User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 16 May 2003, 16:28   #1
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts
Revolt?

I wonder how many planets will run suicide missions before end of R9 to seek revenge on old enemies?

Viva the REVOLT….
MotoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2003, 16:35   #2
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold
Re: Revolt?

Quote:
Originally posted by MotoX
I wonder how many planets will run suicide missions before end of R9 to seek revenge on old enemies?

Viva the REVOLT….
if someone were to organise a true Revolt it wouldnt be a suicide mission, the biggest problems with these type of things is that they are often ochestrated by the side which is winning simply because it is safer and it allows them to prepare and eventually repel it with ease.
Unread 16 May 2003, 16:40   #3
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute
would be rather funny to see again though :P

atleast it gives a fun big last battle for what its worth
Unread 16 May 2003, 16:49   #4
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
yeah lets all hit mercury & solace
i mean no-one wants to see hicks gal win now do they

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2003, 17:24   #5
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts
Last time (only time) a ”revolt” was launched it backfired bad. I was one of those misfits who sent my fleet into death but that battle report was a joy to see…..

I still believe some will send some massive fleets away tho, it always happens and
To be honest, what to lose the round is over anyway…. and you can always save the battle report for your children J
MotoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2003, 18:44   #6
TehVader
NewDawn pe0n

TehVader is an unknown quantity at this point
The lemmingrun today was quite nice, too bad I didn't get a chance to suicide in it, will have to arrange another place for my ships to die

tick 1: http://www.pilkara.com/parsers.php?scanid=1960705672
tick 2: http://www.pilkara.com/parsers.php?scanid=1677782244
tick 3: http://www.pilkara.com/parsers.php?scanid=1053311063
Unread 16 May 2003, 19:12   #7
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by TehVader
The lemmingrun today was quite nice, too bad I didn't get a chance to suicide in it, will have to arrange another place for my ships to die

tick 1: http://www.pilkara.com/parsers.php?scanid=1960705672
tick 2: http://www.pilkara.com/parsers.php?scanid=1677782244
tick 3: http://www.pilkara.com/parsers.php?scanid=1053311063
I'll join you, we'll freeze them together
Unread 16 May 2003, 20:24   #8
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by gzambo
yeah lets all hit mercury & solace
i mean no-one wants to see hicks gal win now do they

Scan #3.

Seems ToT beat you to it
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2003, 22:00   #9
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks
Scan #3.

Seems ToT beat you to it
go ToT go

[23:33] <@Divine> hmm I think I may have a new GF aswell
[23:33] <@Divine> but dunno yet if I want a new GF so early in the round
laputa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2003, 23:20   #10
starbreeze

starbreeze is an unknown quantity at this point
i thought #3 in ur gal was tot?
Unread 16 May 2003, 23:24   #11
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Scan #3.

Seems ToT beat you to it
but do they dare to land? Most of 'em recalled already...

Unread 17 May 2003, 00:32   #12
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by laputa
Wimps. We suicided on 8:3:8 and did it properly, hardly any recalls despite losing 50% of attacking fleets in the first tick
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2003, 00:42   #13
Pring
Sexy Man

Pring is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by laputa
The recalled ones were kill fleets recalling... they did land :/ Nice to see how they treat loyal members.

Retired. (Thank ****)

M&S Forever!
Pring is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2003, 02:15   #14
Dreadnought!

Quote:
Originally posted by Pring
The recalled ones were kill fleets recalling... they did land :/ Nice to see how they treat loyal members.
indeed

fascists
Unread 17 May 2003, 03:34   #15
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadnought!
indeed

fascists
THE NAZIS WANT TO TAKE OVER EUPROE WE MUST STOP THEM DRESOVELT WE MUST FIGHT THEM ALWUAS !!!1

I think I've had one too many shandies.

#3 was ToT they kicked him for "with holding defence" then put 500k ships on him which we couldn't defend so a German galaxy could win.
Unread 17 May 2003, 03:47   #16
Jykke
Estharian

Jykke has a spectacular aura aboutJykke has a spectacular aura aboutJykke has a spectacular aura about
Hicks

[Blue Tuba] -> [Fury] -> [Eclipse] -> [1up]
rounds that I have played; 3-10 and 16.
....."Never Defeat,
.....Never Despair,
Welcome To Esthar"
Jykke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2003, 10:37   #17
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
Quote:

#3 was ToT they kicked him for "with holding defence" then put 500k ships on him which we couldn't defend so a German galaxy could win.
what i said above was said in jest , while i want Condenacion to win for obvious reasons (nothing to do with u hicks btw) i feel that those tactics by tot show them to be more similar to the old fury tactics than any eclipse have used this rd.
on a side note congratulations to both Condenacion and mercury & solace on your final standings at the top which were achieved through sheer hard work and aggressive tactics (i hope ).
while i never liked some of the arrogance that you showed on the foruims over the previous rds if i am to be totally honest then PA will not be a better place if you do quit (cant believe i just said that but maybe i am mellowing in my old age)

-Rommel
Unread 17 May 2003, 10:55   #18
Ditcher

Ditcher is an unknown quantity at this point
So how much did #3 lose then?
Unread 17 May 2003, 11:00   #19
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

911 roids according to mit's tools but it may be more

-Rommel
Unread 17 May 2003, 11:27   #20
Ditcher

Ditcher is an unknown quantity at this point
But no score? Round ends sunday so not big harm done, right?
Or is the race between M&S and the other gal so hard 900 roids will make difference?
Unread 17 May 2003, 13:11   #21
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

Quote:
Originally posted by Ditcher
Or is the race between M&S and the other gal so hard 900 roids will make difference?
http://toolkit.planetarion.com/view.php?x=21&y=1&z=3

-Rommel
Unread 17 May 2003, 13:20   #22
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ditcher
Unfortunately it was that close. The score from the roids and the score the roids would have made is about 2 million. I think the difference at the end would ahve been somewhere between 3 and 5 million so any hope of us pulling off some huge last hit and grabbing roids to push us ahead has gone.
Unread 17 May 2003, 13:31   #23
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

just wondering but will those actions by tot have any affect on the relationships between tot / eclipse and was thehit cleared with eclipse first

disclaimer* not trying to start a flame war or anything just curious

-Rommel
Unread 17 May 2003, 13:40   #24
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Well technically ToT are in the right the terms of the alliance are that if they kick a member the other side can't protect him, it's a ToT internal issue so there's nothing we can do about it. Anyway it's over now nothing we can do and no sense in bitching about it I'm just thankful ToT weren't really nasty about it and didn't wave him.

Should probably apologise to Marduk for my outburst on him, I was a bit emotional after seeing dreams shattered yet again.

Last edited by Hicks; 17 May 2003 at 13:48.
Unread 17 May 2003, 15:19   #25
laputa
Xanadu

Quote:
Well technically ToT are in the right the terms of the alliance are that if they kick a member the other side can't protect him, it's a ToT internal issue so there's nothing we can do about it. Anyway it's over now nothing we can do and no sense in bitching about it I'm just thankful ToT weren't really nasty about it and didn't wave him.

Should probably apologise to Marduk for my outburst on him, I was a bit emotional after seeing dreams shattered yet again.
Withholding defense? When? Iirc ToT weren't targetted that often in the last couple of days and I am pretty sure they did well even without the ships of your gal mate.

I would expect that a gal as prestigeous and long lasting as M&S would care a little bit more about their members and defend them even if that means to drop a place in the rankings or to piss off one or the other HC. The round is over tomorrow anyway.

And as a Brit (I assume you are one) you really should know how to stop a Nazi invasion

Laputa