User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 7 Jun 2003, 15:27   #1
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Cicada is an unknown quantity at this point
anyone else notice...

the extreme lack of Metal roids in the universe atm...

guess it must be something to do with the initiation process and the way we started, but i can't seem to get more m roids than C roids..

yes it means i'm damm good for scanning, but it's a pain in the arse having this left over crystal all the time. Must be damn nice for Ziks though..
Unread 7 Jun 2003, 15:33   #2
Ditcher

Ditcher is an unknown quantity at this point
Im zik and i have almost 500k C in stock also. Cutters take all the M and I havent build any clippers yet.
Unread 7 Jun 2003, 15:35   #3
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Mmmmm....Sentinels
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2003, 15:38   #4
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Clipper+Rogue tastic
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2003, 15:44   #5
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle29uk
Mmmmm....Sentinels
i've got a ton of sents already, they're a fairly crappy C sink, especially considering that the pulsar is better
Unread 7 Jun 2003, 15:54   #6
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Cicada
i've got a ton of sents already, they're a fairly crappy C sink, especially considering that the pulsar is better
I was actually being facetious, I currently have about twice as many sents as pulsars
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2003, 16:00   #7
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle29uk
I was actually being facetious, I currently have about twice as many sents as pulsars
Like most xans last round? (At least 2x as many)
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2003, 16:01   #8
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
Didnt take me long to regret completing the quests first possible tick..should have waited for a couple of ticks and initiated a batch of m-roids first :o
Unread 7 Jun 2003, 19:37   #9
MadeMan
180º

MadeMan is an unknown quantity at this point
yes, and only c dump i have is spiders!!! gotdamn. i hate spiderS! well they are good as alliance def atleast? NO! T_T
MadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2003, 20:03   #10
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
sents > pulsars
Unread 7 Jun 2003, 20:18   #11
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
So am i the only one with excess metal then?
I can't build as many spiders as i'd like to
Unread 7 Jun 2003, 20:19   #12
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by SYMM
So am i the only one with excess metal then?
I can't build as many spiders as i'd like to
nope same here. not enough C... at least for a few more ticks
Unread 7 Jun 2003, 20:28   #13
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Any ziks who have a lot of spare C must be operating a scan planet as well as their main planet, otherwise they'd be spening a lot on their scans.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2003, 20:41   #14
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
By some fluke I managed to hit on the exact roid ratio I needed as terran. Those pegs are an absolutely perfect crystal sink heh.
Unread 7 Jun 2003, 21:25   #15
Unf_Slasher
FAnG

Unf_Slasher can only hope to improve
if you got too much C, try deleting your scan planet and doing your scans yourselve.
[00:58] <Squirrel> YES **** ME **** ME
[00:59] <Squirrel> **** ME NOW OH YES AliasX **** THE **** OUT OF ME
[00:59] <AliasX> wtf

FAnG
Unf_Slasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2003, 21:26   #16
MadeMan
180º

MadeMan is an unknown quantity at this point
well what about also using it for reflectors, always funny.

MadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2003, 21:29   #17
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
Bad news for Xans too, gunna be a lot of Spiders around.

Terrans are gunna be swimming in Pegs too.

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2003, 22:03   #18
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
Xans main target is other Xans though, and a xan trying to roid a cath is surely stupid?
Unread 7 Jun 2003, 22:08   #19
SPQR

SPQR is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by The_Fish
Xans main target is other Xans though, and a xan trying to roid a cath is surely stupid?
Yes, but with more Spiders in the universe its easier to get def against them.
SPQR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2003, 22:09   #20
The_Fish
ND

still, Xans are practically eta 5 attack fleets, and you're relying on gal and para/cluster then, I still think Xan is a good choice
Unread 7 Jun 2003, 22:22   #21
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
sents > pulsars
Other than being a crystal sink, I dont follow.

Quote:
Depends on your fleet. I know xans last round whos main targets were caths.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2003, 23:10   #22
The_Fish
ND

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Other than being a crystal sink, I dont follow.

T3 all

you must be a really co heavy xan searching for caths with few spids and BW then without getting most of your fleet frozen and easily covered with a bit of in gal trading (your roaches for a xans vsharraks or something)
Unread 7 Jun 2003, 23:38   #23
kyrealean
Crimson Dragon

kyrealean is an unknown quantity at this point
would love to nab more C roids..... between building clippers, rogues and marauders, plus trying to keep amp ratio to where i can at least get the news or mil scan thru, is a complete biatch :/
Rd 4 267.2.10 D'tartagnan of DesertWinds_Fortress (Fury)
Rd 5 25.16.13 Xavier of Sanctified_Realm (Fury)
Rd 6 1.16 gave planet away (Fury)
Rd 7 23.23.13 Mikey of Goondocks (RaH)
Rd 8 C2 quit (RaH)
Rd 9 24.6.1 Prof_Xavier of School_for_Gifted_Youngsters (Eclipse)
Rd 9.5 9.8.3 Starbuck of Galactica (RaH)
kyrealean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2003, 23:51   #24
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Quote:
T3 all
pulsars are superiour to sents this round
Unread 7 Jun 2003, 23:54   #25
The_Fish
ND

sents are more useful, for example a cath cr fleet would laugh at your pulsars whilst your sents inflict damage.

