User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 1 Jul 2003, 20:21   #1
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
We haven't had a film thread for a while...

and i'm running out of stuff to watch :-(

Am mainly looking for funny teen comedies or sci-fi mystery/thriller type films but anything that's good is
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 20:25   #2
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I'm currently watching Death Race 2000.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 20:28   #3
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
I'm currently watching Death Race 2000.
I expected a much longer list from you

Been meaning to watch that ever since it was one of the answers in that massive riddle competition thing
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 20:30   #4
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I only tend to watch one film at a time.
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 20:30   #5
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
It's pretty funny. Though funny in a "Ha! Ha! This film is so crap!" kind of way.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 20:31   #6
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
I still have 40 GB of movies I have to burn to CD... my HD's are full.

I saw "Below" recently and was quite nice (horror/scifi-like). "K19-the widowmaker" (drama-like) was a disappointment.
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 20:33   #7
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Battle Royale was amusing but oh so damn overhyped as well
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 20:34   #8
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Star Wars 2: the drinking game!

Everytime you can't take it any more and have to turn your head from the screen, take a shot.

i just saw 'old school.' it was okay.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 20:37   #9
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSmoke
Battle Royale was amusing but oh so damn overhyped as well
It's a very good film.
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 20:39   #10
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
There hasn't been any good new films for a few months.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 20:39   #11
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
I don't really like Sci-fi (ROLEPLAYING DUDE) nor teen comedies, so i can't really help you on that
But, i would try to get
"A man called hero " or "Style Wars ", the first is a :ninja: type movie, the second is also a :ninja: type movie, in a totaly other manner!
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 21:06   #12
Hostile
The Milky Bar Kid

Hostile is an unknown quantity at this point
I will recommend 'Super Troopers' as a very funny comedy.

Trust me on this.
Hostile is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 21:11   #13
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point
No censor evasion.
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 21:11   #14
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally posted by Flavius
i saw series one and half of series two of stargate

tonight i shall be getting part 2 of series two

\o/
i'm only 30% through season one still

Got season 2 pt 1 done tho thanks
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 21:17   #15
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally posted by Hostile
I will recommend 'Super Troopers' as a very funny comedy.

Trust me on this.
already got it

but yeah, it's hilarious
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 21:33   #16
mpr0733

mpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of light
't was good seeing Rocky I again after god knows how long.
mpr0733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 21:35   #17
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
im currently watching Transformers the Movie on DVD that i got for my birthday.

the best part is the 'extra features' gallery which has a sound track which mixes 'oh ****...what are we gonna do.....oh oh oh oh oh **** what are we gonna do....gonna do....oh ****...'

etc
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 21:41   #18
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Go go 80's power pop!
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 21:45   #19
mpr0733

mpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of lightmpr0733 is a glorious beacon of light
Some days ago I happened to stumble upon the latest incarnation of the television series of Transformers.

Lets put it euphemistically and say that I wasn't amused.
mpr0733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jul 2003, 23:10   #20
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
Ehm, Biodome.

Matrim
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 04:51   #21
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
Just Married is good for a chuckle or 2
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 05:00   #22
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
we were gonna rent 'just married' on the weekend.. and got 'the hot chick' instead
it was funny.
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 05:03   #23
sinnamon xie
teens1ut

sinnamon xie is an unknown quantity at this point
Try ChungKing Express. It's good

[M&S]
sinnamon xie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 05:05   #24
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
oh!! Kung Pow is pretty frickin hilarious too
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 05:24   #25
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I just downloaded Dune 2000 (remake).

3 parts, 1.5 hours each.

I wasn't keen on it at the beginning.
But once you get into it its quite good.

It's interesting to compare it with the original Dune film, how they portray the characters, especially Paul. He is more arrogant in this one. In the original he always seemed kind of reserved, and overwhelmed by his own power.
I might re-read the book. I can't remember how people were created by Frank Herbert in it.

I liked some parts of both. It was pretty good though. Worth watching.
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 11:59   #26
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
I only tend to watch one film at a time.
you have 2 eyes and 2 ears, use them!

and battle royale is a very good film.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 13:19   #27
XeeThot
Manga Kitten is back!

XeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to behold
Betsy does Dallas is allways a champion...

Knocking on your door for leftovers starting on Dec 21st
XeeThot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 13:23   #28
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Tomkat
Herbert went to great lengths to make Paul humbled by his heritage.
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 13:38   #29
Ragnarak

you lot really are useless

aryn: seen the hot chick, was funny, am gonna get just married

the ones SI and Snurx suggested will also take a look at
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 13:41   #30
BarbieKen

The Transporter.
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 13:42   #31
XeeThot
Manga Kitten is back!

XeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to behold
Porkys!!!!!

Knocking on your door for leftovers starting on Dec 21st
XeeThot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 13:45   #32
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

The THING

MAN IS THE WARMEST PLACE TO HIDE!*

LOOK CLOSELY AT YOUR NEIGHBOUR, THEY COULD BE... THE THING!

*Knowing me and Tim (giles's brother), it is no surprise that this quickly got modified to 'A blast furnace is the warmest place to hide!'
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 13:55   #33
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally posted by XeeThot
Porkys!!!!!
that was on sky again a few weeks back

Unread 2 Jul 2003, 14:28   #34
Ditcher

Ditcher is an unknown quantity at this point
"A night at Roxbury" that is if you like going out.
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 14:29   #35
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

'Knockin On Heaven's Door', the CB film.
Unread 2 Jul 2003, 14:32   #36
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Fifth_teletubbie is an unknown quantity at this point
an oldie, but I watched 'The Game' yesterday. It is suprisingly good.

First movie with Michael Douglas that I dont rule out watching again some time.

Ostraka: It's a Social Club with guns (and K-Y)
Fifth_teletubbie is offline   Reply With Quote