User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 1 Jul 2003, 18:30   #1
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point
people who can swim

swimming 2km in one hour is a good mark?
i did that yesterday, and i felt great
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 18:33   #2
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
That's pretty good actually. There's this place I always used to go on holidays to during the summer where there's this boat I always used to swim out to every day (that was just over 1km there and back). It's great for those muscles you don't usually use in your normal day-to-day life. Though I dare say where you're swimming is a damn sight warmer than where I used to heh.
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 18:36   #3
Muslim
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
That's pretty good actually. There's this place I always used to go on holidays to during the summer where there's this boat I always used to swim out to every day (that was just over 1km there and back). It's great for those muscles you don't usually use in your normal day-to-day life. Though I dare say where you're swimming is a damn sight warmer than where I used to heh.
I swim in the uni´s pool. Its always around 25° there, pretty good actually, its just a bit cold when you enter...
one day it was at 18°, when someone fecked up with the heating sistem
now that hurt!
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 18:38   #4
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Muslim
I swim in the uni´s pool. Its always around 25° there, pretty good actually, its just a bit cold when you enter...
one day it was at 18°, when someone fecked up with the heating sistem
now that hurt!

It's barely ever above 12 celsius in ireland :(
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 18:40   #5
Muslim
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
It's barely ever above 12 celsius in ireland
wow
thats a killer isnt it?
hipotermia and what not!
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 18:42   #6
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
wow
thats a killer isnt it?
hipotermia and what not!

hypothermia, and it's actually not that bad once you get used to it. It's the initial shock of plunging into a medium a dozen degrees lower than the one you came from that really hurts. However if you just do it fast, ie sprint down to the water and dive in, it's not so bad.
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 19:02   #7
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
jumping into

a 18 degree pool of water on a greek island is bad, especially when it's 32 degrees outside...

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 19:35   #8
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
shrinkage..

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 19:40   #9
Ditcher

Ditcher is an unknown quantity at this point
I've swam 2km "test" also but i guess it took a bit longer because my tehcnique sucks ass. Swimming = ace.
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 19:41   #10
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
I wish we humans were more adapted to life at sea. Like, good underwater vision, ability to survive longer with less oxygen. Etc. Fins? :/

Matrim
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 19:45   #11
Muslim
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Matrim
I wish we humans were more adapted to life at sea. Like, good underwater vision, ability to survive longer with less oxygen. Etc. Fins? :/

Matrim
YEAH YEAH WE HAVE THAT
its called "skuba gear"
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 19:51   #12
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
YEAH YEAH WE HAVE THAT
its called "skuba gear"
Come on that's not good enough! We need something more.

Oh why oh why do I not live in the age were genetic engeneering is common practice and a man can be build into an amfibious creature at a whim?

This is getting out of hand, I haven't taken a dive in ages anyway.

Matrim
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 11:08   #13
Yossarian

I don't like swimming. I can drownded. That's why I don't like rain, I have to swim across the puddles.
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 11:11   #14
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
YEAH YEAH WE HAVE THAT
its called "skuba gear"
<pedantic> SCUBA gear. </pedantic>