There are also way too many E roids about, I have about 800k stocked already, its stupid
Unread 8 Jun 2003, 00:56   #26
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
T3 all

you must be a really co heavy xan searching for caths with few spids and BW then without getting most of your fleet frozen and easily covered with a bit of in gal trading (your roaches for a xans vsharraks or something)
T3 all, so? Who cares. You can watch your sents random fire around like crazy, while my pulsars actually kill fr/de effectively. And as far as cruisers, all xans have sents. You cant avoid them. But overbuilding them when you could build better ships is a mistake.

As far as xans roiding caths, when it comes down to your argument based on nothing and actually having watched xans roid caths. Im going to have to side with reality. Sorry.
Unread 9 Jun 2003, 00:51   #27
nickhall
Naked & Profane

nickhall is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
must be prity poor Caths or xan players going for targets towards the bottom of their range. As Beetles rule xan Fi and spids + BW's own Vults.
nickhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2003, 01:42   #28
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Originally posted by nickhall
must be prity poor Caths or xan players going for targets towards the bottom of their range. As Beetles rule xan Fi and spids + BW's own Vults.
Nope, top player xans hitting good sized caths.
Unread 9 Jun 2003, 03:19   #29
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Cicada
Listening to MAd again?
Tisk Tisk
I thought you knew better.
Stat wise Pulsars are better, Usefulness Sents are better.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2003, 04:30   #30
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold
init more metal roids people... i need my vsh =)
R4 170:17:3 [Elysium ]
R5 12:10:18 [Elysium ]
R6 25:10:3 [Elysium ]
R7 31:20:2 [Elysium ] / [Adelante ]
R8 45:2:7 [Adelante ] / [Fury ]
R9 13:7:9 [NoS ] / [Lch ]
R9.5 and R10 dunno where [Elysium ]
R11 21:1:6 [1up]
[1up]
Storebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2003, 08:30   #31
CrazyConrad
DarnocYzarc

CrazyConrad is on a distinguished road
I am zik and have almost equally amount of m and c roids. The c I have extra I use for scans and it really aint that much.

Of course Cutters takes most of my m but clippers are very good in using up my c
Unread 9 Jun 2003, 18:21   #32
whoop
The [Fury] of the [z0r]

whoop is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Unf_Slasher
if you got too much C, try deleting your scan planet and doing your scans yourselve.
seconded.

-whoop
<@whoop> I know

#milo
whoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 03:34   #33
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Nope, top player xans hitting good sized caths.
I agree that as a xand it's not a bad idea targetting caths.

This is due to choosing bomber instead of arrows for the CO flak.

pulsar > sents. Firepower of sents seems not fitting to the xan race, sucks. Other than being a C synk and the T3 All, I don't like sents much but seems at this point we have no choice but to build them.
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 08:16   #34
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by furssie
I agree that as a xand it's not a bad idea targetting caths.

This is due to choosing bomber instead of arrows for the CO flak.

pulsar > sents. Firepower of sents seems not fitting to the xan race, sucks. Other than being a C synk and the T3 All, I don't like sents much but seems at this point we have no choice but to build them.

The T1-CO apparently works, a xan with lots of pulsars instead make me smile when i pick target.
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 12:39   #35
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about
I don't see why people say pulsars > sents or sent > pulsars. Just build them both Pulsars get rid of the fr/de and the sents can kill the larger stuff
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 12:42   #36
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Lots of wyverns this will mean. I am always saving up from 1700 till 0500 and then i build wyverns for the next day
At 1300 I build pegs
At 1700 i build chimeras and pods

in between i build some harpies.

(Score boost between 0300 and 0500)++;
Unread 11 Jun 2003, 14:36   #37
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Atm i've found myself in a bit of an M shortage too, but that's cos all my M goes into Tarants (and mantis pods), with remaining C going into Spiders for alliance defence. Yes, i'll be building Guardians soon

Contrary to popular belief, Tarants are snappy enough to be of use in para (!!). really ruins a Terran's day

My view on Sentinel/Pulsars, is that Pulsars are superior when targeting FR and DE, but Sentinels are a neccesary evil - they are a hell of alot better than C floating around in storage and very useful for defending against CR caths (as i have found out :\).

Sentinels have their uses. Pulsars are a better ship.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote