User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 10 Nov 2003, 18:56   #51
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: crazy people

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0046/0046_01.asp

even better!
Unread 10 Nov 2003, 19:10   #52
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
What decade are you living in, and where are you located? Paris in the 60's?

If not, then tell all the ****ers to pull themselves together, or you're going to call in The CIA.

Marxism, indeed. Well I never.

I have tried to communicate with Ayn Rand but apparently due to the insidious influences of communism on medical science she's dead.
Unread 10 Nov 2003, 23:59   #53
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This thread certainly isnt full of preconceived dogma
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 00:17   #54
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
dogma
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 00:23   #55
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yeah I know you already said it but I couldnt think of a better word.
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 01:05   #56
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: crazy people

Quote:
"Nod in 'talking Communism' non-shocker."
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 01:14   #57
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice

Quote:
Don't suppose you'd care to expand on that at all?
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 01:16   #58
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayonara
Request for Nod to substantiate fatuous pretensious non-argument denied.
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 01:17   #59
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice

Sorry, for a crazy moment there I forgot he was "jaded".
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 01:24   #60
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Sorry, for a crazy moment there I forgot he was "jaded".
Nothing wrong with young Nodrog except that he's a bit cracked.*

This whole board is like one big inbred series of dutch auctions, as each person in turn attempts to be the most ridiculously shiet piece of puffed-up human waste concievable.

I gots me a granny trolley!

Now I will rule.

* Change to 'crap' and quote at leisure if desired.
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 02:11   #61
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

that is the single most ridiculous load of shti i have ever had the misfortune to read, but still, i was compelled to read to the end, just so that i knew what knid of crap a creationist would spout so i can kill them if i ever meet one.
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 04:58   #62
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough

And only the power of JESUS CHRIST can hold protons together.

Sorry, just visited the page right now.
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 06:19   #63
Nodrog

Quote:
lololol creationists are dum imagine believing such wacky things with no evidence, what a bunch of morons am i rite? Hay does anyone here know any facts about that evolution thing so i can disprove their arguements and show them how dum and stupid they are, coz I dont really know that much about it myself
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 08:34   #64
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
lololol creationists are dum imagine believing such wacky things with no evidence, what a bunch of morons am i rite? Hay does anyone here know any facts about that evolution thing so i can disprove their arguements and show them how dum and stupid they are, coz I dont really know that much about it myself
where would you like to begin?

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 08:36   #65
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by W
And only the power of JESUS CHRIST can hold protons together.

Sorry, just visited the page right now.
well if you want worse, follow one of the links in that cartoon.

www.drdino.com

his seminars are particularly funny... hours and hours of absolute shiet (scientifically and theologically).

you don't happen to know of any good books on General Relativity do you?

Unread 11 Nov 2003, 09:42   #66
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Great Nod Opinions of the Twenty First Century, part 17
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 10:46   #67
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Great Nod Opinions of the Twenty First Century, part 17

I am never sure about Nod. sometimes he seems like an infinitely recursive self parody.

Unread 11 Nov 2003, 10:55   #68
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

seriously, i used to think nod was one of the best posters on this board, now he is just a cynic who will post any old crap to try and disprove or mock whatever argument is going on at the moment, i mean seriously nod, what the hell was up with that last post? it made no kind of bloody sense at all except as a stupid sarcastic comment and added aboslutly nothing to the argument at hand.
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 11:24   #69
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Nothing wrong with young Nodrog except that he's a bit cracked.
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 11:55   #70
sayonara
Shai Halud

Quote:
Seeing as I have spent the last 12 years studying evolution, I find that kind of attitude disappointing. There is such a thing as being too cynical.

I have no problem with people who want to have certain beliefs or faiths I do not share. What I have a problem with are those who cannot be bothered to spend 10-20 years learning about a subject, but feel able to put the effort into attacking those who can. I don't think that's an unreasonable stance.

In this particular case, since the site uses cartoons drawn in the WWII propaganda style with the explicit intention of selling a product, I don't think it's unreasonable for a self-determined individual to be appalled regardless of their knowledge of science.
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 12:24   #71
Nicole

Nicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really nice

Did anyone read the Virgin Mary one? This guy really doesn't like the Catholics. I was almost offended, but then I remembered that I was an atheist so I got over it.
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 12:41   #72
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Question Re: crazy people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole
Did anyone read the Virgin Mary one? This guy really doesn't like the Catholics. I was almost offended, but then I remembered that I was an atheist so I got over it.
This bit, you mean? :

"Didn't Christianity consist of the Catholic Church for the first 1500 years?

