User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 2 Jan 2004, 19:04   #1
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough
Dreams of Memories - Signups

For my next thread, I'm taking a completly new concept.

Basically when it starts off..... your character has no idea who they are, what they are, what they can do, where they are, or what they are suppose to be doing?

Interested? Probably not but I'm bored so I'll continue.

This thread will be taking place on a starship, in the future. The ship itself will be described in steps in the thread, for I don't want to spoil you that much yet.

Near the beginning you will be able to determine your rank/function/name, then the thread itself starts, without you having any memory of your past.

Signup Instructions - While your character will have no personal memory, they will have built in skills, etc etc. You must do the following:
1.) Pick 3 Ship Positions, one of which will be randomly yours.
2.) Pick a Name
3.) Pick a Race
4.) Provide a physical description of your character.

Available Ship Positions:
First Officer (1 available)
Second Officer (1 available)
Operations Officer (1 available)
Tatical Officer (1 available)
Chief Medical Officer (1 available)
Chief Engineering Officer (1 available)
Helm Officer (2 available)
Fighter Pilot (3 available)
Other position that you think of.

Available Races:
Human - The oldest of the races onboard, humans have stretched their arm out into the galaxy, building vast ships to carry them to new planets. They have average speed, strength, mental abilities.
Spartan - During humanities initial launches into the galaxy, genetic engineering reached a point where most genetic diseases were eliminated from the gene pool. However, temptation for the "perfect human" corrupted several people, thus illegal genetic enhancements were applied to people. This movement continued to grow, until their numbers were enough to cause a small civil war. War was averted however when the "Spartans" took several colony ships and launched for a far off solar system. Several decades later, alien attackers forced the two to ally. While the threat was defeated, the two become closer, with a alliance forming, and several Spartans now serving in ships of the line. Spartans and insanly fast and strong, able to think quicker and tougher than the average human, plus they look physically better. However to fuel their enhanced abilities they need more food and other resources than the average human, and are more vulnerable to weakness with deprived of enough resources, which lowers them to normal human levels. Also due to the original genetic changes, many Spartans suffer from a lessened resistance to radiation, for exposure can cause mutations within their genetic code.
Artifical Beings - With the need for assistance in setting up colonies, research in artifical intelligence leaped forward in leaps and bounds. By this day, artifical beings, while rare are not a all togetehr uncommon sight onboard ships. Some of the more advance models are visually similar to humans, while others are obviously artificial. Their skills and abilities vary greatly among the different models (note: if you select this race, I will tell your appearance/skills/built-in abilities, for you to have no memory).

Last edited by Bakan; 3 Jan 2004 at 19:50.
Bakan is offline   Reply With Quote