User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 6 Nov 2006, 11:21   #1
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Suggestion: Wars

Wars have always been a important part of Plantetarion. But there is no real offical rules nor system to implement the wars into PA, usually this only happens when alliances starts targeting each others through intel collected, and mainly its highly inefficent.

The current game more or less removes the alliance fight factor cept for these random attacks made by alliances.

So why not introduce a system that can implement wars in Planetarion.

My suggestion for now is as follows: Wars can be declared by an alliance against another alliance.

Example: ROCK declares war against VGN, the ROCK HC goes to a the war page on the alliance page and selects VGN as target. VGN gets a message from the game where it says that ROCK have declared war on them and VGN is free to respond with a wardeclaration of their own.

When started a war can last a certain amount of time. (I cant really say how long, maybe someone has suggestions?) During this time, all attacks against the «enemy» alliance will gain the alliance alliancescore as double score from the attack itself. Alliances does not gain score any other way than declaring war on an alliance, attacking planets without an alliance will not count towards the alliancescore. Individual score will go on as usual however.

Alliance bash limit. Any alliance being 50% or less than your own alliance cant be attacked. IF an alliance lower than 50% of your score declares war against you, you may reply and will gain score from attacking it.

IE: eXilition tries to declare war against the Penis allianz! but finds out that the penis is to small

Limits to the war system: There probably should be some limits to the war system. Maybe avoid having warblocks as have happend in some games i've seen this war system work. Avoid alot of alliances ganging up on one alliance should however be something we need to discuss, any suggestions?

What are the benefits of this system? You will get more benefits from wars. The wars will make the alliances more competetive and you will also avoid newbie bashing to some extent. (its not fruitful for an alliance to attack someone without an alliance)

One question we should ask is ofc: Should alliancetags be shown if PA chooses to use such a system?

Perhaps, if the alliancebash limit is implemented having showed tags might be good.

So, please read this suggestion with an open mind, and dont brush it away as a useless one, give some feedback as to how it can be made better, and/or what changes needs to be done.

PS: No alliances were harmed under the making of this thread.
Unread 6 Nov 2006, 18:15   #2
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold
Re: Suggestion: Wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool

IE: eXilition tries to declare war against the Penis allianz! but finds out that the penis is to small

L
Mate, you surely have not seen my penis yet :-)

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2006, 18:18   #3
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold

I remember that something of this kind has been suggested before, personally i quite like the idea. Its got my vote. I believe i've just agreed with Kargool

<rext> chef recall your fleet m8 they going to fc u
<Chef> recall my fleet?
<Chef> ive not logged in for two days

Its Only Nasty, When Its Not True.
Chef! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2006, 09:14   #4
Furious
SpamBot

Furious will become famous soon enoughFurious will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Limits to the war system: There probably should be some limits to the war system. Maybe avoid having warblocks as have happend in some games i've seen this war system work. Avoid alot of alliances ganging up on one alliance should however be something we need to discuss, any suggestions?
Perhaps by allowing only one declaration of war per alliance at any one time time?

Im sure alliances not recieving the double score bonus will begrudge helping another alliance to shoot ahead of them in the rankings.

I think this is an excellent idea Kargool, and i would like to see something very similar in-game.

<TomKat> my signature is the greatest on the entire internet
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2006, 17:35   #5
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

So basically, as long as you don't tag up till as late as possible in the round, you're safe?
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2006, 17:57   #6
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinA
So basically, as long as you don't tag up till as late as possible in the round, you're safe?
No, as i said, the warmodus gives you double score from attacking the alliance you are at war with. Score also is given in the usual way.
Unread 8 Nov 2006, 18:00   #7
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious
Perhaps by allowing only one declaration of war per alliance at any one time time?

Im sure alliances not recieving the double score bonus will begrudge helping another alliance to shoot ahead of them in the rankings.

I think this is an excellent idea Kargool, and i would like to see something very similar in-game.
I think you are misunderstanding the statement of warblocks. A warblock is to effectivly block someone from attacking. You declare war against an alliance, but dont attack it.
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 09:13   #8
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

the idea is good, but the game doesnt need more restrictions nor rule
Unread 16 Nov 2006, 04:47   #9
Chufty
Slightly Off-Colour

Chufty can only hope to improve

The game doesn't need more restrictions, but Kargool is suggesting features, not restrictions.

Alliance politics are dull and lifeless at the moment. Perhaps ingame facilities to declare wars, naps etc are just what's needed?

Good idea, gets my vote.
Chufty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2006, 06:13   #10
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

I think that if PA wants to keep ingame alliances it makes sense to bring diplomacy into the game. That said I would prefer both be out of the game.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2006, 06:33   #11
Hedobot79

Hedobot79 is infamous around these parts
Exclamation Re: Suggestion: Wars

Personally although im sure many will agree and disagree.
That these kind of constant changes to the game consistantly to each round,
Actually scares away players than attracting new ones.
If the rules keep changing every round more and more people will get fed up.
Its allready a tightly run game as it is .
XP hasnt been a good thing, caps have made it difficult.
And now the ships are all out of skew as far as effective power to cost compared to previous rounds.
Compared to 10 round ago there has been about a 90% drop in return players.
Think about the consequences for asking for these changes.
Because from what i can see 9 times out of 10 each of these minor changes is more detrimental than a positive.
For example.
Round 6,7,8,9 had ruffly 75,000 People playing.
Round 19 has barely a few thousand.
This is a result from the constant changes people are requesting consistantly for each round.
And a core reflection on the negative impact its having.
Think Twice before you request changes to the game.
And this is going out to the developers also.. who should be listening!
Think about the impact!!!
Hedobot79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Nov 2006, 19:03   #12
Chufty
Slightly Off-Colour

Chufty can only hope to improve

If I had been playing the same game for 6 years i'd.... well I wouldn't, I'd have stopped long ago.
Chufty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2006, 00:06   #13
DarkHeart

DarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really nice

if you hark back to the very first rounds of pa compared to now

1) less players
2) less bugs
3) less cheaters
4) ship stat changes
5) better in game alliance system
6) slightly nicer gfx
6a) better user configurability (ie skins)
7) one tick attacks
8) galaxy cluster parralel universe eta changes

we could all argue the pros and cons of that list, and idd we could all add changes to that list.

But i believe and will try and impress upon you the following

take the declining playerbase of pa and weight it against the ever improving playerbase of the hot market property that is MMORPG games such as WoW etc

1) more players
2) cant comment on bugs since i dont play them games
3) probably more and more cheaters, but as 2) above
4) 'ship' (where ship is definable as whatever your acount is in said games) changes
5) better in game communication systems such as vocietalk etc
6) ever improving gfx
7) constantly having something to do
8) doesnt really apply to a MMORPG but lets go to point super 9!

SUPER POINT 9) Diversity

i highlight 9 as a super point, because i do not wish to imply that PA should become a MMORPG, as most of the active players in PA would probably agree agree that would change the game irreparebly beyond what we all enjoy about this game. BUT, diversity is the currency of MMORPG's, and a huge degree of diversity can certainly be added to Planetarion without it becoming an MMORPG, the key is translating the success of MMORPG's into what we enjoy about PA atm

Take all the good point of PA in one hand, take all the good points of MMORPG's in the other hand, and put your hands together
DarkHeart is offline   Reply With Quote