No. While the Catholic Church was seeking to control the world through religion, true Christians were running for their lives from the Catholic holocaust that ran for centuries.

God has always had His people, faithful to Him and His Word. They had no part in the Roman Catholic Church. Through much of history, organized religion has hunted and slaughtered God's people. For an excellent overview of this, read the classic work, "The Trail of Blood," at one of these websites:"
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 12:45   #73
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Or you could try:

"Who were these Arabs? They obviously were not Christians because they destroyed churches and murdered priests wherever they went."

for kicks.
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 13:00   #74
Nicole

Nicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really nice

Yes, and the bit where the Catholics are behind the Lincoln assassination. I guess making them responsible for the JFK assassination was a little too far-fetched. I'm not an authority or anything but I'm pretty sure being a conspiracy theorist isn't very christ-like.
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 13:01   #75
Marilyn Manson
Gone

They seem to be obsessed with attempting to prove that anything that is not Protestant/Reformed is derived from the ancient Middle-East, primarily from fertility symbols.

THIS SITE IS COMEDY GOLD! GOLD, I TELLS YA!
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 13:06   #76
Marilyn Manson
Gone

I love Evangelicals that take the Bible literally. Always ask them about the bit about Jesus sitting on God's right hand.
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 13:08   #77
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I love Evangelicals that take the Bible literally. Always ask them about the bit about Jesus sitting on God's right hand.
Keeps it warm.
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 13:10   #78
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Mark 16:19 "So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God."

There you go.
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 13:35   #79
sayonara
Shai Halud

God has hands now?

I thought he was a gas.
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 13:41   #80
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Religion is a belief in something which cannot be rationally explained.
Belief in something which cannot be explained leads to irrational behaviour to defend that belief.
Irrational Behaviour in turn generates divisions , anger , mistrust and hate.
Mistrust and Hate are two common ingredients of War.

Thus , Religion leads to War.

Ban Religion. Make people empirically prove the existence of whichever deity they worship or deny them the right to practice their faith. Kill them if they continue.

When im God, Religion Dies.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 13:41   #81
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
I thought he was a gas.
You've met him?
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 13:49   #82
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
Ban Religion. Make people empirically prove the existence of whichever deity they worship or deny them the right to practice their faith. Kill them if they continue.
empirically prove that there isn't a God.... you will have trouble, since science can't touch the supernatural. the only answer you can get is "I don't know" and be an agnostic.

Unread 11 Nov 2003, 13:50   #83
Radical Edward

Quote:
You've met him?
he was at the party last friday. It's a real pest since there are three of him.

Unread 11 Nov 2003, 14:01   #84
G_frog
Look over there!

G_frog is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Edward
empirically prove that there isn't a God.... you will have trouble, since science can't touch the supernatural. the only answer you can get is "I don't know" and be an agnostic.
I think you can reasonably be a (sceptical) atheist. God has no more support than many other things which we would happily claim we know do not exist.
G_frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 14:07   #85
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
lololol creationists are dum imagine believing such wacky things with no evidence
I don't think the issue is believing things without evidence. I'm pretty sure the resident 'science' guy who writes the stuff has read way more than me on evolution. It's to do with having rather blinkered views and/or intellectual dishonesty in dealing with the arguments.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 14:22   #86
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_frog
I think you can reasonably be a (sceptical) atheist. God has no more support than many other things which we would happily claim we know do not exist.
well that turns into a semantic argument really (about where the lines between agnosticism and weak atheism and so on fall), but in essence I agree with you. The way I see God is as a cleverly constructed idea that cannot be refuted scientifically. an isolated vortex in the meme pool.

Unread 11 Nov 2003, 14:48   #87
Nodrog

Quote:
Seeing as I have spent the last 12 years studying evolution, I find that kind of attitude disappointing. There is such a thing as being too cynical.

I have no problem with people who want to have certain beliefs or faiths I do not share. What I have a problem with are those who cannot be bothered to spend 10-20 years learning about a subject, but feel able to put the effort into attacking those who can. I don't think that's an unreasonable stance.

In this particular case, since the site uses cartoons drawn in the WWII propaganda style with the explicit intention of selling a product, I don't think it's unreasonable for a self-determined individual to be appalled regardless of their knowledge of science.
If you have 'spent 12 years studying evolution', then I obviously wasnt referring to you, given that my post was mocking the recurring theme in this thread of person A (who knows nothing about evolution other than the fact it must be true) critisizing person B (who knows nothing about evolution other than that its false because creationism is true!!!) for dogmatically accepting second hand beliefs, and generally not thinking much.

Quote:
Who cares about the presentation style? The cartoon still put forwards arguements about evolution/creationism. I seriously doubt that 90% of the people who posted some varient of "lolol thats so dum, silly jesus people!" have any idea whatsoever regarding the validity of said arguments (notice that I'm not even remotely claiming that the arguements were actually valid - thats irrelevant).
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 14:50   #88
sayonara
Shai Halud

Fair enough points nod.

See what happens when your posts are vague and indiscriminate? :-p
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 14:51   #89
Nodrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I don't think the issue is believing things without evidence. I'm pretty sure the resident 'science' guy who writes the stuff has read way more than me on evolution. It's to do with having rather blinkered views and/or intellectual dishonesty in dealing with the arguments.
You're constrasting his blinkered view with your own enlightened epistemology that allows you to realise his arguement is obviously wrong without even having to go to the bother of checking out his claims?

"I am firm, you are obstinate, he is a pigheaded fool"
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 15:01   #90
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
You're constrasting his blinkered view with your own enlightened epistemology that allows you to realise his arguement is obviously wrong without even having to go to the bother of checking out his claims?"
Well, I've read at least a couple of dozen books on the subject, studied it both at Uni and in my spare time, and so on. So, no. I'm aware of his claims, and I'm aware they're largely wrong, or misleading.

As I say, it's mainly an issue of the language used and the way the arguments are handled. Without knowing a single thing about evolution you can still tell his arguments are dodgy.

Also, there's an issue of trust. I know very little on theoretical physics (say). If there's an argument between various luminaries in the field versus a website where they call D&D "satanic", I hardly think it's "blind" to lean one way without going to get a physics degree...
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 15:51   #91
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
You may say well that doesn't mean he's wrong but if Noel Edmonds chose to suddenly start lecturing on theoretical physics I think it would fair to ignore his opinions.

Racist.

PS All those books you read were lies perpetuated by the evil catholics/arabs/atheists/communists (delete as appropriate). I recommend you go dig up those fossils yourself and then design a dating machine (it still wouldn't work for nod hohoho) to discover how old these fossils are as I think those evil <aforementioned group> planted them recently to confuse us and divert us from the word of good. First of all we better reinvent the wheel so we can be sure we're actually moving towards our destination and that those evil <long words go here> aren't deceiving us further. Best to re-establish reason first as well though.

PPS Parody lol.
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 16:16   #92
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

Creationists are hot.*

*based on limited experience
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 16:17   #93
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by queball
Creationists are hot.*
What do you mean by hot? Are we talking to the extent of bubbling?
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 16:19   #94
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
What do you mean by hot? Are we talking to the extent of bubbling?
4 billion years BC hot.
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 16:21   #95
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by queball
4 billion years BC hot.
The world was has only been around for four thousand, retard.
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 16:31   #96
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
If you have 'spent 12 years studying evolution', then I obviously wasnt referring to you, given that my post was mocking the recurring theme in this thread of person A (who knows nothing about evolution other than the fact it must be true) critisizing person B (who knows nothing about evolution other than that its false because creationism is true!!!) for dogmatically accepting second hand beliefs, and generally not thinking much.
Recurring theme in this thread? The only statements I can see relating to this topic in any meaningful way are mine and ChubbyChecker's, in which he says what you just said and I say that from an "enlightened" position, the result of science (whether you know the evidence or not) should be taken to be more reliable.
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 16:34   #97
Radical Edward

Quote:
The world was has only been around for four thousand, retard.
6000. it was flooded 4000 years ago.

Unread 11 Nov 2003, 16:37   #98
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Edward
6000. it was flooded 4000 years ago.
Well, you're a Catholic so you would say that, wouldn't you?
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 16:39   #99
Radical Edward

Quote:
Well, you're a Catholic so you would say that, wouldn't you?
be careful, or I will call upon the inquisition to slay you, you "true christian"

Unread 11 Nov 2003, 17:49   #100
G_frog
Look over there!

G_frog is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I seriously doubt that 90% of the people who posted some varient of "lolol thats so dum, silly jesus people!" have any idea whatsoever regarding the validity of said arguments.
most people can spot the dubious nature of "gluons are hypothetical, so it must be jesus".
G_frog is offline   Reply With Quote