User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 9 Feb 2003, 23:23   #1
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
my parent's anniversary...

ok so my sister and i have finally thought of what to get my parents for their 25th wedding anniversary. with some help from our aunt (my mom's sister) we're going to repaint my parent's bedroom so when they come home from their Reno trip they'll be suprised!! \o/

the problem is that we can't decide on a colour.
my aunt thinks taupe.. my sister thinks red.. and i think burgundy.

my parent's dressers are black with gold trim, and their pillows/comforters are black and grey. so we need a colour that will go well with those colours.

any suggestions?
Unread 9 Feb 2003, 23:25   #2
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
pink
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2003, 23:25   #3
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
I only recognise red. I'm a man see.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2003, 23:25   #4
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
pink
beat me to it
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2003, 23:27   #5
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend
Everything in their room is dark, so surely you want a light colour?

What colour is it at the moment??

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2003, 23:28   #6
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
pink
wtf is pink? It seems to have been blotted out of my 'Man's Dictionary (tm) - with all phag and female words cut out. :P

Unread 9 Feb 2003, 23:28   #7
Saddam

Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
beat me to it

Pink, it's my new obsession
Pink, it's not even a question,
Pink, on the lips of your lover (oh)
'Cause Pink is the love you discover

Pink, as the bing on your cherry
Pink, 'cause you are so very
Pink, it's the color of passion
Ah, 'cause today it just goes with the fashion

Pink, it was love at first sight
Yeah, Pink when I turn out the light
And Pink gets me high as a kite
And I think everything is going to be all right
No matter what we do tonight

You could be my flamingo
'Cause pink, it's the new kinda of lingo
Pink, like a deco umbrella
It's kink that you don't ever tell her

And Pink when I turn out the light
Pink gets me high as a kite
And I think everything is going to be all right

Yeah!

I want to be your lover
I, I wanna wrap you in rubber
And it's pink as the sheets that we lay on
'Cause Pink it's my favorite crayon

Yeah!

Pink, when I turn out the light
Pink, it's like red but not quite
And I think, everything is going to be all right
Unread 9 Feb 2003, 23:29   #8
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
wtf is pink? It seems to have been blotted out of my 'Man's Dictionary (tm) - with all phag and female words cut out. :P
Jet occasionally wears a pink shirt.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2003, 23:29   #9
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
my mom would kill us if we painted it pink :\

btw we're getting rid of their stupid headboard and buying a black rod iron one. and my aunt was thinking of putting some kind of black 'scarf' on the windows... i dunno i don't want to do any window treatments.. but whatever :P

also.. last night my family was watching 'trading spaces' and my sister and i used the excuse of the show to ask what colour they'd have in their bedroom. my dad said red. which i couldn't tell if he was joking or not :\
Unread 9 Feb 2003, 23:31   #10
Aryn
Happy

Quote:
Originally posted by Sarina_Joy
Everything in their room is dark, so surely you want a light colour?

What colour is it at the moment??
the same grey as the rest of the house. i think it's the only room to never have been repainted in the 12 years we've lived here!
Unread 9 Feb 2003, 23:32   #11
Radical Edward

Quote:
Jet occasionally wears a pink shirt.
:P I had a good reply to this, but it is sadly ruined by my earlier comment.

Unread 9 Feb 2003, 23:36   #12
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend
Personally I prefer light colours, gives you more scope to decorate around it.

Dulux 'Honey Gold' perhaps
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2003, 23:38   #13
Radical Edward

post a pic of the room, indicating where all valuables are, and your address.

Unread 9 Feb 2003, 23:39   #14
MrMighty
Chimping

MrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the rough
Gilpin Gold.
MrMighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Feb 2003, 23:57   #15
Aryn
Happy

my mom's favourite colour is black.
she likes dark stuff.. she's weird :\
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 00:00   #16
Saddam

Quote:
Originally posted by Aryn
my mom's favourite colour is black.
she likes dark stuff.. she's weird :\
I like weird,

any chance that I can get to meet her?
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 00:13   #17
Homerio
Furious Angel

Homerio is an unknown quantity at this point
painting a room sounds like too much effort

all me and my brother did was put one of those announcements in the paper, parents loved it

<Slava> If we quit pa and take up residence in a new game that would be better. Take our organisation, alliance, and skills elsewhere.
<Hathor^> hyperiums
<Hathor^> Dark Galaxy
<Slava> anything will do.
* Slava imagines team-deathmatch-hopscotch
Homerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 00:21   #18
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I can't say I've ever done anything to celebrate someone else's anniversary, neither's friends of mine, or my parents for their parents.

Is it just us what are fecked up, or what? This celebrating something that has little to do with you seems odd to me.
pablissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 01:58   #19
Nicole

Nicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really nice
Your parents dressers are black with gold trim? Are your parents pimps or something? In any event I agree with you. Burgundy. Taupe is boring and red is garish, so burgundy it is.

Last edited by Nicole; 10 Feb 2003 at 03:43.
Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 03:32   #20
Xillah

Xillah is an unknown quantity at this point
Black, all i see is black.
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 04:00   #21
Spüg

Quote:
Originally posted by Xillah
Black, all i see is black.
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 04:56   #22
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Yellow.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 05:24   #23
Crackmonkey
monkey on crack

Crackmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Just each pick a wall and paint it however you like. Leave the fourth wall the way it is, or whichever one looks best.
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 05:26   #24
Aryn
Happy

today my dad said 'lime green' cause it's the 'in colour'
and i said 'i thought you said red yesterday?'
he said 'i did. well the walls don't all have to be the same colour'

hehe.
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 06:32   #25
Crackmonkey
monkey on crack

Crackmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Not going to be much of a surprise then is it?? At least you have a color for the fourth wall now.
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 12:55   #26
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of
Sky Blue
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 15:19   #27
MrMighty
Chimping

MrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the rough
Maroon.
MrMighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 15:19   #28
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

Aye, burgundy would be nice.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote