User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 18 Aug 2005, 14:12   #1
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Smile The most unsafe university towns

The main reason for posting this is to hopefully witness the despair of those about to go to one of these places for our own petty amusement

The 10 least safe...

1 The University of Nottingham
2 The Nottingham Trent University
3 The University of Leeds
4 Leeds Metropolitan University
5 The University of Hull
6 University of Manchester
7 The Manchester Metropolitan University
8 University of Teeside
9 The University of Wolverhampton
10 The University of Central England in Birmingham

The 10 safest...

1 The University of Plymouth
2 The University of Portsmouth
3 The University of Southampton
4 University of Hertfordshire
5 De Montfort University
6 The University of Central Lancashire
7 The University of Oxford
8 Thames Valley University
9 Anglia Polytechnic University
10 The University of Cambridge

http://money.msn.co.uk/Student/universitysafety/
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 14:15   #2
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: The most unsafe university towns

what you've forgotten to add though is that with two obvious exceptions, the safe ones are almost all shit (UH, DMU in particular)
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 14:16   #3
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
The 10 safest...

9 Anglia Polytechnic University
It won't be if MM gets a job there. How did that go, by the way?
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 14:21   #4
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
1 The University of Nottingham
2 The Nottingham Trent University
4 years in Nottingham as a student and i've survived, lucky me i guess .

Nottingham's not that bad though. A lot of the shootings are gang wars, so its only other gang members that get shot unless you happen to be mistaken for one. If you're stupid enough to go into the wrong places at the wrong time then you'll find trouble, but thats the same in all cities.
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 14:21   #5
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

The Cambridge that APU is in is safer than the Cambridge that Cambridge is in?
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 14:23   #6
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus
no.

it's safer because nobody hates their students.
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 14:24   #7
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus
There's an APU campus in Chelmsford, which I think is a very safe town.
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 14:35   #8
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
The 10 least safe...
5 The University of Hull
Worst place to live in the UK and 5th least safe Uni town.
It's going be a fun few years...

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 14:40   #9
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

My brother loves it at Hull to be fair.
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 14:46   #10
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
My brother loves it at Hull to be fair.
At the end of the day I did apply and I have accepted the place
I figured it's not exactly the best place in the world, but they have a great course for what I'm wanting to do (politics) so it balances out really.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 14:48   #11
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushroom
At the end of the day I did apply and I have accepted the place
I figured it's not exactly the best place in the world, but they have a great course for what I'm wanting to do (politics) so it balances out really.
theres low unemployment in hull because no-one wants to live there.

(true story, there's a big demand for IT workers in hull, cos no-one with sense stays there very long).

this is curious, because one of the things that was considered when decideding it the worse place in the country was unemployment...
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 14:51   #12
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This only listed England and Wales, so doesnt count.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 14:53   #13
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
This only listed England and Wales, so doesnt count.
it's not like scotland is worth mentioning though :P
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 14:57   #14
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Again, come back when your country stops voting conservative

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 15:08   #15
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
Again, come back when your country stops voting conservative
question mark
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 15:17   #16
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

lived in manchester for two years now and never been a victim of crime, although a girl i know has been mugged 4 times. maybe i just give off 'dont ****ing mess with me' vibes
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 15:18   #17
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

I`m surprised Portsmouth is one of the safest. It`s a Naval town, and I had a good kicking down there a few years ago.

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 15:21   #18
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dastardley_chihuahua
lived in manchester for two years now and never been a victim of crime, although a girl i know has been mugged 4 times. maybe i just give off 'dont ****ing mess with me' vibes
on the internet you sure don't
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 15:23   #19
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

I can understand how Nottingham can be seen as unsafe, but I still like the town.
Hull never appeared to be unsafe to me.
Leicester (De Montford Uni) is a very safe region.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 15:33   #20
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
question mark
er, he's right
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 15:35   #21
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyirt
I`m surprised Portsmouth is one of the safest. It`s a Naval town, and I had a good kicking down there a few years ago.
Portsmouth is pretty safe unless you piss someone off.

Last edited by lokken; 18 Aug 2005 at 15:41.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 15:41   #22
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Kloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud of

I can guaratee that Southampton isn't the 3rd safest Uni. Most of my friends took a battering during their three years there. Unless they're talking about each Uni's main campus.. If so, Southamptons Highfield Campus is a safe haven in the middle of a town of chavs, townies and utter bastard children. Most of the kids in the area are parents and not old enough to go to Uni yet. And the way the talk, christ!

Really, here are two fantastic accounts testament to the utter shitness of Southampton:
http://chavtowns.co.uk/modules.php?n...rticle&sid=534
http://chavtowns.co.uk/modules.php?n...ticle&sid=1037
Kloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 15:41   #23
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Portsmouth is pretty safe unless you piss someone off.

How is De Montfort 'safe' when compared to Leicester? It's in a far dodgier part of town.
I also wondered how De Montfort was on there but Leicester wasn't. I assumed it was something to do with the other campuses (Bedford??)
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 15:41   #24
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

Quote:
on the internet you sure don't
Oooohhh!
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 15:44   #25
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
er, he's right
maybe he would be if i had any ****ing idea what the bollocks the crazy scottish **** is on about.
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 15:44   #26
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The lists are based on the number of offences (most commonly muggings, vehicle-related theft and burglary) per thousand students, so it's really a list of unsecure campuses. They only gave a figure for Nottingham which was 156, so even that is only a 15.6% chance you'll be a victim of crime there.
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 15:45   #27
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
maybe he would be if i had any ****ing idea what the bollocks the crazy scottish **** is on about.
he's saying england is shit because it's full of ****ing toryboys.

i agree, for the record
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 15:47   #28
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

Quote:
he's saying england is shit because it's full of ****ing toryboys.

i agree, for the record
except it isnt ?
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 15:49   #29
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

more people voted tory than any other party in england in the last general election. maybe doesnt make england 'full of tory boys' but more than you get in wales and scotland.
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 15:51   #30
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

Quote:
more people voted tory than any other party in england in the last general election. maybe doesnt make england 'full of tory boys' but more than you get in wales and scotland.
oh.

well next time he tries a retort I recommend it actually be something someone's aware of, so that it actually works and everything.
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 16:00   #31
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
The lists are based on the number of offences (most commonly muggings, vehicle-related theft and burglary) per thousand students, so it's really a list of unsecure campuses. They only gave a figure for Nottingham which was 156, so even that is only a 15.6% chance you'll be a victim of crime there.
Are you sure it wasn't 156%? I.e. you're likely to get mugged 1.56 times?!
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 16:02   #32
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
well next time he tries a retort I recommend it actually be something someone's aware of, so that it actually works and everything.
i wanted to talk about how horrendous this logic was but settled on calling you a cretin.

Cretin.
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 16:15   #33
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

Quote:
i wanted to talk about how horrendous this logic was but settled on calling you a cretin.

Cretin.
:cry:
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 17:05   #34
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

safety is inversely proportional to quality of nightlife.

well, kind of.

anyway, im at MMU (7th most dangerous apparently) and it doesnt really bother me. It's not like there are gangs roaming through the streets at night looking for students on their own to beat up and mug. Well, there probably are actually, but you shouldnt be going to the same places they do.
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 17:07   #35
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
well i havent been mugged, but i have been put in hospital by a random lout. I was also in a fight last year, but nothing big.
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 17:48   #36
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

In violent America, I was last in a fight in 1954 (8 years old). I last was personally present when a fight occurred in 1963 (junior year of high school, small race riot). I guess I give out that "too shit to bother with" vibe.
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 20:06   #37
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

So where does exeter come?
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 22:30   #38
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I'm rethinking going to Nottingham on my exchange. When discussing the place people often remark that it is either a crime infested slum, or alternativly they try to explain why "It isn't that bad really".

