User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 23 Dec 2003, 17:25   #1
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society
As S1

anyone know any decent webbies that'll help me revise for S1?
Unread 23 Dec 2003, 17:52   #2
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: As S1

http://www.<insert exam board here>.org.uk/
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2003, 17:54   #3
Grimble v2.0
Bernard Black

Grimble v2.0 is an unknown quantity at this point

www.wehelpyoureviseforS1oryourmonkeyback.co.uk
Grimble v2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2003, 18:57   #4
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Does S1 even need revision? Even I understand it!
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2003, 19:03   #5
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough

Just practice past papers, if you don't even know where to start in 50% of the Q's, then wtf have you been doing thise semester?
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2003, 19:04   #6
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckeh!!!!
Just practice past papers, if you can even start to answer 50% of it, then wtf have you been doing thise semester?
I'm assuming you're not english, because otherwise you wouldn't be talking of 'Semesters'.

In which case, how the hell can you advise someone on AS S1?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2003, 19:22   #7
Ugly Monkey
Super Ultimate Cool

Ugly Monkey is infamous around these partsUgly Monkey is infamous around these parts

I find the best and most effective way to revise anything begins with me turning the computer off. Everything you need should be in your textbook.
Ugly Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2003, 19:34   #8
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

He's right you know
Unread 23 Dec 2003, 19:46   #9
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of

Please to be explaining exactly what this AS S1 is. I assume that AS = those rediculous 'half a-level' things that the government in it's wisdom intruduced after I'd finished my A-Levels, but S1?
Unread 23 Dec 2003, 20:00   #10
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of

Download the specification from the exam board.

And if your exam board is OCR buy the OCR S1 book, it's all fairly simple stuff. All I did was copy all of the things in the important grey shaded boxes onto a couple of pages, which is actually more than you need to know, then use that to go through some past exam papers, whilst going through the papers if there are any questions that you cannot answer, add answers to them to your couple of pages of notes.

Then learn those pages.

100%.

A.

All this should take you no more than a few hours.
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2003, 20:02   #11
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath The Sorcerer
Please to be explaining exactly what this AS S1 is. I assume that AS = those rediculous 'half a-level' things that the government in it's wisdom intruduced after I'd finished my A-Levels, but S1?
They've been about for quite a while, but they've only been really mainstream in the last few years.

AS is, strictly speaking, just the award you get. Modules aren't bound to one or the other (AS or A2), although some earlier ones may be easier because they're designed for people who may not want to carry on with the subject until A2.

S1 is the Mathematics module Statistics 1 (of 6), and like all Maths 1 modules, is slightly easier.
Unread 23 Dec 2003, 23:53   #12
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
I'm assuming you're not english, because otherwise you wouldn't be talking of 'Semesters'.

In which case, how the hell can you advise someone on AS S1?
Well, term/semester same thing really, my uni uses semesters which has stuck in my head now.

I only got like a high C in T1 (it was called T1 when I did it, no idea how different the syllabus is now)
Unread 24 Dec 2003, 00:13   #13
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

I hope you only have 2 semesters, or there'll be HELL TO PAY.
Unread 24 Dec 2003, 00:17   #14
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Yes, sept-dec, then Jan till exams (April/May)