User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 3 Mar 2004, 16:37   #1
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
problem with my dvd-rom

it only reads at 2x-speed.
maybe that is because its in pio-mode, not udma, im not sure about that.
anyway, if thats the problem how the hell do i change that? ivs set it to 'dma, if available' but it is still pio-mode

what else do i have to do?
Unread 3 Mar 2004, 20:42   #2
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough
Re: problem with my dvd-rom

check the bios first, if its set on auto already then leave it.

boot back to windows, I'll assume that your drive is NOT on the same cable as your OS drive. With that assumption made, just delete the IDE channel that the DVD is on, windows should auto detect the channel again with every device running at full speed.

That is the solution i found using google with my DVD rom.

(I assume you're using Win2k/XP aswell)
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 13:12   #3
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough

well, did it work?!
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Mar 2004, 14:43   #4
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

havent tried yet. yesterday i put the dvd-rom on primary ide together with my hd. that worked. but today i want to put my dvd-/+ r(w) and another hd in this pc, so ill see if it works then.
thanks.