User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 31 Jul 2016, 07:40   #1
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Opinions on the def xp change

Why cap it?

Surely that is the worst way to try and solve the issue.. and the laziest.

So now if someone lands a defence a tick after midnight and gets 2k defence XP then for the next 24 hrs the option is to send out defence for a guaranteed 0 XP or use fleets to attack for a potential <insert number> xp.

This gonna make it very awkward for alliances to ground and continue to grow and to enforce 2 fleet def or def in general when there is zero incentive to do so.

So I guess I have to ask will the PA team also be capping other strategies to increase fairness or will they just be picking on defence because 1 guy dedicated 7 weeks to 24/7 fleet sending?

I would like to put forward an equal 2k per day cap on attacking XP to bring XP in line across bother styles. Also 25% personal increase in roids per day via attacking or iniating. 2k xp cap on covoping and scanning to ofc, we don't want those strats to be the next target of Bennehs crew! Maybe 10% personal value growth via production and roid gain too. I'm really worried that if one area is left uncontrolled that the forums will explode in complaint at those ppl using that method to play and I would hate to see more ppl abused and ridiculed over a round again.

If anyone else can think of more restrictions the PA team could enforce rather than having balls and telling the whiners to f off then please add them here. We need the game to be completely controlled and all unique thought on play style must be quashed!!!
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2016, 08:27   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Opinions on the def xp change

You're insane. No one lands(!) 6 legitimate defense fleets a day.

[edit] In fact, I'll go one step further: I bet no one has ever landed 6 defense fleets containing 100+ ships each in 1 day. Not once. In 67 rounds. 800 players a round. 48 days a round.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 31 Jul 2016 at 11:21.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2016, 11:08   #3
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all

Are you seriously calling lasts rounds abuse a strategy?
Or thought the game could survive if they didnt fix it?

Oh and if you are in an alliance that only defends eachother because it gives xp, its time to switch.
Shhhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2016, 11:39   #4
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shhhhhhh View Post
Are you seriously calling lasts rounds abuse a strategy?
Or thought the game could survive if they didnt fix it?

Oh and if you are in an alliance that only defends eachother because it gives xp, its time to switch.
Actually it was a strategy. They set themselves up specifically to achieve the goal that they achieved, that is strategical.

I also never said it didn't need fixing, I said it needed tweaking, 75% of the current xp would have been fine. Hardcapping just sets a top level that no other xp area has and means that defence is ganked.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2016, 08:47   #5
macen

macen is a glorious beacon of lightmacen is a glorious beacon of lightmacen is a glorious beacon of lightmacen is a glorious beacon of lightmacen is a glorious beacon of lightmacen is a glorious beacon of light

It needed doing. End of really..

Round 58 44th
Round 64 113th
Round 65 86th
Round 66 98th
Round 92 56th
macen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2016, 11:06   #6
Pit
Hole in the ground

Pit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of lightPit is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
2k xp cap on covoping and scanning to ofc, we don't want those strats to be the next target of Bennehs crew!
Scanning is already capped around 500xp per day. But why let facts get in the way of your rant? :P
Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2016, 12:23   #7
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

The XP in def should reward only defs with intention to stop the atk, not 1 ship defs. The way it was nerfed was the laziest, but will reach the end that this feature will not be abused in the future.

But I would suggest something like that:
2000 x %Atk_Fleet_destroyed/emped x (Atk_fleets_value / Defense_fleets_firing_value) x (2 x Atk_fleets_value / Atk_planets_value)

%Atk_Fleet_destroyed/emped would measure effectiveness of the defense
Atk_fleets_value / Defense_fleets_firing_value to measure quality of the combat
2 x Atk_fleets_value / Atk_planets_value to try to contain abuses

Last edited by fortran; 2 Aug 2016 at 13:25.
fortran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2016, 12:43   #8
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

People can send 1 cloaked ship with the intention of stopping the attack.
Unread 2 Aug 2016, 13:23   #9
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
People can send 1 cloaked ship with the intention of stopping the attack.
And if the attack lands, it turns to be a complete failure and should not be rewarded.