User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 5 May 2006, 11:32   #1
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
[Project][Quick] Conclusion

Ok, so i've spent 20 odd pages describing this model in my project. How the HELL do I write a conclusion? I've done about 6-7 lines summarising how it's been modified and affected other things, and so on.
What do I end with?

"overall, a good effort. 9/10" :/
Unread 5 May 2006, 11:40   #2
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [Project][Quick] Conclusion

Journals typically have short conclusions. Surely you can just look at a few that you've used and get the gist of how they summarise?
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2006, 11:41   #3
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I think that's what i'm doing.
my supervisor told me last friday he wanted it this friday, then on wednesday he said that I could give it to him monday. now it's "e-mail me when you have something".

GRR
Unread 5 May 2006, 14:22   #4
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't suppose there would be the smidgen of a chance of any original thought? That's normally good for a conclusion.
Unread 5 May 2006, 14:25   #5
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

'In conclusion, i should have had more sex'

Sorry, in all truth i hate conclusions for projects and essays as well.

I usually just try to put across an answer to what i think would be the first (sensible) question that someone who'd read the introduction would ask.

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2006, 14:41   #6
Appocomaster
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
I don't suppose there would be the smidgen of a chance of any original thought? That's normally good for a conclusion.
Right between the cure for cancer and the recipie for the philosophers stone, I did perhaps add a bit of original thought.
Unread 5 May 2006, 14:46   #7
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Writing a conclusion is easy. You just say what the experiment demonstrated and what it didn't. Assuming it's an experimental conclusion.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2006, 15:56   #8
Appocomaster
PA Team

It wasn't really an experiement, more a summary of a model and how it's evolved in the last 20 years
Unread 5 May 2006, 16:18   #9
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What did you write in your introduction? A lot of the time I just mirror my inttroduction in my conclusion but within the context of what we've "learnt" along the way. Or something like that.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2006, 16:21   #10
Appocomaster
PA Team

"this project will rederive the equations used in the model, discuss and analyse them and the model itself, and then go on to show how the model has been changed and improved"
Unread 5 May 2006, 16:33   #11
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
A lot of the time I just mirror my inttroduction in my conclusion but within the context of what we've "learnt" along the way. Or something like that.
Same here. A lot of it depends on who you're writing for and what about - a science conclusion is unlikely to be the same as a historical one.
Unread 5 May 2006, 16:36   #12
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I like to identify potential areas for "further study", i.e the main problem I had in the essay and how to resolve it in the future. Was there something that kept cropping up?
Unread 5 May 2006, 16:38   #13
Appocomaster
PA Team

I made reference to the fact that with papers being written regarding it recently, there must be more for the future, but the model has been around for 20 years so most major issues have already been covered tbh.
Unread 5 May 2006, 16:39   #14
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

My project conclusion was basically reiterating what was said in the abstract but with a little more detail, then a quick summary of the possible avenues of future exploration that were identified in the various chapters along the way.

Granted I don't know what mark I got for it yet so it's entirely possible that approach was incorrect.
pablissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2006, 17:05   #15
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

You should of outlined some initial aims, objectives and deliverables of your project earlier in your report. You need to decide if it has achieved these individually, if it has how did it and to what extent, if it didnt why did it now, and how might this of been addressed.

A section needs to be written on how you could expand what you have done in the future.

Also you should include what you would do differently if given the opportunity to do it all over again.

Finally give a brief summary of how you feel the project as a whole went.
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2006, 17:34   #16
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Conclusions are meant to be short. If it only needs 7 lines, then don't fill in other crap to make it longer.
Unread 5 May 2006, 18:05   #17
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

http://img310.imageshack.us/img310/3600/butt4wo.png

I was half asleep when I wrote that the night before though, so my writing is pretty slack :/
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2006, 19:11   #18
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Epitaxial PbZr0.5Ti0.5O3 (PZT) thin films were grown
on top of a SrRuO3 epitaxial electrode layer on a (100)
SrTiO3 substrate by the chemical solution deposition
method. At low annealing temperature (450 °C/1h), both
the perovskite PZT phase at the film/substrate interface
and the fluorite PZT phase in the upper region of the film
were obtained and nonferroelectric behavior was observed
in the film. The PZT thin film annealed at temperatures
as low as 525 °C has only a perovskite
tetragonal phase, has the epitaxial orientational relationship
of (001)[010]PZT||(001)[010]SRO||(001)[010]STOwith
the substrate, and shows a ferroelectric property. The
remnant (Pr) and saturation polarization (Ps) density of
the sample annealed at 600 °C/h were measured to be
Pr approximately 51.4 mC/cm2 and Ps approximately
62.1 mC/cm2 at 5V, respectively. The net switched
polarization dropped only to 98% of its initial value after
7 × 108 fatigue cycles.
random conclusion from a paper on my desktop.

the abstract for that paper:
Quote:
Epitaxial PbZr0.5Ti0.5O3 (PZT) thin films were grown on top of a SrRuO3 epitaxial electrode layer on a (100) SrTiO3 substrate by the chemical solution deposition method at various temperatures. The microstructure of the PZT thin films was investigated by x-ray diffraction and transmission electron microscopy, and the ferroelectric properties were measured using the Ag/PZT/SRO capacitor structure. In the PZT thin film annealed at low temperature (450 °C/1h), both the perovskite PZT phase at the film/substrate interface and the fluorite PZT phase in the upper region of the film were obtained. It exhibited nonferroelectric properties. The PZT thin film annealed at temperature as low as 525 °C had only a perovskite tetragonal phase and the epitaxial orientational relationship of (001)[010]PZT||(001)[010]SRO||(001)[010]STOwith the substrate, and shows a ferroelectric property. The remnant (Pr) and saturation polarization (Ps) density of the sample annealed at 600 °C/1h were measured to be Pr ~ 51.4 mC/cm2 and Ps ~ 62.1 mC/cm2at 5 V, respectively. The net switched polarization dropped only to 98% of its initial value after 7 × 108 fatigue cycles.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote