User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 24 Apr 2003, 18:35   #51
Nicole

Nicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Belgarath The Sorcerer

LISTER: OK, I'll save it till last. (Holds up another.) _Lolita_. Is it
OK if I burn _Lolita_?
RIMMER: Save page sixty-one.

LISTER opens it and finds page sixty-one. RIMMER leans over his
shoulder.

RIMMER: That bit.
LISTER: That's disgusting.

He rips out page sixty-one, folds it into his pocket and throws the rest
of the book on the fire.

Goddamn you after reading this I was so looking forward to reading that page that when I got to it it wasn't nearly as shocking as it would have been had I not been expecting filth.

LOOK WHAT YOU DID!
Unread 25 Apr 2003, 09:45   #52
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future
because of heavy boredom, i started reading "Des Teufelsgeneral" (the devil's general (?!)) by Carl Zuckmayr.

a book which plays in germany during the 2nd WW and shows for example that not every german is/was a nazi.

i like the protagonist of this book, his attitude, life-style....read it if you have the chance to do it.

"Im Westen Nichts Neues" (Nothing New in The West (?!)) by Karl-Maria Remarque is also an all time classic. it plays during the 1st WW. excellent written + a human main character

don't forget Agatha Christie with "Hercule Poirot" & "Miss Marple" and ofc Sir Conan O. Doyle with "Sherlock Holmes". those have not a big draft but it is easy to read and exciting.

-Lupin

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2003, 09:50   #53
[GAP]Obiwan

[GAP]Obiwan is an unknown quantity at this point
i'm currently reading a book on Queen, i forget the title :/
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
[GAP]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2003, 13:07   #54
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Ste
Dead Air by Ian Banks - Only read a few chapters so far but is very relevent and a really enjoyable read!
As Banks books go, it's pretty poor. A loose plot filled up with discussions from down t'pub.

The bit with the Holocaust Denier is good though.

ps.

'Chuck Palahniuk' or something like that.

ps.

Invisable Monsters, etc, by the same author.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2003, 13:09   #55
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Advances in Chemical Physics Vol XXXVIII

an absolutely thrilling read
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2003, 14:03   #56
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
As Banks books go, it's pretty poor. A loose plot filled up with discussions from down t'pub.

The bit with the Holocaust Denier is good though.

ps.

'Chuck Palahniuk' or something like that.

ps.

Invisable Monsters, etc, by the same author.
Apparently Ian Banks writes a book a year in the space of about a month, which is why some of them are a lot worse than others, I've read most of them now... Still enjoying it though.

p.s. Thanks and will check them out!

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Apr 2003, 05:53   #57
The Nashmeister

New Wheel of Time book came out, but nothing happens in it really.
Unread 27 Apr 2003, 11:45   #58
Oribtal

Oribtal is infamous around these partsOribtal is infamous around these partsOribtal is infamous around these parts
Depends on what you want:
Descriptive, horror, good literary value:
Stona Fitch - "Senseless"

As you are here, you want to get a hold of:
Neil Gaiman - THE SANDMAN
most highly decorated comic book,....****ing awesome

Ian Banks - "The Wasp Factory" (KABOOOM)
named one of the 100books of the Century

And then of course:

Daniel Quinn - Ishmael
the entire "TEN" album by pearl jam was based on that book.....awesome stuff!! Cultural criticism

want more??

I am readin Charlie y la fabrica de chocolate in Spanish to improve ....well, my spanish!
Oribtal is offline   Reply With Quote