User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 29 Dec 2003, 15:09   #1
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Shite adware spyware shite

Having had this new PC, all of, about 5 weeks.

Yesterday I managed to get an assload of shit spyway programs on here.

Adaware did its best, but they're still here.

Help.
Unread 29 Dec 2003, 15:16   #2
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Re: Shite adware spyware shite

You clearly want AdAware .
Nice all-in-one program. Scans files / registry / internet explorer / hidden-pop-up-stuff / cookies.
Lists everything to you, you select the bad stuff you want to get rid off, and that's it.

Can only recommend it, clearly DOES help!
Unread 29 Dec 2003, 15:16   #3
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

I have a simlar thing, its currently annoying the absolute bollocks off me.

Infact, my bollocks are so annoyed they've ****ed off the kebaby without me.
Unread 29 Dec 2003, 15:21   #4
Rids
The Bad Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetLinus
You clearly want AdAware .
Nice all-in-one program. Scans files / registry / internet explorer / hidden-pop-up-stuff / cookies.
Lists everything to you, you select the bad stuff you want to get rid off, and that's it.

Can only recommend it, clearly DOES help!
Adaware has got rid of some, but its not got rid of it all, which was the point of the starting post :/
Unread 29 Dec 2003, 15:30   #5
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Spybot Search & Destroy
Unread 29 Dec 2003, 15:32   #6
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about

Thank you thank you thank youi for telling me about adaware!

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired
-=Zyth=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2003, 15:34   #7
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about

273 new objects my life was hell

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired
-=Zyth=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2003, 15:50   #8
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i installed a version of kazaa the other day that installed 252 pieces of adware on my computer
i was not amused
Unread 29 Dec 2003, 16:10   #9
Noctu
Teh Portal Coder

Noctu is on a distinguished road

Reformat.
Noctu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2003, 16:22   #10
Rids
The Bad Guy

Spybot seems to have got most of them, still one ****ing program there that needs to go!

I WILL FIND YOU!
Unread 29 Dec 2003, 16:35   #11
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Some spyware programs are so malicious as to even make an uninstall entry. Make sure you check the list

(Configuration Screen -> Software)
Unread 29 Dec 2003, 17:58   #12
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough

Try Spybot Search & Destroy, i use this and adaware together, with AVG and ZA,
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2003, 20:46   #13
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
Seconded
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2003, 21:56   #14
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

http://www.metronomy.com/

What would Spybot think about this?
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2003, 00:55   #15
FooFighter

FooFighter can only hope to improve

ok, i just got AdAware, concidentally after reading this thread i started getting pop ups hmmmm

so i got AdAware installed and running and i done 'scan now' and it found 504 items so do i quarantine them or delete them and will deleting have any side effects on my PC a quick reply is much appreciated
FooFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2003, 01:55   #16
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
http://www.metronomy.com/

What would Spybot think about this?
:eek:

If I was a UK student, I'd have ordered 3 already
Unread 30 Dec 2003, 01:59   #17
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
:eek:

If I was a UK student, I'd have ordered 3 already
They're pretty useless for anything except net useage (due to the adverts every 20 minutes), and you don't need a pc of that spec for that, do you?

Although the graphics card is the sucky sucky.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2003, 17:04   #18
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

you could leave it running all day without the monitor and take the good parts out of it and swap them with your old PC and use it as a second hard drive or something
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2003, 18:01   #19
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's only "lent" to you (see the T&C) so I doubt you're allowed to tamper with it.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2003, 18:01   #20
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
you could leave it running all day without the monitor and take the good parts out of it and swap them with your old PC and use it as a second hard drive or something
You need to be using it (it requires feedback for the adverts), and also I doubt you'd be allowed to swap the parts around, either by the T&C or practically (remember the required net connection, and communication with base)
Unread 30 Dec 2003, 18:04   #21
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm sure there some kind of scam you can use it for (I don't know, some kind of automatic response to the ads) and then using the HDD to store stuff on, but it's probably not worth the hassle.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2003, 18:05   #22
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

The only real use I can see is just have 5 of them working away on Ligand Fit quietly.
Unread 30 Dec 2003, 18:22   #23
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

The world would be a better place without spyware
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime