User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 17 Apr 2004, 23:48   #1
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Oi! Jamblyjim! (and anyone else interested in desktop theming still...)

I saw your mac desktop thingy in your thread. This annoys me. I don't understand why people go out and buy one computer and then spend incredible amounts of effort trying to make it act like a different one.
I agree that a minimalist theme is pleasent, so with this in mind I set out to prove that minimalist theme does not have to mean mac theme.

Please observe the results of my efforts (took about 6 hours of work, or there abouts):
Empty desktop
Desktop with a couple of windows + start menu
Desktop with maximised window (i've restricted the desktop maximise area to keep the lower tools clear).

The start menu, taskbar, system tray and desktop are not rendered by Explorer, they are using a shell replacement called Aston which allows for all sorts of creativity and is generally quite good. The "start" button is the "load" icon in the top left of the desktop btw. The very large clock on the desktop is a plugin available for Aston (there are a fair few plugins that do various things).
The desktop wallpaper itself is the excellent and obscurely named "Maybe it's over to the left" by smashmethod, available here.
The toolbar in the bottom right is the latest version of Y'z Dock. The icons used on it (as well as the "load" icon used for the "start" button) are from the Indream Redux set by bluerei, available here.
The stats in the centre and bottom left are rendered by Samurize, which is pretty much reckoned to be the best stats tool in the business. The bar in the bottom centre displays winamp info; Playlist pos/Playlist total, Artist - Title, Song pos/Song Total. The bar itself is a progress bar for the current song, the darker grey colour showing how much has played so far.

The window theming is done using Windowblinds and the shadows done with WindowFX. The Windowblinds theme used is Simplex by Essorant, available here. I copied and modified the menu graphics from this theme to form the graphics for the start menu (Aston allows you to theme anything and everything involving the desktop and taskbar).

I think that just about credits everyone. I'll be the first to admit that none of it apart from the Samurize stats is my own original work, but its a pretty good composition none the less imo.
Not bad for 6 hours.

Unread 17 Apr 2004, 23:53   #2
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Oi! Jamblyjim! (and anyone else interested in desktop theming still...)

i like your background pic.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 17 Apr 2004, 23:59   #3
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Its not so much me trying to make my PC into a mac. I dont want the hassle of its silly nonwindows compatibly OS and its one button mouse.

however...pretty wise macs are just that. The OS is rather nice to look at and i liked the look so i thought 'im going to find out how to get something close'

After much toying i realised that what i wanted wasnt a precise copy but something that was functional but pretty in a mac kinda way.

Ive heard about Aston. Litestep is also something i toyed with a few years ago but i found it was sometimes unstable when gaming. And a pain in the ass (whenever anyone bar me needed to use the pc i had to explain it wasnt windows/mac/linux etc and it was litestep and this is how to use it)

But yes it takes an age to make anything worth while.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 00:07   #4
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

Litestep is ace > Aston (more apps and widgets for Litestep)

http://sleepyone.org/o/currentdesk.jpg - here's my transformed desktop over my old one - http://sleepyone.org/o/olddesk.gif
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 00:23   #5
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Ook, does this mean I can post my desktop and not look like I missed the boat ?

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 00:28   #6
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yes.
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 00:52   #7
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

\o/

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 01:12   #8
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

This is using Window Blinds, Object Bar and WindowsFX. The Theme is called BlackComb and it's very pretty and flatters this computer slightly (if anyone has a spare PIII 500 processor floating about I would be very pleased to see it appear on my doorstep one day)

1st one 2nd one

and tonight I tracked down a Winamp Blackcomb skin so I am a happy chappie

This machine is an IBM model 6889 Intelliserver filled with big hard drives and enough memory to club a pikey to death with. Cost me £75. A bargain methinx

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 01:22   #9
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The Prodigy track playing on the first image is titled wrongly.

I love pedantry.
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 01:30   #10
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

oddly enough i have a p3 500 sitting at home....but its at home....not here
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 01:35   #11
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Blackbomb sucks though - the StyleXP Windows.NET style = better heh
----------retired-------
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 02:39   #12
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
Blackbomb sucks though - the StyleXP Windows.NET style = better heh
Not very useful on Win2K though

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 02:41   #13
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
The Prodigy track playing on the first image is titled wrongly.

I love pedantry.
Prodigy ?

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 03:17   #14
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute

WindowBlinds eats your ram

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 03:38   #15
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

why cant you faggots just use clouds and be more concerned with whats on your computer rather than how it looks.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 04:19   #16
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
why cant you faggots just use clouds and be more concerned with whats on your computer rather than how it looks.

too drink to ttupe anything,
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 05:05   #17
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Why do 99 out of 100 skins need double the screenspace of the standard Windows design?
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 11:29   #18
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushroom
WindowBlinds eats your ram
Buy more

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 13:24   #19
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaio
Prodigy ?

Vaio
3 Kilos.
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 13:55   #20
Deciduous

Deciduous is an unknown quantity at this point

Shockingly good
Deciduous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 14:08   #21
Androme
☆ ♥ 

rofl
----------retired-------
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 15:09   #22
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
3 Kilos.
If you listen carefully, you can here the swoosh as that goes over my head

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 15:11   #23
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

He meant the first image in the thread.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 15:55   #24
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

Presumably that the prodigy track is called "3 kilos" not "kilos".
When I rip my albums to the pc i just shove the disk in the drive and use a CDDB aware ripper, so if CDDB has the info wrong then so do I - ooops.

Fixed now (not in the image tho - as if i can be bothered...!)
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 15:55   #25
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Heh, I can't go round letting people get away with badly named Prodigy tracks now, can i?
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 16:01   #26
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Thanx LHC, I didn't want to look too silly

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 18 Apr 2004, 23:41   #27
Androme
☆ ♥ 

has anyone managed to find a complete longhorn suite?

nothing I have seen is able to produce this - http://www.jonmooring.org/images/longhorn_2.jpg

and has anyone obtained a build of longhorn? I want to know if any of these programs like Yz Dock etc. would work on it? I know of a certain server with it on (DirectConnect one) but on 56k it's not really worth a download heh, especially if none of the programs will work
----------retired-------
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 00:12   #28
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

i dl'ed Longhorn a few month back.

It's canny, very pretty, but about as stable as Sunday on a sugar rush.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2004, 11:15   #29
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

longhorn sounds like microsoft's foray into the porn world.

oh, so this thread is not completely useless, in The start button, how do I get rid of the silly windows logo and word "start" I used themexp to do a Radical Edward style, and this is the one thing I don't seem to be able to rid myself of.

much thanks.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2004, 01:20   #30
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

bumping thread cos someone knows.
Unread 23 Apr 2004, 02:11   #31
JammyJim
Godfather

most themes will get rid of it for you tbh. if not then get 'skin studio' and work with windowblinds skins. you can make your own etc.
Unread 23 Apr 2004, 12:55   #32
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

has anyone managed to find a weather script that isnt entirely ****ing american and/or doesnt work ?
Unread 23 Apr 2004, 13:11   #33
JammyJim
Godfather

ive got one that checks the UK weather.

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/sidat/

uses samurize
Unread 23 Apr 2004, 14:09   #34
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

you rock JJ

next quest, get me an email checker that works with multiple IMAP accounts. (all the ones i've found are POP3, and thats useless)
Unread 23 Apr 2004, 14:40   #35
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

http://www.sharewareriver.com/product.php?id=8692

unf
Unread 23 Apr 2004, 14:41   #36
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

bah, doesnt work because it has no 'username' entry, it assumes it from the address.

edit : JJ, the weather thing seems to work but im not getting any graphics and im sure i've put them in the right place(s) :/

Last edited by NEWSBOT3; 23 Apr 2004 at 14:49.
NEWSBOT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2004, 15:24   #37
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

You mean just a program that checks if you've got mail and tells you every so often, or that does a whole Outlook 'download'em and read'em' thing?
Unread 23 Apr 2004, 15:58   #38
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

NB3:
Sounds daft, but what happens if you put the username as the address? Assuming IMAP signin protocol is about the same as POP (ok, so a fairly big assumption) it wouldn't need to know the email address.
Just a thought.
Unread 23 Apr 2004, 16:04   #39
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

cunning plan.
sec.
Unread 24 Apr 2004, 01:15   #40
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

bastards!

spent all night trying to make an ace desktop - at the point now where I'm on the brink of suicide, or maybe a slightly less drastic action of just a format to rid my pc of all those damned programs.

god damn it.
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Apr 2004, 10:37   #41
JammyJim
Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
bah, doesnt work because it has no 'username' entry, it assumes it from the address.

edit : JJ, the weather thing seems to work but im not getting any graphics and im sure i've put them in the right place(s) :/

tbh i gave up trying to get the graphics to work on it.....they just dont seem to like it at all.....

after checking the what it looks for it seems to just want to load 0.png

regardless of the weather.
Unread 24 Apr 2004, 10:55   #42
JammyJim
Godfather

ive found another that works
search for weather uk on the samurize site (you need to register)

it should find a few. however currently the weather channel isnt reporting the conditions properly in Aber.

Its a Balmy 16degrees C with a humidity of 66% and unlimited visibility. !!
Winds are a calm northern breeze.

aces
Unread 24 Apr 2004, 14:00   #43
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

funky, will look, however the old one is now working and im not sure what i did to make it so.
Unread 24 Apr 2004, 14:16   #44
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

Technology. You gotta love it.