User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 6 Nov 2002, 14:01   #1
Fist
in your ass

Fist is an unknown quantity at this point
Help

Spider 2746 Beetle 2000
Scarab 1042 Defender 213
Roach 497 Black Widow 566
Widowmaker 23 Tarantula 41
Avenger 4 Mantis 67
Astro Pod 200

The planet has about 3mil score and 340 roids.
Any comments on the fleet? What to build etc...

Round 2 - 4:18 [C4E] #9
Round 3 - idle, played a few weeks
Round 4 - semi-idle somewhere in p19 [TGS] + [p19a]/[R0CK]
Round 5 - idle, played a few weeks
Round 6 - 15:12 [Iliad] then no allie
Round 7 - 12:16 [Blackice]for a few weeks + [VtS] #46
Round 8 - 15:5 [Adelante] + [DTA] + [ETY]
Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 14:12   #2
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society
1. don't build scarabs.
2. Decide on fi/fr or cr/bs roiding fleet..i'd go for the fi/fr if i were you though.
3. Beetles rock.
4. Continue building roaches/tulas.
5. If you're inactive..think about building widowmakers/defenders to make yourself a worse target..
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 14:41   #3
bagg
Stoppit

bagg is an unknown quantity at this point
bw's stop vultures and xans....

beetles stop xans killing ur bw's with pulsars....

widowmakers make it painfull for xans to hit u...

----

roaches stop terrans trying....just

----

TULAS RAWK....

but them im not cath!

btw if u are a cath in a nice galaxy <-- unlikley to be hit, then build a roiding fleet built solely for hitting xans as theres enough of them about...

beetles Bw's and pods...
bagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 15:34   #4
Bad Society

Perhaps you should look at the other threads first before making a new one. There r tens of threads about cath fleets, and atm I can see one right in the top 5 threads.
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 18:41   #5
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by hyfe
1. don't build scarabs.
y not? they indeed are quite costy to stun, but have a lower eta then BW's and thus can help stopping Xan's too, which is quite bad needed seeing about 1/3th of the universe is xan. Better initiative then BW which makes roiding cathaar a easier job cuz less BW's will fire. Target FR as first and thus no corvette flak will help the attacker (assuming firg incoming).

Quote:
Originally posted by bagg
TULAS RAWK....
infact roaches are more effective then tulas, stun cost wise as well as the lower eta (7 instead of 8) which makes roaches a better option. Although it might not be handy when facing nast peg incoming due to pegs targetting FI/CO but can't have it all :P
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 19:48   #6
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by bagg
btw if u are a cath in a nice galaxy <-- unlikley to be hit
'heh'
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 21:22   #7
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by Wandows

y not? they indeed are quite costy to stun, but have a lower eta then BW's and thus can help stopping Xan's too, which is quite bad needed seeing about 1/3th of the universe is xan. Better initiative then BW which makes roiding cathaar a easier job cuz less BW's will fire. Target FR as first and thus no corvette flak will help the attacker (assuming firg incoming).
The answer is the spider:
1. perfoms much better against xand co.
2. makes sending scarabs against cath.targets futile.
3. unless you invest heavily in amps caths will have spare C

Thus imo every role the Scarans can fill: is performed better by another ship.
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 21:45   #8
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by hyfe

The answer is the spider:
1. perfoms much better against xand co.
2. makes sending scarabs against cath.targets futile.
3. unless you invest heavily in amps caths will have spare C

Thus imo every role the Scarans can fill: is performed better by another ship.
4. Anti-FR is handled alot more efficiently by Black Widows

I agree with Hyfe. 'I've never trusted scarabs, and i never will.'
(one extra bonus point if you can tell what movie that's from, and what word i replaced with scarabs'.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 21:55   #9
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Ultimate Newbie
I agree with Hyfe. 'I've never trusted scarabs, and i never will.'
(one extra bonus point if you can tell what movie that's from, and what word i replaced with scarabs'.
Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country.

Kirk in personal logs: "I've never trusted Klingons, and I never will."

GEEK POINTS AHOY
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 21:59   #10
Coaxmetal
Ensign!

Coaxmetal is on a distinguished road
You should stick to certain classes of ships. Not build a little of everything.

I would rely on beetles, black widows and roaches.
Coaxmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2002, 22:04   #11
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country.

Kirk in personal logs: "I've never trusted Klingons, and I never will."

GEEK POINTS AHOY
For ****'s sake, it didnt last 10 mins

i was sure that no-one would get that. Sigh.

Edit: if you havent found out by now, its correct. :/
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 00:13   #12
Silva baby
sexy honky chic

Silva baby is an unknown quantity at this point
for a 3 million ur a sitting duck for another cathaar say 4 mil
build some more god damn roaches and beetles and bw's
augment defence and raiding at the same time~

Ex-Silver BC
Forever in Elysium

i have [FAITH] in myself, [FAITH] in my galaxy, and [FAITH] in my alliance
do you?

[FAITH][SILVER]
Silva baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 11:21   #13
Ditcher

Ditcher is an unknown quantity at this point
I think small Cathaar planets are doomed no matter what they build assuming you have atleast some roids. Sorry to say it...
Unread 7 Nov 2002, 13:26   #14
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Ditcher
I think small Cathaar planets are doomed no matter what they build assuming you have atleast some roids. Sorry to say it...
The word Cathaar is redundant in that sentence.
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote