at this point

The question about running 2 universes is faulty, as in that case, why would someone pay to play it? And if you want restrictions on free planets, that already exist and has existed for a long time now.
Mad Matte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2004, 13:47   #35
newt
Banned

no restrictions on free planets i said.

And if everyone is moaning about needing more players - thats the only way to sensibly do it. So if everyone whined at spending £3 more than the newbies for 3months of 'gaming' ... hmmm! Anyway, Its quite simple:

the game will always be shit with this playerbase.
-> so you need more players.

the blocking issue is pretty irrelevant. And the way things are at the moment, there is no hope of ever recruiting more players to the game than the number that quit the game each round. I wonder how many times an argument like that has been put forward on the forums so far :\