User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 11 Jan 2004, 16:40   #1
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Internet friends

How many internet friends (obviously your interpretation as that's the whole freaking point of it) do you have? As a corollary how many real life friends do you have?

I'd say I have 10 friends in real life and 8 on the internet. Seems to imply I'm a fairly balanced person but I'd have to say I'd probably have a wider range of "accquaintances" (ie people I'd talk to fairly regularly) on the internet. For talking to complete or (slight) strangers the internet's probably easier than real life as I usually find I have to put in effort to talk to someone new unless I like them straight off (which has happened twice ever).
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 16:41   #2
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future
Re: Internet friends

none on the i-net and around 8-10 irl.

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 16:41   #3
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Counting hurts my brain

(lol counting to 0 lol)
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 16:46   #4
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

I have 8 rl friends including the girlfriend

I have 8 internet friends including those I have met on a semi-regular basis irl after becoming friends on-line.

I have literally countless amounts of accquaintances of the welcoming sort (that I just don't have the personal time to make friends) and lots more accquaintances I keep face around rather than telling them to **** off you prick.

I find my optimum is 8 of each though.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 16:48   #5
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Counting, I'd say 12 or 13 friends in real-life, probably 1 or 2 internet friends.

I'm defining an internet friend as someone I can (and do) speak to an individual basis with considerable comfort and interest - i.e. they're on my contact list on MSN, etc, etc. That obviously excluses anyone here, although if the forums shut I'd miss the interaction with certain people (in a pub regular sort of way). In a similar vein, IRL there are probably people (the equivalent of pub regulars) I interact with - maybe another 4 or 5.

When I played PA, I used to speak to my galaxy mates a lot, so I suppose it would have been higher then.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 16:49   #6
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

2 Internet, 15 or so real life and a ****ton of accquaintances on line
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 16:54   #7
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
(in a pub regular sort of way)
Ello darlin, fancy a drink?
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 17:05   #8
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Maybe 6-7 very good friends (IRL). Maybe 25 people i hang around whit on a weekly basis, maybe even more, that might be considered friends or something like that.

No friends online, but many people i consider to be .
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 17:08   #9
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

online, i would say that there are only a couple of ppl that i would call true friends, but a number that are below that but above mere aquaintences
in RL, a good dozen or so real friends, again, a fair few ppl who fit about the aquaintences brakcet, and absolutle shitloads of aquaintences
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 17:10   #10
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You're gonna need to define friend.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 17:55   #11
KraKto$is8
Lurker

KraKto$is8 is infamous around these parts

Depends. A lot of my internet friends are now real-life friends, after meeting them - but the main commication is through the internet. Likewise, some people I met in real life I mainly communicate to with the internet, as they live far away.
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 17:57   #12
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Well I have had quite a few relationships online, in fact I would say most of my relationships are from the Internet. I didn't even meet half of them :S Some lasted a few hours, which was pathetic, and others lasted up to a month. My most memerable relationships was some1 called Biya from GLX \o/ he was a nice guy, we always talked. But I only saw 1 pic of him hehee, and I never met him. Also there was PyRo`, we lasted 5 - 6 months, lived 350 miles away but managed to see each other a grand total of 3 times (!) cos I had money :P But the last time we met each other didn't go well imo and things went downhill from there
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 18:01   #13
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

my msn list is half filled by friends (76/140) and the other half (64/140) is of internet friends

thes one i keep regular contact with etc. (best friends etc.) see 13 in Real life and 19 in internet.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 18:02   #14
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Well I have had quite a few relationships online, in fact I would say most of my relationships are from the Internet. I didn't even meet half of them :S Some lasted a few hours, which was pathetic, and others lasted up to a month. My most memerable relationships was some1 called Biya from GLX \o/ he was a nice guy, we always talked. But I only saw 1 pic of him hehee, and I never met him. Also there was PyRo`, we lasted 5 - 6 months, lived 350 miles away but managed to see each other a grand total of 3 times (!) cos I had money :P But the last time we met each other didn't go well imo and things went downhill from there
Quoting Gemz isn't funny.

It should be but everytime I read it it's less funny.

Maybe because everyone quotes it.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 18:03   #15
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

I think it's become tradition, or old charter.
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 18:05   #16
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

i disagree with concepts in the question so i cannot provide you with an answer.

demonstrate to me how the internet is not real.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 18:15   #17
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

probably about 15 r/l friends, and about 10 internet friends, however some of my internet friends are also r/l friends since we go to the same uni and see each other quite a lot.
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 18:21   #18
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

id say i have 4 best friends irl... and i would (and have) trusted my life with them.

probably about another 15 i would call friends irl...

not really any on the internet, theres lots of people whose company i enjoy, but i wouldnt call them "friends" as such.
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 18:23   #19
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think you need to define friend. Someone whos number you have and you feel comfortable calling? Someone you could drink with? Someone you do drink with regularly? Someone who if you needed them to, would drop what they are doing for you?

See, in the conventional tv friend sense, im not sure how many i have. In stirling im living with 5 people i really like next year. Theres also a good 8 other folk im friendly with. At work, i could happily go for drinks with 6 of the people there. Of my old group of friends i still play football and snooker with at least 10 of them. Of the group of friends i have now, id say theres a core of about 12 that come to my house regularly for my "mini-parties". And theres others i havent grouped who i know individually.

Ah hell, i dont know.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 18:29   #20
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

the reason i use the internet so much despite not having "friends" here (possibly my definition of friend is higher than many of yours) is that i do really enjoy my solitude and my own company. And the internet seems to be a very good way to enjoy myself while doing that.
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 18:34   #21
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about

2 internet friends and 4 best friends in RL innit. i don't bother counting people i speak to regularly as a friend (in real life that is), they're only my friend if i feel like inviting them to my house ever.
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 18:37   #22
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

8 people i drink with regularly.
6-10 people i drink with occasionally.
6 people off the internet i have shared a drink or 2 with.

Alcohol is not a big influence on my life .
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 19:34   #23
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Good friends in rl i'd say i have about: 10
Normal friends i'd say i have about: 15

No internet friends really as i dont really count people i havent met in rl friends, although there are people i like talking to on the inet. Which amounts to about 4 to 6.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 19:36   #24
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
I think you need to define friend. Someone whos number you have and you feel comfortable calling? Someone you could drink with? Someone you do drink with regularly? Someone who if you needed them to, would drop what they are doing for you?

See, in the conventional tv friend sense, im not sure how many i have. In stirling im living with 5 people i really like next year. Theres also a good 8 other folk im friendly with. At work, i could happily go for drinks with 6 of the people there. Of my old group of friends i still play football and snooker with at least 10 of them. Of the group of friends i have now, id say theres a core of about 12 that come to my house regularly for my "mini-parties". And theres others i havent grouped who i know individually.

Ah hell, i dont know.

Oh no. The question asks what is a friend to you. Part of the answer lies in how you define friend.

PS NB3, it's just a division in your head. Internet friends would be people who you haven't spent an extended period of time in their physical company.
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 19:40   #25
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
demonstrate to me how the internet is not real.
I think you are being rather unnecessarily literal here. The main distinction is where the majority of interaction takes place. It'd be possible to list pen-pals or phone friends too if the former wasn't shit and the latter not in common occurence.

As for Deffeh's point, there are multiple levels of friendship, and it's near impossible to categorise them all (since each relationship is individual, blah blah) so Jonny's point of self-definition seems fine.
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 19:44   #26
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
How many internet friends (obviously your interpretation as that's the whole freaking point of it) do you have? As a corollary how many real life friends do you have?
on the internet, I'd say about 4 I can call friends

irl, about 30 really good 'full time' friends, and at least that many 'part time' friends as well
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 19:56   #27
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

my point is that there is no division in my head, other people make a distinction between 'the internet' and 'real life' as if the two are totally seperate entities.

friends are friends. your defintion applies to some of my 'non-internet' friends as well.
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 20:16   #28
JonnyBGood
Banned

They're not two totally separate entities. I'm attempting to ascertain if there's a difference between the two general areas. If the definition applies to some of your non-internet friends then include them as a separate category.
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 20:39   #29
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

Quote:
my point is that there is no division in my head.
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 22:19   #30
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

only depressed people count their friends.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 2004, 23:37   #31
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 00:06   #32
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
Or people who have just been asked how many friends they have, surely?
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 00:12   #33
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute

Close friends irl: 1
Other friends irl: ~4
Good online friends: ~3
General online friends: ~12? something like that.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 01:04   #34
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

I only have 4 really close friends who I would trust with anything, two in real life and two online.

I then have about 10 good friends in real life with about 20-30 aquaintences.

Online it is probably higher, nearly totally down to pa and the fact my galaxy barely changed after round 4 so I was with the same people all the time, same for my alliance, was only ever in one alliance from r3-r10 and there was a certain group of us who would always talk. So probably about 25 people I would count as good friends and talk to regularly with a load of aquaintences then.

Quite sad I have more people I would class as good friends online than in real life heh.
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 01:16   #35
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
something and god but it's gay this'd just appear as a blank otherwise heh
If I asked you how many friends you've met in london and how many you've met elsewhere you'd be able to do that (or two other different places you've met friends in) I assume? Same scenario here. I'm not claiming there's anything inherently different about them. You can create a division between anything bar two utterly indistinguishable things, which your friends clearly aren't or you'd have trouble telling them apart on a day to day basis heh.
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 02:06   #36
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

13 internet friends, 0 rl friends
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 02:36   #37
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
If I asked you how many friends you've met in london and how many you've met elsewhere you'd be able to do that (or two other different places you've met friends in) I assume? Same scenario here. I'm not claiming there's anything inherently different about them. You can create a division between anything bar two utterly indistinguishable things, which your friends clearly aren't or you'd have trouble telling them apart on a day to day basis heh.
i answered the question you asked.

you did not ask how many of my friends i had met on the internet, and how many otherwise.
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 02:38   #38
JonnyBGood
Banned

No offence but did you think I meant internet friends as "people you met on mars"?
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 02:39   #39
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

internet friends implies that the main method of communication with such people is via the internet. It has no bearing on where or when said people where met.
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 03:16   #40
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point

I have 0 friends, alltogether
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 03:22   #41
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParraCida
I have 0 friends, alltogether
Susan will be your internet friend until we can afford a cheap rentable model!
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 03:28   #42
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to make sure, you do realise that with susan I mean you.

In which case, you ****ing gay homosexual.
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 03:31   #43
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParraCida
In which case, you ****ing gay homosexual.
I adapt for my best customers.
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 03:33   #44
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

about 10 in real life and 10 online, also I dont think you know what corollary means.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 03:35   #45
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
about 10 in real life and 10 online, also I dont think you know what corollary means.
I think we all got my meaning didn't we? And yeah I know, it was the first word that popped into my head and I just thought "why the **** not, nod won't be here to complain!". HOW WRONG WAS I?
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 03:38   #46
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If trying to increase your current level of education counts as complaining, then I'd hate to be one of your lecturers.
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 03:39   #47
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
If trying to increase your current level of education counts as complaining, then I'd hate to be one of your lecturers.
I'd hate to be one of my lecturers as well. I don't turn up for them and when I do I'm either loud or asleep.

PS There's some more great alexander marriot (or whatever that faggot is called) articles in your thread that were posted while you were away!
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 03:42   #48
Nodrog

You can fill me in on all the latest internet gossip in my return thread, entitled 'back'.
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 03:46   #49
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavius
Quote:
Im trying to surpass Mrl_Jakiri by being more pedantic than a 50000 page dictionary
FIXED FOR GREATER JUSTICE
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jan 2004, 03:54   #50
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough

I'm not fond of labels or clear cut lines, so I set a small criteria just for this thread; someone I would lend a significant sum of money to, and either trust I would get it back, or not care if it was a lifelong loan (aka gift).

2, perhaps 3 irl, not counting family

3 on the net. 4-5 if I bothered to stay in touch with people.