User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 8 Jun 2007, 18:55   #1
Thrud
Old User

Thrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to behold
Backup BCalc

I have created a second BCalc as a backup to the normal one at http://bcalc.no-ip.com, both BCalcs keep the saved calculations synchronised so saving in one BCalc allows the same saved calculation to be used in the other. This should ensure that one or the other is available at all times. I have also created a site at http://www.thrud.co.uk which I will keep upto date with changes and other information as they happen, it also contains links to the various PA related bits I've done.

Let me know if you find any problems

Cheers Thrud
Thrud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2007, 19:26   #2
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
Re: Backup BCalc

As always, 1st class work thanks
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2007, 20:54   #3
Zirikk
Bounce Back Champion, TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Penguin Bashing Champion, War on Terror Champion, Bugz Champion

Zirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to behold

Yea! great!
Zirikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2007, 22:39   #4
nxtasy

nxtasy can only hope to improve

It doesn't work at all correctly
nxtasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2007, 23:37   #5
Thrud
Old User

Thrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to behold

what doesn't work ?
Unread 13 Jun 2007, 00:09   #6
nxtasy

nxtasy can only hope to improve

It got a battle I had an hour or so ago completely wrong.

I lost over 8000(out of just over 9000) corsairs in a fight against 1000 cutters and 500 privateers.

How that was possible I don't know, your calc said i'd steal all the privateers for a start and only take half the losses on the corsairs.. but that wasn't the case.

Oh and both your calcs aint even loading atm.
nxtasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2007, 00:16   #7
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

have the stats changed for the speed round or what?|:
Unread 13 Jun 2007, 00:23   #8
Thrud
Old User

http://bcalc.thrud.co.uk/index.php?loadfile=main9513a0

This would appear to be the calc that you are talking about, which shows about half of the cutters and 190 privateers getting stolen, and it looks correct to me, the reason that so many corsairs are lost is that they suicide when they steal on a 1:1 value basis. I don't see anything wrong with this calc. if you have an example please paste a saved calc and I will investigate it.
Unread 13 Jun 2007, 00:42   #9
Thrud
Old User

There is a problem with apache on the backup calc when I am sending the backup data to the real bcalc, apache hangs for some reason so I have disabled the backup calc to normal calc sync. Saves from the normal calc will still work on the backup calc though, just not the other way round, I am investigating what I've done to apache on the backup calc and will fix it soon.
Unread 13 Jun 2007, 01:25   #10
Thrud
Old User

Tweaked a setting in apache, only reference to it says "nobody knows what causes it but there is a fix", so the fix is in, I will keep an eye on the backup calc to see how it does, if it has more problems I will move it to another box.
Unread 17 Jun 2007, 20:26   #11
Zimra

Zimra is a splendid one to beholdZimra is a splendid one to beholdZimra is a splendid one to beholdZimra is a splendid one to beholdZimra is a splendid one to beholdZimra is a splendid one to beholdZimra is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtasy
It got a battle I had an hour or so ago completely wrong.

I lost over 8000(out of just over 9000) corsairs in a fight against 1000 cutters and 500 privateers.

How that was possible I don't know, your calc said i'd steal all the privateers for a start and only take half the losses on the corsairs.. but that wasn't the case.

Oh and both your calcs aint even loading atm.
Isn't the calc updated with the new stats while the speedgame is still using the old one? I almost blew up my fleet before I noticed that the stats were different.
Unread 19 Jun 2007, 21:43   #12
Thrud
Old User

No not at that time, I started the bcalc syncing with the stats from R22 on the 15th when sign ups opened (I updated the title with Round 22). I will try create a permanent calc for speed games, to many games running at the same time at the moment for the number of bcalcs I have available.
Unread 19 Jun 2007, 23:25   #13
Thrud
Old User

There are now 3 permanent and separate bcalcs

http://bcalc.thrud.co.uk - stats synced with game.planetarion.com
http://beta.thrud.co.uk - stats synced with beta.planetarion.com
http://speed.thrud.co.uk - stats synced with speedgame.planetarion.com

only the main game has backup

The speedgame calc may need a little time for the DNS to catch up
Unread 20 Jun 2007, 01:04   #14
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Awesome stuff dude, thanks
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote