User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 27 Mar 2011, 13:02   #1
DoDDy
Twisted Individual

DoDDy can only hope to improve
Exclamation Remove Salvage?

After trawling through many moans and groans on this forum about the salvage rule, I have found it semi-necessary to create a new and a more focused post about the salvage rule.

My suggestions/points are as follows:

Why does ships that have no bearing on the battle, count towards salvage, may I suggest a rethink about this?
Perhaps changing this would have a positive effect on the eradication of salvage cheats.

And, as Judge quite rightly pointed out, just because you can't hit someone doesn't mean it's automatically cheating as you could be pinning someone down to not def someone else.... however I feel there is a solution here:

Hardly anyone uses the fake defend option and even less use the fake attack, why can't we somehow encourage the use of these options to lessen the chances of salvage donations.

I have genuinely attacked people before out of my depth just to pin them down and I for one wouldn't be bothered about using this option.

I know this does kinda kill the lucky land scenario, but for all those poker players out there, here is a good analogy for you, you wouldn't go all in with 7,2 off suit (about a 5% chance of winning) Just like you wouldn't launch on someone huge with the same odds.
May I suggest these launches (if complained about enough) to be set to fake attack by the multihunters if there is no question about the intentions of it.

I know it wouldn't sort the problem out fully, but I'm sure most would agree, it's a start.
#17 | 4:2:7 |Schumacher Levy 9 of Collision on Jupiter

Last edited by DoDDy; 27 Mar 2011 at 13:06. Reason: a few commas etc ;)
DoDDy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2011, 13:13   #2
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Remove Salvage?

I'm sorry, your solution to people sending attacks that can't land if the home planet keeps all his fleet home is to make it so that the home planet can get them set to fake attack if he complains about them enough?

Incidentally, wrong forum. Suggestions go on the suggestions forum. Not that they'll be read regardless of where you post them.
Unread 27 Mar 2011, 13:19   #3
DoDDy
Twisted Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
I'm sorry, your solution to people sending attacks that can't land if the home planet keeps all his fleet home is to make it so that the home planet can get them set to fake attack if he complains about them enough?

Incidentally, wrong forum. Suggestions go on the suggestions forum. Not that they'll be read regardless of where you post them.
Perhaps, but that wasn't the only point I put across, what about the BS/CR value accumulating salvage even though it has no effect on the battle.
Unread 27 Mar 2011, 13:27   #4
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

That would get too messy and stupid. What if, picking an example from this round's stats, I sent a few fireblades with my etd bs attack? Fi/co would now be targeted and included in the salvage distribution. And given that I assume the point of this thread is to deal with donations and cheating etc it'd be pretty easy to get around if you're intentionally doing it.

It'd also probably take pateam ages to code it.
Unread 27 Mar 2011, 13:31   #5
DoDDy
Twisted Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
That would get too messy and stupid. What if, picking an example from this round's stats, I sent a few fireblades with my etd bs attack? Fi/co would now be targeted and included in the salvage distribution. And given that I assume the point of this thread is to deal with donations and cheating etc it'd be pretty easy to get around if you're intentionally doing it.

It'd also probably take pateam ages to code it.
True, but if you did send those then yeah, by all means include the salvage.
Regardless of cheating, that's the right thing to do.
People salvage rape within the alliances :/