User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 1 May 2004, 18:18   #1
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future
I try to explain

a couple of minutes ago, i couldnt use the internet. although there was a connection, Opera always said "Remote server closed connection".

i assumed this had something to do with a programm/file on my PC (which i couldnt find) which always tried to connect to the internet (the file/programm/site/whatever called ....mykgb.com afaik!)

via "msconfig" i clicked abit around (right next to the option Boot.ini), rebootet my pc and i now opera works fine (sidenote: IE also didnt work).

i assume that i might have a virus, but i cant run a anti-virus programm (like AV) or an anti-virus scanner (like house-call).

does anyone has/had a similiar problem and knows an answer to what i should do now?

ps: i dont know if that has something to do with that, but my other problem is, that i file called "1114_up.exe" starts and closes multiple time in "processes"(alt + ctrl + del --> processes). the username of this file is "System". anyone know what this files does to my computer?!

pps: sorry for my bad english, but if you dont understand what i mean, plz repost here, i am really scared atm

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2004, 20:47   #2
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough
Re: I try to explain

nuke your pc, that'll solve it
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote