User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 16 Jun 2004, 11:43   #1
Bulbster

Bulbster is an unknown quantity at this point
Notebook Bluetooth Help

Hi
I just bought a Toshiba Satellite P20. It came with bluetooth software installed but not the hardware.

I was looking at the diagram of the laptop & it says that one of the slots underneath is for a bluetooth card. I am new to this & I am a little confused as too what I need to get bluetooth enabled??? Do I need a card or USB connection or both????

Thanks!
Bulbster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2004, 15:59   #2
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough
Re: Notebook Bluetooth Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbster
Hi
I just bought a Toshiba Satellite P20. It came with bluetooth software installed but not the hardware.

I was looking at the diagram of the laptop & it says that one of the slots underneath is for a bluetooth card. I am new to this & I am a little confused as too what I need to get bluetooth enabled??? Do I need a card or USB connection or both????

Thanks!
you can get hardware in slot or USB form
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2004, 03:40   #3
Bulbster

Bulbster is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, which is best?
Bulbster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2004, 09:56   #4
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough

generally i steer clear of anything USB with laptops, but if its USB it can be used on desktops too.
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2004, 11:41   #5
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If you're only using bluetooth sparingly or would like to use it on a second machine/desktop go the USB route. If you're always using it, on trains etc, and don't want a dongle sticking precariously out the back of your lappy, go the card route. Card'd probably be more expensive but neither option is extortionate, sub-£50 sounds reasonable.
Unread 18 Jun 2004, 21:13   #6
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

drop it, bluetooth, to be honest, sucks big time.

Or in fact, it sucks here because it refuses to pick a channel my AP isn't already using...

so half the time the bluetooth doesn't work at all, the other half of the time it only barely works at best

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote