User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 18 Aug 2006, 17:34   #1
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Premeirship Day 1 - Gambling

So, just stuck my bets on for the day, just figured I would share, and hopefully steal some ideas from the other gamblers out here.

Arsenal - 1 vs Aston Villa

Arsenal, Chelsea, United, Liverpool and Spurs to win on an accumulator.

Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool on a Treble.
Chelsea, United, Arsenal on a Treble.
Spurs, Liverpool, United on a Treble.

Pretty shitty odds, but there was nothing that reached out and grabbed me this week.
Unread 18 Aug 2006, 18:38   #2
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Premeirship Day 1 - Gambling

Liverpool (away to SheffUtd), Everton (home to Watford), Blackburn (away to pompey) 50p @ 7/1

Arsenal (home to villa), Tottenham (away to bolton), Crystal Palace (away to brum) 50p @ 11/1

Newcastle (home to wigan), Boro (away to reading), Sunderland (away to southend) 50p @ 12/1

OUTRIGHT BET - Chelski to win the prem, West Brom to win the championshit, Celtic to win the SPL, Liverpool to win the Prem (minus chelsea). 50p returns £25 iirc

Keane to score more this season than darren bent 6/5
Cahill to score more than nolan 4/6
Gerrard to score more than ballack 4/6
Rooney to score more than lampard 8/13

50p returns £10 or something

Liverpool to finish ahead of arsenal 5/6
Man Utd to finish ahead of arsenal 8/11
Blackburn to finish ahead of newcastle 6/5
Everton to finish ahead of wham 5/6
Villa to finish ahead of wigan 5/6

50p returns 10-15, cant remember

Dundee Utd to beat Dunfermline 10/11
Hibs to beat motherwell 4/6
Huns to beat edinburgh huns 5/6
Newcastle to beat wigan 4/6
Wham to beat charlton 10/11

£1 returns £15ish

Aberdeen to beat st mirren 6/4
Tottenham to beat bolton 6/4
Reading to beat boro* 11/8

£1 returns £15ish

Premiership points handicap - Everton (+35) to win the premiership - 15/1 50p

SheffUtd/Liverpool, over 2.5 goals 21/20
Pompey/Bburn over 2.5 goals 6/5
Newcastle/Wigan Under 2.5 goals 8/11
Wham/Charlton Over 2.5 goals 21/20

50p returns whatever, 10-15ish

As you can see i didnt really like the odds this week so i just ****ed £6 on a load of old crap

*im well aware ive taken the reverse earlier, the first three bets are part of blue square's "value added trebles" offer. which you should get on.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2006, 22:48   #3
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Liverpool (away to SheffUtd), Everton (home to Watford), Blackburn (away to pompey) 50p @ 7/1

This is a cracking bet and i'd be surprised if it doesn't bring home monies to Deff.
Unread 18 Aug 2006, 22:58   #4
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Optimistic for your team?
Unread 18 Aug 2006, 23:41   #5
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

I've only actually bothered looking into the premiership games this weekend. As both a regular bettor and a diehard Watford fan I have to say I don't think taking an Everton win is a great idea.

The first few games in a season are where I've made a few quid more than usual on the premiership because:

The 'good' teams i.e. Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool usually change their first squad by around 4-6 players over the summer break and while they've played friendlies etc the team hasn't played a 'real' match together and chances are they aren't comfortable with eachother yet and still need some time to gel.

Likewise, the 'bad' teams i.e. Watford, Sheffield Utd, Reading haven't mixed it up a great deal, and are playing the same game they've played for a year or more, with the same people. They also want to prove that they are Premiership material and not some YoYo team destined for the Championship in 38 weeks time.

So! My picks for the week (and I just know that now I've told other people in advance they'll all lose ) are as follows:

Arsenal v Aston Villa - X2 @ 5/2
Bolton v Tottenham - TOT @ 8/5
Everton v Watford - X2 @ 11/10
Man Utd v Fulham - X2 @ 3/1

As you can see I've taken a few X2's - which incase anyone doesn't know - is a double chance of either a draw or an away win. These usually come with some pretty nice odds and there's always a few upsets in the Premiership, especially at the start. Also the public will bet on the big 4 regardless of the odds, which just pushes the returns from the X2's right up.

I also placed equal stakes on three draws for the next games. I figure at least one of these games is going to end in a draw - in which case I make small profit. 2 or 3 draws and I'm golden.

Portsmouth v Blackburn - DRAW @ 21/10
Reading v Middlesbrough - DRAW @ 21/10
West Ham v Charlton - DRAW @ 11/5

GL with whatever picks you choose.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2006, 10:53   #6
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon_Fodder
Optimistic for your team?
It's Blackburn. Getting screwed over by Blackburn at Fratton is the law. It'll either be 90 minutes of sheer timewasting, someone getting one of our players sent off or an individual performance despite us roasting Blackburn for the whole game.

They haven't lost at Fratton since 1990, which for an away record is pretty good.
Unread 19 Aug 2006, 11:30   #7
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I placed a fiver on villa to win the league
Unread 19 Aug 2006, 12:01   #8
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Haha, way to go.
Unread 19 Aug 2006, 12:10   #9
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
an individual performance despite us roasting Blackburn for the whole game.
My money is on Benni McCarthy.
Unread 19 Aug 2006, 12:17   #10
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

My money is on a deflected longshot from someone like Tugay\Pedersen
Unread 19 Aug 2006, 13:06   #11
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Tugay is banned for the first 3 games of the season so dont put a bet on that.
Unread 19 Aug 2006, 13:17   #12
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx
Haha, way to go.
750/1 if we are 1st
325/1 if we are 2nd
250/1 if we are 3rd

all for a fiver, I wont mind if I win that
Unread 19 Aug 2006, 18:27   #13
lokken
BlueTuba

well that was a turn up for the books
Unread 19 Aug 2006, 20:16   #14
pig
1up on you

A quite interesting day in the premiership. It reminded me why its the greatest league in the world! Plus that buzz of football I hadnt had that since may.
Unread 19 Aug 2006, 22:21   #15
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

it reminded me how frustrating and illogical football can be heh

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2006, 22:33   #16
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Hah you fools bet on us to win?
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2006, 22:45   #17
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

forest have won the first four games of the season wahoo

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2006, 17:13   #18
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
forest have won the first four games of the season wahoo
League 1 though isn't it?
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2006, 21:55   #19
lokken
BlueTuba

I heard something about a small town in derby doing well in the lower leagues

(sorry, couldn't resist, hope they come back up as forest is a top away day FFS)
Unread 26 Aug 2006, 09:38   #20
-o|DarkJedi|o-

-o|DarkJedi|o- is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
So, just stuck my bets on for the day, just figured I would share, and hopefully steal some ideas from the other gamblers out here.

Arsenal - 1 vs Aston Villa

Arsenal, Chelsea, United, Liverpool and Spurs to win on an accumulator.

Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool on a Treble.
Chelsea, United, Arsenal on a Treble.
Spurs, Liverpool, United on a Treble.

Pretty shitty odds, but there was nothing that reached out and grabbed me this week.
I had four bets on pompey winning with different goal scorers @ £5 each, all of em lost but my old man gave me a season ticket 5 mins before the match and we won 3-0 so I couldn't give a fook about the losses!!

<@JonnyFive> well there you go, dj's ego really is mightier than ships

<@Hevonen> DarkJedi, thank god

[00:02] <Iniluki> self glorfying sigs are ****ing childish
[00:04] <DarkJedi> arrogance is bliss
-o|DarkJedi|o- is offline   Reply With Quote