Which implies that in the minds of right thinking people it really is bad and that these people still cling to some delusional home town loyalty.
Cooling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 22:42   #39
JC
lolly roffle

I'm not from Nottingham, i've lived there for 4 years, i like it.

You'll hear bad stories about any city in the world. You'ld never step foot in London for fear of being involved in some kind of terrorist act, you wouldnt go to Glasgow because its full of waring Rangers and Celtic fans, you wouldnt go to Manchester because you might end up in Moss Side and M&S got blown up by the IRA and you wouldnt go to Nottingham because you'll get shot.
Unread 18 Aug 2005, 22:58   #40
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Wonder why Carlisle isn't on the list as the locals here really don't like stoodents (or foreigners, southerners,northerners, geordies, the scottish, welsh, irish, blacks, browns, yellows, each other). It's really not a nice place on an evening sadly.

And if you are from Barnet, then you are in REAL trouble.

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 00:08   #41
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
The 10 least safe...
5 The University of Hull
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
The 10 safest...
2 The University of Portsmouth
hmmm... perhaps i should have reconsidered my firm (Hull) and insurance (Pompey) uni's while i had the chance and stayed local.

Still, Hull didn't look to be that unsafe. It's too dull to be so crime infested
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 00:12   #42
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

may i interject to throw my considerable support behind dear sweet Hull?

i always found it a terribly charming place. the gin was cheapand plentiful. both genders were well toned and wore scant clothing. indeed of all of my bizzare trips for a 'night out' in the provinces i enjoyed hull by far the most.

(canal street in manchester, indeed manchester as a whole was terribly disapointing)

my only complaint about hull is; must they make the dancefloor move?
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 00:29   #43
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

how the **** is portsmouth #2, I thought that was a football town or something
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 11:16   #44
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: The most unsafe university towns

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
It won't be if MM gets a job there. How did that go, by the way?
Refused entry. Probably not even going to get in anywhere this year.

The list itself isn't exactly a surprise. All the unis with campuses in leafy nowheres are 'safe', whilst all those who have campuses in actual cities are 'unsafe'.

Would have never guessed!
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 11:26   #45
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Refused entry. Probably not even going to get in anywhere this year.
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 16:52   #46
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
The list itself isn't exactly a surprise. All the unis with campuses in leafy nowheres are 'safe', whilst all those who have campuses in actual cities are 'unsafe'.
unfortunatly this theroy doesn't apply to Soton or Portsmouth, both of which are located in the middle of the city
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2005, 16:54   #47
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

and southamptons main campus is right next to the flower estate, which is well known for its general shitness.
Unread 22 Aug 2005, 22:59   #48
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
I also wondered how De Montfort was on there but Leicester wasn't. I assumed it was something to do with the other campuses (Bedford??)
De Montford Bedford should really be one of the LEAST safest.
So if it isn't De Montford Leicester, or De Montford Bedford, what is it?

Also, why isn't Sheffield on there? It's the safest city in the country and in 4 years there I barely heard of any trouble at all.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Aug 2005, 23:11   #49
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
De Montford Bedford should really be one of the LEAST safest.
So if it isn't De Montford Leicester, or De Montford Bedford, what is it?

Also, why isn't Sheffield on there? It's the safest city in the country and in 4 years there I barely heard of any trouble at all.
presumably it's not Milton Keynes. we had gun crime once; that was six years ago. otherwise, it's cake all the way here
Unread 22 Aug 2005, 23:32   #50
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brass Eye
David Amess, the Conservative Member of Parliament for Southend West, was fooled into filming an elaborate video warning against the dangers of a fictional Eastern European drug called Cake, and went as far as to ask a question about it in Parliament . The bright-yellow cake-sized pill, which many featured celebrities such as Sir Bernard Ingham, Noel Edmonds, Rolf Harris held as they talked, purportedly affected an area of the brain called Shatner's Bassoon and was frequently referred to as "a made-up drug".
o rly?