User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 30 Jul 2011, 09:54   #1
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts
Round 42 Who were YOU?

Coords:
Size:
Value:
Score:

Summary:

This is normally my favourite thread of a round. Please make a contribution my giving everyone a first hand view of YOUR round.

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2011, 11:00   #2
Gary
xVx Peon

Gary is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Round 42 Who were YOU?

Coords: 1:10:7

Had a decent early round, was around 30th in rank. Focused on value all round, only semi crash was on a TGV planet to help lower ranked xVx to get some xp. The galaxy was doing well until DLR decided they would be pussies and decided to VAC mode when they were told smaller members of the galaxy would still attack that night.

Gutted xVx couldn't hold on to win, but the next best thing for me personally is CT not winning, so not too bad there. My mistake this round was to have too much of a defensive fleet composition, need to have a stronger attack fleet next round.

Overall an ok round for me given the late hours I do at work sometimes.
Unread 30 Jul 2011, 11:55   #3
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA
Coords:
Size:
Value:
Score:

Summary:

This is normally my favourite thread of a round. Please make a contribution my giving everyone a first hand view of YOUR round.
Why didnt you fill it in?
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2011, 13:45   #4
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Code:
You are: I MISS BREAD ALREADY of HE IS MY ROCK (2:5:2) Cat
Size:        316 806
Value: 3,339,235 286
Score: 4,736,995 239
XP:       23,296 150
Code:
Spider    77,234
Beetle   400,596
Scarab     1,664
Viper     30,676
Locust    52,270
Widow      5,850
Tarantula 86,154
Scorpion  40,437
Roach     38,808
Mosquito   9,005
Hornet     2,500
Termite    4,000
Started the round with mass Cr, while building dists, then switched to Co/Cr for faking purposes.

Good plan, right? It was. Except I was in the wrong alliance (Apprime), with the wrong race (Cathaargh) and my gal pretty much got raped from the getgo. I think we had like 5 nights without incs. I had had 100 incs by tick 500 and almost 300 by round end. Never even hit 1k roids.

Got a lot of hilarious crashes, like this little work of art, though, so I guess that's something. Not that the salvage did any good. Way to punish good Planetarion!

Near round end my gal defended against Cardi. We then got kicked en masse, but by that point I'd long stopped caring.

So yeah, same old. I'm sure I'll be here again next round!
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2011, 15:46   #5
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

5:5:5
The scent of last nights kebab
24th

Went zik and has a fairly even distribution of Cr and De went marauder (over 200k) and rogue (over 175k) heavy and also had the ability to fake de as cr aswell.
Unread 30 Jul 2011, 15:58   #6
Demort
Anarchy Shadow

Demort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really nice

Coords:
Size: 860
Value: 4.9mil
Score: 5.4mil

Summary: first time with ter went okay just didnt attack enough defended more then attacked gal was okay but had abit of incoming

EX

Legion, Fury, Xanadu, Wolfpack, NoS, TSU, LKSAB, Vgn, F-Crew, CT, Insomnia, Angels, VsN, Gross, Osiris, ROCK, XvX, Faceless, Unsullied, Haven, Carisan, RaGe, Carnage, Kittenz and EC

Currently

In ODDR Command
Demort is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2011, 17:04   #7
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

eksero - I didn't play
mz - you did really well considering!
Gazza - you rocked!!

Keep it coming people! Overall I get the feeling, from IRC etc, that it was quite an enjoyable round

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jul 2011, 17:58   #8
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice

5 5 9

decent round as a terran ... i was gone for a week in Basrah ... luckily my gal m8ts and alliance kept it quiet and I had no incs ... shortly after i started to work my way up the top 100 due to having sure a high value .... didnt break top 100 in xp until i was ranked top 20 for about 2 weeks

was a fun round.

Ships (976,766 total) (Ship Analysis) [Hide]
Harpy 250,000 Phoenix 115,263
Chimera 248,343 Pegasus 92,600
Drake 106,927 Syren 74,621
Wyvern 5,000 Dragon 80,012
Valkyrie 3,000 Leviathan 1,000

I stayed true to building a lot of DE ... mostly random ... built my bs the last week or so to start hitting xvx with but never really used it much ... i did my normal 'go to the prod screen click a random box and fill it with numbers' thing
ManiacMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2011, 22:00   #9
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

p/r name: "For my love" "Hungarian Star"

rank = 260ish i think

picked xan cos i love them and it was the first time since i returned to pa that they were a realistic option. was doing pretty well then went away for a week start of 3rd week and lose 750 roids within a couple of days. returned and started doing ok then crashed fr (plus a large amount of ToFs fr) on TGV. then crashed a load more cos i thought i had recalled and was just chatting to people on irc, nm.
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2011, 09:43   #10
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold

Coords: 3:1:5
Size: 899
Value: 5.3m
Score: 6.9m

Summary: I was lazy, sammel did all the target picking for me. Didn't manage to crash, cause shaz forgot to send spirits against my cr faked as bs. I want to thank 1:8:8 for giving me 550k score on last day, allowing me to enter in t50. I want to thank CT for pillaging 60 of my structures 3 days before round end. I will have my revenge!
Unread 2 Aug 2011, 11:17   #11
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

You are: freedom of speech (7:5:8) Xan
Size: 3,251 9
Value: 9,771,187 1
Score: 11,073,667 1
XP: 21,708 194

Phantom 940,000 Banshee 350,000
Revenant 1,250,000 Shadow 300,000
Ghost 9,999 Spirit 300,000
Spectre 200,000 Illusion 20,000
Haunt 5,000 Apparition 4,000

Round started off nicely, with me using credit tick 0 to rush fr hulls and attack with fr right out of protection. Unfortunately i was roided the next night
Was a bit harsh with roid losses in p3nguins until we had Spectre support, specially as our Cathaars didnt listen to make Widows
I was lucky though and only lost 194 roids until the last tick (1k loss there).
Defence ingal with 6 Xan´s was very nice and a top5 galrank seemed possible. However we lost some players till the end and the galrank didnt matter anything in the end anymore. :crymeariver:

Had some very nice landings the last 2 weeks and sneaked up to JDD (who had 1 mil score lead before those). Hail Fi faked as Fr

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2011, 20:43   #12
Yoshika

Yoshika has a spectacular aura aboutYoshika has a spectacular aura aboutYoshika has a spectacular aura about

Owned your World of Terrible Things (7:9:10) (Terran)
Yoshika is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2011, 18:59   #13
Killeah
Old Skool

Killeah has a spectacular aura aboutKilleah has a spectacular aura about

1:10:2 roided some . got roided even more. a fair round had hoped for a little more in terms of rank . however a 750k crash bumped me out of top 100 . Dont go to zoo on mobile access and think you can make a close tick recall. anyway cath was okwy as race fake co were effective.

pardon the lousy post. in italy enjoyong the sun. typing on da phone is gay.

Thumps up for the stats btw. they were exellent
Killeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2011, 20:09   #14
Maxi

Maxi has a spectacular aura aboutMaxi has a spectacular aura about

5:1:6 Maxi of Solace

Round went much better than first expected, was 1 of the founding members of DFWTK (a 7man ally). We were expecting to get slapped around but due to a lucky shuffle for must of us (we decided that to go solo and not buddypack was the best idea), we seemed avoid most of the conflict. Landed a lot of attacks for the first 3 weeks and after recovering from a mini crash sat around 120th. Then as targets began to dry up (we out grew out target base and didnt have the muscle to land on bigger ally planets) we switched to mostly 3 fleet defending in and out of ally for the remainder of the round. Would of been it for me but due to a little CT ptargeting campaign on the smaller allys to bump their score up :P got landed on (only 2 waves out of 7 though). Limped over the finish line for what was a very fun and successful round for me and for the new ally.

Last edited by Maxi; 5 Aug 2011 at 20:20.
Maxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2011, 20:34   #15
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

5:5:10 Decided to go Zik thinking that the uni would Etd/Ter Bs and that i wouldnt be meta'd vs. But i was WAY wrong. Turns out alot of people went Cr and alot less went De.

Ended up being a good thing after i landed in 5:5. had very slow roid gains all round through some planned init's and bonus using i was able to hold a t10 roid spot for the better part of 500 ticks. Which Strongly helpped keep my value up. Was looking to finish 3rd but xVx went herp/derp the last week and couldnt get propper team ups to land big roid gains.
Tiamat101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2011, 22:27   #16
w3nnk
Banned

w3nnk is infamous around these partsw3nnk is infamous around these parts

Angry of dS (8:5:9) (Zikonian)

at start of round all was going well then i had to flake out cus of a family issue.I came back and played last 3 weeks i had been exlied out of my top 3 galaxy so with a luck exile i jumped into a P3n galaxy witch had a rank of 6 th place finish.i had a rank off some were in the top 400 had a good round.
w3nnk is offline   Reply With Quote